[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nerdist actually thinks that leaving out Rey in the Monopoly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: 1407101642221.jpg (184KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
1407101642221.jpg
184KB, 500x370px
>Hasbro has the game listed on its website with “4 character tokens (2 Rebel, 2 Empire).” Those four characters are Darth Vader and Kylo Ren from the Empire (I know, let’s not worry about the semantics of the Empire vs. the First Order) and Return of the Jedi era Luke Skywalker and Finn.

>Entertainment Weekly reached out to Hasbro for comment. The company’s reason for excluding Rey is the same one that has been given time and again; Hasbro claims that because they designed the game months before the film came out, the omission of Rey was in the interest of “avoiding spoilers.”

>“The Star Wars: Monopoly game was released in September, months before the movie’s release, and Rey was not included to avoid revealing a key plot line that she takes on Kylo Ren and joins the Rebel Alliance.”

>I’ve seen similar things regarding her action figures too, with claims that they didn’t want to include a lightsaber with her before the movie came out, but thought people would be mad if it didn’t have one after they saw the film. So you wanted to avoid selling more Star Wars products? Or thought the people that obsessively buy them all would maybe pass on getting a new one?

Source: http://nerdist.com/star-wars-the-force-awakens-monopoly-leaves-out-rey/

Holy fucking shit guys. I can't believe they actually think this.
>>
>>64522745
>if they had kept out Finn everyone would've screamed "RACISM"
Poor Hasbro never stood a chance. No matter what someone was going to find something to bitch about.
>>
>>64522799
If I had to choose I would rather be sexist honestly.
>>
Jesus Christ how low some people will sink for this kind populist bullshit
>>
File: 1444746939472.jpg (94KB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
1444746939472.jpg
94KB, 650x488px
You are now aware that Chris Hardwick is CEO of Nerdist and his fiance is the granddaughter of William Randolph Hearst
>>
if you are buying another Monopoly with a SW logo on it you deserve all the shit they put out
>>
>>64522745
It is weird they didn't include her, considering how she's the main character and all.

However, I don't think the owner of Hasbro sat back and thought "Yeah, fuck bitches I'm not putting her in this shit."
>>
>>64522745
But it is sexist???
Spoilers shouldn't be an excuse, besides why do they put Luke if you should have already a figure of him?
This is just more reason that gender equality is a long fight down in 2016
>>
>>64523516
>Hasbro hq
>first day on the job
>6/10 female
>enter building
>CEO Johnny Hasbro approaches me
>"NICE TITS, SLUT"
>slaps my ass
>"YOU WANT A RAISE, BABY? COME BY MY OFFICE AFTER YOU GET OFF...SO THAT I CAN HEH HEH HEH..."
>smile and laugh
>I hate it but that's life in the boardgame business
>>
Hasbro is just smart enough to know that 10 year old boys aren't going to buy merch with girls on it, and the amount of girls who would buy it with Rey as opposed to without is so minuscule there's no point..
>>
>>64523761
Five stars post
>>
File: aquiredubs.jpg (7KB, 202x250px) Image search: [Google]
aquiredubs.jpg
7KB, 202x250px
>>64523761
:-)
>>
>>64523761
>6/10 working at Hasbro
>staff meeting
>brainstorming new boardgames
>CEO Johnny Hasbro points at me
>"YOU, TITSLUT. GIVE ME WHAT YOU'VE GOT, IF I LOSE MY ERECTIONS YOU LOSE YOUR JOB."
>stammer out proposal for game based around Star Wars with Rey as playable character
>"SHIT IDEA, GOOD THING YOU HAVE TITS. ROLL IT INTO PRODUCTION BUT GODDAMMIT IF THERE IS A WOMAN IN IT I'LL BURN THIS COMPANY TO THE GROUND."
>meeting is dismissed
>have to stay behind and dance for CEO Johnny Hasbro
>I hate it but I have student loans to pay
>>
>>64522745
What isn't sexist these days? I'm pretty sure a syrup bottle can be viewed as sexist in their eyes.
>>
>>64522745
Yeah? Well saying that it should have been Rey instead of Finn is racist. Why does the Nerdist want to remove racial diversity in board games?
>>
>>64524225
It's a phallic symbol and a constant reminder of the power men have over women.
>>
>>64522745
Not really sexist, but pretty stupid, she was the main character for fucks sake.
>>
>>64524225

have you never seen a Mrs. Butterworth bottle? sexist and racist desu.
>>
File: 1445203348728.jpg (200KB, 480x726px) Image search: [Google]
1445203348728.jpg
200KB, 480x726px
poor hasbro
>>
>>64525027
Or Darth Vader. You know, the guy who wasn't even in the movie?
>>
>>64522745
They could have put in her character with her staff, just as she is on the poster.

They wanted 1 cool old and new character for each side.

However, they would then be accused of racism for not using Finn. It was a losing game because today's SJW will SJW.

However, when the next episode comes out, the new Rey toys with a lightsaber will clean house.
>>
>>64525123

Well then you'd need to get rid of Luke too. Or just include a variety of characters to choose from like Monopoly.
>>
>>64522799
>>64522850
That's why you leave out white male Luke you shitlords.
>>
i fucking hate america. There isnt a worst time to be an american.

EVERYONE complains about EVERYTHING.

this is racist
that is sexist
this is ablest
this is fat shaming
slut shaming
racism
sexism
on
and on

how do these people fucntion
>>
>>64525760
Stop complain-shaming!
>>
>>64523761
awwww sheit. kek
>>
File: 2yo2u54.jpg (5KB, 195x195px) Image search: [Google]
2yo2u54.jpg
5KB, 195x195px
>>64523761
what a golden post
>>
>>64525123
>take out the nostalgia factor

Are you retarded? Even people who don't like the new shit now have incentive to buy this.
>>
>>64525496
no you dont? he was in the movie
>>
>>64522745
the spoiler excuse makes no sense at all, and neither does the inclusion of darth vader over her in the game
>>
>people are bitching about a board game that none of them are going to play because it's not 1925
>A BOARD GAME
>>
>>64526663
Yes it does
Her being the main character/force sensitive instead of Finn was actually not talked about at all prior to the film
Vader was in because they needed some OT shit as well because it sells a fucktonne better and nobody knew who the new characters were then
>>
>>64526829
>Her being the main character/force sensitive instead of Finn was actually not talked about at all prior to the film

which you would not give away by simply having her in the game by finns side. and rey got more screen time in trailers and had a line of dialogue, while finn did not
>>
>>64526663
Darth Vader is a good character
She's a shit character

They made a good decision
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.