[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was her problem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

What was her problem?
>>
I did not enjoy this movie. And usually I lIke Charlie Kaufman but this fucking movie had me cringing the whole way through.

It was trying way too hard to seem "human" and portray subtle nuances in a way that they failed to replicate with puppets, making a lot of the more intimate moments fall totally flat.

It did succeed in the sense that it completely disconnected me from any sense of narcissism I might have been feeling before, because it was just so ridiculous watching these puppets deal with their "human conditions" that the entire idea of caring about said "human condition" felt suddenly idiotic.

And I understand that was probably Kaufman's message here, but holy shit this movie made me cringe. I don't like to throw the word "Reddit" around too loosely whenever I don't like something but...
>>
>>64495584
Also, she was just a moron, and the creepy self-obsessed protagonist projected onto her this special unique personality she never had to begin with. She was just an idiot like everyone else.
>>
Shut up Lisa
>>
>>64496951
I think that was the point
>>
>>64497076
Yeah it was the point. But the movie didn't seem 100 percent aware of the fact that the protagonist was just as much of an idiot as Lisa
>>
>>64497349
I think that was the point too. Michael is essentially a pervert and a sociopath.
>>
>>64497349
man, what? The film ultimately tore micheal apart. The movie showed him as a lonely piece of shit who doesn't deserve anyone.
>>
>>64497512
I hope so, but I was thrown off by the intentionally annoying dialogue from the other characters.

It's one thing for Michael to be interpreting everyone around him to be complete morons, but if we aren't meant to sympathize with Michael, it seems wrong to explicitly portray everyone around Michael as being legitimate morons.
>>
>>64497731
>implying he doesn't deserve the Japanese sex machine
>>
>>64495584
I mean, just look at her face.
>>
>>64497806
>but if we aren't meant to sympathize with Michael, it seems wrong to explicitly portray everyone around Michael as being legitimate morons.

this is a good point. i think we're supposed to sympathize with michael but realize that what he sees in lisa is bullshit.

even though everyone is trashing this movie, i kind of think this part of the film is really clever. it shows how we fall in love with people who aren't as special as we think they are, and we separate the outside world with this "us vs. them" mentality when really everyone is the same
>>
>>64498091
i feel that the film ultimately said that this mentality was masturbation, what with the japanese sex machine

it doesn't get anyone anywhere to never give anyone a chance
>>
>>64495584
The movie flopped because the main bitch is not sexy.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.