[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone seen this? The opening scene is weird af. Some funny parts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (54KB, 300x444px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 300x444px
Anyone seen this? The opening scene is weird af. Some funny parts but seemed too artsy at times.
>>
/tv/: the movie
>>
I know it's bad, but I love it.
Same thing with Entertainment.

I like Rick Alverson.
>>
Why was LCD Soundsystem in this movie? Is he just Tim and Eric's buddy irl?
>>
>>64514915
>Tim and Eric
Its shit.
>>
guess you just didn't GET IT anon
>>
>>64514970
more like Tim & Eric Awful Show
>>
It's not supposed to be "funny". It's a crushing indictment of the 4chan mindset.
>>
>>64514956
The part where he's talking to his dad's nurse about wiping his ass and taking his shitbag and prolapsed anuses had me laughing.
>>
>>64514915
I couldn't get passed the gardener scene. So much cringe.
>>
>>64515044
What was even going on then? Is that his dad's house or what?
>>
Rewatched it last night as a matter of fact, excellent film. Part of its effectiveness lies in what Alverson and co. eschew. There is no straight man or woman, no one calls him out on anything. So the audience is left to do so, at least in sentiment, repulsion, disbelief, ultimately sadness. Beautifully directed. I can't believe Tim didnt get a writing credit, a lot of it felt like him ad-libbing or his brand of humor. Watched Knight of Cups a couple days before and there are some parallels. Both polemics against going through life detached, unphased, above it all, not forming meaningful relationships, etc. But yea, uncompromising, brutal, funny, very good.
>>
>>64515090

uh, no? he was talking to the owners during the scene
>>
>>64514968

Yeah, I mean, he fit somehow, he's the ultimate sort of hipster man babby in a way, but it's also kinda distracting.
>>
>>64515090

Come on man. Close 4chan for a couple hours next movie.
>>
>every single taxi scene
>>
love this movie. the scene where he just sits there watching the girl having a seizure with that blank look on his face is so creepy
>>
>>64515013

It really is. That whole Hitler conversation was so fucking realistic, it hurt.
>>
>>64514987
It's pretty straightforward and simple actually, there's nothing pretentious about it.

It's a character study about a rich, lazy, snob, sad loser and his hipster friends.
>>
File: tim in the comedy.jpg (24KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
tim in the comedy.jpg
24KB, 640x360px
>>64515228

>SHUT UP! SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Tim can be spooky as Swanson. Damned good actor.
>>
>>64515261

not that anon, agreed, but it does seem like OP expected a fun comic romp
>>
>>64515246
God I hated that scene in a good way that shit was unsettling
>>
>>64514915

This is a bona fide 4 star movie. Seriously.

Went over a lot of peoples' heads.
>>
>>64514946
this
>>
>>64515350
I think she was pretending to have a seizure, and he was in on it. That's why he didn't react.

Maybe I thought that 'cause I didn't wanna believe he was weird on that level.
>>
>>64514915
You just don't get it.
>>
>>64515510

Nah, i mean it's jarring so I get how you could be confused but it was legit. Gruesome scene, especially as he was just about to take her panties off and have sweaty broat sex.
>>
i give it two and a half popcorns and maybe a box of swedish fish and my car keys
>>
>>64515510
I think she was pretending, because of that relatively quick time skip after she "has it" and that embarrassed look on her face afterwards when they get off the boat

I think the girl has similar degrees of problems same as the main character, but still clearly more grounded
>>
>>64515654
>relatively quick time skip

We don't know how much time passed or what took place. She likely was embarrassed and maybe a bit put off that he acted like a legit creep and not an endearing flirty work pal creep.
>>
>>64514968
yeah he's their friend and a fellow aging hipster

fit right in
>>
>>64515228

>NO TIP
>>
Great character study of the trust fund/spoiled Brooklyn hipster types who care more about ironic jokes than being sincere and honest with one another.
Its a very niche movie in that you really have to be aware of the subculture the film is about to get it, but since i live in NYC and know some characters like this the movie seemed perfectly accurate.
>>
>>64514915
he looks like the guy from tim and eric
>>
>>64515277
The scene where he's leaving the hospital, walking down the hall, he's giving this angry, dead stare at nothing that's just fucking sinister.
>>
>>64515703
It's just that from earlier scenes I got a vibe from the girl that she's on a similar mindset as the main character, but maybe acting on it differently

having that seizure could have just been a prank to see "I wonder how this guy will react to me"

Also the fact that it is kind of ambiguous with the jump cut following the seizure, flows really well with the overall muddled post-ironic themes of the film. The ending really heightens that aspect when he starts playing on the beach with that kid.
>>
What kind of movie is this? I hear its really bleak and depressing, which is my type of movie t b h
>>
shittiest movie I have seen in a while.
Girl at the end was a qt waifu tier tho.
>>
>>64516178
>what kind of movie is this?

read the thread
>>
>>64516024
>It's just that from earlier scenes I got a vibe from the girl that she's on a similar mindset as the main character, but maybe acting on it differently

Yeah i can see that. I think she got in over her head w/ him. Thought it was just banter she could handle and didnt realize it's his entire psyche.
>>
Tim and Eric's billion dollar movie = 4chan

The Comedy = reddit

/thread

Updated Thread status:
[X] Served
[ ] Not served

Exiting thread.
>>
>>64516178
it's funny and a bit bleak

it's only depressing if you live in a bubble or something
>>
>>64514915
I've heard it's better than TFA
>>
>>64516314
hello reddit
>>
>>64516314
upvoted
>>
It's funny because the characters in the Comedy are basically just Sam Hyde and co in real life.
>>
>>64516314
This.
>>
>>64516314
>>64517827
all me btw
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 407x405px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 407x405px
>>64517849
>>
>>64516463
Having met Sam I'd say this isn't true at all

He seems quite genuine actually. I don't think MDE would work if it was all irony.
>>
>>64517849
>>64518025
BTFO
>>
anyone got a decent torrent? can only find a 800mb one that probably looks like shit
>>
The Comedy actually has some enjoyable parts and an intriguing character.

Entertainment is probably the most boring and pretentious thing I've ever seen in my life.
>>
Come on you guys, she was having a real seizure. Tim was a fucking sociopath but even he knew he couldn't do anything about it.
>>
>>64515090
If this is serious;
Tim's character is a wealthy man who has nothing to do all day other than get a rise out of people by messing with them - anything to keep boredom away and to not think about his dying father.
He tries to do one good thing by helping out some gardeners working on a house near his dad's, and he tries to persuade the owners to let the real gardeners have a swim in their pool because he wanted to see what their reaction would be.
They said yes, but then started saying "but they need to do x first...etc" at which point Tim's character has had enough since it wasn't the reaction he wanted, and was disappointed.
>>
Favorite movie of that year, I loved James Murphy being in it
>>
The hobo dicks and taxi scene make this film. I give it four bags of popcorn.
>>
>>64518784

I'm sorry for you, Entertainment was brilliant. A better film all around than The Comedy.
>>
>>64521733
The hobo dick one was so god damn funny
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 554x369px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 554x369px
>>64522432
>I didn't like a movie
"I feel sorry for you."
>>
>>64518025
nice reddit reaction image with impact text reddit font + reddit opinion

>>64518206
hello reddit
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.