[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /tv/ opinion on this series? I have been watching

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

What's /tv/ opinion on this series? I have been watching it for the past hours. Why is there so much treason in that? I think it was bad thing that the main guy got a Christian woman, Alfred's wife is god damn annoying with her anti-Pagan attitude. I was hoping her child would die in the last episode that I watched.
>>
>>64541739
They try to shove way too much into each episode. Time flies like crazy. It could've been good but they botched it.
>>
It's competent enough on a technical level, and the budget seems okay, but there is hardly a single character who is likable in this show. I guess Uhtreds Christian wife was likable, but even she gets shit on eventually, becuse apparently everyone must backstab and shit on everyone in this show.
>>
>>64541918
I guess you really can't trust anyone whether you are a Pagan or Christian
>>
>>64541958
I guess so. I suppose, on my end, I'm just a bit tired of a lot of modern televisions need in drama to make most, if not all of their characters douchebags on some level. Maybe they're trying to go for some bullshit "realism" thing, because people can be cunts in real life, but after a while it just becomes a chore to watch to me.

I found the lead for The Bastard Executioner more likable than this one, though that show was more poorly made in my opinion.
>>
it's literally reddit

>stupid angry man does stupid angry things and kills people
>le magical sky man tells me to kill you
>plucky woman with hugbox approach becomes tragically victimized
>vegetarian diets

the less said about it the better
>>
The books are wayyy better. Book Uhtred is actually likeable unlike the series version.
>>
File: nekid.jpg (70KB, 1694x950px) Image search: [Google]
nekid.jpg
70KB, 1694x950px
why is this allowed?
>>
>>64541739
it had the potential to be okay but wasn't

read the books and you'll be shaking your head at the retard edits they pulled.
>>
File: forgiven for you treason.jpg (58KB, 1694x950px) Image search: [Google]
forgiven for you treason.jpg
58KB, 1694x950px
so it's treason then?
>>
>>64542263
because it's fucking hot and you can bust a nut to it!
>>
>>64541739
It started off ok but it ended up being shit and the only likeable Character is Alfred the Great while the MC is a bitching whinelord Mary Sue.
>>
Is there a second season planned?
>>
>>64542567
That moment was pretty much the only good thing about the first season. That sack of shit got what he deserved.
>>
>>64543028
Yes.
>>
>>64542647
Leofric was likeable. Beocca too. Ubba and Ragnar I liked.
>>
Uhtred "A trick over Leofric"
Uhtred "I snitch for a pagan bitch"
Uhtred "Hos before Bros"
>>
Is there any POC in this production?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.