[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>star wars fanboys can't brag about objective gross anymore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 1451878103773.png (249KB, 368x425px) Image search: [Google]
1451878103773.png
249KB, 368x425px
>star wars fanboys can't brag about objective gross anymore so they're trying to bend it by talking about "profit"

I've never seen anything more pathetic in my life.
>>
>>64518708
>b-b-but we came close to titanic

not in 1997 shekles you didnt
>>
Is there anything more pathetic than a TFA fanboy pretending it wasn't just another generic blockbuster with SJW casting? Muh childhood, right nerds?
>>
These cucks will never outdo based Jim. Star Wars: The Mary Sue Gets Blacked isn't a movie, it's a 200 million dollar commercial.
>>
>>64518879
>implying Avatar wasn't a dull overpriced 3D gimmick demo.
>>
>>64518879
>based Jim
reddit please go
>>
>>64518708
The less plebs who are into Star Wars, the better I say. I never got the hype about it outgrossing anything.
>>
File: You call now.jpg (69KB, 856x667px) Image search: [Google]
You call now.jpg
69KB, 856x667px
>>64518950
>implying muh glowing plants in 3D wasn't better than anything TFA had to offer
>>
>>64519063
Haven't seen star wars yet, but it can't be as bland and boring as Avatar. I had already seen Pocahontas and Dances with Wolves before seeing Avatar so the movie really felt like déjà déjà-vu. It was pretty though. Can't take this away from Avatar.
>>
>>64518708
I have no idea why a majority of this board ever doubted it would do good. It's Star Wars, with the amount of marketing that went along for it's release and huge fan base people would go see it if it were just Abrams telling them fuck you.

I can at least commend Avatar for being original but when Star Wars, Jurassic World or other movies like that is up on the highest grossing it's almost expected. There aren't an abundance of original movies in the highest grossing (or Hollywood) you can check for yourself. It's just a bunch of sequels, reboot's, adaptations, etc. What I've come to understand about /tv or 4chan as a whole is that they are never right simply because it's a collective of anon's thoughts that differ entirely. (inb4 no shit) This site literally is the best example of group think.
>>
>>64519235
TFA is quite bland. It's not as bad as the prequels but goddam is it uninspired and formulaic.
>>
>>64518780
Titanic was re-released recently. Its original box office gross was like 1.6 or 1.8 billion
>>
>>64518780

>Cameron Fags now trying to adjust for inflation

Which also means that Avatar isn't even close to number 1
>>
>>64518708
It didn't feel like a $200 million film to me. Am I the only one?
>>
>>64519235
TFA rehashes ANH more then Avatar does wolves or gully
>>
>>64519502
I don't know why this point doesn't get brought up more. It's objectively true.
>>
95% of the time on /tv/:
>hollywood is greedy, they don't deserve a dime
>my ticket/movie/dvd sales don't mean anything, i'll just stay home and download

any time a blockbuster movie comes out:
>squabbling over profit numbers
>my favorite movie is doing better than your favorite movie in overall box office

seriously the worst case of hypocritical shit
>>
>>64519818
You're a dumb ass. This is actually a ploy for oldfags to get rid of all the reddit newfags, who came here to discuss TFA.

You are clearly new.
>>
>>64519502
TFA is also a sequel that takes place in the same universe. Plot similarities would be more likely.
>>
File: 1449360880485.jpg (35KB, 640x652px) Image search: [Google]
1449360880485.jpg
35KB, 640x652px
>>64519402
when you have a time machine anything is possible

even saving her
>>
>>64518832
Fucking rights my childhood. I did not grow up reading the Darkhorse comics to see this shit, TFA, completely fuck over the universe. Too many plot holes for it to be enjoyable. I really wanted to see Luke join the cloned Emperor as a ruse to fucking kill him once and for all and then a sequal showing Luke struggle with the dark and light side and the third could have been about his new jedi academy on Yavin 4 where he teaces Hans and Leias children to be jedi and then we can have that edgy fucking fucciboi go on his darkside trip and then TFA would make sense. BUTNOOOOO WE NEED LIBERAL ARTS IN MOVIES TO PLEASE THE SJW SO THEY CAN FEEL GOOD.

JUST....
>>
>>64520904
Please seek help
>>
>>64521011
Will you helpme?
>>
>>64521057
Just accept tfa as a new story that you can ignore and just read all the EU stuff and enjoy yourself without thinking about canon.
>>
>>64518708
please elaborate
>>
>>64521484
'no'
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.