[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

you know if the kid died at some point during filming it'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

you know if the kid died at some point during filming it'd be a pretty different movie haha
>>
>>64531320
haha what if like two dudes were on the moon and one killed the other with a rock? haha
>>
>>64531364
haha wow that'd be pretty crazy
>>
Go back to Reddit please
>>
TWELVE
>>
Richard Linklater and the producers were robbed.

Fuck Birdman.
>>
>>64532444

careful mate

in this deluded pleb-infested swamp Boyhood is considered pleb and Birdman is considered patrician

just stop while you're ahead
>>
>>64532502
All I'll say is that I shouted the word reddit multiple times during each of them.
>>
>>64532502
they're both Gimmick: A Flick
>>
>>64532380
MONTHS
>>
>>64532380
>>64532850
>a week or so a year for 12 years
pretty much yeah
>>
>>64532829

Richard Linklater's entire career has been about time. Nearly every single movie has been exploring what it means to depict time in film, how to do it, and what does time mean for the characters within the film. Boyhood then summed up his career-long fixation in one perfectly conceived framework that gave his fullest, most interesting consideration yet.

Yeah, definitely a gimmick.

Do you even know who Richard Linklater is?

you guys always just sound so retarded when you criticize it.
>>
>>64532947
>Richard Linklater's entire career has been about time
false

>Boyhood then summed up his career-long fixation in one perfectly conceived framework that gave his fullest, most interesting consideration yet.
It's a gimmick and it has been done before by a director way more inventive than him

Boyhood is a bland indie coming-of-age tale with an added TWELVE YEARS factor to make plebs cream their pants.
>>
>>64533279

the majority of Linklater's works are concerned with time mate.

and which director do you mean? Lav Diaz? great director sure but why even bother making the comparison? outside of their similar structural device the films are hugely different

and it kinda just sounds like you're a dummy desu if that's all you took from Boyhood
>>
>>64533357
>Waking Life, Slacker, Bernie, School of Rock, Dazed and Confused, Suburbia, Tape, A Scanner Darkly
Do you know what all of these have in common? They are Linklater movies and time isn't even in their top 3 concerns.

I can see how you made that assessment, though: the Before trilogy. Time is an important element in this story, but even then I don't think his primary concern was time but rather relationships and how they are affected by impending separation, distance, reconciliation, commitment. It's a romance before everything.

Don't get me wrong, I'm one of the biggest Linklater fanboys there is, but Boyhood is a mediocre story that only made it to the screens because of that one gimmick. It has no necessity to exist as a movie, it tells nothing new.
>>
>>64531320
probably would have been better
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.