[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't Lucas just take these aside and say

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7

File: comiccon-panels-star-wars-02~01.jpg (51KB, 499x380px) Image search: [Google]
comiccon-panels-star-wars-02~01.jpg
51KB, 499x380px
>"You know you guys wouldn't even have careers if it wasn't for me, right? If you were really my friends, you wouldn't join JJ in this soulless cashcow no matter how much money Disney offered you."

Why didn't he just do that?
>>
File: THX1138-clean.jpg (151KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
THX1138-clean.jpg
151KB, 1280x1024px
He did. They told him to fuck off.
>>
Hello reddit!
>>
Hamil would disagree about the quality of the upcoming movies.

Fisher would be offended that he'd try to manipulate them like that.

And Harrison Ford would just not give a fuck.
>>
Because Lucas doesn't give a shit about actors.
>>
>>64507093

If Lucas was so worried about successors shitting all over the SW legacy, why didn't he just not sell?
>>
>>64507093
>>64507093
so far lucas has been involved in 2 great star wars films and JJ in just one great star wars film
>>
>>64507210
Because he's mentally ill

There was no point selling, it's like what does he intend to do with all that money, it's basically unspendable
>>
>>64507093
There was interview a couple of years ago where Hamill hinted that George was fairly distanced and cold to him when his star waned.
He didn't sound reproachful or anything, but there's probably no friendship at stake here.
>>
>>64507093
Because they wouldnt listen to a whiny manchild who got blinded by dollar signs and cant handle that someone manage to make a devent star wars after hks failures. Even if it is just a rehash
>>
Because it's petty, immoral, and possibly illegal to intentionally sabotage and decrease the value of a property that you purposely sold and accepted money for.
>>
Carrie wanted an extra swimming pool full of heroin.
>>
the fact that JJ got the drug abusing alcoholic fisher to shoot more than one scene without stabbing anyone or taking a shit on the set is a testament to his directing skills
>>
>>64507093
Hamill already had a steady career as an actor and Ford always had carpentry to fall back on.
>>
Harrison got paid a buttload to be in the first movie and die, finally being out of the franchise
Hamil have posted several tweet saying fans shouldnt expect to much, he is clearly aware of the movies faults
Fisher is so far gone I dont think she care anyway
>>
>>64507093
>Lucas and "soulless" in the same sentence
>>
>>64507401
No it isn't.
>>
they probably got forced no matter what like Bill Murray in the upcoming Ghostbusters movie
>>
>>64507093
You know there's a reason why they actually came back at all and Lucas not directing is probably part of it.
>>
File: 1450306420518.jpg (98KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1450306420518.jpg
98KB, 640x480px
>>64507093
>implying directors give a shit about actors
>>
File: No7mn.jpg (15KB, 385x383px) Image search: [Google]
No7mn.jpg
15KB, 385x383px
Lucas is way more pervert and subtle than this. He didn't go to the actors for they needed the cash. He went to Williams instead.
>>
>>64507251
>it's like what does he intend to do with all that money, it's basically unspendable
I dont know about you but no matter how much money I had I know that I could definitely find a way to spend every last cent
>>
>Lucas is good meme

Probably one of the dumbest memes on /tv/ 2bh
>>
>>64507210
Because he believes in the rights of an artist.

And I agree with him.
>>
>>64507381
>heroin
Do you even drugs bro?
>>
>>64507251
he donated it all to charity
>>
>>64507210
He thought he could sell it and have people begging him to come back.

He didn't realize no one will ever want him back.
>>
>>64507162
this
>>64507197
and this

Also, no one cares that this autistic spaz is shitter shattered over the ramifications of his own life's decisions.
>>
>>64507567
Because you're an idiot.

Once you hit a certain figure, the money can sustain itself indefinitely no matter how much you spend. Apart from being defrauded, it is impossible to spend a billion dollars and accrue no net worth.
>>
>>64507549
I think you may be on to something.
>>
>>64507370
True, but I don't think that Sperg Lucas is capable of thinking things through quite that far.

>white slavers
>>
>>64507093
So Lucas can sellout to Disney for billions, but the actors can't take working jobs?
>>
File: 155678987600.jpg (164KB, 1200x827px) Image search: [Google]
155678987600.jpg
164KB, 1200x827px
>>64507093
>listening to butthurt Lucas and disappointing fans of the OT

They'd be assholes if they did that.
>>
>>64507685
>d. Apart from being defrauded, it is impossible to spend a billion dollars and accrue no net worth.
No?

I get your point, that you'd have to spend outrageously to spend a billion dollars (go figure), but twice now you implied or outright stated that it was literally not possible to spend a billion dollars. Of course it is. Buy an absurd amount of houses, planes, cars, bling, property, buildings, companies, invest in dumb shit, or whatever. A billion will disappear real quick and right fast if you're just careless enough.
>>
>>64507093
>>"You know you guys wouldn't even have careers if it wasn't for me, right?
Ford: "And you wouldn't have a career if it weren't for the woman who çucked you with the gardener. Grow up and get a man's haircut while you're at it, George–GOD DAMN IT stop crying on my shoes, they're Italian."
>>
>>64507716
Hamill: "Do I have to get my ass kicked in every scene?"
Ford: "You can write this shit but that doesn't mean people can say it."
Fisher: "These are wicked 'ludes, Cosby is the best"
>>
>>64507093
Because "hey, you know how I totally sold Star Wars to Disney fo' tons of cash, washing my hands of it and giving up any say in the future development, don't sell out like me." Probably wouldnt have went over well.

It sucks the actors are getting old, I could totally see Disney rebooting from ep VII in 10 or 15yeara, once everyone stops trying to deny JewJew the hack fucked up.
>>
>>64508787
>I could totally see Disney rebooting from ep VII in 10 or 15yeara
By which time the actors are voicing digital puppets who look identical to the OT versions

What's the prob pham
>>
>>64507093
>Hey assholes, remember that time I made a fortune to last a lifetime on a bunch of shitty kiddy films and toys and other merchandise? Yeah fuck you, guys
>>
File: 1439701395522.jpg (46KB, 455x463px) Image search: [Google]
1439701395522.jpg
46KB, 455x463px
>>64507093
>/tv/ is so triggered by a black and a woman being the main characters of the new movie that they're willing to crawl back to lucas and act like he's been misunderstood all along
>>
>>64508822
Nothin' Im down.
>>
>>64508787
>rebooting from ep VII
Please no, if they're going to reboot anything, I'd rather they just threw all of it in the trash and started from the beginning with actually competent writers

Fix all of it from the OT to the prequels and the sequels and the Clone Wars and Rebels, there's just way too much stupid fucking garbage in the mix
>>
>>64508870
>JJ not a massive hack who makes generic action movies sprinkled with other people's old ass ideas to blind people with nostalgia.

I hated the prequels, still do. But I'd rather have Lucas fucking up his own story, and taking risks, then some massive studio rehashing the same stories and playing it safe. And its not like TFA is better than the prequels, its basically on the same level, worse in my opinion.
Ideally I'd like Lucas to make a good movie, but if anyone is going to fuck it up, it should be him.
>>
>>64508915
Maybe the prequels could be redone, although really for the most part they just need to be re-edited.

But the OT is Star Wars.
>>
>>64509106
Sure, I just don't think you can successfully mix the OT with anything new

So leave the OT to be what it is and make another Star Wars continuity that's completely separate
>>
>>64509141
But retell Luke and Vader and the Empire and all that jazz?

Or do what JJ is doing and make the same movie only more PC?
>>
OP, you know that Lucas got them to join EP VII right?

He literally was the one who met with them first and asked them.
>>
I'm sure Jake Lloyd is grateful
>>
>>64507093
they are the only star wars cast likeable IRL. all others are simply...no. (hayden, portman, ridley, boyega...i guess isaac is ok)
>>
>>64509210
Retell I guess but with like the idea those events have passed down through word of mouth and this is somebody completely different telling the story of Luke or something I don't know
>>
>>64507093
Why would he say that, he sold it to them for money. Its all about $$. Maybe 15% is love for SW, but come on.. its a huge industry and always was
>>
George Lucas personally asked them to be in TFA.

THEY are the ones who didn't want to do it:
http://www.businessinsider.com/star-wars-episode-vii-mark-hamill-felt-forced-into-returning-2015-4
>>
>>64509430
Lucas haters btfo
>>
>>64507401
and honestly, all of her scenes seemed oddly cut, like she kept fucking up the takes. I think she was rusty as hell.
>>
>>64509826
not rusty, just eccentric
>>
I really doubt Lucas was ever "friends" with any of his actors.
>>
>>64508417
But you could always just SELL the stuff that you buy and make it liquid cash again.
>>
>>64507093
- Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher's acting careers were failures. Inb4 muh joker, only nerds give a shit.
- They never liked George anyway. In fact, Harrison Ford hated to be there, he wanted Han Solo to die.
>>
>>64510666
>Guinness thought it was a disgrace to his career
>Ford hated it
>Fisher was probably just high and/or sucking cocks
So actually nobody who was involved actually liked it, except Mark Hamill I guess
Didn't he like tour the conventions and shit like a motherfucker?
>>
>>64510728
Actors are narcissistic by nature and only on the conventions Mark Hamill is worshipped. On the real world, he's just a washed up actor that most people wouldn't recognize on the street
>>
>>64510728

I seriously doubt Hamill actually liked Lucas either.
>>
>>64507093
>this soulless cashcow
>Lucas' over-merching The Phantom Menace
>>
>>64510943
How could anyone? The only way no one wanted to return for tpm was if tgey hated working with lucas and they did.
>>
>>64507549
>>64507687

This.

Lucas's best friend in the Star Wars circle is definitely Williams. He knew that the most subtle way to decimate the film was to pull on a sure card
>>
>>64511856

Why would Lucas want them to return for TPM any way? Their characters weren't even born.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.