[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

...so this actually sucked? What the fuck were they thinking?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 11

File: image.jpg (81KB, 634x454px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81KB, 634x454px
...so this actually sucked?

What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>64478941
Well the series was always shit, now it's just shitty in a different setting.
>>
>we should do victorian holmes wudbkl
>yeah i agree. and also we should load it with liberal pandering like the suffragettes who murder men, including an entire monologue consisting of feminist praise which doesnt really fit or need to be said. also make watson a little bitch and subservient to literally every woman in his life. also make sure we remind people that sherlock is a gay. also we should be sure not to progress the running narrative at all. not in the slightest.
>yeah victorian would be cool i agr.... wait, what?
>>
Muh mind place
>>
>>64478941
I would fug mustache girl tho
>>
>>64478941
That guy on the left - what's his name again?
>>
>>64480493
Benedict Kanjiklub
>>
File: 1233613198132.png (15KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1233613198132.png
15KB, 400x400px
Why is BBC neutering everything?!? First Dr. Who Emo edition and now Sherlock Holmes novels....arrrghhhh!
>>
File: 1343931325352.png (193KB, 439x288px) Image search: [Google]
1343931325352.png
193KB, 439x288px
>>64478941
>this actually sucked

I agree 100%

And this has nothing to do with being an edgy contrarian 4chan poster who shits on popular telly like Sherlock

I loved Sherlock, but this episode was garbage and it has made me rethink my entire life.

I never want to watch Sherlock ever again
>>
I liked it, only good thing that was on this winterfest.
>>
>>64482187
go back to reddit you fucking cuck
>>
>>64478941
It was actually the funniest thing either Moffat or Gatiss have written in their whole career
>>
I thought it became mediocre. I'm not a fan of that 'it was a dream lol' shit.
>>
Never understood the Sherlock hype. It's one of the most popular series of all time, but to me just about everything in it is weak.
>>
They actually made something worse than season 3?
>>
The suffragettes were a fantastic movement but in this episode the cult of women are only using this whole thing to kill some men that hurt them? What in the actual fuck man, at least use the power to influence politics in a larger scale. Serious shite.
Also: overexplained, convoluted, boring and predictable story. Dissapointing. Some of the 9fags I know liked the fanservice of seeing all the actors again. They're idiots.
>>
Bro you just triggered all of tumblr

You don't want to fuck with them
>>
File: schlock.png (257KB, 915x933px) Image search: [Google]
schlock.png
257KB, 915x933px
>>64478941
Threadly reminder
>>
>>64478941
Moffat gets so caught up in his grand keikakus that he doesn't leave time to actually make a good show.
>>
>>64480660

Tell that to Cumberbatch.
>>
It was a BBC Christmas Special. BBC does this. They're rarely good. And they rarely portend the doom of the show proper.

Get over it.
>>
It was like a band you used to love releasing a "difficult" album. Like it was fun but even a die hard fan isn't going to listen to it as much as their older material
>>
File: 1451217939387.gif (300KB, 379x329px) Image search: [Google]
1451217939387.gif
300KB, 379x329px
>>64484299
"the faint scent of penis on each man's breath"

haha

/tv/ is fun!
>>
>>64484237
They triggered everybody.
>>
If you want good sherlock watch Jeremy Brett. Even poirot is better than this shit
>>
I'm so sick of the BBC forcing their leftwing progressive narrative on literally everything

Goddamn I thought they were supposed to be unbiased

People have to pay for that shit
>>
>>64484674

reality has a liberal bias :)
>>
>>64484657

>even

m8 Poirot's top-tier. Based Suchet just never stops making it watchable.
>>
I couldn't get through the first ep, I really hate bernard cumonmyback.
t. dubs
>>
>>64478941
production values were very good.
it started off promisingly, and most of the holmes/watson interactions were alright. Lestrade was pretty good.

but while you can accept a modern retelling of Sherlock holmes to forgo the cold genius and instead make him an actual socipathic autist, that doesnt work when putting the character back in his natural habitat of Victorian london, and as such, the lack of any actual detective work or actual deduction was sorely apparent and stuck out like a sore thumb. the suffrage shit was hamfisted as fuck, and they went out of their way to make the men the "bad guy", (including watson in one cringeworthy scene)
also, they took like 3 different classic cases and mushed them all together. there's no reason why the Abominable Bride had to have anything to do with The Five Orange Pips, which is it's own story.

i read a review that said and I agree: "while modern Sherlock is an anti-hero, victorian Sherlock is obnoxious"

also, while all the promotional material made it seem like they were going to lampshade the traditional "sherlock holmes outfit" gaffe, wherein the outfit is something only ever actually worn in the countryside, while typical characterizations have him wear it in the city- it instead plays it completely straight and he wears almost nothing but the outfit.

Mycroft was pretty stupid too, with the HURRHURR IM GONNA EAT MYSELF TO DEATH TO WIN A BET

which is something Im betting the writers thought was very clever and witty, but which is just stupid, especially for two hyper intelligent victorian characters who know better than to have that kind of childish wager.

tl;dr had potential, but they fucked it up worse than modern Sherlock even.
>>
>>64478941

it was pretty crap desu, not to mention shoehorning feminism into everything

fuck pc culture
>>
>>64482187
Is this fucking bait?
>>
two meme actors on a meme show about a meme franchise on a meme channel.

the use of "meme" here is actually legitimate
>>
>>64485388
While that's true the Murder on the Orient Express episode was SHIT tier.
>>
>>64486286
The real Sherlock Holmes is obnoxious.

>>64485349
No it doesn't lol
>>
File: 1437607925654.jpg (65KB, 432x461px) Image search: [Google]
1437607925654.jpg
65KB, 432x461px
>>64484299
>>
>>64486557
obnoxious, but for different reasons

he is obnoxious, because he takes great pride in proving his superiority to others. he is NOT a humble person and frowns upon humility.

Sherlock in this special, is obnoxious because he behaves like an autistic know it all cunt, while pulling shit from thin air like
>>64484299
mentioned his writers do all the time, and there is a certain lack of any real detective work.

for comparison

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bCS4icTrH0
>>
>>64486907
Ah...I've read the short stories. Only seen 30 seconds of this series. Sherlock runs from the police and gets Watson in trouble, and then treats Watson like a piece of shit

Which is nothing like Doyle's Sherlock
>>
What was his name again?
>>
Moffat doesn't know how to write things without needlessly complicating them.
>>
>>64487115
Benicio Del Cumbo
>>
>>64487115
bendydick cabbagepatch
>>
File: Lea_Seydoux.jpg (136KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Lea_Seydoux.jpg
136KB, 600x900px
>>64487115
Benefits Cunnypatch
>>
>>64487115
Eggs Benedict
>>
I agree the writing was generally bad.
In any case, I think the conclusion of how the Bride played her trick was terrible. They make it out to be this fantastic coy by whomever was involved. For it to be something as simple as a plastic bag of blood and a fake body. I felt so betrayed.

I won't be watching Sherlock any longer. Feel conflicted for having been sucked into it for so long; maybe those who say the series was always this terrible, but that I was deluded, were right.
>>
File: Observe_the_faggot.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Observe_the_faggot.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>64484657
>>64486286
>>64486907
>>
>>64487115
Binglebug Cumblebac
>>
>>64487331
>>64487115
You are literal idiots. Not even mad. Your humor just reflects on how stupid you are.

Besides, how is it worth it to come here just for forced memes?
>>
>>64487115
bigdick cuntsmash
>>
>>64484674
it's not BBC to blame this time it's steven moffat.

All that stuff about how he hates women in press got to finally got to him and decide to write about victorian shooting their husbands because they can't vote in a miss guided apology.
>>
>>64486286
I actualyl thought mycroft being fat was sherlock mocking him since it's all in his mind after all
>>
>>64480302
>let's make Mycroft a useless fuck that can't google shit
>>
>>64484657

>Even poirot
Poirot is great. But sure, the tumblrinas prowling /tv/ don't want a fat, bald old man on tv.
>>
File: such butthurt.png (236KB, 680x548px) Image search: [Google]
such butthurt.png
236KB, 680x548px
>>64487506
It's certainly better than the /a/utism-tier 'discussion' that goes on in the Doctor Who and Sherlock threads, thought it's not even that just some fake geek shite,
>>
>>64478941
Why didnt he check the body?
>>
I love how everyone complaining about things in this Christmas special just completely forget two things:

1. It was all in Sherlock's mind. You see the aspects of certain characters how HE sees them. For example, Mycroft being fat was Sherlock tearing down Mycroft in his mind.

2. There's literally a part where Moriarty mocks and derides Sherlock for how retarded his theories are. "Is it silly enough for you?"

The only important part was that Moriarty is dead, and someone is posing as him to spook people. The rest of it is unimportant because all BBC Christmas specials are intended to be able to be skipped without missing out on the important story progression in the proper seasons.
>>
>>64487115
Bendmydick Cuminhersnatch
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.