[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
Is this the most unintentionally unlikable...
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 54
File: muhdragoons.jpg (474 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
muhdragoons.jpg
474 KB, 1920x1080
Is this the most unintentionally unlikable character in television history?
She's like reverse Walter White
>>
>>64542031

Those are some fuzzy arms my nig.
>>
Is there a good site to stream this series? I've always wanted to start. Thanks
>>
>>64542031

jesus christ, those hairy arms
>>
Uhhhh wut

I'm not sure how anyone could not like her. Waaaaahhhhhh she's freeing slaves and making people happy, I don't like her, mommy.
>>
>>64544380
I didn't mind her for the first couple books/seasons but her arc stagnates hard and she makes some stupid fucking decisions.

I agree that she is unintentionally unlikeable because i get the feeling like I'm supposed to root for her but i really couldnt care less whether she lives or dies
>>
>>64542064
HBO now gives you a free month trial
>>
>>64544380
Hello reddit!
>>
>>64544380
1/10. Shit troll

I give you a 1 because no doubt someone will get baited
>>
>>64542031
>Is this the most unintentionally unlikable character in television history?

Normies like her

>She's like reverse Walter White

Normies also disliked Walt in the final season
>>
>>64544441
Shes becoming a self insert for girls who watch the show. Everyone knows Brianne is the best girl tho
>>
>>64544441
Why? She's the only one that can stop the undead army from the north. You realize the series is called "A song of ice and fire" right? She is the central character and the only one that can save their entire world.
>>
>>64544476
Arya in Westeros was best girl.
Arya in Bravos is "no hard feelings kid" young adult fantasy tier
>>
>>64544510
Yeah but that was the planned story for "book three". We're still in "book one" and D&D are killing off characters for effect because they don't have to care anymore.
>>
File: 1422241813970.gif (2 MB, 199x200) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1422241813970.gif
2 MB, 199x200
>>64544530
>"no hard feelings kid"
>>
Is there a reason she doesn't bleach her eyebrows? Looks dumb as fuck.
>>
>Targaryans
>shows too cheap to make her have purple eyes
>>
>>64544510
Hence why i get the feeling I'm supposed to like her.
If L+R=J then Jon is the central character not Dany since he would embody both ice and fire. Also also anyone with dragons can defeat the Others, which could mean Euron or anyone else with the horn could do it

>She is the central character and the only one that can save their entire world
Even if this were true I couldn't care less. She's still unlikable and I haven't been emotionally invested in ASOIAF for over decade so dont give a fuck if the world's shit gets pushed in
>>
>>64544559
Pulls out katana
>>
>>64544796
It's like someone vaguely described this meme to you in a bar
>>
>>64544441
>her arc stagnates hard
Yeah, this is really my biggest problem. We've been going over this whole slave liberation crap for like 3 seasons now and nothing's really changed and the stakes haven't been raised. I mean they had to get her away from slave pit central and into a giant field just to keep her story interesting. How they can make a character like her boring is beyond me,
>>
>>64544953
Oh good. So you realized i was memeing. With your first reply I had thought it had gone over your head.

Well since you seem to have missed what I was referring to I'll spell it out: The tone of Arya's story in Bravos is cringeworthy due to how out of place it is with the rest of the series, it reads like a bad fanfiction, like some cretin tried to create a badass ninja assassin character without realising that it clashed with the overarching tone of the existing story. It feels shoehorned and ruined a previously strong and interesting character

Any better?
>>
>>64544998
I wonder if there's actually a point to all this. Like, for example, GRRM had no idea how to advance her plot in the intended way so he was like "hmm, maybe I'll make her liberate slaves and do other leftist stuff so when she invades Westeros she gets to face some neat moral related dilemma as I'll make her choose between doing good for the people like she's been doing for the last few books or advancing war efforts and thus sacrificing the people, all while I'm waiting for the right opportunity for her to set her ships sailing"

In other words maybe she was supposed to invade Westeros ages ago but there's so much shit going on in there because GRRM has made shit up as he wrote so she needs to stall it. So it's just boring shit until the time is right and ka-blam; magic ships outta nowhere and we're doing it and I get to have an excuse as to why she's been doing complete fuckall for so long
>>
>>64544632
because that's hard
>>
>>64544510
Are you saying that if someone is the central character of a story then they inherently cant be unlikable?

Because if not then I have no idea wtf your argument is
>>
>>64545182
But it's not out of character at all. She's been getting more bitter and revengeful as time has passed and from the first accidental kill she's turned into a cold blooded killer. It's only natural she'd want to go after Jagen and then join the mysterious assassin guild when she has no home or no living people to be with as far as she knows.
>>
>>64545182
Jesus fuck I was more right than I thought.

Lurk moar.
>>
File: 1420053874461.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1420053874461.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>>64544461
>3rd response
>"I predict someone will respond to this"
>>
If they actually cast a teenage girl like in the books /tv/ would waifu her in an instant
>>
>>64545306
Never said it was out of character.
I said it clashes with the tone of the story

>>64545309
Ah more ad hominem followed by a "Lurk moar". Hope you're enjoying school holidays kid
>>
Everyone went all apeshit at the beginning when nobody was seemingly safe and this was a "new achievement in narrative" or some shit, but it's fairly clear now that the whole thing is just a veiled sjw wankfest.
>>
she's not actually meant to be likable in the books, she's 14 and everyone lets her make tons of major decisions so obviously she's extremely naive and and her inner monologue frequently intercepts things incorrectly.
The show has injected all the strong wyman social shit that happens to be popular right now and tried to make her into a a wholly likable character, however they still do the main plot points that she had in the books, which relied on her been naive and an unskilled leader and political player.

The writers have sloppily tried to make what is supposed to be a mostly unlikable character into a strong independent wo(man) because thats what audiences today want to jerk themselves off over.
similar situation with them removing any nuance and complexity from Tyrion's character
>>
>>64542031
>shitty character
>even shittier actress
it pisses me off that these historical fictions almost always have a character which modern day ideals, BULLSHIT.
>>
>>64545678
How the fuck is that webm 3MB?
>>
>>64545940
what do you mean?
>>
>>64544530
>"no hard feelings kid"
lolworthy
>>
>>64545542
>more ad hominem

Jesus cunting christ, you are one of those "debate me" faggots on top of everything else. I'm not trying to engage in a formal argument with you, Im calling you out on being a newfag.
>>
File: 3.jpg (99 KB, 425x282) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
3.jpg
99 KB, 425x282
>>64545678
>historical fiction
>>
>>64546482
Pretty funny, it's normally the GRRMfags who think that the series has any resemblance to any period of history ever.
>>
>>64542031
I thought she was okay in the show up until Mereen and then it went south for her story, also i believe the Barristan reveal could of waited til then and his death delayed but they cant write for shit.
>>
>>64542031
I grew up on dungeons and dragons and all kinds of fantasy roleplay. Been avoiding GoT because from what I've heard it seems like a cheap and unimaginative rip off of all the old stories I've heard.

Am I missing out?
>>
>>64546613
Perhaps
>>
Watch as Daenerys Targaryen makes stupid decisions and get rewarded. Thats why I hate her. Tyrion presents logical argument, you fucked up here because you didnt make friends with the rich lords. Her reply "I will break muh wheel" .... Even in the books there is a scene where she is suppose to be helping the sick , but her inner monologue she knows she isnt going to get sick because of muh Targaryen genes making her selfless act pointless
>>
>>64546461
I can just about guarantee that I've been he longer than you (my guess is 2 years maybe 3?). But whatever kid, believe whatever you want to believe
>>
>>64544632
Because it looks hot
>>
>>64547432
9 year now for me.

Jesus fuck you got a meme wrong how hard is this for you to accept?
>>
She's a bad actor... but I assume if I rewatch the episode i'll find loads of bad acting
>>
>>64544632
THIS
THIS
THIS

this shit is bothering me from day 1. Same thing for cersei. They look fake as fuck this way, like some lazy shitty cosplayers. Is it too much of effort to bleach your eyebrows?
>>
>>64546656
The problem with Dany is she was raised by psycho brother, then she was influenced (enriched) by Dothraki "culture" - she has never had any proper counsel or some sort of a teacher except maybe Jorah. Barristan may be a great knight, but he is a great fucking fool who whitewashed every story he has ever told not to besmirch honour of her family She doesn't seem stupid, but she has no knowledge about anything except how to fuck and she is doomed to fail, unless D&D or George wouldn't pull off a serious Mary sue shit.
>>
>>64548571
Are you retarded? If you bleach your eyebrows / hair regularly you will ruin them.
>>
>>64545637
>removing any nuance and complexity from Tyrion's character

explain, i only started the books recently and i' don't see much difference from the tyrion of the show
>>
>>64548571
You do realize natural blondes have brown eyebrows too, right?
>>
>>64547432
You are a huge fucking faggot.

I'm truly amazed how you could say something like this and not realize you're a complete fucking dolt.
>>
i only like the political parts of asoiaf/got

everything that happens at king's landing is gold, the rest is cheap fantasy shit


give me more varys and littlefingers and less hurr durr dragons ice flame zombies christian magic

fuck magic always hated it
>>
>>64548704
If you're a rich movie star I'm certain you can pay to get eyebrow implants or something
>>
>>64548751
There isn't any real difference early in the series, but as you progress every character starts to diverge.The earliest example is his relationship with Shae - I too watched the show first and then read the books and it didn't make sense to me why would she refuse so much money, because she was a whore and if she truly loved him, why fuck his father in the end? In the book it is pretty logical - Shae is nothing more than a whore, there is no doubt she doesn't love Tyrion in the slightest - she is just a gold-digging whore who wants to wear nice clothes and live in a mansion - that's what she is trying to get by helping Cersei at the trial. It is no surprise she betrays Tyrion for personal gain. Tyrion then murders her and he becomes too fucking bitter / depressed and acts like an entitled fucking prick (there is a spoiler involved too).
>>
>>64544510
she was up untill the point georgy porgy realized his special snowflake dynasty would die out because he made her infertile and pulled a new targ out his ass (one that became way more likable) the show however doesn't do this
but hey LE WITTY IMP MAN is with her now , surely this will create new epik adventures

she's been written into a corner in both the books and the show and only some serious asspulling is going to get her out

The best way would be to skip forward in time but that isn't going to happen
>>
File: jon-snow.jpg (244 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
jon-snow.jpg
244 KB, 2048x1536
>>64544510
>You realize the series is called "A song of ice and fire" right? She is the central character and the only one that can save their entire world.

'ello
>>
>>64547432
HOW THICK CAN A PERSON BE
THE ISSUE IS THAT ITS FUCKING "NOTHING PERSONNEL KID"
NOT "NO HARD FEELINGS KID"
I THOUGHT YOU DID THIS INTENTIONALLY AND LOLED BUT WHY DID YOU HAVE TO RUIN IT AND EXPOSE YOURSELF AS RETARD

t. got mad while reading your faggy discussion
>>
>>64548927
Lucky you. I heard from D&D that the next season will have 7 episodes completely dedicated to a grand battle between skeletons and children throwing bombs.
>>
>>64549041
> implying Aegon is Targ and not Blackfyre
> implying Jon Snow will not have orgy with wildlings to celebrate his resurrection
>>
>>64548751
The first couple of seasons stay pretty true to the books wrt most things, including Tyrion.

But the whitewashing of his character begins as early as when he was the hand of the king, when for example in the books he had a singer killed and his body boiled into soup.

By now in the show his character is basically completely different. They've changed him into a shining misunderstood hero who has no flaws, whereas in the books he's kind of a jerk and during the first half of book five, actually a major asshole.
>>
>>64549128
>in the books he had a singer killed and his body boiled into soup.

Kek, that sounds Joffrey tier, why'd he do that?
>>
>>64549088
>>64548777
I'm glad at least one (or two?) other people still know what's up here. Good to know there are still posters who will call a fag a fag on /tv/
>>
>>64549041
If she's as brutal as her fore bearers maybe her character can be saved yet...

She did spend her time with a bunch of savage tribal horsemen as their Khaleesi, I would definitely approve if she started implenting some Genghis Khan style tactics to her city but I do not see that happening with her character.

Although she did feed one of the Oligarch to the dragons.. but that seems more like a pussy move that signifies weakness rather then strength IMO
>>
>>64542031
yeah she started out alright but as she started making fucktarded oh so riteous decisions, I really started to dislike the fuck out of her and kept hoping her shit would get kicked in at some point.
>>
>>64548660
that's part of the problem though , her whole life she's spent surrounded by violent shitheads her brother just kept going on and on about how they're better than everyone else and a peasant in a feudal society is basically a slave in anything but name
(though granted the feudal system isn't explained in depth in show or book) she spent her life being supported by rich people who most likely owned slaves or in the presence of horseniggers who sustain themselves on plunder
yet somehow she turned into what she is
>>
>>64549141
I think he had a proper reason to.. something about his lover maybe?

Did they ever bring in the scene where Tyrion goes full KEK when his father gives his whore women to the barracks of men?
>>
>>64549141
iirc he found out Tyrion was shagging Shae and attempted to blackmail him or something like that
>>
>>64549201
>the feudal system isn't explained in depth in show or book

Thought it was your average 15th century feudal shit? You still have lords who are losing power to the merchants and bankers(vide westeros not being able to pay its denbts to the Iron Bank) and knights who works for the local lord in hopes of being granted a piece of land and stuff.
>>
File: 1449666442893.jpg (59 KB, 919x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1449666442893.jpg
59 KB, 919x720
>>64549211
When Tyrion was thirteen, he and his brother Jaime rescued a common girl, Tysha, from some bandits, and thoughts of love quickly replaced those of priesthood. While Jaime went after the bandits Tyrion took care of Tysha. To his amazement Tysha liked him, and they eventually made love. Tyrion became so enamoured by her that he bribed a septon and married her in secret. Tysha would sing the Myrish song "The Seasons of My Love". Their happiness lasted only two weeks, however, before Tyrion’s father got news of the wedding. Lord Tywin commanded Jaime to say that Tysha was a prostitute whom Jaime had hired for Tyrion’s benefit. Because the “whore” had presumed to marry a Lannister, Tywin had his entire guard rape Tysha for a silver each and then made Tyrion go last for a gold coin, because a Lannister is worth more.[12]

c u c k
>>
>>64549211
i think so because i distinctly remember bronn saying "i'dd kill the man who did that to me" in response to the story

and the singer tried to blackmail tyrion to get to preform at the wedding when Tywin returned to king's landing. he knew about shae
>>
>>64549211
In the show version of the story, Tyrion only watches and isn't forced to go last after all the guardsmen. More whitewashing.
>>
>>64549298
It was really nothing at all like any feudal system ever. Fuck, feudalism as a world view isn't even in GoT AT ALL. It's all 20th century american values but with swords and shields.
>>
>>64549333
>go last for a gold coin, because a Lannister is worth more
Gotta admit that's pretty stylish.

How would Tyrion even get one up in that situation.
>>
>>64549163
stfu faggot
>>
>>64549489
Not falling for a whore again X years later, her being one of the reasons why he commits patricide
>>
>>64546038
sauce mate please.
>>
Daenerys had an interesting goal and character in the first three books, as soon as she settled into the slaving cities after capturing them it's like Martin doesn't even know what to do with her character anymore, he either needs to make Aegon the real deal to make her interesting again or do something else entirely.
>>
>>64549489
Well remember that this is a world without porn, and he's a 13 year old boy who has been watching a girl get gangbanged for the past hour.
>>
File: b55a071.jpg (8 KB, 316x202) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
b55a071.jpg
8 KB, 316x202
>>64549333
>tfw Jaime is actually pretty cool with Tyrion but circumstances keep forcing this bullshit

I just want Jaime and Tyrion to go out in the world having adventures, these niggas don't deserve this political bullshit
>>
>>64549535
Considering HBO didn't even bother to put Griff in I guess he isn't a real targ after all.
>>
>>64549333
And people defend this guy as anything but a" 50 Shades of Grey for boys" hack
>>
>>64549612

I can only imagine the feminist outcry if he was a real Targ.

>A character who female reads know and love who's goal was to invade Westeros from the start was cockblocked by a male from the same possible family who managed to did it better and faster

DO IT MARTIN! DO IT
>>
>>64549612
>>64549646
Aegon is obviously a Blackfyre.
>>
Book Dany was actually an interesting character. The problem is, for one, her supporting cast is more interesting than her, and after Astapor where she tricks the slavers to get the Unsullied, she does fucking nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing except crave Daario cock.
>>
>>64549535
If only she remained as the Khaleesi she would have had such an interesting character arc...

She'd end up a bit like the Mad King, due to the fact that she learned to rule as a Queen of horse nomadic tribal people who are infamous incredibly ruthless. I think then her quest to take these slave cities would be easy if we look at the historical narrative, it'd be ruthless combat and genocide... but her character seems kind of noble kind of.. mary sue
>>
>>64544463
Based normies are right.
>>
>>64549685
>Mary Sue
Jesus Christ, you people don't even know what that means.
>>
>>64549726
She's pretty sueish m8
>>
>>64545182
>>
>>64549201
I guess she ignored the most issues when she was young, but her brother had huge influence on her - she is still one of the most entitled fucks in ASOIAF. The first realization came when she saw the outcome of the battle, if you see someone getting raped for the first time, you don't need someone to tell you this shit is wrong - the real problem is she remained partially ignorant and became hypocrite in my eyes. She stopped the rape but had no problem when the maegi who helped her had to march with savages on foot and is suprised when she told her she wanted Khal dead. Since then it got only worse, I fucking hated when she let loose her army on everyone in Astapor and the slaves on Mereen - I'm pretty sure the slaves raped and stole while "freeing" the city, didn't have a single problem to take counsel from Shavepate and Daario, the most aggressive fucks and acted surprised when she found out half the city didn't love her. Also I loved how she couldn't comprehend why someone would want to fight for money in the pits and was disgusted by violence.
>>
File: doge.jpg (34 KB, 500x500) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
doge.jpg
34 KB, 500x500
>>64542031
>Is this the most unintentionally unlikable character in television history?

She's about the same in the books desu.

Yes somehow a lunatic, racemixing, teenaged girl with delusions of grandeur and an obsession with having her (thankfully deceased) mud-baby annihilating the 7 Kingdoms with an army of backwards savages has somehow still gained a significant fanbase.

Come to think of it she's the epitome of a leftist heroine.
>>
>>64549797
I think her character would be awesome if she ruled like tribal savages would rule... Just rekt the cities and leave them completely vacant, send people across the Narrow Sea telling of her conquest and to come join for a chance at riches and whatever... Queen Daenarys the rightful ruler is back.. she also has dragons..

That's the only way she can spread her empire across the Narrow Sea quickly, because there's no way in hell that you're going to get the people of these cities to fight for you, so just take them over and use them to launch your assault on Westeros.

so much potential:(
>>
>>64549797
>/pol/

Not even once
>>
File: 1448174160456.jpg (29 KB, 344x291) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1448174160456.jpg
29 KB, 344x291
>>64549927
shitposter
>>
>>64542031

Wasted Potential: The Character

also sums up most of the show
>>
>>64549999
Says the quads Koala
>>
File: 1448830815047.jpg (12 KB, 406x422) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1448830815047.jpg
12 KB, 406x422
>>64549927
>expresses a negative view of having a (white) civilized society being annihilated and subjegated to a horde of violent, rapist savages
>IT MUST BE /POL/, SURELY NO ONE ELSE COULD POSSIBLY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THIS

Yep confirmed liberal, fucking kill yourself.
>>
File: 1438870510122.png (149 KB, 268x265) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1438870510122.png
149 KB, 268x265
>>64550110
or confirmed German lol.
>>
>>64550110
>has to bring in their favourite RL right wing politics shitposting topics into every single fucking discussion, no matter what it is about
>not /pol/

Seriously you have a whole hugbox board for this stuff, can't you keep it contained?
>>
>>64550213
but anon it was pertinent to our discussion, you're to one who has derailed the thread because you're the loopy leftist that's getting mad over what boards someone visits.
>>
>>
>>64550285
You knew exactly what you were doing with that post. /pol/shit is just the same as dubs and baneposting as a surefire way to derail, but less amusing than both (which is the problem with it, no-one is offended here, just bored)
>>
>>64550327
"acting"
>>
File: 1451540681584.jpg (48 KB, 330x319) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451540681584.jpg
48 KB, 330x319
>>64549797
>race mixing

it always cracks me up when miserable neckbeards use this term

stay cucked, cream dream
>>
>>64550353
I didn't make that post anon but he was bringing legitimate discussion and all you've done is shitpost as evident by my epik quad koala post.

>>64549999
>>
>>64550327
some1 got the edit?
>>
>>64550327
we must send a drogon dragon dildo to Queen Daenarys...
>>
>>64545182
I agree with you on Arya's character being pointless, and this is why she hardly gets any screen time (well that and she isn't very cute anymore). GRRM should have had her killed instead of sending her off into obscurity. You just know he will have her assassinating the Cersei or Tommen or someonelse or all of them. He projects his young girl fantasies way too hard into his books, it is kind of disturbing at times. But HBO is meandering away from his plot, so now we might see Arya get killed off.
>>
File: 1443418513709.jpg (55 KB, 424x362) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1443418513709.jpg
55 KB, 424x362
>>64550383
lol you should move to Germany anon 1 million migrants just entered for you to shit up the gene pool with 8)
>>
>>64549560
You might like the Dunk & Egg stories/graphic novels if you haven't read them.
>>
>>64548571
It makes sense for Cersei to have them because she represents the prideful pretender, that is, her family thinks they are of the same stock as the Targs. Dany should have the pure blonde look: with pale skin, delicate blonde hair, blonde eyebrows, very little body hair and blue eyes. This would be more "poetic" and true to GRRM's vision. His Targs are suppose to embody the pure blood, elite race of the ASOIF universe. Whereas the Lannisters are pretending and trying to emulate the pure blood, elite ideals that the Targs brought over to Westeros. Giving them less than "pure" qualities displays this aspect of their family.
>>
>>64550763
Her eyes are supposed to be violet
>>
>>64550327

I don't watch the show, but really they couldn't use a wind machine at least?
>>
I don't get why Dragons are a big deal. All you have to do is fire some fucking ballista bolts at them and you're golden. Drogo was in pain because he got cut with regular swords.
Stupid fucking Dragons
>>
>>64550763
that's not how hair color works shithead
>>
>>64550873
They never stop growing so if you get a 200-300 year old Dragon you're gonna need a lot of fucking ballista's to kill that..

I guess they're also very powerful siege weapons, pretty much light the entire city on fire
>>
>>64550957
One shot to the throat and it's fucked. It'd have a hole in its neck so it couldn't breathe fire or breathe properly. People have killed dragons before in Westeros, so it's not impossible. I put it down to bad writing desu.
>>
>>64551004
I think you underestimate how hard it would be to hit a bolt of that size at a dragon...

You'd also need 360 degree coverage which makes you much more susceptible to a siege

Also they're magic!
>>
>>64545219
She is going through the whole freeing slaves thing to learn a lesson. She needs to realize that some battles can't be won quickly, even if you occupy and kill your enemy. She will leave slavers bay with a more realistic viewpoint, and she most likely won't take anyones shit in Westeros.

The ships won't appear out of nowhere. Victorian is going to show up just as she shows up on her Dragon with a horde of Darthraki behind her. The slavers armies will be surprised and fall apart, the ships will try to flee, Victorian will sink or capture them, and she will fly around on her dragon burning shit. In the end, she will have her ships and an army made up of sell swords, unics, dorthraki, and iron islanders. She will then sail for Westeros, but knowing GRRM, she will probably end up sacking more slaver cities and venturing more into his unexplored eastern world.
>>
File: got.jpg (516 KB, 900x900) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
got.jpg
516 KB, 900x900
Her main problem is that she doesnt do shit. She has people that do things for her instead, but unlike Cercei or Tywin who also have others do their work, she isnt even that charismatic or love to hate kind of character. She is just annoying and irritating, and her holier-than-thou i-m-always-in-the-right fuck-you-all attitude doesnt help.
>>
>>64550327
>Holy shit i'm flying
>Should i look around at the city from the air?
>Nah, i'll just keep staring straight into the neck of the dragon

The fuck
>>
>>64551172
She's BORING is what you're saying and I agree, she should be more wild and crazy like the mad Targaryan king but instead she could probably lead a European country with her ideology and politics tbqh.
>>
File: 20131219184127uid1.png (829 KB, 642x886) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
20131219184127uid1.png
829 KB, 642x886
>>64544648
>>
>>64551251
only thing sexier is eyes that are different colors.
>>
>>64551303
Heterochromia is am i kawaii desu tier
>>
File: pnPs60O_LWul[1].jpg (63 KB, 600x400) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
pnPs60O_LWul[1].jpg
63 KB, 600x400
>>64551326
>implying it isn't god tier
>>
>>64542055
those are some chubby arms my nig
>>
>>64551388
>not liking the mother of cakes
>>
>>64551303
The only thing sexier than fake, unnatural color are genetic mutations?

Degenerate pls go.
>>
>>64551397
>>64551388
>not wanting to plow that high test pussy

smdh
>>
>>64542031
Funny thing is, she was kind of likable when she was an incompetent nobody

Once she became a strong independent woman it exposed her shit acting
>>
>>64551238
dany's story is basically her origin story. she's starting to become more insane and we'll see her become mad king 2
>>
>>64551411
yes anon that's right

this specific genetic mutation is 10/10

>>64551487
I highly highly doubt that especially in the TV show, maybe not the books. She is going to be a PC princess.
>>
>>64551388
they should just recast her with someone less of a british hamplanet
>>
>>64551550
i wish she played rey.. or anyone attractive played Rey
>>
>>64551550
What the fuck, which autist made this?
>>
>>64551140
>she will have her ships and an army made up of sell swords, unics, dorthraki, and iron islanders
that sounds pretty great to me actually

all the dejected people of the world coming together to take over

literally the beta uprising
>>
>>64551571
Fuck off with SW, you have other threads where you can post this shit.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (2 MB, 5298x4762) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
latest[1].jpg
2 MB, 5298x4762
>>64551659
not really talking about Star WArs but how Daisy Ridley isn't even remotely attractive anon.

I wish Chloe played her.. or anyone else really.
>>
>>64550327
how can someone be paid so much and yet still be so fucking terrible at acting
>>
File: 1449691100722.jpg (3 MB, 1997x3000) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1449691100722.jpg
3 MB, 1997x3000
>>64551629
no idea but i've been laughing ever since i saw it for some reason
>they recast the mountain after chloe beat thor in unarmed combat
>>
>>64550812
Violet...blue, whatever. Violet actually pushes the pure blood point even more (violet>blue>green>brown).

>>64550912
WTF are you on about? My post had nothing to do with explaining how hair color works you fucking autist.
>>
>>64551654
Basically. And she has no reason to pity anyone on Westeros, so a slaughter should be upcoming.
>>
>>64551708
Why would you need a hot chick to play jedi? In my opinion she fit the role well. Also her face is quite attractive, the body is not high test enough for my tastes.
>>
>>64551708
I don't know, she looks pretty in that photo. Pretty in a plain way. She doesn't really have any striking features, though, except that canthal tilt.
>>
>>64551855
>Jon bearing down from the North
>Aegon from the South
>Dany from the sea
>Lannisters in KL with a fuckton of wildfire
I reckon they're all going to stop outside King's Landing and parley in the city, each one of them able to destroy the place if they wanted to. There will be some tense negotiations and one of them will end up king. Although Aegon won't be in the show, so perhaps he won't get that far in the books.
>>
File: olivia-wilde4[1].jpg (845 KB, 1920x1440) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
olivia-wilde4[1].jpg
845 KB, 1920x1440
>>64551862
Because the hero is always handsome, and if you really wanted strong females characters you'd pick an attractive female character as well for the hero.

>>64551876
That's pretty much one of her best photos and you say she's "pretty in a plain way."

I think with 6 billion people on the planet, actors can be both attractive and not "plain" in any sense of the word.

for example Olivia Wilde's, she has a better jaw line then most men but she's still incredibly attractive.
>>
File: zgnHRYb.jpg (458 KB, 2475x3600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
zgnHRYb.jpg
458 KB, 2475x3600
>>64552042
i wonder who they would have cast olivia as
>>
>>64552042
> if you really wanted strong females characters you'd pick an attractive female character
Is this bait? If it isn't then I pity you.
>>
>>64552090
The hero is always dashing, handsome or whatever, if you want a character as the typical hero without having gender as a barrier that's what the hero should be like. I dunno what features would help make a girl this character, but it's certainly not Daisy Ridley...

She is better then Jennifer Lawrence though.
>>
>>64544463
Everyone but edgy as fuck faglords hated walter
>>
>>64552149
> hero is always dashing, handsome
Maybe in fairy tales and Hollywood flicks, seriously grow up kid.
>>
>>64551659
>Fuck off with SW, you have other threads where you can post this shit
>coming from a Game of Plebs poster

The irony is sweet
>>
>>64552149
Maybe in fairy tales or Hollywood flicks, seriously grow up kid.
>>
she's 100% a self-insert for all 15-25 year old girls. But on the other hand she is a qt
>>
File: 7mfNdVX.jpg (73 KB, 296x570) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
7mfNdVX.jpg
73 KB, 296x570
>>64552273
I'm sorry aren't we talking about Hollywood flicks and fairy tales?
>>
>>64552149
Maybe in fairy tales or Hollywood flicks, seriously grow up kid.
>>
>>64551004
>One shot to the throat and it's fucked.
You do realize that a ballista is a siege weapon, right? It's fucking huge. There are no motors to actually aim the things, so to hit a moving target you'd have to somehow trick the target into getting right in front of it. I'm not sure how you think that's supposed to happen.
>>
>>64552316
she was alright in season 1 but she's starting to show her age
>>
>>64552273
Not that anon, but he's right; Star Wars is a classic hero's journey tale.
The hero should be attractive, strong, virtuous.
>Hollywood flick
What else would you call Star Wars?
>>
>>64542031

She looks almost identical to my ex

so for me, yeah
>>
>>64542064
>putlocker
>>
>>64552360
i dont think so. She's very specifically my type desu
>>
>>64552433
i see, you like them chubby
>>
>>64549527
Father Ted, one of my favorite comedies of all time.
>>
File: 1380531018982.gif (2 MB, 176x144) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1380531018982.gif
2 MB, 176x144
>>64552948
https://youtu.be/GFTgkibl7DU?t=30
>>
File: ZDar.jpg (133 KB, 658x370) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ZDar.jpg
133 KB, 658x370
>>64552042
dat chin
>>
File: Old Guy Nodding.gif (4 MB, 337x263) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Old Guy Nodding.gif
4 MB, 337x263
>>64553341
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zkL91LzCMc
>>
File: 1326311205866.jpg (13 KB, 252x240) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1326311205866.jpg
13 KB, 252x240
>>64553565
>the fucking lampshade
also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzYzVMcgWhg
>>
>>64552025
> There will be some tense negotiations and one of them will end up king.
ARE YOU A FUCKING RETARD? HAVE YOU NOT BEEN PAYING ATTENTION?

Nobody is going to care about who is king. Humanity is on the goddamn brink of extinction. The fucking "game of thrones" is wholly pointless and that's the point.

This story ends with our one surviving main character (only one survives, we don't know which, but smart money is on Tyrion) watching the sun set for the last time. Not the last time as in "and then he dies" but rather "and then the sun never rises again in his lifetime".

That's the ending.
>>
>>64544476
>>64544530
>GoT/ASoIaF waifu wars
This is true bliss. Let's add another layer though.
>>64542031
If I pulled off those dragons, would she die?
>>
File: 1446950527902.jpg (36 KB, 723x723) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1446950527902.jpg
36 KB, 723x723
>>64552270
>>
>>64552025
not a huge fan but I know enough to speculate some.

Jon probably has some sort of Targaryen blood from unknown mother.
Realizes the only way to finish peacefully is to restore the old bloodline.
Jon and Dany get married, restore the Targaryen bloodline and thus ends the song of ICE and FIRE.

Something like that. I don't know. Just speculating.
>>
>>64542031
...so I'm the only one here who actually likes her in the show?
>>
File: asdf.jpg (612 KB, 2332x2992) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
asdf.jpg
612 KB, 2332x2992
>>64554712
>Jon probably has some sort of Targaryen blood from unknown mother.
How do you not know the worst kept secret
>>
>>64554313
You have to be retarded if you think thats the ending. I imagine they'll somehow get behind Jon and then the continent will have the final face off against the Others. The dragons are the biggest Chekov's Gun ever. Isn't it just so convenient that the one thing that kills the Others is the one thing that came back from extinction at the same time that they did?
>>
>>64542031
REMINDER

>decided to say fuck it and hang out on Essos
>pissed off fucking everyone, including the slaves she freed
>crashed the economy of an entire continent
>shit ruling in Meereen
>sent away the one person keeping her alive and her retardation in check
>knew the entire continent was marching on her city but still just hung out, shitting up her queenship
>so incompetent she can't control her dragons
>turns down Quentyn, a valuable ally, because he's not pretty :^)
>attracted to some faggot sellsword who will probably assassinate her
God I hate her so much. Not one thing done right. I hope she never lives long enough to even look at the Iron Throne, let alone sit it. If she doesn't die in TWOW, I'll kill her myself. Must be nice having such thick plot armor being the waifu of your creator and all.
>>
>>64554780
because I really only follow the show/books casually, not a huge fan of the style or the storytelling I just wanted to put my two cents in.
>>
>>64554854
I'm pretty sure she's going down, if not dead then losing all power. Her arrogance and hubris will keep bringing her to more disaster, f a m i l y.

Nobody will sit on the iron throne when it's all over. There will be no iron throne.
>>
yeah
>>
>>64548571
tbqf my hair is white but my beard is red
>>
>>64555588
I'm blonde and my eyebrows are brown.
I have never seen blonde eyebrows unless we're talking albino. Blonde eyebrows look so weird.
>>
>>64554797
If you really think that this series will end with a big climactic battle and somebody getting a medal I don't know what to tell you bro.

This is not the story of how the hero defeats the Others. This is a story of how the Others take over the fucking world because the humans are too busy being fuckwits to stop it. Read some of GRRM's other fiction; that's his jam.

But more to the point, it IS a story about the Heroes who will defeat the others, specifically it's a story about how those Heroes are born. A Song of Ice and Fire is about the birth of Daenery's three children by her three husbands, Drogo, a Greyjoy (uncertain which, probably Victarion) and Jon Snow. None of her husbands will survive to the end of the novels, and she herself will likely die in the last chapter after giving birth to her third son.

>The dragons are the biggest Chekov's Gun ever.

The dragons are likely scattered across the world at the end, none of them in the hands of anyone who will able or willing to use them against the Others.
>>
>>64552363
>>64552339
Game of Thrones is not traditional fairy tale. SW is Hollywood flick, but it aspires to be more - hence the diversity. Also I don't understand why I am arguing with you since Rey is attractive for most of the population.

> The hero should be attractive, strong, virtuous
I don't understand where you get this shit, are you stuck in romantic era?
>>
>>64555814
>are you stuck in romantic era?
I MEAN COME ON IT'S 2016 AND YOU DON'T WANT PROTAGONISTS WITH PSORIASIS?
>>
>>64555858
Why does everyone need to exaggerate?
>>
>>64556069
anon started it by saying wanting attractive protagonists belongs in the romantic era..

what a faggot
>>
File: 1434337924858.jpg (71 KB, 608x605) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1434337924858.jpg
71 KB, 608x605
>this thread
>dany haters
>>
>>64556135
Well, it sorta does. Have you ever read any medieval or 19th century english literature? everybody is ugly and hunchbacked and shit. that was normal.
>>
>>64556190
you actually just made the statement "wanting attractive protagonists belongs in the romantic era."

go watch the new ghost busters then you fucking c u c k
>>
>>64556135
The romatic era was mean for strong, virtuous and attractive - not only pretty. Why are you so obsessed with how attractive the protagonist is? I would prefer the actor / actress that fits the role, that is the logical choice. Also beauty is subjective, for me Rey is solid 8/10.
>>
>>64555814
I'd expect an attractive, strong, virtuous hero in what is an archetypical monomyth, yes. Which is what the OT SW was. I don't know where they're going with the new movies, but don't really have a problem with the casting of Rey.
>>
>>64556253
Are you telling me you watch only movies with attractive heroes? So if the movie is great but the main chick is not 10/10 you won't watch it?
>>
>>64556385
If you could name some unattractive heroes that'd be cool

I got one, Rey, your turn.
>>
she's an insufferable idiot. Ever since she decided not to march on Westeros I knew shit was only starting to go downhill. I do understand why she would keep doing mistakes given the fact she's fucking fifteen but holy crap.

>westeros? nah I'll stay here MUH PEOPLE NEED ME
>proceeds to anger the fuck out of every single city in a 1000 miles radius from her because she can't into diplomacy
>madly in love with a psycho fuck who would murder her on the spot if he decided it was worth the risk
>her people actually don't like her that much and given the fact she doesn't know how to deal with the old aristocrats they start getting killed left and right by the angry destituted guys
>cages her own dragons in fear of them killing but it doesn't even matter because a fat fuck from dorne manages to set them free anyway

fuck Dany
>>
File: 1429590123287 (1).jpg (51 KB, 600x338) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1429590123287 (1).jpg
51 KB, 600x338
>>64542031

> mfw I like the Danny and Brienne chapters in ASOIAF but hate their fucking guts in the show

Great job D&D! But I'm sure some tumblr whales are happy. Oh wait! They're never happy!
>>
>>64556417
Rooney Mara
most Coen brothers movies had not attractive cast
>>
File: 1315115823011.jpg (62 KB, 300x260) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1315115823011.jpg
62 KB, 300x260
>>64556438
I really enjoyed Brienne's chapters, including those in Feast, but I just have to pretend Brienne isn't even in the show.

Which she really isn't since she's been replaced by some man-hating she-terminator by the same name.
>>
>>64549333

And instead of him crying about that in his cell we got "STHMATH DUH BEETULZ!" So much for character development.
>>
>>64556548
true that chick is fucken hideous
>>
>>64556548
Also Emily Blunt, Hilary Swank.
>>
why WHY did she have to get fat she was so cute and hot
>>
>>64549223
>>64549211
The singer was singing a song about his lover that would have brought unneeded attention to her existence.

He wasn't fucking her.
>>
>>64556551
I would understand the man-hating - most men were dicks around her (at least in the books), but it was retarded that she found Stark girls and Stannis so fast.
>>
>>64556763
brienne's plotline in AFFC was actually interesting

it showed you the effects of the war on regular people, did some world building, and developed brienne's character. she was still quite naive and had never killed a man up till the end of that storyline.
>>
>>64556551

My theory is Stannis is still alive because of that cunt. She's always right, she always wins the fight, and always gets the last word. Stannis goy the last word, so he's not dead yet, Brienne still has to say some smug shit. At least we won't see her talking shit to Randyll Tarly.
>>
>>64556866
he's dead in the show, martin confirmed it in his post about winds of winter.
>>
>>64556865
>>64556551
>liking Brienne's chapter
Oh shit. They were the worst part of Feast of Crows.... no tension as we knew where Sansa was. Also, only 1-2 good parts: fighting the Goat's men and getting chewed up. The rest was boring walking around and talking to random people...
>>
>>64557020
her meeting with Randyll was pretty cool.
>>
>>64555767
I've got blonde eyebrows and I agree. My face looks like I don't have any eyebrows at all
>>
>>64556355
I guess the new Star Wars won't be an archetypical monomyth, we have 2 potentially 3 major characters already and if you have Oscar Isaac you will eventually use him for more than just flying around.

To be honest I expect the hero to have virtues but when it comes to looks I am satified if the protagonist fits the environment, e.g. I would not be happy if 18th century girl from Ireland would be black or if Luther King was played by Jackie Chan.
>>
>>64554978

His DAD is Targaryen. His mother is Eddard's sister.

Probably.
>>
>>64549141
Because hands of gold are always cold.
>>
>>64556668
Who is fat?
>>
>>64545219

I feel like the best thing that could happen to make her interesting is for her to learn something from her shit-induced hallucinations on the Dothraki Sea; namely, that she's a Targaryen meant to conquer and destroy with an iron fist, not a bleeding-heart orphan-cuddling pacifist.

Which, hopefully, will result in her riding back to Meereen with a Dothraki army, immediately lopping the heads off of all the people the Shavepate advised her to, then sailing off to Westeros.
>>
>the war with the others wipes out both jon and danny leaving only sansa and her vast amounts of stolen/inherited littlefinger shekels standing on top of the food chain. all your other favourite characters are long dead

how would you feel if this is how the series ends?
>>
>People think Dany and Jon will get married

lmao
>>
Did they include the bit in the show how slaves from the cities she "freed" where now taking the ruling classes as their own slaves?
>>
>>64557455
I would be fine with this.
>>
>>64554514
it would be extremely painful
>>
>>64557600
I like how Dany thought slaves were peaceful, non-violent people when she knew the conditions in Astapor.
>>
>>64556564
but he still tells this story to bronn and shae.
>>
>>64546613
Some of the characters are interesting, and there are interesting storylines sprinkled throughout, but the plot doesn't really go anywhere after a certain point. Aside from "Hardhome", season 5 was balls. The fact that they don't have much in the way of source material to work from here on out, I worry for season 6 and beyond. Although, considering books 4 and 5 were pretty terrible, it might not necessarily be a bad thing.

Season 1=great
Season 2=ok, bordering on meh
Season 3=pretty good
Season 4=great
Season 5=dogshit (aside from Hardhome)
>>
>>64556865
>world building
Exactly the current problem. He needs to actually progress the STORY ffs. Its like he started out wanting to make the LOTR and ended up trying to make The West Wing halfway through
>>
>Targaryens should be played by albinos

Y/N?
>>
>>64559012
This. GRRM seems to have been more interested in describing the world than telling a compelling story in recent years.
>>
>>64552042

Chin
[----------------------------[]]
>>
File: 1440982280765.jpg (593 KB, 2500x1500) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1440982280765.jpg
593 KB, 2500x1500
>>64559012

A shitty LotR
>>
>>64559066
I'd let her play my targaryens
>>
Next season on Game Of Thrones. Daenerys will briefly be captured by the Dothraki. Then somehow they will join her. If this happens I will be mad.
>>
she is very likeable

/tv/ and the people in the forums that E&L pander to are the only ones who claim she is unlikeable


aka the poor pathetic stannis-fags
>>
>>64559404
dafuq is this
>>
>>64559456
They weren't there to capture her. They were there because "the dothraki follow power"
>>
File: zozzle.jpg (15 KB, 206x191) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
zozzle.jpg
15 KB, 206x191
>>64559404
>the land that's too cold
>>
File: 1426107933821.gif (885 KB, 280x216) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1426107933821.gif
885 KB, 280x216
>>64559456
GRRM has already stated publicly that the dothraki are back in a big way in TWOW

if it isnt consistent with this, i will be disappoint
>>
>>64559465

What is their to like about her? She refuses to listen to all of the smarter people around her and has literally ruined or destroyed every single city, group, and person she has come across.
>>
She's a really bad actress - you need just the right girl to pull off the "teenage angst learn on the job queen" and they botched the casting.


She isn't likable in the slightest, she comes off as totally pretentious and dull.
>>
>>64559533

His original intention was for Dandan to actually successfully bring her horse army to Westeros. I'm guessing that literally the only reason she flew off and shit herself at the end of ADwD is so she can return to Meereen with a fuck huge army to kill the invaders just when everythign seems lost for Barristan.
>>
>>64559545
none of those flaws make her unlikeable

cersei is a raging cunt and you love her character
>>
>>64559609

Too bad that ideas out because the show is the only canon now and Barristan is dead.
>>
>>64559624
just interchange barry with tyrion and all is intact
>>
>>64559624

In the show it'll be Tyrion instead of Barristan
>>
>>64559621

I don't like her either. Fucking Selmy is about the only character in the whole thing that I like.
>>
File: 1438104432926.png (269 KB, 640x480) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1438104432926.png
269 KB, 640x480
>>64559658

>Replace the greatest swordsman and one of the best tacticians of all time with meme dwarf

This is why I hate this show.
>>
>>64559621
>love her character

aren't you meant to hate her? pretty sure she's meant to be despised by everyone else, but since we see the narrative from her point of view you don't see how much everyone hates her

Cersei's character is leaps and bounds better then Danny though
>>
I really can't see why anyone wouldn't like her and I am a privileged CIS scum. She is my favorite character. She is basically the only one left with any morals or honor now that Jon Snow and Ned Stark are dead.
>>
>>64552270
>NOT rooting for a murdering drug dealer is edgy
>>
>>64559624
Wrecked
>>
>>64559724
yeah, there's no such character as a guy named Davos, right?

Fucking retard
>>
>>64559621

She's unlikeable because she keeps winning even though she has quite a naiive, simplistic child's view of the world. If it wasn't for plot armor/huge amounts of luck, Dany would have died by now.

That said, she'd still probably be the best queen for Westeros if she doesn't go insane.
>>
>>64559752
>typing out wrecked as an actual word

all is lost senpaitachi, its over /tv/ is dead
>>
>>64559724
>lives with tribal horsemen savages
>some how has ethics and morals better then most people today

fucking snooze fest how she has these experiences and not only does she not learn from them, she seems to go in the other direction only becoming nicer..

her characters needs some edge like Cersei if she ever wants to have an empire, but tbqh this show is really fucking bad, and the source material is bad as well.
>>
>>64559788

She is already insane. Viserys was the normal one and Dany is the one who has the madness.
>>
File: 1450858008184.jpg (10 KB, 250x250) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1450858008184.jpg
10 KB, 250x250
>>64559847
You're joking right anon? No one can be that dumb
>>
>>64559797
>being this new
Rekt is old news
>>
>>64559609
Meereen will probably just be a fucking warzone in WoW.

>Volantese coming up to join the siege
>Victarion leading his ships the Meereen with the intent to down as many ships as necessary to get access to the city
>Tyrion/Jorah working on converting the Second Sons
>the two Dornish guys are looking to infiltrate the Yunkai camp to set Daario and friends free

It's actually set up pretty decently. But undoubtedly half the book will be Dany having to heal up, now that she has the bloody flux, with the Dothraki and some shit about learning to tame her dragons.
>>
>>64559847
They're both insane and so is Young Griff
Targ fucking shits need to die
>>
>>64559924
isn't Daario dead at this point? I'm sure the last Barristan's chapter hinted at it.
>>
>>64559797
>he's not memeing like my underage internet "friends"! MOOOOM!!!
>>
>>64559970
He's following Victarion to Meereen
>>
>>64559885

She's shown plenty of times that she has the madness.
>>
File: 1448622629891.png (4 KB, 287x175) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1448622629891.png
4 KB, 287x175
>>64560000
>>
>>64560000
Don't you start that shit nigger
>>
>>64559943

>implying Griff is a Targ
>>
>>64560029
>>64560045

The Quads confirm it though.
>>
>>64560063
Blackfyres are Targs under a different name
>>
>>64560130

There's three Targs left and he isn't one of them.
>>
>>64557455
This is pretty close to what I predict.
>>
>>64542031
she was only decent when Khal Drogo was in the same scenes, then she went muh powerful woman and it's overused and boring now.
>>
>>64559706
Except meme dwarf dominated Blackwater Bay
>>
>>64559465
>Emilia Clarke, an accomplished stage actress who has been called an "actress' actress"
>>
>>64551397
shooped
>>
File: 1447733828367.jpg (102 KB, 780x780) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1447733828367.jpg
102 KB, 780x780
>2016
>liking Kelly C
>>
>>64546482
u know that a most of events he took from roose wars?
>>
>>64549163
Lulz you all called someone a fag, ur my hero lulz kek.

You are the biggest faggot on this thread, autismo joe.
>>
Know what pissed me off the most about GoT? How everyone is Ser instead of Sir. Literally wtf.
>>
>>64560529

It's not fantasy unless you arbitrarily make shit up.
>>
>>64560235
Would have lost if it wasn't for daddy m8

>>64560234
>muh powerful woman
Fuck, her "regal" voice is annoying. She sound slike she's doing panto.
>>
>>64560567
lol let's read some RedWAll for some good pages about food and feasts

and also some songs and poems because as you say you gotta make some shit up to keep the narrative fluffed out with arbitrary world building
>>
>>64560592
MU-THAH... OF DRA-GONS
>>
>>64560529
>>64560567
Read a history book, kids.
>>
showfag here. can some kind bookfag spoil me on some key points that are going to unfold in the next season?
>>
>>64560721
no anon the show is it's own beast now

i wouldn't be surprised if they literally don't even care about the book narrative now, they're gonna make their own story and tell it.
>>
Jesus Christ I've just read that they're bringing Shae back in S6.
>>
>>64544441
No shit she stagnates. Her singular purpose is to come across the sea to Westeros at the 11th hour to unite with the fucking heir,John Snow don't pretend like you don't know asshole and use her dragons to wreck some ice dick. When GRrrrrrrmm decided to expand the books it fucked up the arc he'd set up, and little miss Mother of Dragons needed to fuck around in the same damn spot.
>>
>>64560567
>soft covers
>still has sleeve on the hard cover
>>
File: bolognese.png (359 KB, 440x461) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
bolognese.png
359 KB, 440x461
>>64560634
BO-LO SAN-TO-SEE
>>
>>64544380
being good doesn't mean being likable

you are from reddit so you must have been told by feminists that being a nice guy won't get you pussy, it is essentially the same thing
>>
>>64560795
Apparently Tyrion hallucinates her while he's starving during a famine in Meereen
>>
>>64560567
I've never read books before. How long would it take to read one of these?
>>
>>64560721

CLEGANEBOWL

GET HYP
>>
>>64560855
it depends? A week, a month, a year? How are we supposed to know? It depends on whether or not you're liking it and of course on how fast you generally are at reading. It took me one or two weeks or so for each of them
>>
>>64559404

Wow my fantasy story has only the Dwarves that live in mountains but that's just because Dwarves in mountains are fucking great.
>>
>>64560721
Melisandre resurrects Jon (Who is the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna, and is the true Warrior of Light, not Stannis) using the kingsblood magic she got from burning Shireen
Cleganebowl confirmed
Daario Naharis is in fact Euron Greyjoy, one of Theon's uncles.
The Three-Eyed Crow is working for the White Walkers
>>
>>64560957
I mean in terms of actual time reading. Wtf else would I mean? Fucking bookfags are weird.
>>
>>64560883

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mmx68VmTEo&feature=youtu.be&t
>>
>>64560855
It depends how fast you read..

If you read at an average on 200 words per minute it should take about 25 hours according to my calculations.

200x60=12000

300,000 (got book1)/1200 = 25 hours
>>
>>64560855

It takes about 40 minutes for me, but I do have an IQ of over 300.
>>
>>64561013

Every reads at a different pace, it's not like a movie.
>>
She's hot so that compensates I guess
>>
File: 1437981901873.png (307 KB, 798x833) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1437981901873.png
307 KB, 798x833
>>64561013
no shit? Are you fucking stupid? For some people it takes barely a week while for some other people it takes months. Depends on how many hours a day you read, how fast you read, how involved you are in the book, if you're able to pick up details even at a fast pace etc.
>>
>>64561013
I've got the audiobooks, and Game of Thrones clocks in at 34 hours and it's the shortest of the books. GRRM is not a very tight writer. There's a lot of superfluous detail in every book(and that detail increases dramatically in later books). It can be tedious.
>>
>>64556931
> implying he isn't fucking with us
> implying Brienne, Pod and Stannis won't become best buddies and save the realm
>>
>>64561146

He's literally one of the worst writers ever. You could remove half to two thirds of each book and lose nothing.
>>
>>64561118
SO YOU ARE SAYING AT MINIMUM 168 HOURS OF NON STOP READING TO FINISH ONE BOOK??
>>
File: BADPUSSYDABID.png (107 KB, 847x637) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
BADPUSSYDABID.png
107 KB, 847x637
>>64559609
did you read the teaser chapter for TWoW?

Barristan wins the battle because the army from the iron isles joins their side for reasons unknown as of yet. supposedly the guy with the horn is going to try to court Dany or at least thats what been implied
>>
>>64561194
precisely. You also have to read it backwards
>>
>>64560973
Isn't the three-eyed crow Bloodraven, and dead? I thought he was just using the heart trees as some kind of elemental magic in Westeros, separate from the ice/fire duelism
>>
>>64561182
>>64561146
This is exactly why I don't read any books. I don't need you to spend an entire page describing how the wind is blowing.
>>
>>64561194
lol reading at average speed of 200wpm it should take 147.5 hours to finish ALL the books.. unless my maths is seriously retarded
>>
>>64561251
Pretty sure Bran is going to take the place of tree guy.
>>
>>64561252
That's not a fault on the books, just your distaste for setting the mood and basic immersion.

However GRRM fucking goes way over the top describing everything people eat in excruciating detail, every fucking meal, all the goddamned time. But each writer has their focus I guess and unfortunately GRRM is your typical fat guy.
>>
>>64561252

>I don't read any books

This is what's wrong with kids these days. Just read GOOD books.
>>
>>64561344
He all ready did
>>
>>64561253
anon he's shitposting
>>
File: tank suppressor.jpg (95 KB, 740x475) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
tank suppressor.jpg
95 KB, 740x475
>>64561182
the same thing can be said about tolkien and he basically IS modern western fantasy. excessive detail helps with world building
>>
>>64561417
still interesting if anyone else here is willing to spend 150 hours reading some books

especially when most of u fags probably have 150 hours + watching your fav TV series or playing a certain video game.
>>
File: 1346644595125.jpg (25 KB, 607x480) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1346644595125.jpg
25 KB, 607x480
>>64561450
The difference, at least in my opinion, is that Tolkien's descriptions in the text feel poetic and appropriate for the faux-translated epic and are reminiscent of other epics. Most of the non-relevant description(and indeed most of all description in general) is in his appendix or outside works.

GRRM is just excessive and badly in need of an editor. I'd love to read an abridged version of the mess his SoIaF has turned into.
>>
>>64559012
tbqh after the break neck pace of storm of swords something slower was needed. Granted if affc was released 2 years later instead of 5 the slower pace would have been a bit more acceptable.
>>
desu not even sure if I'm bothering with s6 after those last 2 episodes
>>
>>64562582
yea i'll be going back rather then forward to be honest

might re watch the first two seasons and see if it still holds up
Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 54
Thread DB ID: 394244



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.