[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would this have been legal?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: Trumanshow.jpg (41KB, 293x425px) Image search: [Google]
Trumanshow.jpg
41KB, 293x425px
How would this have been legal?
>>
JUST TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF BRO XD
>>
>>64498795

It's a dystopia film. I'm sure you didn't ask how it was legal for the Hunger Games to take place.
>>
how is lotr, star wars, harry potter, or anything like that realistic?
>>
>>64498795
can you imagine, though? if entertainment networks could legally adopt a person an broadcast his life in secret?
>>
>>64498795
A similar scenario was legal in Japan, albeit with partial knowledge:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasubi
>>
>>64498916
>When he was unblindfolded, he looked around, sighed, and took all of his clothes off. At which point the walls of the apartment fell away to reveal that he was in a TV studio with a huge live audience. He couldn't understand it because he thought the show had not yet been broadcast.

Holy fucking shit japan, you broke that man.
>>
>>64498795
It probably wouldn't have been.
Sometimes you tell an unrealistic story to get at real truths.
>>
The same way it's legal to chronicle your child's through video and share it with everyone especially when he the network was his guardian. Now whether or not it's realistic to have the network be able to adopt him is because it's actually a sci-fi movie where everyone is addicted to the media and the network had the power to do something like that and nobody cared expect for a few activists who knew it was wrong.
>>
>>64498916
I remember hearing a This American Life episode about this shit. They had an interview with the guy and apparently this wasn't the last time they tried this concept. Jesus Christ Japan, how can american reality TV even compete?
>>
>>64498916
Neat.
>>
maybe the real question is why the hell anyone watch what they are already experiencing.
>>
>>64498916
fucking hell japan
>>
>watch one of the best satires of modern times
>the only question that comes to Anon's mind is, "how would this have been legal"

I think you've missed the point. All the propaganda, everything in his life geared towards manipulating him to stop him from learning the truth and giving him his true freedom. Sound familiar?
>>
>>64498916
>broke him
Didn't it say he won a lot of money?
>>
>>64498916
>Nasubi reports that he is grateful for his experience and that the producer apologized to him. The producer, Toshio Tsuchiya, says he has no regrets and did not apologize, that his goal is to produce miracles on film, and with Nasubi, that is what happened.

god complex
>>
>>64498916
what the fug
>>
>>64499165
This is exactly what real life reality shows are about. In the movie though, the show was about him struggling with things only to overcome them and give people hope in their lives, while real life reality shows are nothing like that. It's either about boring people doing boring things or horrible people doing horrible things.

You know, if there was a real life show like The Truman Show, expect everyone knew they were an actor on a TV show playing out different roles in their fake lives, I'd probably watch that.
>>
>>
>>64498795
Make a reality show about a baby, legally the parents can agree to.
Everyone doesn't want it to end by the time he's an adult.
>>
>>64499215
>>64498983
>>64499491
A lot of it probably wasn't real.

Despite winning supposedly thousands of prizes, he only won a pair of panties. It's a nice joke, but hard to believe he never won anything to cover himself.

Idol version was fun too.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.