[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which movie had the biggest hype before release?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: rey-anakin.jpg (47KB, 671x404px) Image search: [Google]
rey-anakin.jpg
47KB, 671x404px
>>
>>64547338
Hard to say, but I think TPM have had higher hype among fans and big expectations to become another cult, iconic milestone, while TFA generated much wider hype, but without expectations to change it's generation's lives.
>>
TFA imo
>>
TPM because of thelarger wait period and nothing inbetween like Clone wars and decent Vidyas not to mention people thought it was the best thing ever when it came out
>>
>>64547338
tuff call
i think it was a bog deal George made his and peeps were stoked
then it was done no more star wars

oh what ? more?
sequals to originalssssss hype as fuck

=
>>
>>64547338
I got more hyped over the episode I.
>>
File: 1436242347634[1].jpg (37KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1436242347634[1].jpg
37KB, 640x360px
>>64547411
>>64547433
>>64547477
>>
TFA has more forced hype through advertising and promotion campaigns. Fucking Star Wars apples. There's also internet now, so everywhere people hyping it up even if they're not a film blog, retweets and shit, have to be part of Star Wars now to be cool.

Hype for TMP was genuine and without pretense.
>>
TPM. You were underage back then if you think TFA had even half of the hype.
>>
>>64547479
what?
not being a dick but what in the actual fuck are you saying?
>>
>>64547492
bane and his non dubs have no place here
fuck off
>>
>>64547479
Carrie?
>>
>>64547338

TPM's hype was enough to drive other movies to #1 at the box office just so people could see the trailer.
>>
>>64547500
>whenever something is hyped while I dont like it it must be fake
>>
>>64548020
But then again, consider the fact that there wasn't a YouTube to rewatch the trailer 100 times over when TPM came out.
>>
Phantom Menace without a doubt, I remember everyone thinking it would be one of the greatest films ever made rivaling the original trilogy.
TFA had more of the expectation of being better than the prequels and redeeming the franchise a bit since Lucas was gone, but most of the hype just came from the marketing campaign they set up for it.

I miss the hype I used to have for movies.
>>
>>64548052
can't deny disney went overboard with advertising tho
>>
>>64548090
This, I enjoyed TFA but Disney really went overboard with the marketing to the point where my hype was gone for it by December.
>>
>>64547338
TFA had Disney's advertising juggernaut behind it,creating aburd amounts of artificial hype.
But among the public no movie ever was more anticipated than TPM.
There's not even a comparison between the two
>>
Why do people keep asking this? TPM, without a doubt, had higher hype.

The time between Ep. III and TFA is peanuts compared to the span of Ep. VI and TPM and how much time people had to hype themselves up.
>>
>>64548128
>not buying official Star Wars printed toilet paper for an additional $5

Bad goy!
>>
>>64547338
TPM's hype was insane, no where near TFA. Millennials born post 1991 need not reply.
>>
File: 1451234273022.png (651KB, 1000x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1451234273022.png
651KB, 1000x1400px
>>64547338

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8oLtH3egpM

You tell me.
>>
>>64548898
>It was everything I hoped it was going to be and more
Mike gone fat but his teeth are much better now
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.