[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: Man-of-Steel_01.jpg (270KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Man-of-Steel_01.jpg
270KB, 1920x1200px
what went wrong?
>>
sage for capeshit
>>
>>64564163
contrarian redditors saying the movie is bad.
that's what went wrong.
>>
nothing really
>>
Not much. A little darker than I would have liked but easily the best Superman film. Way better than any Nolan "Batman" flick. They had to appeal to everyone and did a decent job of it. Evocative, often beautiful direction. Top tier fight scenes. Some world building. Pretty good.
>>
>>64564163
that grim tone made it pretty much unwatchable, being a snyder movie did the rest
>>
They tried to make it more meaningful by Christ references but didn't have the balls to go all the way through.
Now you have Superman half the movie struggling about some stupid shit everybody knows don't matter in the end he's just gonna use his powers to defeat anyone.
>>
>>64564277
>They tried to make it more meaningful by Christ references

love this surface level analysis

are you also offended that the First Order is reminiscent of the Third Reich?
>>
>>64564329
Haven't watched Star Wars. If you didn't notice the Jesus references you are outright retarded. Not even mentioning Snyder confirmed this and held fucking church screenings.
But they swept it aside for reddit pandering. Like the scene in the bar where he has to contain his anger and then walks out and destroys the truck in an EPIC way completely ruining the point before.
>>
>>64564452

Yeah, the references are there because they fit. He's seemingly a God to us so, who does that remind you of? Christ. It's an apt allusion that's made but not belabored.
>>
File: dghfgfd1hgdft.jpg (22KB, 853x353px) Image search: [Google]
dghfgfd1hgdft.jpg
22KB, 853x353px
>>64564163
STOP, MY INVINCIBLE SON
YOU MIGHT GET HURT!
>>
>half origin half standalone, doesn't quite work
>someone threw up the entire works of fantasy over krypton
>uhh we need the codex. it's basically krypton's entire lineage? ok. implanted into superman via magic?
>lois lane is the key to all this! zod needs her on the ship for some reason??? hey lois, why are you on the plane at the end again?
>endless action finale, murderman confirmed. killing zod isn't problematic in itself, but the way it was handled was.
>zod could have started over anywhere in the galaxy, picked earth because the script demanded conflict
>product placement more obnoxious than a typical blockbuster

there are decent ideas in the movie but the direction squanders them. but i guess it's enjoyable enough if you turn your brain off and finally want to see superman in a real fight.
>>
>>64564610
The fuck is your point? I didn't call it belabored I said they ruined it by not daring to go all the way through.
Do you just argue to feel uppity?
>>
>>64564163
It was made.
>>
>>64564650
Krypton cannot be reborn with the codex.
Superman is the codex.
Superman is on earth.
Therefore, Zod attacks earth?
>>
File: Faroa.jpg (461KB, 618x929px) Image search: [Google]
Faroa.jpg
461KB, 618x929px
>>
>>64564163
I liked the movie
damn, for fucks sake, it's a superman film supposed to be enjoyable and it was fucking enjoyable

why do you fucking autists expect a fucking superman movie to be a masterpiece
>>
worst dc capeshit ever, LITERALLY
>>
>>64565142
> ywn have rough sex with an evil woman from krypton who will subdue you and act dominant

why live
>>
>>64564163
Nothing everyone who doesn't like it has shit taste
>>
>>64564632
Literally explains he doesn't want his son exposed earlier in the movie.

This meme was so stupid.
>>
Zack Snyder thought he could pull a Nolan
>>
>>64564163
it was the best capeshit of its year, then again no real competition
>>
>>64565009
yes, he needs superman, not earth. if anything terraforming earth is detrimental to him in the long term (loss of powers, how is he going to start again with three people?).
>>
>>64565281
his reasons are idiotic
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.