[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"I know I want this young woman to be at the center

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: JewStrikesAgain.jpg (47KB, 640x307px) Image search: [Google]
JewStrikesAgain.jpg
47KB, 640x307px
>"I know I want this young woman to be at the center of this thing. I know I want this Stormtrooper to abandon his post. There are just fundamental tenets of what we had come up with that were gonna stick. It just felt like every time Luke entered the movie, he just took it over. Suddenly you didn’t care about your main character anymore because, ‘Oh fuck, Luke Skywalker’s here. I want to see what he’s going to do."

Such a fucking tool.
>>
No shit I want to see Luke instead of Rey. He's actually somewhat fucking interesting, while Rey is the least interesting piece of shit in the movie.

It's so great to know that the OT cast are going to get sidelined into cameos for cheap nostalgia, have all their achievements shit on, and then killed off for manufactured drama so that JJ's shitty new cast of posers and mary sues can take over the franchise.
>>
>JJ afraid that Luke would upstage his precious new Disney Princess
>instead of making Rey a compelling character he reduces Luke down to a fucking plot device
Bravo. It's almost like it all could have been avoided if he set the movies farther in the future, where Luke, Leia, and Han aren't around anymore, so that he can avoid them upstaging his precious princess without shitting all over established characters.
>>
>>64565031
Didn't Kasdan say that?
>>
>>64565031
The only reason I saw this in theaters was to see Luke Skywalker, and he didn't have a single fucking line.

I didn't dislike the movie, but that pissed me off enough to shitpost everyday here about how much TFA "sucks."
>>
File: 1450957367817.jpg (17KB, 481x466px) Image search: [Google]
1450957367817.jpg
17KB, 481x466px
>>64565031

>re-introduce popular main character to a franchise after a 30 year absence

PEOPLE MIGHT ENJOY THAT BETTER REPLACE HIM WITH THE CUNT AND NIGGER
>>
Welp, looks like my hopes of Luke being a grizzled badass Jedi Master to carry the new trilogy like Obiwan carried the prequels are ruined.

Now I'm afraid that he'll say a quip, proclaim Rey the chosen one, and admit that she is simultaneously his, Han's, Yoda's, and Obi-Wan's daughter, and then die pointlessly 5 minutes later.
>>
>>64565782
>Kylo Ren shows up immediately after Rey does,
>His ship immediately shoots at Luke and Rey, they make FORCE SHIELDS for themselves
>Luke's is too weak and he gets btfo while Rey effortlessly protects herself
>Luke gets his other hand blown off, Kylo moving in for the kill
>Luke: R-REY!!! I COULD USE A HAND OVER HERE
>Rey uses force teleport behind Kylo, and then mindtricks him into leaving the planet
>Luke: Wow it looks like it is I who should be learning from YOU, Rey. Your teachings could come in... handy
>>
>>64565676

At least you got to see the face Mark Hammil makes when he's taking a dump.
>>
File: 1378130522296.jpg (43KB, 496x520px) Image search: [Google]
1378130522296.jpg
43KB, 496x520px
>>64565295
>>64565556
>>64565676
>>64565778
Sup reddit.

Mike already said Luke showing up would've ruined it.

And Rich said him just standing there was the best acting he's ever done.
>>
>>64566150
>Kylo confronts Luke "now I am the master"
>" I feel the good in you kylo, the conflict"
>Sabres clash, Rey looks on from a safe distance.
>"the good in me died with my father" sparking Sabres
>" I will not fight you" Luke goes into obiwans martyr stance.
>kylo slashes him, Luke disappears.
> Ray screams no, kylo looks on amazed.
Pottery intensifies.
>>
>>64565031
He's completely right though. The new leads needed room to develop by themselves without being overshadowed by the presence of the most iconic character in the franchise. I'm sure Luke will have a decent role in the sequels, but saving his reveal for the end of the first movie and keeping the focus of the story on my the younger generation was the best choice he could've made.
>>
File: 1430709903231.jpg (69KB, 425x621px) Image search: [Google]
1430709903231.jpg
69KB, 425x621px
>>64566428
No, no. That's all wrong.
>Kylo confronts Luke "now I am the master"
>Luke smirks, "If you say so, bantha breath..."
>Kylo's face contorts in juvenile rage, "YOU UNDERESTIMATE MY POWER REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
>Luke laughs, glancing at Rey, "You stand no chance nerf-herder, now that me and Rey are back in the hood, the true Return of the Jedi has happened!"
>*sabers ignite, the two circle each other for an awkwardly long period*
>Luke pauses, "so do I go first or do you go first?"
>Kylo takes a moment to consider the question when SUDDENLY Rey interrupts him with a surprise sheev spin, gravely injuring him
>before Kylo leaves, he shouts to them, "I'LL GET YOU NOOBS, THE EMPIRE WILL STRIKE BACK REEEEEE"
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.