[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Place your bets on which capeshit will succeed this year >Deadpool

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8

File: bvm.jpg (63KB, 599x778px) Image search: [Google]
bvm.jpg
63KB, 599x778px
Place your bets on which capeshit will succeed this year

>Deadpool
Might make the same as Ant-Man or just enough to break even
>B vs S
Guaranteed a billion dollars
>Suicide Squad
Probably not as much as expected since the hype died down
>Captain America Civil War
Will definitely be in the top 5 highest grossing movies of 2016
>Gambit
Will end up like Fantastic Four
>>
>>64522033
>Will end up like Fantastic Four
i guess it seems like just too much of a gambit, huh?
>>
>Deadpool
2 hours of Ryan Reynolds making unfunny quips
>B vs S
A faggy Lex Luthor has ruined it already.
>Suicide Squad
Same as above with the cringeworthy Joker.
More RDJ as Iron Man. Winner.
>Gambit
No idea

Rentals at best.
>>
>>64522403
>>64522033
first Spacey and now Eisenberg. why do they always make Luthor into a fucking queer in these movies?
>>
>>64522033
>Deadpool
Could be good if the studio fell asleep and let a batshit crazy movie out
>B vs S
After man of steel, there burning money at this point
>Suicide Squad
Well its gonna be worth talking about at-least
Looks like another good marvel movie, of course just like everyone else im a shill
>Gambit
I didnt even know about this one? end of the year or somthing?
>>
>deadpool
Agreed with Ant Man money, edgy teenagers will have something to talk about
>BvS
Highest grossing capeshit movie of 2016. What you ignorant cunts fail to understand is that people actually enjoyed MoS. Batman fighting Superman + Wonder Woman is something everyone and their mother wants to see.

>Civil War
Won't live up to the hype, but fans will be happy anyways because they're brainwashed into thinking Marvel can do no wrong

>Apocalypse
Another DoFP

>Suicide Squad
Easily $700m, trailer gives you the right expectations, none will be disappointed
>>
I have a feeling BvS and Suicide Squad will tank hard while Marvel stuff will make decent money but nothing spectacular since it looks like Cepeshit might finally be starting to decline with Age of Ultron and Ant-Man's mediocre performances.
>>
File: Souper.jpg (111KB, 478x955px) Image search: [Google]
Souper.jpg
111KB, 478x955px
>>64523010
>Batman fighting Superman + Wonder Woman is something everyone and their mother wants to see.
>Literally every pleb says "why are they fighting? aren't they friends?"
>>
>>64523061
They'll keep upping the anti with more outrageous films like Batman vs Superman vs The Avengers until their films finally start to lose money

As long as their paraded around the Internet they'll have no problem making over a billion dollars
>>
>>64523203
>implying they won't want to see it anyways
Movie isn't out, cant expect normies to know the plot of the movie unless they've been following the news. Wait till tv spots start dropping.
>>
Boxoffice wise:

CW > BvS > SS > Doctor Strange > Apocalypse > Deadpool
>>
>>64522033
>
You forgot about x-men
>>
Deadpool is going to be the biggest flop easily.
>>
>>64523813
>Implying the Reddit audience won't easily get it 500 Million
>>
>Deadpool
DUDE MEMES LMAO
>Batman vs. Superman
MMM BOYS
>Suicide Squad
MOMS GONNA FREAK
>Captain America: Civil War
AHHH TONY HELP
>Gambit
LITERALLY WHO

WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?
>>
>>64522033
>Suicide Squad
>Probably not as much as expected since the hype died down

Nigger the trailer for this shit got a fuck ton of views more than BvS. Once the new trailer hits in 2 weeks it'll probably make a billion as well.
>>
Nobody can explain to me in any detail why they like Deadpool.

I don't get it.
>>
>>64524223
This. And if the description is true, it will have a lot of Harley and Joker, many more action scenes and dadrock. Normies will love it.
>>
File: redpool.png (45KB, 296x406px) Image search: [Google]
redpool.png
45KB, 296x406px
>>64524255
>>
>>64522033
>Deadpool
Might do decent word of mouth
>BvS
Man of Steel was shit and still made $600 million. If it's bad, it can still make a pretty penny coasting on the two biggest superheroes of all time. If it's good, it could be a bonafide juggernaut
>Suicide Squad
Will probably garner some decent momentum off Batman heavyweight villain hype
Will do great off Marvel branding, plus Captian America seems to be the one Marvel thing that can start off good and stay good
>Doctor Strange
It'll be like Thor. Might not really be all that great but women will still see it and other people will still watch it because of the Marvel brand
>Gambit
I literally did not even know this was coming out this year, or that it was a thing
>>
>>64522033

>batman has no neck

its definitely going to bomb hard.
>>
At least Doctor Strange has potential to be a new and different thing.

Deadpool is just some cunt fighting crime.
>>
>>64524439
Doctor Strange has the potential, but it will be Iron Man 1 with magic instead of science
They will thrown in some trippy imagery just to cover that up
>>
File: 1428652835520.gif (2MB, 498x373px) Image search: [Google]
1428652835520.gif
2MB, 498x373px
>>64522033
2016 Capeshit
QUALITY

1. Civil War
2. Doctor strange
3. Suicide Squad
4. Deadpool
5.. X-man
6. BvS

BOX-OFFICE

1. Civil War
2. BvS
3. Doctor Strange
4. X-man
5. Suicide Squad
6. Deadpool
>>
>>64522033
B v S is going to tank

no one really cares about Bats or Supes anymore. Especially Snyders interpretation of it

Hell Batman Begins was bottom of the barrel and people only started watching at the Dark Knight and this Batman looks to be fundamentally different and retarded

Hell Necksnapper wasn't even of note

I'll say it'll be lucky to break 200m world wide
>>
It honestly makes me cringe reading some of these predictions. Is /tv/ anything other than Marvelkeks?
>>
>>64524591
>I'll say it'll be lucky to break 200m world wide

No need to be retarded
>>
File: 134430030540.png (157KB, 363x307px) Image search: [Google]
134430030540.png
157KB, 363x307px
>Deadpool
$ 600 - 700 miliions
>B vs S
$ 1.1 - 1.3 billions
>Suicide Squad
$ 700 - 900 millions
$ 1.2 - 1.5 billions
>Gambit
$ 500 - 600 billions

You heard here first.
>>
>>64523927
>le ebin reddit maymay
>>
>>64522033
There are five fucking superhero movies coming out this year alone?

What the fuck is wrong with people, do they not get tired of these generic movies simply because of name recognition?
>>
>>64524800
Were you in a fucking coma?
>>
>>64524773
Hello reddit
>>
>Deadpool
Since it's rated R, they'll be lucky if the movie even breaks even. Expect a huge flop out of this one, the common person doesn't give a rat's ass about Deadpool
>B vs S
You're giving it too much credit. Mabye some nerds will see it opening weekend and it will go on to gross 700 million, but that is about it
>Suicide Squad
Absolutely guaranteed to be a flop, Whoever gave the go on this one is gonna be in a world of shit once it comes out. The new joker alone makes me want to start cutting myself again
Will be the highest grossing movie of the year no doubt
>Gambit
I felt stupid just typing the name. No this movie will not make any money
>>
>>64524693
It's really not going to be a record breaker.

The trailer was terrible.
It looks more for adults detracting the child audience
And the marketing in general has been complete shit
>From the director that brought you Neck Snap of Steel...
>>
>>64524941
>B vs S
>gross 700 million

Lol it's projected to make 2 billion easily. You know fuck all about movie financing.
>>
>>64525107
You know fuck all about marketing

>Say big number
>Get people interested
It's the big number effect.

For instance they said Star Wars was projected to make 2.5 billion. It brought in about half that
>>
>>64525140
Link to the person who made that prediction, never heard shit about it.
>>
>>64522093
Damn right nigga!
>>
>>64525140
>It brought in about half that

So far.

First weekend is a big drop, but TFA only had 33% drop. 2.5 is obviously the very max it could get, but it's not impossible, given the current data.
>>
>>64525107
>projected to make 2 billion easily.

fyi bvs is track a little above 800 million ww. Marketing has been terrible.
>>
>>64525326
It's not impossible for it to make 10 billion but still was never going to happen.

Professional pull shits out their ass just throw numbers out there
>>
>>64525348
Link
>>
>>64525466
He has no link because they don't 'track' worldwide box office. Tracking in North America hasn't even been released and the earliest will likely be released in February.
>>
>>64522033
Deapool will flop
>>
>>64525405
>It's not impossible for it to make 10 billion but still was never going to happen.

>but it's not impossible, given the current data
>given the current data

All the films surrounding Star Wars on the highest grossing of all time had larger dropoffs in their early runs, including Jurassic World, and the Avengers.

The actual data of other films, would suggest, so far, that Star Wars, can make it to 2.5 billion, should the drops follow the same trends. They're 2/3 of the way there already.
>>
>>64525514
Oh and Civil War & B v S will be 1.0-1.3 respectively. Suicide Squad & X-Men will be 700-800 million. Dr. Strange 550-650. Deadpool maybe 400 million. Gambit hasn't even started shooting yet, it's not coming out in 2016.
>>
>>64524900
>le ebin reddit maymay
>>
>>64525562
>BvS
>people giving a shit
Just because its your favourite franchise doesn't mean the general at large also likes it as much as you do you kike
kek
>>
>>64524128
Kekd too hard at MMM BOYS
>>
>>64523010
>Highest grossing capeshit movie of 2016. What you ignorant cunts fail to understand is that people actually enjoyed MoS.
Half true, there's a reason this movie is controversial, is split half and half
Batman fighting Superman + Wonder Woman is something everyone and their mother wants to see.
Agree, except for the mother thing, parents really don't give a fuck about cape movies.
>>
File: 1451995190445.png (42KB, 150x144px) Image search: [Google]
1451995190445.png
42KB, 150x144px
>>64522033
>Deadpool

Yeah probably around antman money

>B vs S

Biggest capeshit of 2016 1.6-1.7 billion

>Suicide Squad

probably make 1.3 billion from jared joker harley will smith and that model girl, plus how edgy it's gonna be.

1.4 billion cause reddit. Won't be as fresh or as good as BvS, yet still has spidey for the kids and discount batman for the sjw, and tony for the normies.

>Gambit

There's no way they're gonna release this movie in 11 months when they haven't casted anyone besides chungum yet.

>RT +90%
BvS
>RT +80%
Civil war, suicide squad
>RT 50%
Deadpool
>>
>>64524800
They are a sub-genre of Action movies at this point. If people don't get bored of James Bond or Mission: Impossible, dunno why they would get bored of capeshit, if it's done well.
>>
>>64526987
Even on Rotten Tomatoes, where people chose to leave their opinion on the film, has a rating of 74% for the audience. Don't look at the critics reviews just because idiots can't make their own opinions.
>>
>>64525047
You said 200 million. That's pretty fucking low. No way it's gonna flop THAT hard. It will at least pay itself, even if it underperforms comparing to what WB probably expects.
>>
>>64522033
>>64523813
>>64524255
>>64524439

Deadpool is a film genetically engineerd to appeal to imdbspawn /v/edditors with no sense of sophisication who laud meme dialog, which supports upvote groupthink mentality, and meme acting with a good movie pandering reddit tier meta capeshit "entertainment" sensibilities and a meme tv movie aesthetic. This is a flick at best and will rightfully ruin ryan reynolds career.
>>
>>64522033
>Deadpool
Mild success
>B vs S
Not a bomb but disappointing profit
>Suicide Squad
Bomb
Moderately large success
>Gambit
Bomb
>>
>>64522033
There's no way Batman vs Superman is going to bomb, it will recover its investment on name alone. It can be expected to be amazingly shitty, though, considering Snyder's track record and how much crap he's trying to cram into a single movie.
This is all pointless speculation, though. Fuck your thread you faggot.
>>
File: 1409650391781.jpg (45KB, 259x220px) Image search: [Google]
1409650391781.jpg
45KB, 259x220px
>>64522033

>guranteed a billion dollars
>>
>>64522033
batmans weak ass legs :(
>>
File: robliefeld.jpg (44KB, 250x301px) Image search: [Google]
robliefeld.jpg
44KB, 250x301px
>mfw Deadpool leads to a decade's worth of terrible, misguided Rob Liefeld adaptations
>>
>Deadpool
Kill Bill style gore mixed with Reddit "le so random" style humor mixed with pop culture references.
>B vs S
I think it'll be okay. Luther is kinda gay.
>Suicide Squad
I think this will do okay just as long as the Joker is Jason Todd. If it's a reboot on the Joker's style instead of Todd it'll suck.
This will do the best.
>Gambit
Will be forgotten, it'll crash like Green Lantern. Casuals won't like it because it'll be packed with D-List comic book characters.
>>
What a shitty year this is for capeshit.
>>
>Deadpool
white man
>B vs S
white men
>Suicide Squad
privileged man
white men
>Gambit
white man

When will Hollywood make movies for the rest of Us?
>>
>>64522093

R E D D I T
E
D
D
I
T
>>
>>64524366
$600 million is nothing when you're talking about films that cost $200 - $400 million to make. If BvS only makes $600 million it'll be considered a colossal failure.
>>
>>64523061
>age of ultron
>$1.405 bn gross
>mediocre
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.