[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Hateful Eight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

How did everyone enjoy this movie? I wasn't able to see it in 70mm, but I went in with absolutely no expectations and loved all of it. A lot of people are split on this movie, but what did /tv/ think of it
>>
>>64525797
The build to the cabin was a little too much. I get that it helped develop the characters and all, but even for Tarantino, it felt too dragged out. That's really my only issue with it.
>>
>>64526878
Who killed colonel mustard with the candlestick again?
>>
>>64526878
some of his other films like kill bill i felt were more dragged out

OP: i thought it was good, didn't think the dingus scene was needed though, 3.5/5
>>
>>64526961
kill bill was great fuck you.

I really like H8 although I wish there was more of an ending.
>>
BIG
>>
comfy cinematography that reminded me of Clue (the board game)

I enjoyed it a lot, but the people I went with were bored.
>>
Would be great is QT wasn't so obsessed with himself and knew how to properly pace a movie.
>>
>I wasn't able to see it in 70mm

That's a new way to say "I streamed the 240p yify cam rip"
>>
BIG WARM BLACK DINGUS
>>
File: 1373463486974.jpg (31KB, 540x387px) Image search: [Google]
1373463486974.jpg
31KB, 540x387px
>revealing the coffee poisoning thing instead of it just happening which would've been fantastic
>QT narrating
>Mannix's intro was too long

besides that, great film
>>
>>64527195
>That's why this chapter's called Domergue's got a Secret
>>
File: 1429566474459.gif (858KB, 267x208px) Image search: [Google]
1429566474459.gif
858KB, 267x208px
it was at least an hour longer than it needed to be but I didnt dislike it
>>
it reinforced the anti american idea of the confederates being evil nigger hating slave owners, which really triggered me and made me hate the movie right away. there was fuck all plot other than everyone killing each other. it felt historically inaccurate, even though there are people alive today who have met people who were alive close to that time
>>
>I say it's a dirty trick
Sums up the movie, really. Tarantino was wasting our time with lies but the lies were entertaining.

Wish they had handled the basement better.
>>
Just came back from it
I loved it. Acting, dialogues, some cinematography, etc, perfect.

I'm an editor but some cuts were really awful and distracting.

Zoe Belle is fat and can't act. Stick to body double.
>>
File: hitler1.jpg (60KB, 983x704px) Image search: [Google]
hitler1.jpg
60KB, 983x704px
>>64527318
>Tarantino
>Historically accurate
>>
Does anyone have the webm ?
>>
>>64527318
>really triggered me
I really wish you'd just pull the trigger instead
>>
>>64525797
I enjoyed it but was disappointed by the last half of the movie. All that talk about spending the next 2-3 days at Minnie's, and biding their time (Domingre gang) but everything went down on the first day.
>>
>well cut off my legs and call me shorty
Hoggins was GOAt in this.
>>
>>64528346
>y'all just got me talkin politics
>>
has Michael Madsen always been this bad of an actor?
>>
>>64528424
Well I'll be double dog damned!!
>>
>>64527513
I thought she was a qt.
>>
>>64525797
i liked the movie, thought it was fun

but dragged down by the shitty unnecessary narration and equally unnecessary pandering to people who called django racist

a gay interracial blowjob scene that has jack shit to do with the main story? samuel jackson can just openly insult all white people around him with no backlash whatsoever?
>>
>>64525797
I had no idea what it was about, I went to see it with my uncle not even knowing tarantino directed it, not knowing anything. Loved it, amazing movie.
I loved the door
>"YA GOTTA KICK IT"
>"WHAT?"
>"YA GOTTA FUCKIN KICK IT"
>"THAT DOORS A WHORE"
>>
It was ok.

I had a hard time caring about any of the characters because they're all so villainous. I know that's the point but it doesn't make it any easier to have investment in the movie. I was rooting for the mexican because he wasn't saying much.
>>
>>64525797
Thinking of it more like an adapted play, I really enjoyed it. Reminded me a lot of Reservoir Dogs, characters in one setting slowly devouring each other, Tarantiny said that he's considering putting this on as a play once he's finished his tenth film, which I think would work better. The 70mm and intermission and such really contributed to it, one of the best actual experiences I've had watching a film. Didn't even mind the Dingus scene that I knew was coming since it fit well into Jackson's character as a manipulative storyteller.

Wasn't exactly what I was expecting but I enjoyed it for what it was. I'd give it a 8/10
>>
>>64530822
I loved all the characters, they all acted great and were humerous/likable in their own way
Seeing them all just shit on the woman was hilarious, too.
>>
>>64530575
Yes I'd fuck her too

But she can't act for shit and it was too distracting. It lowered the greatness of the flick
>>
>>64527318
How's that Lost Cause treating you, traitor scum? Your ancestors were so scared of not being able to own other people that they betrayed their country. What a bunch of pussies. They were THAT scared of having to work their own damn fields or actually pay employees.

You're lucky they only let Sherman burn Atlanta

Being a Confederate, or even worse, a limp-dicked spineless Rebel apologist, is just about the most un-American thing you can do. Besides paying for other people's healthcare or burning the flag.
>>
File: 1449885619820.gif (143KB, 300x420px) Image search: [Google]
1449885619820.gif
143KB, 300x420px
>mfw channing tatum died
>>
I liked it but I think it would have been 100 times better if every person was lying and trying to get something out of another different person instead of the split sides thing that we got

once you knew about the 4 passengers, some of the scenes became less interesting in retrospect...like Tim Roth's hangman speech. Why did those 4 guys even bother keeping up the charade for so long, etc.
>>
>>64525797
Better than Django and Basterds. I liked it very much.
>>
>>64530991
I knew as soon as he poked his head out that trapdoor he was a goner. So did he.
>>
>>64527247
Did he die?
>>
>>64530991

fucking libcucks
>>
>>64531016
>Why did those 4 guys even bother keeping up the charade for so long, etc.

C-Tate stressed restraint and patience because he knew the second anything happened, or the second Ruth suspected anything, Daisy was dead meat.
>>
if the gang had 20 good men in town why didn't they just use that to defeat black dingus and snake?
>>
>>64530758
It was kind of weird that after insulting all white people, lying constantly, making fun of people for believing him, and then killing the dudes idle in front him, that Jackson and the white dude became best buddies at the end of the movie. That made no sense. My only big problem with the movie.

He should have wanted to kill Jackson just as much as the gang members.
>>
>>64527245
Worst god damn line in the entire movie, and not in the funny way
>>
File: Tarzan 2016.webm (2MB, 406x720px) Image search: [Google]
Tarzan 2016.webm
2MB, 406x720px
This webm re enacts my experience with this movie

>Imagine the top of the tree as the first two Acts of the movie with the introduction of characters and how they all interact with one another

And the rest of the webm represents my feelings of the cluster fuck he called an ending.
>>
>>64531254
I won't bother replying to this post
>>
>>64530858
I loved how they all beat the shit out of her on the carriage.
>>
>>64527513
I thouught Zoe was pretty athletic? Wasn't she a stunt person before she started acting?
>>
>>64527195
>>64527245
That part felt like it was shoed-in
>>
OFFICIAL HATEFUL EIGHT DON'T GIVE A FUCK RANKINGS

1. OB
2. Ugly joe
3. Mexican bob
4. Tim roth
5. Hangman
6. Samuel jackson
7. Domague
8. Sheriff goggins
9. Chaning tatum
10. Confederate geberqk
>>
Tim Roth was great
>>
>>64531661
>"I AINT NEVER GOING OUT IN THAT SHIT AGAIN"
Loved that scene, ob didn't deserve his fate
>>
>>64531259
You missed the point, bucko. They both cared about justice. They may have disliked each other, but they pulled through for each other in the name of justice against the gang. That was the best part of the movie.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.