[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did /tv/ prefer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: blu-ray-vs-hd-jpeg.jpg (48KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
blu-ray-vs-hd-jpeg.jpg
48KB, 500x373px
What did /tv/ prefer?
>>
>>64551936
HD DVD of course.
>>
>physical media
>>
VHS
>>
>>64551987
Same here. I remember Troy looking amazing on HD DVD.
>>
>>64551936
Hd dvd is the patricians choice
>>
>>64551936
torrents
>>
Well since it's the unpopular, they're going to say HD-DVD.

> 4chan, the home of hipsters
>>
HD DVD was shit.
>>
>>64552121
Reported to FBI. Enjoy being Tyrone's bitch in federal prison.
>>
All I remember about HD-DVD is that shitty Xbox 360 add-on.
>>
>>64552193
I leave in a country without FBI, copyright enforcment and Tyrone immigrants.
>>
>>64552267
Poo in loo?
>>
>>64551936
HD DVD is capable of giving the same picture quality as blu ray, blu ray was just made to get people buying physical media again
>>
HD DVD because it was region free.
>>
I know for a while you could get an hddvd player and the movies really cheap was almost tempted for that reason
>>
>>64552193

>living in such a shithole

nah m8, enjoy your free dums though.
>>
In the long run, HD DVD would have been worse because of the smaller storage size (15GB single layer, 30GB dual layer). Considering that just about all movies come on dual-layer Blu-Rays nowadays, and the movies themselves are typically 35GB or so, we'd be stuck with either lower quality or disc swapping (like Laserdisc).

People like to compare HD-DVD vs Blu-Ray to Betamax vs. VHS, but VHS was objectively shittier, while Blu-Ray is objectively better (with the exception of region locking and that BD-Java bullshit)
>>
HD-DVD was destined to fail

And it didn't help that Microsoft just didn't support it at all. They should have made it the standard for X360 consoles instead of as an add-on pretty much only used for movies.

It may not have saved it but at least Sony wouldn't have been so butt-fucked with 3rd-party game devs "being fair" to the limitations of the X3560 by producing shitty ports for PS3
>>
Blu ray because i had best console att
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.