[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many movies do you think they are planning to do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

How many movies do you think they are planning to do?
>>
>>64556605
As many as they can do. They'll keep on making new ones until people loose interest and they risk losing money.
>>
>>64556718
Lose* sorry
>>
As many as they can crank out.

What I'm wondering is if they'll keep making new trilogies, or if after this new one they're doing they'll just keep making spinoffs and the like
>>
>>64556605
>literal pause buttons on their back
The iTroopers still piss me off.
>>
File: hux_sw.jpg (27KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
hux_sw.jpg
27KB, 300x300px
Killing Space Nazis is fun. You feel no remorses.
>>
Hmm

So they could do this trilogy, then they also have the two anthology films Rogue One and Han Solo Prequel. That brings us to 5 films by 2020, I believe.

I know they're also planning on making a Boba Fett movie, and if they do a couple more anthology movies, I can see them doing 2 or three more by 2025.

So to recap that's about 9 by 2025, when they could easily go and make a new trilogy, supplemented by 2 or 3 anthology films utilising the new "old" characters.

So I'd say we'd be looking at around 15 films by 2030, which averages to about 1 a year
>>
>>64556605

One every year as long as sales prediction gives a positive balance for the next one.
>>
File: star-trek-series.jpg (414KB, 1920x960px) Image search: [Google]
star-trek-series.jpg
414KB, 1920x960px
Before Return of the Jedi became a thing, doing as many movies as Star Trek was more or less the plan.
>>
>>64556605
bout tree fiddy
>>
Not as many as they would like, I hope.

they'll be beating a dead horse by the time the Han Solo movie comes out.
>>
>>64556986
The Han Solo prequel is being directed by one of the guys who wrote and directed the Lego Movie...so there's theoretically still hope.
>>
How many Simpsons episodes are there? If people will pay to see this shit, there's no reason to stop.
>>
They said no one will live to see the last Star Wars movie.
>>
Star Wars every year nigga

Rogue One (2016)
Episode VIII (2017)
Untitled Han Solo movie (2018)
Episode IX (2019)
Untitled Boba Fett movie (2020)
>>
>>64557494
Episode X - The Return of Jar Jar (2021)
Episode XI - The Ewoks Troop (2022)
Episode XII - Queen Leia and her slaves (2023)
>>
>>64557494
>Star Wars is the new MCU
Wow fucking Disney kikes
>>
>>64557494

They'll split episode IX into two parts
>>
>>64556605
Infinite
>>
>>64556605
How many movies do you think it takes for the mainstream audience to get tired of Star Wars?
>>
>>64557659
That's fucking retarded.
>>
>>64557728
10-20 years. It's gonna be the next capeshit
>>
One a year until they stop turning a profit.
>>
>>64557659

legitimately possible fuck me
>>
>>64557732
About as retarded as splitting the Hobbit into thre parts.

Oh wait.
>>
>>64557494
nuke disney please
>>
They're going to milk this shit until people grow tired of it and it starts earning them less and less revenue like Ultron and Antman.
>>
>>64557732

New Star Wars is Young Adult Hunger Games, Marvel Cinematic Universe tier shit, of course they'll do it.
>>
>>64557494
Also there's likely going to be an Obi-wan film as well. Holy shit this will be legitimately terrible.
>>
>>64557659
DONT GIVE THEM IDEAS
>>
>>64556605

Lucas originally planned on 12 "Episodes".

Disney may top that with all their side movies.
>>
File: 1414974932252.png (56KB, 1068x1112px) Image search: [Google]
1414974932252.png
56KB, 1068x1112px
>>64556605
Did anyone else see the New Order and think, "I prefer them to the Resistance" ?

I know I did.

>New Order is full of white people on computers, like me
>Resistance is full of aliens and women

I'll take a double-helping of the New Order, please.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.