[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People complain about desert planet in the force awakens but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (49KB, 432x504px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 432x504px
People complain about desert planet in the force awakens but

What other kind of planets could they do that wouldn't be a repeat of a previous movie ?
They already had city planet, ice planet, forest planet, fire planet, swamp planet ...they are all out of planets
>>
>>64478764

Savannah planet.
Realistic and not "Straight Copy of a Dungeons and Dragons Elemental Plane" planet.
>>
File: Felucia1.jpg (26KB, 589x264px) Image search: [Google]
Felucia1.jpg
26KB, 589x264px
Felucia
>>
It's not about just copying a planet that was in use, it's about dropping off a robot with precious intel on a desert planet where he's found by a force sensitive person and a future Jedi and then they escape off that planet on board of Millennium falcon after being found by the First Order
>>
Criminal underworld city planet that looks really slummy.

Plains and massive farm planet.

Crystal planet

Underground planet

Nomadic fleet of space ships tethered together
>>
Sand planet but the sand is blue.
>>
gas planet
lava planet
rock planet
water planet

there is 3 right off the top of my head
>>
>>64478764
I liked the planet that Maz Kanata lived on. I leaned over to my friend and said "she's on Earth!", cause it looked like Earth.
>>
>>64478764
How bout they make a planet that has different regions and shit like a real planet. Why the fuck is always "this one planet is all forest and all the aliens taht live there are the same alien race." nigga what? they aint got diversity in space?
>>
>>64478764
it would have been funny if they did a ripoff of Pandora, just to make James Cameron super butthurt.
>>
>>64479312
>I leaned over to my friend and said "she's on Earth!", cause it looked like Earth.

I hope your friend told you to shut up and watch the film.
>>
They should have had Rey abandoned in the Spice Mines of Kessel. Would have been much better than Tatooine II.
>>
france planet
mexico planet
russia planet
airport planet
japan planet
>>
single environment planets are pretty fucking stupid anyway
>>
>>64479271
Coruscant

Naboo

Others are alright I guess but underground facilities remind me of the Death Star
>>
>>64479336
That is diversity retard every planet divided into its own. The term diversity is not being used right by the faggots.
>>
>>64479468

>cologne wars
>old spice mines of kessel

pottery by lucas
>>
>>64478764
Black cock planet.
>>
>>64478764
jakku should have been a full on wreckage junk trash planet in ruins
sort of like earth in idiocracy and wall-e
that would be original and enforce that the galaxy was fucked up from the galactic war
>>
>>64479311
cloud city is a gas planet
high ground was lava planet
rock planet is autistic
wayter planet was where the clones were
>>
>>64479311
>gas planet
bespin
>lava planet
mustafar
>rock planet
utapau
>water planet
kamino

all these have been in the movies (utapau is questionable, a true rock/mountain planet hasnt really been done)
>>
planet hollywood
planet of the apes
>>
>>64479555
trips and lool
>>
>>64478764
They could have a planet with lots of different things on it
>>
Mayahem Temple
Glitter Gulch Mine
Sithyworld
Jolly Roger's Lagoon
Terrydactyland
Vadery Industries
Hailfire Peaks
Cloud Cuckooland
>>
>>64479190
That planet was cool, too bad we saw only 5 seconds of it

>>64479271
Yes please make Nar Shadaa canon

>>64479271
>>64479160
>Plains
Yes, Dantooine please

>>64479271
>Crystal
>Underground
Yes, with a race of rock people like FTL

>>64479271
>Nomadic fleet
Yes, something like the Ousters in Hyperion.

In fact, just give me a planet like Hyperion that actually had a bunch of different biomes. Tesla trees and razor sharp savannas and huge canyons with cruciforms[/spoilers].

Most planets aren't just one biome.
>>
>>64479785
Jelucan was a rock planet
>>
planet nazis where everyone is really modern and strict
oh wait
>>
>>64479663
>>64479785
implying i watched the shitty films i was replying to op
>>
Jakku should have been an African-style savannah.

Too bad about all the Middle East conflicts because there is lots of pretty geography that would be perfect for a Star Wars movie there.
>>
middle earth planet - ye olde english countryside with hills and dales
>>
why not earth for once? tired of this alien shit
>>
>No Roman planet
>No Tokyo planet
BRAVO JJ
>>
>>64480153
jakku shouldve literally been a junk planet. a rocky planet massively littered with junk and or used as a dump. that way they can justify there being a fucking civilization mostly surviving by being junkers
>>
>>64479336
People used to live in tribes and identified themselves as belonging to their tribe. Then they had city states and identified themselves as belonging to their city-state. Then countries, and now people are even starting to have continental idenities. Culturally differences between developed western countries are disappearing thanks to globalism. 10,000 years from now there's going to be one Earth culture.
>>
Lets face it, its not hard to think of a new planet.
JJ is a hack.
>>
liberty city planet
vice city planet
san andreas planet populated by ape-like hominids
>>
>tentacle rape planet >>64479476
>>
File: aa.jpg (776KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
aa.jpg
776KB, 1920x1080px
Star Wars has had what, 8 or 9 different opportunities to create new interesting worlds on different planets, but all they can muster is "this ones the snow plant" or "this ones the desert planet"

Maybe they should bring in Jim as some kind of consultant.
>>
>>64479291
I don't like sand.
>>
>>64478764
One Biome planets are boring. I'd rather see planets where its entirely used for one resource, similar to how Cloud City was being used for harvesting gas on Bespin.

I'd like a crystal harvesting/mining planet with many chasms, caves, and many volcanoes. It sounds like a dangerous smuggling planet, but it'll be fixed with rare crystals that are valued highly throughout the galaxy. I'd probably name the planet something that sounds like Auraxis or some shit. You can't be lazy, it's gotta be good.
>>
>Volcanic
>Desert
>Ocean
>City
>Earth-like
>Jungle
>Snow
>Gas giant
>Space station

What the fuck else is there?
>>
A ruffled and textured planet with a creamy centre.
>>
>>64480213
> There should be Acid Rain, various toxic substances, Rusty shit everywhere.

>it should bear more resemblance(aesthetically) to something like "The Zone" from "Stalker", or Los Angeles from "Blade Runner", but with a heavier emphasis on it being a "post war" world, (ideally getting some inspiration from photographs of ww2 cities (either a German city after an allied air raid, with the wreckage of bombers sometimes sticking out of burned out/collapsed apartment buildings. or like Coventry or London during the blitz)
>>
>>64480022
wasn't in the movies though
>>
What's that planet that has one side always facing the sun and the other side always in darkness? And then civilization formed on the rim that was always in twilight

that would have been cool
>>
>>64480443

Dogscape
>>
>>64480014
Nar shadaa is Canon though
>>
>>64479271
>Nomadic fleet of space ships tethered together

that sounds bretty cool actually
>>
>>64480443
ice planet
underground tunnel mine planet with unhabitable surface
autism planet
>>
File: Venus.jpg (62KB, 998x500px) Image search: [Google]
Venus.jpg
62KB, 998x500px
Barely habitable planets could be spooky. Like need a special suit which leads to problems.
>>
An alien landscape instead of earth ripoffs
>>
>>64480216
And we'll live happily ever after, kumbaa fuck ya you fag.
>>
>>64479312
But Dagobah is Earth, silly.
>>
>>64480622
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ryloth/Legends
>>
Caribbean planet
Himalayas planet
Tundra planet
Russian steppe planet
>>
>>64480718
>autism planet
WOW! Just like Earth!!!
>>
A desert planet where the cities are built on the backs of massive scarab analogs
>>
>>64480718
>autism planet

They should bring back Lucas to design that one.
>>
>>64478764
Tropical Beach planet, there is no major land mass but rather an entire world covered with small beautiful islands of various size many with slightly different or entirely unique indigenous life.

Canyon Planet, because of some natural disaster almost the entire planet is a dry rocky baron wasteland except for this HUGE canyon that from space almost makes it look like the entire world has been cut in half. Because of the river that runs through its base all life has been built into and around this globe spanning crevasse.

Tree Top planet, a world where large animal life never took hold and the forest grew to cover almost the entire surface and the trees such a tremendous size that many began to fuse together making reaching the actual dirt and soil of the planet almost impossible. In fact the entire forest could be understandably mistaken as one huge tree.
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 300x300px
A black planet
>>
It should have taken place on Corellia DESU
>>
>>64479589
Already planets like that in starwars
>>
Do Felucia pleaaaaase !
>>
very small planet, can't be seen
wet planet
Trash Can Man
>>
>>64481938
not in the movies dumbass
>>
A planet made out of planets
>>
black glass planet that has no organic life
imagine supermans ice palace, but black glass terrain and a giant sun.
>>
The first part of TFA was actually pretty good. It was when Han Solo showed up it became absolute garbage
>>
File: Ego_the_living_planet.jpg (69KB, 325x365px) Image search: [Google]
Ego_the_living_planet.jpg
69KB, 325x365px
>>64478764
Living/Sentient Planet
>>
>>64480213
To difficult to film anon.
You don't want another Gunga City do you?
>>
>>64479555
good boyo
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 500x281px
Pic related
>>
>>64478764
dick planet
>>
A HAUNTED HOUSE PLANET
A SEWER PLANET
>>
Is there an earth-like planet in the SW EU? Is there at least 1 planet that has more than 1 biome?
>>
>>64482077
This. Up until Rey and Finn leave Jakku it seemed set to be a better tale of the hero's journey than ANH, as well as having a great run down aesthetic.

Then it was all ruined by over reliance on the OT.
>>
>>64478764

Imagine a planet that was all covered by a thin layer of water (like the one in Interstellar with the giant waves), but with spaceship wreckage all over it, plus some flora.
>>
Lukes planet at the end of Force Awakens looked way too much like Earth. First time this has happened in the history of Star Wars movies.

JJ is crap
>>
How about a hollow inside out planet? Green on the inside, dead and barren on the outside?
>>
>>64478764
do you think yaddle is wearing underwear?
imagine a recreation of that scene in presumed innocent, but with the jedi council watching her.
>>
>>64482478
Starkiller Base too, it's literally a normal snowy pine forest.
>>
>>64482478
Naboo, Tattooine, Hoth and Endor all looked like earth too.
>>
>>64482478
>looked way too much like Earth

It was like 99% water you fucking faggot, basically Kamino with some islands.

Watch the movie again with your eyes open please.
>>
>>64482520
>presumed innocent*
fatal attraction

sorry im just so aroused right now
>>
>>64482478
the fuck kind of a jedi temple planet is it anyway
>>
>>64482478
i thought it looked like the sea planet form kotor.
Cant remember the name tho.
>>
>>64479555
Thats a really bad joke, but you honestly deserve a lel anyway
>>
>>64482575
Nah, all of them had at least some aliens or differences like the binary sun in Tatooine.
Luke's planet felt way too much like Earth.
>>
>>64482478
That's because it is earth. A very well known island called Skellig Michael off the coast of Ireland. The dullest end to one of the shittest big budget films of the year.
>>
>>64482595
>>64482652
>>64482578
>>64482478

it will be some kind of king arthur camelot castle on the edge of a ocean cliff-face shit

btw ive been to tintagel castle many times, so im a fucking expert ok
>>
File: 64523523523.jpg (1MB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
64523523523.jpg
1MB, 3072x2304px
>>64482765
Other scenes weren't filmed on Earth?
>>
>>64482907
No Tatooine was filmed on Tatooine retard fucking hell WOW
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.