[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Han or anyone else believe the Jedi and the Sith were

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 4

File: Yoda and Chewie.png (1MB, 1275x816px) Image search: [Google]
Yoda and Chewie.png
1MB, 1275x816px
Why did Han or anyone else believe the Jedi and the Sith were a myth?
Not believing in the Force and dismissing it as mumbo-jumbo is sort of understandable, but the Jedi and Sith are historical figures that fought in wars in living memory.
Did Chewbacca never tell Han any war stories about Yoda? Did people miss the fact that the Jedi were big deals in the News during the Clone Wars and were wanted criminals afterwards? Did Rey think all those history books and news reports were fake?
>>
>>64552498
Han was just being a ballbuster.
Motti is a space-fedora.
>>
There were only about 10,000 Jedi in a galaxy of quadrillions. Most people only heard stories about them that would sound like myths to your average joe. Han and Admiral Motti aren't doubting that Jedi existed as an institution, they just think they were crazy old monks who had no real power. It's not like the Clone Wars had war correspondents, most of the galaxy would have never seen them in action.

It would have been even worse if they had kid Han hanging out with Yoda in episode III as Lucas originally intended
>>
>>64552584
Motti didn't deny the force exists though, he just called it worthless
>>
>>64552658
Space-agnostic then, whatever.
>>
>>64552498
it's really just a plot hole, especially when you consider that wookies lives for hundreds of years, and species like Maz's and Yoda's live upwards of a thousand years so many people were alive during the time of the jedi, and even if they never met one they still lived during the period with the greatest number of jedis. I always hear people spout that Jedis were in the thousands when the galaxy had trillions of individuals and that's fine and all and i could understand how people in the outter rim and backwater planets wouldn't have known if they were real but someone like Han should have just based on the amount of space travelling that he did. Not to mention the fact that Palpatine used the Jedi as a scapegoat to justify his rise to power so it doesn't make sense that people like Moff or Han don't believe in them.
>>
>>64552498
>It's not like the Clone Wars had war correspondents
I thought that's what the Holonet News did.
Public opinion was frequently discussed, there were even anti-war protestors in front of the jedi temple.
>>
>>64552630
But the Jedi literally had a huge temple thing on the capital planet of the republic. Plus Anakin pulls the "Jedi business" line in the bar/club thing in episode 2 after chasing the sub contracted assassin, at least suggesting the Jedi were a pretty well known group to the general population at the time.
>>
>>64552630
Fuck that, anybody who stepped foot in coruscant at some point in their lives prior to the rise of the empire would be exposed to Jedi lore.

And what when talking to Chewie about the clone wars Han was just like "Sure furball a little green toad decapitated a bunch of clones, whatever you say"
>>
>>64552709
Is any of this established in the films or is this EU bullshit?
>>
>>64552709
Meant to respond to >>64552630
>>
>>64552795
Star Wars the Clone Wars is canon
>>
I'm surprised that no one considered that perhaps history had been rewritten. They may have served both sides. The New Republic might have thought that the use of force was just too dangerous and was ultimately the fall of the republic. The New Order might repress that knowledge to prevent negative public opinion on all ends. It's either that or retcons
>>
>>64552837
Fuck life. It could have had potential if it wasn't in that atrocious art style.
>>
>>64552777
>>64552791
Do you even know how big Coruscant is? It's a city-wide planet with a population of 100 billion people. Even if you drove past the temple on your way to work you were still very statistically unlikely to ever see a Jedi. It's not like they had the temple open for visitors. As I said no one doubts that the Jedi existed. They're doubting their powers and the existence of the Force.

and keep in mind, Han and Motti are just two characters. The leaders of the Rebel Alliance still believed in the Force, and so did Max von Sydow's character
>>
>>64552791
>And what when talking to Chewie about the clone wars Han was just like "Sure furball a little green toad decapitated a bunch of clones, whatever you say"
This also means that Chewie never bothered telling Luke, a jedi in training, any stories about the Jedi. Otherwise Luke would have known who Yoda was.
>>
>>64552630
this is such bullshit, I have never met an isis fighter but that doesn't mean they don't exist and I never met a Nazi but that doesn't mean I'm not aware of them because I never saw them IRL

The fact of the matter is Jedis were supposed to have been much more smaller in the OT than what ended up happening in the PT and nobody called George on it
>>
>>64552897
>As I said no one doubts that the Jedi existed.
That's not what Han says in Episode VII. And Rey had doubts they were real too
>>
>>64552837
Clone Wars establishes that Obi-Wan and Grievous fought many times even though Episode III was clearly supposed to be their first meeting. What matters are the movies. When Ahsoka Tano or Han's black ex-wife show up in the movies, get back to me.

The "New EU" being "canon" is a marketing tactic to convince people to buy it.
>>
>Han is present when Luke lifts 3po in front of the ewoks with the force to rescue everyone
>thinks the force and jedi are bullshit
>>
>>64552962
>Clone Wars establishes that Obi-Wan and Grievous fought many times even though Episode III was clearly supposed to be their first meeting
Wrong, they only said it was Anakin's first meeting with Grievous. The showrunners said that because of this they weren't allowed to have them meet in the show.
>>
>>64552498
Empire takes over and goes on massive history deletion and propaganda? After 3 sheev could and did paint them as evil everyehere except for leia and small amount of others.
>>
ANH was written and filmed before the entire story was hammered out.

There's your answer. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but it's the truth.

It wouldn't have been as good if that Imperial said to Vader "Your sad devotion that religion that ended about 20 years ago has not recovered the stolen data plans."
>>
>>64552498
Holy fuck my mother and jizz on her tits. Is this a cap from Ep III?
>>
>>64552946
I've tried to watch episode VII 4 times now but wound up getting too drunk to finish it. Does Han really not believe in the Jedi? He met Obiwan for fuck sake.
>>
File: TA.png (370KB, 418x499px) Image search: [Google]
TA.png
370KB, 418x499px
AAAAEUUUUUUUUUUGGGH?
>>
>>64552944
You need to think on a much larger scale then a planetary one. If I lived as a moisture farmer in the outer rim and my planet wasn't caught up in the clone wars or ever visited by a Jedi in the last hundred years and you told me that there was a group of people who used laser swords and could crush things with their mind I'd call you a god damn liar. I think this applies to the majority of the galaxy at large as well. Maybe the inhabitants of the core worlds were more knowledgable about the Jedi but I doubt it.
>>
>>64552995
He did start to believe because of stuff like that. In TFA he said he didn't use to believe but then he came to see that it was all true. It was probably his time with Luke that showed him.
>>
>>64553054

No. Han is the one who confirms that the Jedi are in fact real to Rey.
>>
>>64552944

Dawg there are 7billion people on Earth. Coruscant is a city-wide PLANET of 100 billion people. Of course you've heard of ISIS.
>>
>>64552498
>Did Chewbacca never tell Han any war stories about Yoda?

Han pretends to understand Chewie's roars, but he actually doesn't.
>>
>>64552944
Yeah and Nazis and ISIS don't have magic fucking powers and telekinesis it's a bit different
>>
>>64553157
Kek, I want this to be canon

Brb, gunna play Unleashed and murder wookies on Kashyyk as vader.
>>
>>64552498

Given that when Lucas made Star Wars, before the release, many believed it was bullshit and a stupid fairy tale, that wasn't going to succeed, I think maybe (just maybe) Lucas introduced both Han and that imperial faggot (don't know his name) scenes presenting two guys who had no faith in the Force to try to sync with the audience.

Here's one of the heroes that in the beginning doesn't believe in the Force and ends up saying 'may the Force be with you'.
Here's one imperial loser faggot that understimates the power of the Force, and here's what happens to him.

Like these were more meant to drive the audience to believe in the Force rather than presenting a universe were many didn't believe in it.

It's just an idea. Not saying that this was Lucas' actual purpose for sure.
>>
The winner writes the history books.
>>
>>64552944
Obi Wan says the Jedi were the guardians of peace in the old Republic and that he was a famous general in the Clone Wars, and Luke knew what he was talking about. All he didn't know was what the Force was.
>>
>>64553023
Why would Grievous need to explain to Obi-Wan that he's been trained in the Jedi Arts by Count Dooku?

If Clone Wars is canon, he should already know that.
>>
>>64553205
True, but there's a lot of mystique with the Nazi's with regards to their evil science. A lot of things we know to be true, a lot of things are known to be true but not widely accepted. A few things are outright denied.

Hell, Germany has holocaust deniers. The US has people that think missiles and controlled demolitions dropped the twin towers. That wasn't even 20 years ago.
>>
>>64553127
Yeah, but before that Han says that he used to believe the Jedi and Sith weren't real, not just that he didn't believe the Force was real
>>
>>64552498
The answer to this fundamentally important question is, niggers.
>>
prequels aren't canon. disney's only giving a lip service canon to them and it'll be obvious as the new movies continue they basically didn't happen.
>>
>>64553409
Go away nigger guy. We don't like nigger guys in these parts.
>>
>>64553434
>Ewan McGregor makes a cameo
>Hayden Christiansen was planned to appear in VIII
>will likely appear before the end of the new trilogy
>millions of people consider the prequels to be the superior trilogy
>prequels are pseudo canon

Anon...
>>
>>64553281
George clearly saw fit to overwrite that. It's not like he hasn't done it before.
>>
>>64553434
Prequels are very canon.

>While Lucasfilm always strived to keep the stories created for the EU consistent with our film and television content as well as internally consistent, Lucas always made it clear that he was not beholden to the EU. He set the films he created as the canon. This includes the six Star Wars episodes, and the many hours of content he developed and produced in Star Wars: The Clone Wars. These stories are the immovable objects of Star Wars history, the characters and events to which all other tales must align.

>six Star Wars episodes

http://www.starwars.com/news/the-legendary-star-wars-expanded-universe-turns-a-new-page

Go ahead and argue that that's just lipservice, but that lipservice re-cemented them and TCW as canon.
>>
>>64553434
>implying Snoke isn't Plagueis

They have the same theme music ffs
>>
>>64553680
>Snoke is Plagueis
>Rey is Kenobi's great granddaughter
>Skywalker Kenobi role reversal
>>
>>64552498
What game is this from?

Did they really work together?
>>
>>64553795
>Luke is Rey's father
>Rey was hidden on Jakku after Kylo turned to the Dark Side
>Rey will be tempted by the Dark Side and fight Luke, thinking Luke killed her father
>"No, I am your father"

IT IS INEVITABLE
>>
>>64553235
It's feasible, but it was probably someone else's idea and not Lucas'
>>
>>64552498
People also forgot the Jedi was the excuse Palpatine used to become Emperor.

Kinda absurd people forgot his coronation.
>>
>>64552658
The force is pretty worthless desu, it's literally just weak telekinesis that you can't even spam.

I see more out of generic weeaboo fighting magic.
>>
>>64553235
>Here's one of the heroes that in the beginning doesn't believe in the Force and ends up saying 'may the Force be with you'.
I always felt that line was really insincere.
>>
>>64553952
>It's feasible, but it was probably someone else's idea and not Lucas'
Is it because contradicts your Plinkett narrative?
>>
propaganda from the empire

bad writing from lucas

pick one
>>
>>64554439
>propaganda from the empire
The Empire's propaganda was that the Jedi are real and really bad (they pinned the Clone Wars on them, even claiming Dooku was still working for the Jedi), and if you see a Jedi contact your local Imperial Office
>>
>>64553952
>le dumbface lucas meme xD
>>
>>64554722

ok bad writing than
>>
TFA makes no sense because the new republic didn't even send an army to fight terrorists in their own territory, no wonder they go btfo
>>
Shorty how'd'ya get so fly?
>>
>>64554946
bad decisions by JJ caused scenes to be removed from the movie that was crucial to shit like this.

The new republic doesn't believe the FO is as big as they actually are and thinks Leia is just an alarmist, there was a whole scene dedicated to this with a new character who is the senator we see on hosnian prime in the brief second it's in the movie.

But it got cut because they didn't want to reveal Leia before she meets up with Han, which was stupid honestly.
>>
File: NS_MILKY_WAY_POSTER.0.jpg (1MB, 4332x3295px) Image search: [Google]
NS_MILKY_WAY_POSTER.0.jpg
1MB, 4332x3295px
>>64552498
the general public has not knowledge of

the haitian revolution
john brown
tienanmen sq
basic current events

motherfuckers think the moon landing is a fucking myth

why is it so hard for you to believe people in a GALAXY would know details of anything

shit you're dense
>>
>>64555230
Stupid or troll?
>>
Reminder than the clone army is 1.2 million clone strong.
When Coruscant alone has 100 billion people in it
>>
>>64555356
God that was stupid. They should have had it that the clones were the elite forces, but still have soldiers from different Republic planets fight as well.
The Empire makes more sense, they have actual recruits from academies
>>
>>64552498
She's a sand nigger on a backwater planet. She steals scrap for food you really think she gets the news? As for Han George Lucas is a stupid Jew.
>>
>>64555356
George Lucas can't into galactic scales.
That's even less soldiers than the US army in WWII.
>>
That shitty TFA will never be canon to me
>>
>>64552498
Please tell me this is not an actual cap from the movie
>>
>>64556247
It isn't
>>
>>64552498
people think the Rosicrucians were a myth
>>
Jedi were like Freemasons. Everyone knew they exist but most think they're weirdos and some think they even practice magic.
>>
>>64552498
Jesus was a well documented historical figure as well but fedoras will deny his existence when trying to deny the existence of God.

I don't think it's a stretch that Han is skeptical of the force but thinks he knows better than everyone and through that stubbornness he becomes the ignorant and closed minded fool.
>>
>>64552498
There were like 20 jedi in the croissant headquarters, how many planets? Thousands?
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.