[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Prometheus kill the humans?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 10

File: wfhg.gif (3MB, 220x242px) Image search: [Google]
wfhg.gif
3MB, 220x242px
Why did Prometheus kill the humans?
>>
>>64483059
Bump
>>
For the dank memes
>>
I LIKE THIS MEME
>>
>>64483059
Is that Little Britain?
>>
>>64483059
>David translated some shit wrong, or intentionally fucked things up
>he saw them as abominations or unworthy
>he was grumpy after a long nap
>>
Because Damon Lindelof thought it would make the film more mysterious to have the scene, but cut the explanation part from it.

https://youtu.be/sQVFYLf8_eI
>>
>>64483059
it's never explained. So guess at it wildly. Based on the movie they were going to destroy earth and start again, but failed to do so because of an outbreak in their lab. When David talks to the awakened Promethean he greets it, then asks him the questions. The Promethean asks "why", his job was to exterminate humans and the earth, so he ends up killing everyone and tries to complete his mission.
>>
It's kinda ironic. Promethues was named after a god who helped bring fire and knowledge to the humans at the expense of his own safety and here we have this slut going all genocide
>>
>>64483059
He was a big guy. They were smaller guys.
>>
Because they'd only created man as prey for their true perfect creation, the Aliens.
>>
Any other movies with ancient alien ruins exploration like this but good?
>>
File: captain janeway of the ss smug.jpg (24KB, 450x360px) Image search: [Google]
captain janeway of the ss smug.jpg
24KB, 450x360px
>>64483059
He hadn't had his coffee yet. Never fuck with Prometheus Jr. before he's had his coffee.
>>
>>64483059
Because he could.
>>
>>64486788
Alien
and
Checked
>>
File: Insaneway.png (178KB, 700x674px) Image search: [Google]
Insaneway.png
178KB, 700x674px
>>64486817
This
>>
They weren't white enough
>>
>>64485238
>it was never explained

tagline for the entire fucking movie.
>>
>>64486855
I've seen Alien, it takes place on a ship and that's it. No ruins. Do the other Alien movies have ruins?
>>
>>64486946
>No ruins.
The very beginning. When they land on the planet. They're crawling around the space jockey's ship.

Other than that, not a lot of options. The Mars movie with Gary Sinise and Tim Robbins maybe?

Some shitty 70's and 80's b-movies that I can't think of.
>>
I thought it was said or implied in the movie that they planned on coming back to Earth around 2000 years ago, which coincided with Jesus at the time.
>>
>>64487148
>I thought it was said or implied in the movie
People were talking about it as a deleted scene, but I don't think it ever made it off the page.
>>
He was from /pol/meteus. They're racist.
>>
>>64485238
>it was never explained: the feature film
"What I have to write a story resolution? Fuck that!"
~Ridley Scott
>>
>>64487309
Ridley Scott doesn't write shit.

It was damon lindelof and 4 other people.
>>
>>64483059
because he fucking wanted to. why the fuck does he give a shit about them? same way you don't give a shit about flies and ants.
>>
>>64487345
Still attached his name/reputation to it, guess he wantedbhid new yacht to coast off the Alien reputation
>>
>>64487345
Are you fucking kidding me!?
Why do you people try to take all his credit away from him?
He is a fucking genius and he deserves all the credit.
>>
>>64487402
>same way you don't give a shit about flies and ants.
A fly or any isn't 1/2 my side.

I don't give a shit about dogs or deer, but I don't go around snapping their necks.
>>
>>64487458
>but I don't go around snapping their necks.
Pleb
>>
File: prom.jpg (82KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
prom.jpg
82KB, 1280x720px
cause he needed the chromosomes
>>
>>64483059
bad movie not worth discussing!
>>
>>64483059
Spergish retardation. Why do you think he was left behind?
>>
>>64487532
Prometheus is amazing, dude.
>>
>>64486788
Crystal Skull
>>
>>64487640
An amazingly bad joke to fans of Alien
>>
>>64483059
That;s horrifying
>>
>>64487714
Why?
>>
File: fdfdfd.png (740KB, 598x614px) Image search: [Google]
fdfdfd.png
740KB, 598x614px
>>64483059
We don't know yet, gotta wait for the next movie to find out, or perhaps he won't bother telling us.

However it's worth noting that the Engineers at the start are some what different to the ones later on in the movie.

I think they created humans and these new Engineers are like Space Nazis and they see Humans as a mistake and want to destroy us.

He saw David as an abomination, like a Nazi cradling a Jew child before he bashes its head in. How could something so disgusting be created? It surely must be eradicated.

I wouldn't be at all surprised with Ridleys lack of originality for the Engineers that he doesn't just turn them in to Space Nazis who created a weapon so powerful they lost control of it.
>>
File: 1339805637096.jpg (25KB, 403x311px) Image search: [Google]
1339805637096.jpg
25KB, 403x311px
>>
>>64483059
they weren't Aryan enough
>>
Pasta not poster, this board is ruined.
>>
File: 1451728638432.jpg (111KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1451728638432.jpg
111KB, 768x1024px
>>64487928
>he posted something I don't like, he ruined my internet
>>
>>64487990
What a qt.
>>
>>64487290
he spoke Proto-Indo-European
>>
>>64487435
Tell that to kanjiklub, Ridley.
>>
>>64487435
Tell me all the movies Ridley Scott wrote?
>>
>>64487435
It was superbly shot and looked fantastic, but that's it really. Script and story were a let down, the unscientific behaviour of the scientists killed the immersion.
>>
>>64487990
looks like my anus

;_;
>>
File: whatsgoingonhere.jpg (20KB, 631x347px) Image search: [Google]
whatsgoingonhere.jpg
20KB, 631x347px
>>64488240
I like this new meme.
>>
>>64488605
Tell that to kanjiklub
>>
>>64483059
Cause the Jews killed Jesus, jesus was an engineer that was sent here to guide us.

That's "what we did wrong"
>>
>preparing to infect earth after space hippie cult made humans
>fucking Pam releases the biological weapon early
>every one else is dying
>go into statsis waiting for a painless death or help
>some alien feeding stock has the audacity to revive me and demand i help him
>proceed with plan since im screwed anyway
>>
>>64483059
Because it needed to dissect them for information before returning to find its underwater city swamped by Shoggoths.
>>
>>64488688
I think there is an interview with Ridley where he pretty much says this.

Pretty weak ass story if that's it. Jesus was a fucking ancient Alien of super smart Engineers who for some reason thought it would be safe to hang around a bunch of savage man-apes in the middle east.
>>
File: yaddle 1.jpg (62KB, 500x509px) Image search: [Google]
yaddle 1.jpg
62KB, 500x509px
>>64489069
>yfw the bible left out the part about jesus being a 9ft tall albino
>>
Some interesting news on Promethe2
>face hugger is back
>chest burster is back
>multiple Davids
>redesigned Alien
>will be called Alien: Covenant.

http://www.prometheus2-movie.com/

Sounds like he caved in to the kids demanding the Alien back. He must have realised that he's a hack and he only got lucky with Alien and now he's gonna milk that cow some more.
>>
>>64489297
He talked for years about wanting to explore the origin of the aliens, and where they come from. A prequel.

When he gets the chance he half asses it.
>>
He was an edgy FAGGOT
>>
>>64489069
This is really dumb. Jesus was nothing special. There were thousands of "prophets", jesus only got super popular because the Romans tried to suppress his followers. It was blind luck that Christianity even took off.
>>
his job pre-coma was to take a plane and destroy the earth... why do you think he wouldn't kill humans right in front of him ?
>>
>>64489297
Prometheus was AMAZING. I feel bad if it's true he shouldn't be forced by idiots to reintroduce aliens if it isn't required by the storyline.
Glad Prometheus2 is already in the making anyway. Fuck yall
>>
File: BIG GUY FOR ME.png (760KB, 1280x715px) Image search: [Google]
BIG GUY FOR ME.png
760KB, 1280x715px
>>64491056
>why do you think he wouldn't kill humans right in front of him ?
Perhaps he wanted to know why you would create humanity before throwing them out of the plane.
>>
He was jealous of our repeating digits.
>>
>>64487786
H U S B A N D O
U
S
B
A
N
D
O
>>
>>64485271
A titan, you dumb nigger.
>>
You ready for this shit? Im gunna drop a bomb on this thread so hard yall niggas gonna bust a nut.

There are two types of engineers. "Good" and "Bad" ones. The bad ones want to destroy humans for whatever reason Ridley wants to give them in the sequels. The good ones create life, but its unknown if they meant to make humans or if we are the intended succsesor of them. How do I know that theres two factions of these buttholes? Way before Aliens Colonial Marines came out (oh yes son thats right) there was an artical talking about how Ridley Scott came to visit them and got inspiration from their work and put it into prometheus. This was most likely bullshit to drum up hype for the game, as there is nothing in Colonial Marines that even references his film, except for one minor, tiny thing.

When you shot the head of the Space Jockey, it creates a hologram of the Egg Engineer ship from the opening of the film, and the Derelict ship. Or, the good Engineers vs the Bad ones.

Again, this is all bullshit speculation but all these films are are plots written out without any conceived sequel then later on making a sequel to it. Aka, shit tier writing.
>>
>>64485271
they created the humans. Now they want to genocide them and Shaw wants to know why. That's the fucking story of the film did you even watched it?
>>
>>64486788
Just play the Metroid series.
>>
>>64491164
>Prometheus was AMAZING.
The fuck it was.

Everything up until they left the Prometheus ship when they finally got to the moon was great. Felt like I was watching a new, good sci-fi movie that had a lot of potential. Everything after that was retarded.
>>
>>64488397
ffs science is really a new religion for you ameriniggers
>>
I'm not going to start a new thread for this, what are the best modern sci-fi/alien movies that have come out in the last 10 or so years
>>
>>64492812
I would like to know this as well.

District 9 was a good one.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.