[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know I'm late to the party but I just saw this and want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

File: Star_Wars_The_Force_Awakens.jpg (834KB, 2400x1621px) Image search: [Google]
Star_Wars_The_Force_Awakens.jpg
834KB, 2400x1621px
I know I'm late to the party but I just saw this and want to talk about it. I thought it was fucking terrible and a chore to watch. I asked my girlfriend if we could leave half way through but she said 'Only a cunt would leave a Star Wars film early'.

The storytelling is pathetic.

About 30 seconds of screentime is given to Finn falling for Rey and lying about his past. No attempt is made to make the viewer empathise with Rey falling for the fake Finn, or with Finn being so enamoured that he feels compelled to tell a huge lie. The underdevelopment of the relationship means the lie has no meaning. Where is the jeopardy? What are the consequences of Rey finding out the truth?

Han spends the whole film acting cool and shows little regret or sadness over his sons betrayal. The viewer is never made to feel his heartache but then their relationship becomes the bedrock of the films climatic scene.

I could go on...

They seem to have hacked away at all of the story so they could have 100 minutes of explosions and gunfights. It should called Star Wars: The ADHD awakens. All my friends say its great but I felt no emotion while watching this film. The praise it is receiving is so discordant with my personal experience that I feel like I'm in a Franz Kafka novel.

Do people honestly like this movie? Why?
>>
It was shit

/thread
>>
>>64527391
>girlfriend

Stopped reading right here. Go back to facebook.
>>
Everyone really really wanted it to be good to the point that they convinced themselves it was because "it was better than the prequels"even though RoTS was a much better film
>>
>>64527391
incredibly fast paced marvel style ANH with very little substance and forced SJW shit

5.5/10
>>
Why is your girlfriend pretending to like Star Wars?

I hammered mine until she finally admitted she never saw any of them, don't let her lie to you.
>>
>>64527507
It really is a lot better than the prequels and arguably better than RotJ.
>>
>>64527391

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNAy7yCMyBw

/thread
>>
>>64527512
It's the fast pace and the editing style that bothered me. The self-referential isn't really that bad as I though it was. On my second time I watched it, it actually felt pretty natural not so forced.

For me as a fan it's a 8/10. People who don't care about SW will rate it lower and that's OK.
>>
>>64527391
>I asked my girlfriend if we could leave half way through but she said 'Only a cunt would leave a Star Wars film early'.

What if she was enjoying it? The least you could do was sit through it, it wasn't so bad it was unwatchable. Why does she put up with you?

You're right in that the film was absolute shite, but still.
>>
>>64527556
I've been going through all the SW movies since I saw TFA and the only movie it was better than was AotC

AotC was so fucking slow.
>>
>'Only a cunt would leave a Star Wars film early'
things that were definitely said to op
>>
I started writing a fake story for this thread about how my gay abusive bf wouldn't let me leave either and noticed about halfway through I was getting hard, pls send help /tv/
>>
>>64527782
Too lazy to give you some real ideas but keepit going and make your own OP when the story sounds neat.
>>
>>64527507

revenge of the sith is my favorite film to date, because they transitioned so well into the fourth.
>>
File: woo.jpg (112KB, 1280x532px) Image search: [Google]
woo.jpg
112KB, 1280x532px
WOO
>>
>>64527443
>/threading your own post

also Op's gf sounds like a stand-up chick, unlike him
>>
>>64527547
Hammered her, like, sex?
>>
>>64527660
Yet so many people are putting 7 above 6 or even 4... so many retards
>>
>>64527391
>The storytelling is pathetic.
It was so bad, to the point it hardly made any sense. The entire movie just feels weird and awkward
JJ is autistic
>>
>>64527391
>Do people honestly like this movie? Why?

Because when you have shitty meaningless lives, you are heavily relying on huge "world events" to convince yourself you enjoy your life.
After months, if not years of waiting, the realisation that this "most awaited movie of the year" is utterly shit may be hard to handle.
So it's better to pretend it was amazing or at least, "not that bad and it delivered on the entertaining part".

It can't be considered a Star Wars movie, it was absolutely pathetic (except for some few nice shots on Jakku), the pacing of the movie was one of the worst i've seen (and i've seen most Abram's movie), it was unimaginative, poorly written and the ending is a complete joke (the destruction of the republic too).

Show some compassion to those who "must" enjoy such trash to feel alive.
>>
>>64528243
>>imagine those guppy fish lips wrapped around your dick
>>
It's like if they took all the bad and shallow parts of ANH, leave all the good parts behind, and expanded them into a 2 hours capeshit flick.
JJ is not just a hack, he is also a compulsive liar. There is absolutely no way he can be a star wars fan, it seem he only liked the bad parts of ANH...
>>
>>64527660
>>64527569
>>64527507
>>64527443
>>64527391
>>64528028
>>64528228
>>64528550
shit opinions

The movie was anywhere from a 6/10-8/10 depending on how much weight you put into the different aspects of film.
Any other opinion is contrarian garbage, butthurt fanboys, nitpickers, or in the case of a higher than 8/10 brainless herd following.
>>
>>64528789
Ok 12 years old, go back to reddit now
>>
>>64527391

Don't you worry OP you're not alone.

70% of the people I talked with irl didn't like it or at least think it's 'meh' tier.

I was writting a more detailed post about concrete opinions of my family and friends, but it was starting to look like a blog.
>>
>>64527391
>the storytelling is pathetic
This pretty much sums up why the movie is so bad.
>>
>>64527611
Im a huge fan of SW and its no better then a 6/10. Why as a fan would you be ok with having a substandard film?
>>
>>64527391
aside from rey I liked it for the most part
>>
>>64527391
fuck off back to reddit
>>
>>64527611
>not so forced

>rey has fucking "force visions" and learns the jedi mind trick out of nowhere
>han's death has zero impact on the characters or story
>an explosion or chance scene every 2 minutes
>bad acting from the returning cast
>idiotic cameos that make no sense like akbar
>>
>>64528933
>He disagrees with me! He must be a child and from Reddit!
Ok 12 years old, go back to Facebook now
>>
>>64527391
>'Only a cunt would leave a Star Wars film early'
Did you quickly reply with "Film? It's a flick at best"?
>>
>>64530415
>Rey has Force visions
Yeah senpai, that's what the Force does, the movie is called The Force Awakens.
>Han's death has zero impact on characters or story
Are you trying to tell me that Kylo killing Han wasn't an integral part of his character arc?
>An explosion or chance scene every two minutes
lol what?
>Bad acting from returning cast
Harrison Ford was good, Chewie was good and Carrie Fisher was abysmal, 2/3 ain't bad.
>Idiotic cameos that make no sense like akbar
So an esteemed naval general leading a fleet in the Rebellion wouldn't still be an esteemed naval general in The Republic?

Why are you so wrong about everything?
>>
>This whiny jew is the new stand in for Darth Vadar
>The Republic is back to being "the rebels" because they needed bullshit conflict and to better facilitate the copy paste to the first movie
>Fin becomes good just because and we aren't sure if storm troopers are still clones or not
>Han dying like a bitch
>mary sue tough grrl main character suddenly developing force powers just because the plot demanded it
>boring action scenes

What a piece of shit
>>
>>64530738
>This whiny jew is the stand in for Darth Vader
Stop comparing him to Darth Vader, he's obviously a completely different character.
>The Republic is back to being the rebels
Wrong, The Resistance is different group secretly funded by The Republic to combat The First Order.
>Finn becomes good just because we aren't sure if Stormtroopers are still clones or not
This has got to be one of the silliest criticisms I've ever heard of.
>Han dying like a bitch
Nuh he died on his own terms and still forgave Kylo which really fucked him up.
>mary sure tough grrl main character suddenly developing force powers because the plot demanded it
The movie is literally called the Force Awakens,
>Boring action scenes
Subjective. 0/10 criticism see me after class
>>
>>64530963
>The movie is literally called the Force Awakens,
If the movie is called "A Piece of Shit" it doesn't excuse it from being a piece of shit. Rey's character made 0 sense and was completely unrealistic within the setting of the Star Wars universe
>>
>>64530537
>LELELELLELELELRRL FLICK LE FLICK LE FLICK
>XDXDXD MEMES MEMES MEMEZ
>FLICK KINO FLICK KINO
>Cinema XD
Stop. It's movie or film and movie theater. This whole board needs to stop this
>>
>>64531122
>If a movie is called A Piece of Shit it doesn't excuse it for being a piece of shit
Well yeah, it kinda does you fucking loser. The Force has awakened, Rey is strong in the force and she beat Kylo when he was down and out. She has the flaw of being a socially retarded homesick child who happens to be good at flying and fighting.
>>
>>64527391

I liked it

I liked Ren who was a nice break from the hammy and comically evil Star Wars supervillain (which has its place)

The script was solid and there were some great shots. It doesn't come near the original trilogy but it surpasses the prequels by every measure I can think of.

The middle act was weak and the kanjiklub sequence was fucking stupid but I suppose they had to establish Han Solo somehow for first timers
>>
>>64531346
>She has the flaw of being a socially retarded homesick child
That she quickly overcomes after one talk with a knock off Yoda

>who happens to be good at flying and fighting.
And scavenging and using the Force and shooting a blaster and being an engineer. Two of those with no prior experience
>>
Sounds like you had your mind made up before the watching the movie , op. I agree with your imaginary girlfriend. You're a cunt.
>>
Yeah, it was a pretty bad movie. One that starts to fall apart the more you think about it. It's not going to be looked fondly upon the longer it's around, I can guarantee you that.
>>
>>64532157
This. The first act on Jakku is great which gives you a sense of relief and makes you approach the rest of it with "they didn't fuck it up attitude". I left the cinema thinking it's at least an 8/10 Star Wars and almost worthy of the OT. But after seeing it again and analysing it's closer to 5/10 and not even as good as RotS
>>
>>64527391

TFA IS THE GOAT MOVIE OF THE 21ST CENTURY.

IF YOU DIDN'T LIKE IT, SOMETHING IS VERY VERY VERY VERY WRONG WITH YOU AS A HUMAN BEING AND YOU SHOULD SEE A DOCTOR.
>>
>>64531221
>>64531221
>>LELELELLELELELRRL FLICK LE FLICK LE FLICK
>>XDXDXD MEMES MEMES MEMEZ
>>FLICK KINO FLICK KINO
>>Cinema XD

You need to stop this. Thank god the rest of this shithole isn't as bad as you.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.