[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does Tarantino mean when he says digital projection is the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: quentin-tarantino.jpg (43KB, 930x516px) Image search: [Google]
quentin-tarantino.jpg
43KB, 930x516px
What does Tarantino mean when he says digital projection is the death of cinema and that it's basically like TV in public? What are the cons of digital projection?

Are there actual perceptual differences that make it inferior or is he being a luddite?
>>
he is literally autistic, change disturbs him
>>
He's just a faggot, jesus christ he's so tiresome with his fucking obsessions with feet, black dick and 70mm/film vs digital.

>watching the round table with Ridley Scott, Inarittu, Boyle, Tarantino and the others
>the first thing tarantino says is literally "hurr cinema is dead it died with digital people don't go to pay shitload of money to watch my shitty flicks"
>cue nodding in approval to himself

Fuck this faggot
>>
>>64558594
he's an idiot dolby vision with atmos sound is a billion times better than standard cinema
>>
Digital projection IS shit, the color constrast, the brightness, the dynamic range, all of it is measurably inferior to film. There are improvements coming so one day there will be parity, but right now it's just not there.
>>
>>64558594
It looks cleaner, which actually is a negative to some people. Personally I can't stand watching 4K TV's.
It's just a matter of taste and is definitely not "killing" anything in and of itself.
>>
>>64558594
Because before digital projectors, they were film projectors which is why movies are fucking call movies, you faggot.

Now we're all paying for a blu-ray/HD download of a movie that's being projected like a giant TV. Instead of film reels being fed through, with light shinning through it with a giant lens making the picture on the screen.
>>
>>64558968
That's in less than 10 theaters in the world right now faggot.
>>
>>64558594
It's a hipster thing, like the people that claim vinyl sounds "warmer" and "more authentic". 48fps however can fuck right off. It looks horrible for anything but animation.
>>
It's a black male thing
>>
>>64558616
Not all change is good
>>
File: 1451670815619.gif (968KB, 320x265px) Image search: [Google]
1451670815619.gif
968KB, 320x265px
>>64558969
>>
The same happened when music became digital. Of course fags can't hear that with their shitty $100 headphones.
Digital recording and playback always lose data.
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 450x292px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 450x292px
>>64559044
he lives in a backwater hick town
>>
>>64558969
this

at some point digital will be comparable to film, but right now digital is BTFO by 35mm
>>
>>64558999
You probably hate the shitty TruMotion thing that comes default (but can be turned off) on new TVs, not the resolution
>>
>>64559104
true but analog valve amp > digital still
>>
>>64559255
Yeah, it bothers the fuck out of me when I go to someone's house and they still have that "feature" enabled. I don't know how people can stand it.
>>
>>64559206
comparable enough to not bother having to deal with handling the shipping and the equipment and setting up of physical reels, and then having trained staff to handle this shit.

digital, insert drive, upload, catalogue, press play, go.
>>
>>64559196
He enjoys living with metro sexual jews and niggers and embraces 'multiculturalism'
>>
>>64559206
1,000,000:1 contrast ratio
4k resolution
20,000 NITS

film BTFO
>>
>>64559482
enjoy your back water inferior film projection billy bob
>>
>>64558594
Went out of my way to see Hateful Eight in 70mm. While the presentation was top notch (no trailers, added overture + intermission) however the projected quality was dogshit. Titles on the screen wobbled and there was already damage to the overall quality.

Film projection became obsolete once 4K became standard for projection.

He's just an old fashioned Fagiola
>>
>>64559206
at least argue for 70mm film you simpleton 35mm is so stone age inferior right now
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.