[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What season did you personally still enjoy the Simpsons till?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1408461424146.png (563KB, 582x480px) Image search: [Google]
1408461424146.png
563KB, 582x480px
What season did you personally still enjoy the Simpsons till?

I'm re-watching it right now and am at the end of S11 and its still pretty great for the most part. Though I noticed the decline in quality starting around S9, late S8. I'm pretty sure it was still extremely watchable up until S14/S15 before the show truly became zombie simpsons.
>>
>>64528191
There are still watchable moments through 8-11.
it's sad because you can see the seeds start to be planted
>the rise of jerk homer
>more and more THE SIMPSONS ARE GOING TO ______
>more and more homer gets oddball job/meets celebrity
>forced joke callbacks that stop being funny and are clearly "for the fans"
>>
I'm watching 11 for the first time. It's not great but there's enough good jokes popping up to keep me watching. I think this will be the last one I aim to finish

I will say that 9 is incredibly underrated and just as good as 8, which gets overrated for having a couple really great episodes. Both have the same problems and similar level of quality
>>
I regularly watch through season 7. I think that was the last season that was great through and through. I like many episodes through season 9 though.
>>
>>64528191
> S11 and its still pretty great for the most part.
Die.
>>
>>64528191
Whatever was the last season before the movie. 17, I think.

I thought the movie was decent, too, but the season after that was pure garbage. Lost interest after 6 episodes or so.
>>
File: Today_I_Am_a_Clown[1].png (192KB, 511x384px) Image search: [Google]
Today_I_Am_a_Clown[1].png
192KB, 511x384px
>Today I Am a Clown
>Season 15, Episode 6
I changed the channel after the first break and haven't really watched an episode since. The show was becoming mediocre, but this episode killed it completely for me.
>>
The unimpeachable seasons are 4,5,6. The great seasons are 3,7,8. The okay seasons are 1,2,9. I don't go past that point, though when I first got into the show I was unaware of the golden seasons and saw my fair share of zombie Simpsons.
>>
>>64530548
For me it's 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 above everything else.
>>
>>64528784
this. I only have seasons 1-7 on my computer
>>
S11 is the last relatively good season, the rest become almost a chore to watch
Plus 11 ends on a nice touch with Behind the Laughter so it's a good point to just stop while you're ahead
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.