[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Mookie throw the trash can? Did he do the right thing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: do-the-right-thing-2.jpg (37KB, 640x344px) Image search: [Google]
do-the-right-thing-2.jpg
37KB, 640x344px
Why did Mookie throw the trash can?

Did he do the right thing?
>>
I saw this, and i didnt get it.
>>
>Fuck your fucking pizza

What did he mean by this? Did he fuck the pizza?
>>
it wasn't "right", but it was the right response to the situation

the point is that achieving your goals violently will often cause enough destruction to make achieving your goals meaningless i.e. the retarded nigger putting up the picture after the pizza shop had already been burned down and abandoned. at the same time if violence is the only option you have left then it is a perfectly natural human response to resort to it

or at least that would have been the point if the argument for putting the pictures up made any sense in the first place. i mean putting up a bunch of pictures of niggers in a pizza joint just makes no sense from a decorative standpoint, let alone cultural, no amount of blacks eating there changes that. so from that it just kind of becomes a film about niggers chimping out when they don't get their way.
>>
nah he was reacting the way he felt he should have. he didn't want his community to look down on him. this movie is about how people get all rattled up and jump on the bandwagon.
>>
>>64499873
the title is a lesson.
>>
>>64499897
the lesson being chill out and don't be a stubborn angry lazy lying nigger.
>>
it was time for that family to get out of that hood at that point. like Mook said the insurance would cover it. better the shop get torn down than Sal and his son be attacked.

actually just watched this for the first time a couple nights ago. great movie.
>>
>>64499788
I felt like the movie was aware that wanting black people on the wall was a stupid reason to get angry, and that Radio was no "gentle giant" even though he didn't deserve to be killed. I'm confused by the quotes at the end. One condemns violence and one endorses it "if necessary". I'm not sure if I'm supposed to think that Mookie's throwing the trash can through the window was justified.
>>
I read a response where someone said that Mookie attacking the store turned the focus of the violence on physical property damage rather than actually hurting Saul and his sons. Whether Mookie meant to do this or not, him throwing the can may have actually saved Saul's life.
>>
>>64500440
That actually makes sense.
>>
Because blacks value life more than property
>>
File: radio raheem.jpg (100KB, 570x810px) Image search: [Google]
radio raheem.jpg
100KB, 570x810px
>walks around playing the same song all day
>refuses to turn his radio off even when inside a restaurant
>gets physically violent when his radio is destroyed
Was he autistic?
>>
>>64501277
good one
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.