[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Never seen Star Wars before >Thought i'd give it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: starwars.png (20KB, 776x141px) Image search: [Google]
starwars.png
20KB, 776x141px
>Never seen Star Wars before
>Thought i'd give it a try cause of all the hype of the new movie
>See this
>Years are all weird

So in which order do I watch this? How come they made the 3rd movie in 2005 and the 4th in 1974?

And am I gonna like it?
>>
I just emailed JJ this topic, you're fucking screwed asshole
>>
>>64505214
who the fuck is JJ?
>>
File: hillary.gif (1MB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
hillary.gif
1MB, 499x499px
>>64505197
No you're going to hate it.
>>
IV A New Hope, V The Empire Strikes back and then VI Return of the Jedi
Don't watch episode I, II or III
>>
I, II, and III got rereleases starting in 1999. Those versions are the new ones.

IV, V, and VI are getting set for rereleases after this new trilogy.
>>
>>64505241
yeah i like sci-fi but not sci-fi sci-fi.

An occasional ayy lmao movie is fine with me but im afraid this shit is just too much sci fi for me

>>64505242
how so? and why are the years all weird??
>>
>>64505266
im still confused, why are the years all weird on my box set?
>>
>>64505197
those better be the theatrical releases of the originals
>>
>>64505197
You watch them in reverse order. VI, V, IV, III, II, I.

Star Wars is about a time battle in space. Only way to see it is backwards.
>>
>>64505276
>how so? and why are the years all weird??
George Lucas started with episode IV to make it seem bigger or something.
>>
>>64505294
>box set

HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA

AH HAHAHAHAHAAHA

good one.
>>
>>64505306
>>64505313
is this true? they really started with 4?

so I should watch them in order of years and not of numbers?

Really? it seems retarded
>>
The original film was A New Hope. It was just Star Wars. Then came the two sequels, Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. These are considered the "original trilogy".

Then in 1999 Lucas released the first of 3 prequels, Episode 1, The Phantom Menace. So the original trilogy became episode IV, V and VI. The numbers might have already been a thing, I don't remember.

The Prequels are shit, the Original trilogy is fantastic. Feel free to watch the prequels, they're still fun and build on the world, they're just retarded and shit on the lore at times.
>>
>>64505344
No you are supposed to watch 4 to 6 and skip 1 to 3

You seem retarded.
>>
File: guyfieri_0179_pkg_resized.jpg (56KB, 825x550px) Image search: [Google]
guyfieri_0179_pkg_resized.jpg
56KB, 825x550px
>>64505344
I watched them in the order I-VI and I turned out just fine
>>
>>64505369
well I am on 4chan so yeah i do have some mental issues

but im just confused, my autism cant handle it. Mostly I watch things starting from 1 and now i need to start on 4 and its bothering me
>>
>>64505350

DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS FAGGOT

he's feeding misinformation and trolling the world
>>
>>64505197
Lucas made Episodes IV-VI originally (they were originally I-III, he retconned the numbering) and then went back and made "prequels" decades later. The prequels are generally regarded as pretty terrible.

I'd recommend you just watch the original trilogy, IV-VI. The prequels suck.

If you really want to watch the prequels, use the Machete Order: IV, V, II, III, VI. http://www.nomachetejuggling.com/2011/11/11/the-star-wars-saga-suggested-viewing-order/ goes into why.
>>
IV - V - VI - III - II - I
In the chronological order of the release of the movies.
>>
>>64505385
So do you cut apart movies if they have a non-linear narrative?
Is the concept of prequel that fucking new to you?

Skip 1-3 watch 4-6 and take your autism meds.
>>
>>64505197
>YIFY tier encodes

please
>>
>>64505435
why would you make a prequel AFTER the movie

thats just weird

thats like if a show like breaking bad would suddenly make a show about walt being a kid or something
>>
>>64505197
>720p
>.mp4
>>
i...is this thread some kind of meme where you pretend to be brain damaged?
>>
>>64505473
Watch the movies or don't, just stop being autistic.
>>
>>64505510
dont joke about autists

and yes I WANT TO but I dont know where to start, or if I would like it anyway
>>
>>64505473
>why would you make a prequel AFTER the movie
This stopped being funny a while ago.
I get it, you pretend you are a newcomer who came here because episode 7 and you are acting like you a genuinely retarded.

It doesn't make me hate TFA, It doesn't make me hate reddit. All you are achieving is making TFA haters look petty.
>>
>>64505197
hurf blurf

epic bait brah
>>
>>64505547
nope im honestly retarded when it comes down to star wars

look at the fucking dates when I downloaded those movies, i have never seen it.

i do know the difference between star trek and star wars though but i honestly havent ever seen a movie

i just wanna know whats it all about and i want to understand the jokes and the memes

i have probably seen more from star wars in family guy than in the actual movies
>>
>>64505197
I almost took this seriously
>>
File: 36133724.jpg (151KB, 582x768px) Image search: [Google]
36133724.jpg
151KB, 582x768px
>>64505385
the chronological order as they were released is:

The original Trilogy
1977: A new Hope Episode IV
1980: Empire Strikes Back Episode 5
1983: Return of the Jedi Episode 6

The prequel Trilogy
1999: The Phantom Menace Episode 1
2002: Attack of the Clones Episode 2
2005: Revenge of the Sith Episode 3

Episode 4 can be seen as a stand alone movie, it was conceived as such, because at the time Lucas was afraid to not be able to continue making Star wars movies. No one believed in the project except for a handful people.

Im an oldfag, therefore I would recommend to watch them in that release order, but if you want to go through them from episode 1 to 6 in timeline order it's fine. However you will miss out on a massive revelation during the original trilogy in this case, because you would have seen the prequels.
>>
>>64505625
>>64505562

>hurr durrr someone doesnt know south park it must be fucking bait

kill yourself
>>
>>64505525
I'm not joking, you said you're actually autistic. Your question has been answered multiple times. Take your pick which order you watch them in. Release order is generally the accepted rule for anything anyway
>>
>>64505645
*star wars
>>
>>64505633
>However you will miss out on a massive revelation during the original trilogy in this case
Oh Darth Vader is Luke's father.
Whoopdy-fucking-doo.
that has been part of pop-culture for ages.
Unless you have seen empire at release this shit has been spoiled for you.
>>
>>64505197
Do yourself a favor and redownload them in not shit quality.

720 needs to be at least 4-5GB. You've got a bunch of 1 gig files. They're gonna be horrendous looking.
>>
>>64505796
nah i dont mind really, its yifi i think so it should be good

dont wanna waste fucking bandwidth and hdd space for slightly better quality, my tv is far from the sofa so you cant really tell anyway
>>
>>64505837
you're the best :]
>>
>>64505871
no u
ok but thanks guys i will start with 4 IF im gonna watch it, but desu i dont feel like it really, i skipped a little through it to see the quality etc but it doesnt look that appealing to me honestly

but there arent many other movies so yeah
>>
>>64505414
edgy

it'd be SO epic if he watched the movies and was confused am I RIGHT guys!!
>>
>>64505235
founding member of kanjiklub who you should really tell about all this
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.