[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would one write a neo-noir film similar to Blade Runner without

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: bladerunner-still6-lg.jpg (151KB, 600x279px) Image search: [Google]
bladerunner-still6-lg.jpg
151KB, 600x279px
How would one write a neo-noir film similar to Blade Runner without blatantly ripping it off? I want it to feel like a Raymond Chandler pulp novel set in a dystopian world with the same atmosphere present in the movie. I know exactly how I would pull off the look of the film.

I've yet to come up with a plot though.
>>
File: kek3.jpg (50KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
kek3.jpg
50KB, 600x400px
>he expects replies for a good, on-topic thread
>>
>>64544204
Alright well why are you asking us how you would make it look if you just said you know how you'd make it look? First you ask about advice for visuals then the second half you want advice on the plot. Short your shit out mate
>>
>>64544204
Rip off one of Isaac Asimov's robots+detectives stories instead.

Or maybe Beneath A Steel Sky, that had a cool premise.
>>
>>64544204
Take 2 Chandler short stories and mash em together.
>>
>>64544204
DUDE BLADE RUNNER IS A MASTERPIECE NOTHING COMPARES TO IT LMAO
>>
isn't that the question of the fucking century

ive got bigelow, cameron, oshii, otomo, proyas, the wachoskis, nolan, niccol, and about a dozen other filmmakers (including ridley himself) in the waiting room here ready for whenever you figure it out
>>
>>64544204
>similar to
It will be shit.
If you want to create something you should not be inspired by art, or it will be shit.
>>
>>64544204
Remake Strange Days, Lawnmower Man, or Paycheck. Or adapt Neuromancer.
>>
>>64544204
Go back to Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?, but base your story on the freaky religious bits instead of the chasing replicants bits.
>>
>>64544204
That's beautiful CGI in your photo, OP. Is it one of the Star Wars films?
>>
>>64544726
But >>64544690 has already solved it.
>>
>>64544705
It unironically has GOAT art direction.
>>
>>64544747
>remake strange days

i want off this fucking ride

hey how about after that we remake k19: the widowmaker? fuck it let's remake her ENTIRE filmography just because most of it bombed, anything else we can do to try and sacrifice art for money?
>>
>>64544925
OP wants to make a derivative near future film though.
>>
>>64544204
Hey isn't Denis Villeneuve directing the Blade Runner sequel? T b h you're scraping the bottom of the barrel if you're asking 4chan, Denis.
>>
blade runner is too good
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.