[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

well that was bad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 4

well that was bad
>>
well fuck your dad
>>
well now I'm mad
>>
well it is a fad
>>
it over lad
>>
plaid
>>
FUCK OFF
>>
Hey I'm making a movie called The Revenant and it's really good because it's about like survival and man vs nature and stuff and it's going to have really good cinematography by that guy who did the dinosaur movie and it'll be artistic because I'll cut to shots of nature when there's intense stuff happening to show how epic nature is like omg and I'm going to shoot it in long takes because all the best directors do it and I'm one of those great directors like Tarkovsky because I'm going to have the mother levitating like in Mirror and it'll be really dreamlike and cool because the camera isn't on a tripod and it's like that guy who did the dinosaur movie where it's all flowing and beautiful but I'm going to make it violent and cool by having close ups so extreme that Leo's breath gets on the lens and I'm making everything super violent like Tarantino epic I know right but it'll be serious and it'll show how man are animals and how we're worse than the savages because we cut people's hands off and stuff but that's not all because it'll have super deep philosophy and there'll be a monologue where God is a squirrel and he gets killed and eaten because god is dead and we have killed him you know like Neechy but only super deep thinkers will get it like me god damn it I'm so smart
>>
It wasn't bad but I won't watch it again you fag
>>
well now I'm sad
>>
>>64563882
well you seem sad
>>
i don't think it was bad but it wasn't really all that good
after watching it i just really don't have any strong feelings about it one way or the other
>>
>>64563882
What is it about Letterboxd that attracts so many weirdos?
>>
you must be a Chad
>>
>>64563530
is this an ad?
>>
shame, the movie had a good ad
>>
>>64563999
>>64564009
beat you to it, lad
>>
>>64563941
So you are not even mad?
>>
>>64563731
>>64563806
>>64563833
>>64563863
And people still pretend star wars didn't make this board mainstream with the /b/ and reddit crowd
jesus christ
>>
>>64564032
That great minds think alike makes me Glad
>>
you should feel glad
>>
>>64564039
just a tad
>>
>>64563882
I like how you tried to meme the plot and still ended up writing out an entire really long fucking paragraph

Do you get the irony?
>>
>>64563882
>>64563530
You fucks are the reason American audiences are the biggest plebs
If there werent so many faggots like you maybe we wouldnt be seeing 24 more capeshit movies over the next 3 years.
>>
>>64564086
What is your top 10 for 2015?
>>
>>64564073
People coming from /tv/ has been happening for a while, comrade
>>
>>64564073
fuck off pleb
>>
Will the bear win an award?
>>
>>64564086
Hopefully capeshit will be just a fad
>>
>>64564073
pretty rad
>>
>>64564073
take it easy, brad
>>
>>64563530
I loved it
The choreography, acting, cinematography and music were all great.
The story was simple but good enough.
Floating ghost wife was my biggest flaw
>>
>>64564086
I hate star wars, but that not what made /tv/ go bad.
>>
I agree, OP, just finished it. It was pretty bad.
>>
>>64564109
Well i dont know if this was top 10 material but it certainly wasnt bad and is way better than all the blockbuster sequel baiting bullshit that came out this year.

1. Slow West
2. 45 Years
3. White God
4. Anomilsa
5. The Gift
6. The Lobster
7. Beasts of no Nation
8. 99 Homes
9. The Hunting Ground
10. Spotlight
Honorable mentions to Shaun the Sheep and The Big Short
semi honorable mentions to Sicario and Fury Road
>>
File: excited brad pitt.jpg (71KB, 618x412px) Image search: [Google]
excited brad pitt.jpg
71KB, 618x412px
>>64564135
>they didn't wait to release it in the Berlinale
>the bear could have won a Silver Bear
>>
>>64564197
nothing made /tv/ this way. Its always been inherently terrible.
Even before Bane
>>
File: cr2.jpg (14KB, 372x386px) Image search: [Google]
cr2.jpg
14KB, 372x386px
>>64564464
So a "/tv/ patrician"
>>
My wife's son's dad rather enjoyed it
>>
>>64563882
It didn't really have that many long takes. I was surprised, because it reminded me of The New World at times.
>>
>>64563530
GOD GIVETH
>>
>>64564678
Unlike Birdman which went out of its way with long takes. Revenant knew when to cut which made me like it more.
>>
>>64564598
>gaygadas
>>
>>64564598
you wanna see a "/tv/ patrician"
here they are
>>64563882
>>64563530
If you want more check out the constant Star wars threads.
Maybe you should stick to discussing film on /b/, they seem more in line with your maturity level
>>
>>64564464
>slow west
>the gift
>the lobster
>semi honorable mentions to Fury Road

Holy pleb balls batman! could you be more of a pseudo-patrician hipster fuck?
>>
>>64563530
It was okay. Too self indulgent and hamfisted at times. Could've been much better.
>>
>Saw this right after I saw Hateful 8
>I was so bored I left right after his son died

Seriously, why was this made? It isn't good Oscar Bait, it isn't good direction, and the CGI on the bears was horrible.
>>
>>64564899
>1. Slow West
>3. White God
>4. Anomilsa
>5. The Gift
>6. The Lobster
>7. Beasts of no Nation
>10. Spotlight
>The Big Short
>semi honorable mentions to Sicario and Fury Road

No your friend is a prime example of a "/tv/ patrician" that thinks he has a taste
>>
>>64564968
millennial: the post
>>
I want an option to hide posts from anyone with any of the following in their top ten of 2015
>mad max
>the lobster
>kingsman
>star wars
>any capeshit
>the martian
>MI: rogue nation
>spectre
>jurassic world
>entertainment

If this applies to you, leave this board now
Here, I'll help you
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>64563530
Its my MOTY
>>
>>64563882
loled to this even though i am probably gonna enjoy the film
>>
>>64565186
Cocksmoker.
>>
>>64563530
That's scientifically impossible. Leo and Innaritu are great people who cared greatly about the film. They loved something about what it represents and wanted to share it. There IS something hidden inside it. I wanna find that thing this smart and awesome human beings liked about that movie. If I succeed, I'm absolutely convinced I will like it too.
>>
>>64563530
>kill bear
>let him keep the coat made out of the bear
Such nice people
>>
>>64563530
Who destroyed the Indian village Fitzgerald and the kid stumbled into?
>>
File: 1423714255732.jpg (22KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1423714255732.jpg
22KB, 640x640px
>>64564464
>actually liking The Lobster
>>
>>64567033
le french
>>
Since no one responded in the troll thread....

The ending. His death seems unlikely considering he was half eaten by a bear and survived. I doubt a knife wound to the leg, hand, and a cut on his face would take him out. I'm guessing it was a moment that means he can be a peace now? The other Pawnee saying revenge is in God's hands and him sending the guy down the river instead of ending it himself kind of put things back in order. No more chaos...at least regarding his family, since they're gone anyway. Him having saved the Indian girl set things right and that's why the other tribe let him live, right? That's what I'm supposed to get from that?
>>
>>64567033
Captain Leavenworth of the U.S. army. Historically Leavenworth was too beta to attack the Arikara, which gave them time to desert that village and regroup for more raids. The trappers burned the deserted village anyway out of rage.
>>
>>64563882

TLDR
>>
>>64564464

douche list
>>
>>64565186
surprised that Sicario isn't in that list
>>
This movie was shit deal with it.
>>
>>64569037
More like The Shit
>>
>>64563910
maybe youre the bundle of sticks
>>
>>64564073
Calm down, chad
>>
>>64569072
no, its bad, this movie is all oscar bait
>>
>>64569214
>Oscar bait
>not a period drama
>all the action
Its can be Cannes bait but not Oscar bait like Joy, Spotlight, Steve Jobs or Danish Girl.
It basically the thinking mans action movie
>>
>>64563530
What was? Your taste in film?
>>
>>64569072
Leo pls, you won't win an oscar this way
>>
>>64563530
Brutal fights were brutal. Indians were just as savage as the trappers. Beautiful scenery. I loved it. Idk how some of you didn't.
>>
>>64563530
>master tracker
>doesn't notice a bear until it's ten feet from him
And they call a meme, A MEME!
>>
>>64563530

this movie was a 2/10 at best. the only redeeming factor (if you can call it that) is the great use of natural lighting, and thats pretty much it.

Everytime Tom Hardy opened his mouth the movie felt like it was a comedy, every time Leo was in the scene you can hear him scream internally "GIVE ME THE FUCKING OSCAR" all wrapped around a shit plot. No one had any motivation to do anything besides 'muh honor!'.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.