[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The development team hoped that Lucas would give Vader’s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: GeorgeLucas.JPG.jpg (59KB, 709x913px) Image search: [Google]
GeorgeLucas.JPG.jpg
59KB, 709x913px
>The development team hoped that Lucas would give Vader’s apprentice a Darth moniker, which at the time, was something that didn’t happen often.

>“The team threw a Hail Mary to George, saying the game would have more credibility if the apprentice had a ‘Darth’ title,” a Force Unleashed team member says. Lucas agreed that this situation made sense for Sith royalty, and offered up two Darth titles for the team to choose from. “He threw out ‘Darth Icky’ and ‘Darth Insanius.’ There was a pregnant pause in the room after that. People waiting for George to say ‘just kidding,’ but it never comes, and he just moved on to another point.”
For TFU video game series main character name, do you guys really think he would've done TFA any better and wasn't just upset and called them white slavers because they thought his ideas were a joke?
>>
>>64531772
>cucked out of his own franchise
That's what happens when you become a race traitor.
>>
>>64531772

>do you guys really think he would've done TFA any better

not really but it's currently cool to express that opinion

so yes
>>
>>64531772

George Lucas is a literal manchild that stole the ideas of others and became a billionaire because of it.
>>
MEME THREAD
>>
>>64531932
TELL THAT TO KANJIKLUB REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>64531772
He didn't want to make sequels, the same way he didn't really want to make prequels. He did it just to sell toys and video games. If you're not gonna give a shit about your franchise, you might as well let a soulless corporation do the job. They can at least hire people who will care.

Ep VII by Lucas would have been fucking awful.
>>
>>64532153
But that's not wrong, in fact he had a whole trilogy of trilogies planned out, it's just that when prequels flopped hard and the fanbase turned on him he lost the motivation to make them so he sold the rights
>>
>>64532526
*not true lel
>>
>>64532526
rofl. He wanted creative control before signing off to his "old" friends. They said no during the deals and he accepted the money. He could've just pushed it and they would've accepted.
>>
>>64532153
>Didn't want to make prequels
>Started movies with Episode IV

That makes sense anon.
>>
>>64532802
Technically he started with Star Wars. The Episode IV thing only started when ESB and RotJ got the green light
>>
>Jar Jar is the key to all of this
>Jar Jar is not in the movie
Wow, Abrams sure fucked up.
>>
>>64532526
Lucas didn't want to direct the prequels. But none of his friends wanted to touch it.
>>
>"Darth Icky"
Either he was joking or he had a very vast misunderstanding of who the target audience of TFU was.
>>
>>64532802
Google "in media res".
>>
>>64531791
That's what happens when you deal with white slavers.
>>
>>64533252
I'm going with sabotage.
>>
File: TRAITOR.jpg (427KB, 763x739px) Image search: [Google]
TRAITOR.jpg
427KB, 763x739px
>>64531791
>>
>>64533338
tell that to kanjiklub
>>
People shit on George for this but he was based for recognizing and mocking the soulless fanfiction crap that was this and other EU trash
>>
>>64533496
By sabotaging the work of people he hired?
>>
File: 1431651223177.png (125KB, 386x318px) Image search: [Google]
1431651223177.png
125KB, 386x318px
>>64532526

Is this what contrarian /tv/ really believes? That Lucas was this fragile genius who didn't get a chance? What do you call Howard the Duck? Or *ANYTHING* in Episode I?

I get it, "HURR RLM SHILLS MEMES MEMES" but just because a criticism becomes mainstream doesn't mean it loses validity. The writing's on the wall; Lucas is a hack who didn't understand (and continues to not understand if you watch the Blu-Ray changes) the nuances of what makes Star Wars likable.
>>
>>64533890
>>64533890
I supposed you could do better you smug balding faggof
>>
Is it trolling or do some contrarians really believe Lucas was "forced" to sell to Disney?
>the fans broke his heart
srly?
>>
>>64533696
no, by shutting down a stupid request with a stupid answer
>>
>>64533980
t. george lucas
>>
>>64531772
>be billionare George lucas.
> Sitting in room with dumb edgy farmboys
> they want to make a gary stu darth apprentice
> you swear at one point they suggest gary stu will beatdown ypur vader.
>they want to make him Darth, their fanfic insert on the level of your Sheev.

I dont see why they dont realize he just didnt give a shit or care that much about their oc eu garbage to give em a straight answer
>>
>>64534027
But that's not what he did.
>>
>>64532153
>Harrison, you can't die, because we need you to sell the toys
>Sorry, the Ewoks are staying, we need to sell toys
>>
>>64534081
What a shit asperger boss.
>>
There was another story out there I think he was meeting someone for the first time or something and it was incredibly awkward I wish I could remember more details but it was hilarious as well.
>>
>>64531772

Lucas was probably bored to tears from the room full of yes men literally trembling to get his approval an then used some dad humor to fuck with them.

The man's worth billions, he literally does not have to give a shit about anyone.
>>
>>64534190
>Our source says they were told to never say “No” to him, or to say, “Yeah, that will be easy.” They were also told not to mention Force Unleashed’s protagonist, Starkiller. If he’s referred to by George, it will be “that guy.” The most important rule, much like not feeding a Mogwai after midnight, was “Don’t tell George how the Force works.”
>Red Fly’s representatives arrived at the meeting point early the next day, only to find LucasArts employees rushing Force Unleashed artwork out of the conference room, and replacing it with other Star Wars artworks, including the placement of Sideshow Collectibles statues of Darth Maul and Darth Talon to the table.

>A friendly George Lucas entered the room and was eager to hear the pitch from Red Fly’s creatives. “Before they could finish their spiel, Lucas cut them off, stood up, walked over to the statues, rotated them to be facing the same direction, pushed them together, and said ‘They’re friends!’” adds the source. “He wanted these characters to be friends, and to play off of each other. He talked about the show Burn Notice as a reference point. He likened Darth Maul to Sonny from The Godfather, and he likened Darth Talon to Lauren Bacall. He actually did an impersonation of her. It was supposedly the weirdest impersonation of a ’40s actress going, ‘Don’t you know how to whistle? Put your lips together and blow.’”

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/05/07/the-story-of-the-darth-maul-game-that-never-came-to-be.aspx?PostPageIndex=4
>>
>>64534294

Based as fuck.
>>
>>64532526
>in fact he had a whole trilogy of trilogies planned out
Im amazed people still believe this. You obviously just started coming to /tv/ and never watched the making of phantom menace documentary on stream with everyone when we used to shitpost about the PT 2 or 3 years ago.
>>
>>64533980

I know that if I lucked myself into creative control of a property millions of people worshiped, I wouldn't make half of the retarded decisions Lucas made. Starting with having sense enough to not fuck with the original trilogy.

>"BUT THEY'RE HIS MOVIES"

No they aren't, he only directed the first one. He got hypertension after it and decided "fuck being involved." So he's not even responsible for the best movie in the series, yet feels entitled to ruin it. Fuck him and his delusions of creative entitlement. Hell, McQuarrie did more to realize Star Wars than Lucas did. Lucas is just that "ideas guy" who always wants to rope in talented people to do his bidding.
>>
>>64534294
>Lucas cut them off, stood up, walked over to the statues, rotated them to be facing the same direction, pushed them together, and said ‘They’re friends!’”
So he's unironically an autist.
>>
>>64534357
Worse. An autist with power.
>>
>>64534337
Well lucked himself?.
He got it funded.
He got the ideas.
He made the ilm that he worked with side by side to make everything
He hired the artist, half the concept art are things easily remakable with george, tatooine = lwrence of arabia, c3po is a replica of some other female robot etc etc.
Goerge is the main element, the rest are supplements.
Even disneynkept the name lucasfilms, cause all tht infrastructure is what GEORGE made
>>
I don't see how those names are any worse than Snoke. At least they're just random crap spewed by an autist, imagine how many people Snoke went by and they all approved it.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.