[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Original > Dawn > Escape > Beneath = Rise > Remake

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (338KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
338KB, 533x800px
Original > Dawn > Escape > Beneath = Rise > Remake > Conquest >>>> Battle

This can't be disputed.
>>
Escape was so damn comfy
>>
>Watch Dawn once
The best blockbuster of the year, I love it.
>See it again a week later
Completely bored by the experience and have zero desire to ever see it again in my life.

I don't even know what my opinion of it is anymore. I sure as hell don't want to ever look at it again.
>>
>>64535355
The opening sequence when the title appears and the theme gets all funky, that's when I knew it was gonna be a delight.

>Grape Plus
>>
>>64535399
I felt the same way about Rise. It's good once but after that it's almost too bland to care about.

Dawn has more to it for me, but I can see where you're coming from.
>>
>>64535403
Based grape juice plus.

Then the last half is sad af. But still so good. What a ride.
>>
>>64535574
It makes me laugh to think about how Zira was gulping that shit down and she was pregnant with Caesar.
>>
>>64535124
I can't believe someone out there actually watched all the planet of the apes movies.
>>
>>64535442
I remember liking Rise a lot the first time, but I watched it again and everything outside of Caeser's plotline is awful. All the human characters are bad. James Franco sleepwalks through the movie, his love interest is the most pointless character I can think of in a movie, Draco Malfoy is a badly acted ridiculous cartoon character. All the stuff with the virus spreading is contrived to the point that it's funny.
>>
>>64535627
If you watch them in release order it becomes infinitely easier.
>>
>>64535666
Fucking exactly.
It works only because every human character is enormously retarded.
You're maybe too engaged with Caesar the first time around, but the second time you can't ignore it.

Dawn gets better distinction by being "Battle but not completely horrible"
>>
1. Original
2. Conquest (Director's Cut)
3. Beneath
4. Escape
5. Dawn
6. Rise
7. Live action TV show
8. Opening sequence of the animated series
9. Battle
10. Actual animated series
11. Burton's Blunder
>>
File: devil.jpg (300KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
devil.jpg
300KB, 1600x1200px
>>64535666
Based on these trips, I think we all know who posted this.
>>
>>64536343
>Battle
>above Burton
>>
>>64536515
Battle is also shit, but it actually has some charm when put alongside that soulless atrocity that Burton put out.
>>
>>64536581
>soulless
It has Giamatti. That places it far, far, above Battle.
Praise Semos.
>>
>>64536605
Jack and Jill had Al Pacino. Your argument is irrelevant.
>>
File: 1407802317482.jpg (8KB, 250x158px) Image search: [Google]
1407802317482.jpg
8KB, 250x158px
>That scene in Dawn where Caesar finds footage of him and James Franco from before he became super intelligent
>>
>>64536736
Fine then.
Here's the good about Battle.
>the deleted Mutant scenes that were placed back into the extended cut
>the Lawgiver framing device
>Caesar losing his shit

The good about Burton
>decidedly original story not paying too much tribute
>really great make up effects
>really just the art design in general
>harkens back to the original's blunt social commentary with humor
>Semos
>>
So... will the 3rd one take place while Caesar is still alive or long in the future when the astronauts return to earth?
>>
>>64535124
Escape is easily the best one.
>>
>>64535124
Remake had the most fuckable girl apes.
>>
>>64538088
The third one is called War and will be about Caesar again too. And maybe his downfall. I can see them going back to Deihn's notes for the original movies.

The fourth most likely, if they do one, will be the astronauts.
>>
Agreed. I really did enjoy Rise though. I cant wait for War in 2017.
>>
>>64538088
Ive read that people have descriping the sceipt as similar to Full Metal Jacket but with Apes
>>
>>64535627
Fuck you they're enjoyable af
>>
File: Revving.jpg (448KB, 1436x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Revving.jpg
448KB, 1436x2048px
>>64535124
>"Happy birthday, Kate! I found this really cool poster of you online."
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.