[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swg/ screenwriting general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: swg.jpg (3KB, 206x213px) Image search: [Google]
swg.jpg
3KB, 206x213px
Here is screenwriting time!

Get good tips.

Post log lines.

Get FREE feedback from your peers.

Meet Max Landis (Hey Max!)

Nice YT vids (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mnc8o257Yzg)

This isn't Star Wars General, this is /swg/!
>>
I have a killer script, how do I sell it?

I'm not posting it here. That would do nothing. How do I get an agent and sell this thing? It's fucking gold.
>>
File: angry.jpg (63KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
angry.jpg
63KB, 633x758px
Well, saw this thread, wanted to check my script and saw that I lost about half of it.

fuck my life
>>
>>64502591
Everything happens for a reason anon, it's all part of the process.
>>
>>64502294
If you need to ask, you aren't good enough to get an agent yet. My man, you fucking cuck.
>>
File: M2Qqo0f.jpg (397KB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
M2Qqo0f.jpg
397KB, 2448x2448px
>>
>>64502686
>>64502644

samefag
>>
File: BrWJMcwCcAAm4x5.jpg (20KB, 415x415px) Image search: [Google]
BrWJMcwCcAAm4x5.jpg
20KB, 415x415px
I have a killer skript, pretty spooky, video on how to get i's onit?
>>
You're all fedora-kin who eat beef jerky straight from the box and indulge frequently in Mountain Dew and Doritos. Take your script and shove it up your ass you dwellers
>>
>>64502710
Everyone samefags for a reason anon, it's all a part of the process.
>>
Anybody know of a good free script software? I hate using microsoft word.
>>
>>64502901
Trelby is one. I don't like it that much, but it'll do I guess.

Celtx can't be downloaded anymore I believe, but you can still use it online.
>>
>>64502901
WriterDuet
>>
>>64502591
Just rewrite it nerd. Why don't you have multiple saves anyway with different progress versions?
>>
>>64503298
Well, this was stupid of me, but I used the amazonstudio to help me with the script writing, I logged on and its gone.

Hopefully amazon didn't steal my idea.

I didn't lose all of it, but I lost about half and still have to old drafts.
>>
Anyone got any good idea they don't wanna write?
>>
>>64504531
I have a plethoria of ideas that I'll never have the time to explore, tell me your fav movies and what sort/style of script you're looking for and I'll give ya a few plots/stories/options.
>>
>>64506429
>fav movies

Not him but here are a few of mine:

Red Rock West
David Lynch films
The Good the Bad and the Ugly
Assault on Precinct 13

these are just some
>>
>>64503023
How is this? Ive heard good things about it. Is it better than FD 8?
>>
>>64506837
It's extremely intuitive and easy to use, and for the price (Free for the basic version), it's the best there is. Against FD 8, well, nothing will likely ever replace FD as the industry standard, but WD has been a lot less buggy in my experience than FD.
>>
This is one time when "go back to Reddit" is advice you should actually follow. /r/screenwriting and /r/filmmaking will be much more help than any threads on here, assuming you're seriously interested in the craft. These threads are just pathetic.
>>
>>64508042
If you think this is bad, the Skype group for these threads is ten times worse. Just people bitching about "meme shows" and complaining about depression.
>>
>>64506740
Sry for the slow response...

So some nonreligious yet mysteric/symbolic/traditional Good vs evil-concept (with a hint of semisleazy girls)?

My first thought is a modern variant of Brothers Karamazov, replacing the christianic aspects with some good old capitalistic story or perhaps instead go totally SF and have it all act out in a futuristic world.

What's your thoughts about this?

Gonna take a walk outside and see if I can sculpt out something from that or create a new plot based on the films you mentioned.

Will be back in a few hours, keep the thread alive if you want to hear some more.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.