[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which is worse?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: vs.png (191KB, 404x300px) Image search: [Google]
vs.png
191KB, 404x300px
>>
The 3rd Hobbit is literally unwatchable
>>
>>64497370
Didn't watch Battle of the five armies. That's how bad it was.
>>
>>64497370
I hate to say it, but it's Battle of the Five Armies
>>
>>64497370
The Force Awakens
>>
3rd hobbit easily
>>
>meming this hard
For all their faults the hobbits were competently made. The prequels were not.
>>
>>64497398
this
this is such a god damned hard choice
overall though hobbit > prequels. There's at least 2 solid good hours of Hobbit even though BOFA is infinitely worse than even the prequels
>>64497502
I agree, sans BOFA
>>
>>64497370

The prequels by far at least there were good characters.

But Hobbit wounds are still fresh so people will defend the prequels more.
>>
The Hobbit is a much longer film. Therefore it's worse to endure.
>>
That image is smaller than I thought it was. This is specially Attack of the Clones vs. Battle of the Five Armies, not the trilogies as a whole.
>>
>>64497522
This appears to be the consensus on /tv/ and I don't get it. I thought AUJ and BOFA were both decent. DoS was the one that I fucking hated. It was so long, the 30-min action scene at the end sucked ass, and gandalf's subplot was unbelievably boring.
>>
It's either
>I don't like sand
or
>Legolas, your mother loved you

Honestly, I can't choose.
>>
>>64497986
>It was so long, the 30-min action scene at the end sucked ass, and gandalf's subplot was unbelievably boring.
exactly how I felt about it too, but apart from that garbage everything else was ok
BOFA was just that horrid ending action and Gandalfs shitty subplot but for 3 hours
>>
ugh this is actually hard
>>
>>64497959
AUJ>DoS>episode1>episode3>BotFA>episode2
Apparently Peter hated how hobbit 3 turned out due to him getting sick fucking up their work on the dialogue and the battle.
>>
>>64497370
BOTFA is only "bad" in that it's just one big long battle scene where nothing really happens and what should've been the final climax to the second Hobbit movie was painfully stretched out to feature length. So it's better than AOTA, which I may add is actually my favorite prequel movie.
>>
>>64497370
This pains me to say it but I'm going to have to say third Hobbit on this one.

Ugh.
>>
>>64498080

Desolation of Smaug is decent if you cut out all the stupid shit. You could literally make a better movie by only removing scenes.

The beginning and very end of Battle of the Five Armies could be added to the end of Desolation of Smaug and the series is condensed into 2 movies.
>>
>>64497370
I don't think I could watch the Hobbit a second time. I've already watched Ep2 many times.
>>
>>64497370

Hobbit.
>>
>>64497370
I remember feeling more upset about the third hobbit than I was about attack of the clones.
The friends I went to the theatre with actually like the third hobbit movie. I just silently judged them.
>>
>>64497370
if BofA had been anything near RotK, Hobbit would be GoaT... DoS is a weird movie but a great transition from adventure to a city/battle movie. Sadly, BofA was toooo much CGI
>>
I watched BOTFA and immediately couldn't remember a thing about the movie other than the ending.

At least AOTC was laughably bad. BOFTA was just uninteresting, and that is far worse for a movie.
>>
>>64498235
I recently watched a Hobbit fanedit condensing the three movies into one and it had like a whole fucking hour of BOFA. It was so dreadful
all I want it
>AUJ with the orcs cut out and saruman subplot cut our
>DOS with the end action scene, romance, and gandalf subplot removed
>literally 20 mins max of BOFA to tie up the plot
>>
I dont understand why they named it the Battle of the five Armies.
All it did was build up this huge epic battle that didnt have near as much at stake as any of the lotr battles. Then it couldn't even deliver.
The Hobbit: There and Back Again would have been a nice name and it wouldn't have gotten everybody's attention focused on a huge fucking battle.
I still liked it more than the full green-screen shit that was episode 2
>>
>>64497370

Hobbit, BY FAR.

The prequels are actually pretty decent films.
>>
>>64498477
go home saganfan1983
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lklgA1x8UTw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erFcYsC6JaY

AoTC > BOFA
>>
>>64498459

DOS: Remove romance, cut the barrel scene to them just escaping and none of that terrible action nonsense. Skip or heavily condense the gold melting scene, transition straight to the town battle. Skip to end of Battle of the Five Armies. Boom.
>>
>>64498553
>Why? Because PB is superior to BD in gore effects and other little tweaks
not gonna lie I didn't mind the barrel scene. I took it as fun kiddie schlock and thought it was OK. Felt the same way about it as I did the dwarves fighting their way out of Moria. It was interesting to me at least
>Skip ... the gold melting scene, transition straight to the town battle. Skip to end of Battle of the Five Armies. Boom.
the fanedit I saw dealt with the drama and bullshit of Thorin not wanting to pay his debts and the plot of how he got to dual the shitty cgi orc and die on the lake
wondering how you could make that transition without the convoluted and retarded plot
>>
I can sit through AotC when rewatching Star Wars and I literally was not able to finish BotFA on a rewatch. AotC is easily better
>>
>>64497502

It's a tough choice

I liked AUJ a lot, and I liked a good part of DoS

But BoFA was so fucking awful. It was just all over the place, it made no sense and there was no reason for it to exist.

But I think none of you have actually watched AotC in a long time. It's so fucking dull, I literally fell asleep last time I tried to watch it. It's so irredeemably bad

I'm gonna go with AotC
>>
The Hobbit movies were so disappointing.

Prequels win.
>>
>>64498774
The prequels were even more disappointing. Lucas had so much to work with and he dropped the ball on EVERYTHING.
>>
>>64497370

Probably Attack of the Clones. But they are both the worst movies in their franchises. The only thing that really puts the hobbit on top is that it doesn't have that fucking awful romance and the CGI is better.
>>
>>64498665
wow, I fucked up that first quote lmao
>>
>>64498963
>The only thing that really puts the hobbit on top is that it doesn't have that fucking awful romance and the CGI is better.
remember the 2nd and 3rd movies and realize this isn't even true
>>
>>64498963

>awful romance
>good CGI

hahahahahahahahahahahah

wrong

I forgive you though, I too tried to keep my eyes open for the last hobbit
>>
>>64498850
to-may-to, to-mah-to friend

i could sit down and watch the prequels, if i had to

i'll never watch the Hobbit ever again
>>
>>64497370
I was so disapointed with the Hobbit. The scene with Smaug was perfect, exactly like I envisioned when my dad read me the book as a kid. Peter Jackson did not need to alter one fucking thing from that book, the battle of five armies was a disgrace to all movies based off books.
>>
>>64499222

Yes, I actually kind of liked the 2nd Hobbit movie

the 3rd was entirely unnecessary and a farce
>>
>>64497370
Hobbit fuck you Peter Jackson for turning my favorite book your elven waifu fan fiction
>>
I tried watching AotC today and it was painful how bored I was by the end. I was groaning at the TV begging for it to be over, and this is during the Battle of Geonosis so I should've been excited. It had completely crushed my spirit.
>>
>>64497370
Clones, I guess.

I never cared for LOTR
>>
The 3rd Hobbit barely qualifies as a movie. It's just 2.5 hours of a pointless battle with mediocre CGI
>>
File: 1436247177265.webm (3MB, 638x360px) Image search: [Google]
1436247177265.webm
3MB, 638x360px
Tough choice, though I feel more pity for Jackson since he let the studios fuck him royally again for the right price. Lucas was doing what he thought was right.
>>
>>64497370
Hobbit battle of the five armies is complete fecal matter

unwatchable garbage
>>
File: 1355168122514.jpg (13KB, 613x533px) Image search: [Google]
1355168122514.jpg
13KB, 613x533px
>>64497573
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.