[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The dumbest line in The Force Awakens is when Rey looks at Han

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

The dumbest line in The Force Awakens is when Rey looks at Han Solo in awe and says "you made the Kessel Run in 13 parsecs" and Han Solo retorts "12!"

In A New Hope, Han Solo is this quick-talking smuggler who is trying to make some quick cash, and he talks about this one impressive thing he did once in his criminal history.

Rey's wonderment at it in TFA makes no sense. It's like a normal person looking at Han Solo and being awe-struck because they happened to know that he smuggled a ton of cocaine right past the police in a remarkably short distance.
>>
Kylo Ren isn't their son. Rey is Han and Leia's real daughter. Luke mind wiped some events and switched memories if the two around. Rey was in Jakku her entire life. Why do you think the Millennium Falcon was located where she was? Kylo Ren is just some drifter who'll defect to the light side and fight his general. Luke will pull a Yoda. Watch.
>>
You would've thought in 40 years someone else would've beaten his record
>>
>>64478619

Hyperdrive is in use for like 8000 years. And it didn't really get better.
>>
>>64478446
it's as though the movie was shit and isn't worth spending any more time thinking about.

or something.
>>
Would you not be impressed if you met the best drug smuggler to ever live?
>>
>>64478446
Yes, because criminal feats are never made legendary...
>>
Isn't the original line when Han Solo is trying to talk about how 'famous' the Millenium Falcon is/should be? And he says "It's the ship that made the kessel run in 12 parsecs". To me that sounds like it's a feat that people might know. Just not the old geezer and whiny farm boy. Still weird Rey would know about it however many years later.
>>
>>64478446
Of all the shit to nitpick, this is the dumbest by far
>>
Well it WAS during a time when the Galactic Empire controlled the galaxy with an iron fist....so there's that.
>>
>>64478753
>Still weird Rey would know about it however many years later.
So you missed the part where the film implies that Han Solo and Luke Skywalker became incredibly well-known legends after the medal ceremony on Yavin?
>>
>knows who Han Solo is
>doesn't recognise the Millenium Falcon

Bravo JJ
>>
>>64478857

I know who NAplolian is but I dont recognize his horse, shitbird.
>>
>>64478857
The ships is a piece of shit though. And do you know what type of car every famous person drives?
>>
>>64478930

When the guy in question is a pilot, you probably should
>>
>>64478670
Not canon
>>
>>64478580
Kylo Ren is actually Luke's son defected to the darkside.
Also Kylo also sounds like Luke.

>Kylo Ren
>Kloe
>Klue
>Luke
>>
>>64478446

Autism
>>
>>64479128
you've convinced me with at.
>>
I still stick with my headcanon that the whole "kessel run" line was just some bullshit Han made up on the spot to try and dupe what he thought were a pair of yokels into overpaying him.
>>
>>64479128
> Kylo
> Loky
> Luke
FTFY
>>
>>64478930

Well she actually knew.

>you are Han Solo, and this is the Millenium Falcon, the ship that made the Kessel Run in 14 parsecs

This all together with the fact that she speaks wookie makes her a very literate person for a scavenger.
>>
>>64479128
>ky lo
>lo ky
>lu ke
>>
>>64480747

I can't believe people think

>she was a scavenger on a desert planet

is a valid excuse for being good at:

>linguistic skills
>melee fighting
>engineering
>piloting

You need training to do this kind of shit, for real? They aren't fucking hobbies
>>
>>64478906
Is Napoleon know for his horse, dumbass? Some of Han Solo's biggest accomplishments are due to his ship which was unique in the war. It's much more likely for someone to see a ship that resembles the legendary smuggler ship than some old geezer.

>>64478930
Again, if there's a famous racer who is known for driving in a modified car that stood apart from all the other cars in these famous races, you bet people would recognize the car if they saw it.
>>
>>64479128
Kylo Rent actually is Luke. It's a costume he puts on when he gets bored and wants to go out, so no one recognizes him.
>>
File: mcoy.jpg (89KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
mcoy.jpg
89KB, 1280x960px
>>64480854
> they aren't fucking hobbies
>>
>>64479128
>Kylo Ren
>Kyle Wen
>Yce Wenu
>Myce Wendu
>Mace Windu
>>
>>64481143

You can't tinker around and become good at them on your own, especially when you're busy trying to fucking survive from day to day

lack of help and resources does not translate to greater proficiency lol
>>
Are you sure its not when Finn asks Rey if she as a cute boyfriend out of fucking nowhere? In the middle of battle. It just felt weird and poorly timed. Not I'm not from /pol/
>>
>>64478446
>remarkably short distance.
This is unit retardation. Parsecs are used here as a unit of time rather than of space like they ought to be used. It's true to the Original Trilogy retardation.
>>
Rey knows about the Kessel run not because of the plot, but because she represents the young Star Wars fan watching the movie. TFA is very self-referential, not just in terms of how it reuses plot points & motifs from the earlier movies. Rather it's about people who grew up with the legend of Star Wars in their lives, and how they react to that.

Kylo & the First Order want to bring back the greatness of the original trilogy, Kylo pretty much wants to become Darth Vader. This separates him from Finn & Rey who don't really have any will to engage with the legend of Star Wars and just do so in the course of fleeing for their lives, but also makes him a tragic, pathetic figure incapable of living a normal life. He is damaged goods manchild who can't help but look back to the past and can't interact with the present in a positive way. He kills old man Han because Han makes him weak by reminding him that his icons, and the original trilogy by extension, are lost and worn out and can never be brought back. He represents the kind of fan who has been here since the prequels or even earlier, the long term obsessive.

Finn is like Kylo, but he can't bear the inherently self-destructive, abstract, aesthetic crusade to recapture the past. Instead, Finn is led by his basic intuitions and passions. He doesn't want to be part of the legend of Star Wars either as hero or villain, but instead plays both roles as he is led to them. He lives in the moment and represents the kind of fan who is just going to see the movie because it's the new cool thing in theaters.

Rey represents the young fan who is encountering Star Wars in the flesh for the first time. She has pure, innocent, childlike faith in the legend of the first movies. Much like Kylo has his dark, distorted piece of Star Wars memorabilia, she has a battered, well-used Star Wars toy. She does ridiculous things at no justification because she represents how you pretended you were a super space pilot Jedi when you were a kid.
>>
>>64480854

Melee fighting I can take, because Jakku seems like a dangerous place.
Engineering I can take, because she's surrounded with spaceship parts. May as well learn how they work.
Piloting, I guess I still can take, even though piloting ships seems like a expensive hobby for someone who can barely eat a quarter portion a day with her scavenging earnings

Engineering and piloting his grandfather almost mastered being a kid as well. Don't forget.

Now, she speaking wookie is just bullshit. Chewbacca is the only wookie we have ever seen out of Kashyyyk in 7 movies. Not to mention that wookies were slaved in their own planet by the Empire. How in this world would she met a wookie in Jakku, a planet worth shit for anybody to visit it, and spend enough time with him to learn his language.

And being able to beat Kylo Ren... BRAVO JJ

God thanks they didn't include the part where Snoke made a force call to Rey and told her to kill Meme Ren. Hopefully the Looper guy can throw all of JJ's memes into the trash with Phasma and never look back.

Not like I have a lot of hope for the next movie to be good, though.
>>
>>64478930
>>64478906

The Falcon destroyed the second Death Star, I recognize the Enola Gay
>>
>>64478446
actually she said it made it in 14...
>>
>>64480672

>>bullshit Han made up

This. That's why the new line is so retarded, a parsec isn't even a unit of time.
>>
>>64482632
The definition of a kessel run is never expanded upon and it could easily be judged by distance and not time

There is simply not enough information
>>
>>64482931

You don't make 1 hour in 133 km you pink floyd.

You make 133 km per hour, or in an hour.
>>
>>64478446
>It's like a normal person looking at Han Solo and being awe-struck because they happened to know that he smuggled a ton of cocaine right past the police in a remarkably short distance.

yeah that totally doesnt exist in real life, john gotti and pablo escobat arent idolized at al
>>
File: 4564842194.jpg (29KB, 485x273px) Image search: [Google]
4564842194.jpg
29KB, 485x273px
Wouldn't Hand Solo still have had a chubby so soon after kissing Leia? and hence been frozen in carbonite with an obvious pants tent?
>>
>>64484711
>getting a boner from kissing a girl

virgin detected
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.