[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you guys buy the canon novel today? Reminder this novel is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

Did you guys buy the canon novel today? Reminder this novel is canon and expands upon the movie.
>>
>>64516286

I don't care if it's cannon. It's shit just like the movie.

I won't pay to read the novelization of an Episode IV remake.
>>
>>64516348
>cannon
>>
>>64516286

> Cannon

Mickey-Wars fanboy detected. Honestly I have no idea why you manchildren give so much fucks about the dumbed down incest children of a great saga.
>>
>>64516286

It doesn't matter if it is canon if George Lucas had nothing to do with it, like with this pointless rehash of a new hope, then it is fan fiction.
>>
>Buy
>>
>>64516286
I'm not paying for DLC for a movie, a trash movie at that
>>
>>64516387

I still don't get why people think the Star War Legends continuity is shit. It had moral ambiguity, it had fucking lore, it expanded upon everything instead of that black and white disney shit.

I can't honestly believe people like this Disney bland kiddie crap.
>>
>>64516286

Are you referring to aftermath?
Or is it something new?
>>
>>64516451
They hate it because Chewbacca dies and because there is no Dengar.

Also because this new generation of fans is the same generation that cares for MLP and Steven Universe. If it's not simple and pretty they can't handle it.
>>
>>64516384
>Cannon
>>
>>64516286

>paying for books
>>
>>64516528
>generation that cares for MLP
That's mostly 30 yr old fat neckbeards.

Hardly the new generation of fans.
>>
File: Ysalamiri.jpg (84KB, 500x654px) Image search: [Google]
Ysalamiri.jpg
84KB, 500x654px
>>64516451

I wholeheartedly agree. These things were my favorite new concept. The idea of a species that can counteract the force is awesome. Too bad there is nothing new in the Disney sequels.
>>
>>64516614

Don't deny that this raging wave of manchildren that like kids cartoons and make threads about it aren't the same ones making BB-8 and TR-8R memes and calling this one the best film of the series.
>>
>>64516388
What did he mean by that?
>>
>>64516451

The only thing people bitch about Legends seems to be Midichlorians.

I honestly don't understand why people bitch about these so much. It's an universe based on advanced tech and science, why is it so stupid to think that they've figured out why some people are force sensitive and others are not.

In an universe of blasters and starships, cloning and lightsabers, is it that far fetched to think there is a cell some people are born with that can act as antennas to the force?
>>
>>64516286

it brings me deep, deep shame that there are human beings on this planet who read those kinds of books

ever consider picking up an actual book?
>>
File: 1450719573495.jpg (277KB, 648x960px) Image search: [Google]
1450719573495.jpg
277KB, 648x960px
>>64516286
>>
Where can I get it for free?
>>
File: Rhdjshsg.jpg (311KB, 777x905px) Image search: [Google]
Rhdjshsg.jpg
311KB, 777x905px
>>64516729
That she is the grandchild of kenobi
>>
>>64516755
books are for faggots
>>
>>64516678
Nope, MLP fags like the prequels because they're shiny.
>>
>>64516750

Midichlorians are canon.
>>
>>64516893
DELETE THIS
>>
>>64516946

Why do people keep bitching about them so much?
>>
File: 1431811807308.jpg (53KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1431811807308.jpg
53KB, 640x480px
>>64516771
haha xD
enlightened gentleman :P
I tip m'fedora for you good sir ;)
>>
>>64516975

Reddit.
>>
>>64516975
Because somehow it ruins their perception of the Force being PURE MAGIC LOL. And it ruins their fandom of them being force-sensitive.

Honestly giving a biological explanation as to why some people can be magical and other cannot is perfectly fine with me and gives the lore some depth.
>>
>>64516771
Jesus. One of the last conventions Roddy Piper attended there was some stupid fedora there telling him how he's the only one in his college who "got" they live.
It was the most cringe inducing shit I've ever seen.

Are you that guy, anon?
Did you kill Roddy Piper with cringe?
>>
>>64517057

The only thing that would give the lore more depth is if there was some kind of antimichlorian which counteracted the force instead of harnessing it. Most particles have antiparticles. These beings counteract the force could be expressed in an alien species like say the Ysalimiri. But nah Disney says we can't expand the lore anymore or introduce any new original concepts its just Marvel movies from here on out.
>>
>>64516384
>calls people manchildren
>spends time on /tv/ complaining about space movies that aren't as good as his favorite space movies
>>
>>64516771
So Star Wars WASN'T about merchandising before Disney bought it?
>>
>requiring a novel for a movie to make sense

is this where we are now
>>
>>64516451
Star Wars didn't need an abundance of ambiguity. The original trilogy had everything it needed and presented it within the compelling context of one guy's journey. That's all Star Wars ever needed to be.

I can understand the appreciation for the EU, but the idea it's superior to the original movies themselves is laughable to me. It's just superfluous. Not unlike these new movies or the prequels.
>>
>>64516507
Star Wars: The Force Awakens, the novel

The first New Hope novel in 1976 that was written by that guy is also the author of this novel.
>>
>>64516893
- I'm weak. I will never be a great Jedi master.
- But you will, Ben, and I want to be your padawan.
>>
>>64516348
>yet another salty contrarian
Into the trash you go loser
>>
>>64516451
It was fucking poopoo and you're poopoo if you thought any of it was good. There's a reason Disney nuked it all.
>>
>>64516451
Han Solo fought a space otter
>>
>>64516771
>>> reddit.com/r/im14andthisisdeep
>>
>>64516771
Hahah upboated. :)
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.