[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>high ground > 30 inches Why is Lucas such a hack?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: High_ground.png (2MB, 1919x816px) Image search: [Google]
High_ground.png
2MB, 1919x816px
>high ground
> 30 inches

Why is Lucas such a hack?
>>
i'll bite

its the fact that vader had to jump behind ben

and that it means being in the air longer

even with your idea of 30 inches means more than a split second of air time for vader

if jedi are really all so powerful a millisecond is a life time in battle

bait
>>
File: 1452011086417.png (2MB, 1919x816px) Image search: [Google]
1452011086417.png
2MB, 1919x816px
>>64512831
>vader had to jump behind ben

no he didn't
>>
File: kek.jpg (337KB, 883x928px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
337KB, 883x928px
>Not knowing the High Ground was moral and not literal
>>
i wonder how george came up with this high ground shit
>>
>>64512915
But if he jumped there Ben would've had a high ground of more than 60 inches, which is a significant advantage.
>>
>>64512915
well i mean here you're just throwing the whole "only 30 inches" thing right off the table

that ground is way lower than obi-wan's high ground. i think.

jesus even the perspective is really fucked up in this scene. what the fuck is this
>>
Why didn't Anakin just walk around and up?
Or even jump to the side?
>>
>>64513147
Obi Wan was standing on a hill, he still would have had the high ground.

Anakin's only option was to jump over Obi Want so he could try and gain the high ground himself
>>
Congrats, you win the autism award of all times
>>
>>64511542
I don't think that was meant LITERALLY. He just said it like 'I'm on top Anakin, I'm righteous and you have fallen below this'
Its still stupid but I think Lucas wanted it to be like pottery

If Annie was any smarter, he'd jump on that other rock to his left and then HE'D HAVE A HIGHER GROUND
>>
>le high ground meme
>look for proof
>yep, he had the high ground
Are you autistic perhaps?
>>
What is the enterprise doing in the background
>>
>>64511542
That platform clearly has controls. Why didn't he just raise it up a few feet so he had the high ground?
>>
>>64511542

Maybe he just meant to say Anakin was losing.
>>
maybe it's a lack of perspective or poor cinematography but the motherfucker had been making impossible jumps before and in the previous film jumping over hover cars like nothing.

it just seems arbitrary this jump was the impossible one.
>>
>>64514403
It's impossible because there is a highly skilled man with a lightsaber waiting to fuck you up

>>64512973
"Wouldn't it be funny if Obi Wan said he had the moral high ground but he was actually on higher ground"

I always took this as one last sarcastic joke from Obi Wan, almost out of desperation, reaching out to Anakin in the way they used to always joke together when they were friends, the way he delivers "I have the high ground", he kind of smiles/laughs but seems melancholic simultaneously
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 250x246px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 250x246px
>>64515137
its literal and figurative, yes.
>>
>>64511542
>that chart
>I can't into perspective
>>
I still don't understand this scene.
Anakin's clear option is to get to Obiwan and continue the fight on equal ground.
Instead Obiwan warns him about not making a retarded overhead jump that he had no reason to make in the first place.
And then he does it anyway
>>
>>64515478
Anakin is arrogant, he doesn't just want to kill Obi Wan, he wants to do it in the coolest, most stylish way possible to prove to him that he is the ultimate badass and most powerful force user in all the galaxy

Remember the dialogue between Anakin and Padme
>You're not all powerful
>I should be
>>
>>64511542
>assuming they are equal distance from the viewer
and that's why you can't math
>>
>>64515137
It's only occurred to me that the jump is basically obiwans move.
Used it against darth maul twice as a Parawan and prob countless other times throughout the trilogy

Employing such a move would work against any other opponent. But because it was kenobis move he knew the exposed weak points .

"Don't try it" don't try and use my move against me you fucking little shit.
>>
>>64515526
those were times where you couldn't just chop someone down without doing a sick spin first
>>
>>64516152
Not if you're Anakin "I Should Be All Powerful" "Edgelord" "I Make Kylo Ren Look Like Mr. Rodgers" Skywalker
>>
>>64515872
Yeah I'm pretty sure the way Obi Wan kills Maul is supposed to rhyme with the way Obi Wan wrecks Anakin
>>
>>64516262
he definitely realised it wasn't that important before killing obiwan in a new hope. obiwan could still be seen doing sick spins though.
>>
>>64513261
>he hasn't seen the dbz /fit/ line graph
>>
File: 1451063474841.jpg (18KB, 450x190px) Image search: [Google]
1451063474841.jpg
18KB, 450x190px
>>64511542
From his point of view he had the high ground
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.