[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nien Numb What went wrong? 30 years later... he's just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 8

File: UFqrltO.jpg (733KB, 2560x1529px) Image search: [Google]
UFqrltO.jpg
733KB, 2560x1529px
Nien Numb
What went wrong?

30 years later... he's just an X-wing pilot... under some one else's command?

What happened, my man?

Drug problems that derailed a career?
Or perhaps a systematic speciest system that has kept him down?
>>
>>64477941
what's the fat actor's name? I swear I have seen him somewhere before.
>>
>>64477941
>Ello Asty
Hello Nasty?
>>
>>64478154
He was Pie Lott from Lost
>>
>>64477941
>Woman
>X-Wing Pilot

top kek good job disney
>>
>>64478154
Greg Grunberg from Lost and Alias.

I believe the Asian man with the blond hair in charge of the rebellion fleet was from Lost, too.

JJ Abrams Nepotism kicking original characters to the curb.
>>
>Akiva
oy vey
>>
>>64478154

The underwhelming cop guy from Heroes.
>>
This was one of my gripes with the movie as well. It was fun to see Ackbar again but he should be some kind of decorated general at this point, not just a tactician like he was 30 years ago.
>>
The Porkin's belly run is my favourite flight manouevre
>>
>>64477941

YOU CAN'T TIE OL' NUMB DOWN WITH NO DESK JOB

I WANNA BE SLUMMIN' IT ON THE FRONT LINES WITH THE BOYS.
>>
>>64478587
You dont understand, Star Wars dont evolve, JJ wanted everything to be the same no matter what
>>
>>64477941
>Wedge Antilles is nowhere in the movie
>while Jek Porkins 2.0 is and plays second fiddle to Poe Dameron
>>
Why are there still fat X-wing pilots?

There are no fat jet fighter pilots.
>>
i'm one of the fags who loved this movie, but the fat guy really broke the immersion for me. i don't know why, since Porkins was in IV and didn't really mind him.
i just felt like i was looking like a fat 'murican rather than a person from the star wars universe..but that's just my personal feels. idk
>>
>>64478154
spaceship pilot from battlestar galactica
>>
>>64478775
This, Nien can only feels truly alive when at the helm of a ship righting in the first wave with the rest of the men. He tried civilian life for awhile, spent some time in a comfy officer position, but in the end it all left him feeling Nunb
>>
>>64477941
DUDE WOMAN LMAO
>>
>>64478846
There are no female jet pilots either. Their brains simply can't operate in a cockpit.

>Why are there still fat X-wing pilots?

because "haha I remember fat from star wars haha"
>>
>>64477941
>Nien Numb
You do realize the original actor died years ago right?
>>
Only 2 things that really bother me. Suppose they could both be explained away.

1. No Wedge Antilles - assuming there will be some story about this (probably novel)
2. Only X-Wings - where are the a/b/y wings?
>>
>>64478154
Greg Grunberg who has been in literally everything JJ Abrams has done
>>
>>64477941
for a second I thought I saw the RedBull logo on the helmet
>>
>>64478974
>Grunberg

NEPOTISIM
EPOTISIM
POTISIM
OTISISM
TISIM
ISIM
SIM
IM
M

jews again
jews to the end
>>
File: star-wars-resistance-propaganda.png (71KB, 792x1008px) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-resistance-propaganda.png
71KB, 792x1008px
You have to keep in mind that the resistance is not the republic. For all we know he could be fucking admiral in republic's navy and he volunteered to join the resistance as regular pilot.

I mean look at Spanish Civil War. You had western volunteers that were high ranking officers in their respective armies fighting as ncos in republican army.
>>
>>64477941
You're forgetting the fact Han himself was promoted to General in RotJ, despute the fact he was a mere Captain in Hoth and he spent many months being chased by the Empire on the Hoth-Bespin system and then being frozen in carbonite.

Or Lando himself being a general too.
Or Leia and C3PO been allowed to join Han's commando team on Endor.
Or Admiral Ackbar being the leader of all Rebel forces during the Endor battle but a mere background character with onky a very minor line in TFA.
>>
>>64478919
There have been female pilots for like 20 years anon..
>>
>>64478919

>no female jet pilots

Um..anon
>>
>>64478919
>There are no female jet pilots either
okay
what?
>>
File: 1375477101038.jpg (10KB, 305x254px) Image search: [Google]
1375477101038.jpg
10KB, 305x254px
>>64477941
>>
>>64478829
>>64478946
The original Wedge actor (Dennis Lawson I believe) didn't want to appear. Would have been nice to have a shout out of some sort.
>>
>>64478501
WOW. Thats where ive seen him, holy shit that guy is forgettable.
>>
>>64479299
This, I believe he simply retired from acting.
>>
>>64478946
>where are the a/b/y wings?
X-wings were the most common design, so chances are that it's the type that republic most likely had enough lying around to give to the resistance.
>>
>>64478946
The actor seems to have turned down reprisal of his role because it bored him or something. Respectable.
As for the lack of a/b/y wings I noticed that, as well. I know in wookiepedia they explain that a-wings pretty much become obsolete because X-wings become just as maneuverable and have better defense/offense or something. Still just like in real life, there should be more than one kind of airship in your fleet. Same thing with the First Order. I only remember seeing TIE fighters and no Interceptors.
>>
File: mrbones.jpg-large.jpg (157KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
mrbones.jpg-large.jpg
157KB, 1024x1024px
>tfw when fat fuck porkins 2.0 is the kid from star wars aftermath

what the fuck happend in the book he was some child genius who repurposed a b-1 droid into an assassin droid named mr bones
>>
>>64478154

duncan donuts
>>
How the fuck do you split a jet engine in half and expect it to work?
This is so retarded.
>B-B-BUT IT'S A MAGIC SPACE ENGINE THAT DOESN'T FUNCTION LIKE A JET ENGINE AT ALL
Eat shit, faggot!
>>
>>64478388
http://screenrant.com/star-wars-return-jedi-female-fighter-pilots/
>>
>>64479527
>Still just like in real life, there should be more than one kind of airship

THE F-35 CAN DO EVERYTHING
>>
>>64478925

Believe it or not, it took three people to portray Nien Nunb in Jedi. Richard Bonehill, who played him in wide shots (along with a bunch of other background characters in both Empire and Jedi), passed away early last year. Mike Quinn, who had done the puppet work for him inside the Falcon returned to the role for Awakens, performing him solo. The third and final component was a Kenyan named Kipsang Rotich, who provided the vocals (and who is probably the reason Lupita Nyong'o grew up watching Star Wars on TV on holidays in her childhood).

Actually, given the sheer amount of work put into portraying Nien Nunb, I can only imagine Kasdan & Marquand had a lot more in mind for the guy than made it into the movie. It's been said that at least one pilot character was wholly excised from the film, I think it's fair to say that the space battle was cut down a LOT from what they actually shot.

>>64478946
>2. Only X-Wings - where are the a/b/y wings?

The Resistance is much smaller than the old Rebel Alliance, they really only had one fighter squadron. With the destruction of the Republic's capital and the threat of the First Order proven to the entire galaxy, I imagine they'll have a lot more support come Episode VIII.

And Y-Wings are just ancient. They were Clone Wars-era fighters, old and battered even at Yavin.
>>
>>64477941
The Rebellion is speciesist as fuck
Sure, the Empire hates non-humans, but how many aliens do you see in the Rebellion?
If anyone would want to fight back against the racist Empire, it would surely be non-humans
Yet there are barely any of them in the Rebel Fleet, and only one is an any position of real power
Nien Numb is a lowly fighter pilot, the Ewoks are manipulated into fighting stormtroopers, many Bothan lives thrown away to get the Death Star plans...
How much does the Rebellion actually care about aliens?
>>
>>64477941
There are very few references to ROTJ in the movie. Tonally, the end of Empire leads into TFA, with its fractured group of heroes and triumphant Empire. There's only a few real differences, like Vader being dead and Han being unfrozen, but ROTJ is ignored (because it led to the prequels??).
>>
>>64478216
Yeah, and the writing on his helmet supposedly says "Born To Ill".
>>
>>64479749
i think they tried to fllow McQuarrie's original art but went full retard doing it
>>
>only the aliens pilot died
HHMMMMMM
>>
>>64480023
The Rebel fleet at Yavin IV had both Y-Wings and X-Wings.

The Rebel fleet at Endor had both Y-Wings and X-Wings, plus A-Wings, the Millennium Falcon, medical frigates, and Star Destroyer sized freighters. Plus transport ships for some fucking reason.

In Hoth they also have snowspeeders.

George Lucas was the hack behind Ewoks, but he also knew it was more creative and original to put new types of never seen ships.

JJ Abrams just made a shitty paintjob and hope nobody noticed it.

Even SW77 had a little more diversity in ships than TFA, since TFA features all ships SW77 showed onscreen except the Y-Wings and Vader's custom TIE Fighter.

Unless this is some pottery and the next movie will feature ships that started appearing in ESB.
>>
>>64480061
I can't imagine why any species other than humans would be hesitant about joining an uprising against a xenophobic Empire with an iron grip on the known galaxy.
>>
>>64479749
How the fuck do you expect a jet engine to work in a vacuum in the first place, dipshit? They are magic space engines, get the fuck over it, you autistic little shit.
>>
>>64477941
>Ello Asty
Nice try JJ, Hello Nasty
>>
>>64480592

This.
>>
>>64479063

It's nepotism in the sense that he and JJ are childhood friends. Not in the sense that he's being cast because he's Jewish.
>>
File: lost-jack-football-spike.gif (491KB, 275x155px) Image search: [Google]
lost-jack-football-spike.gif
491KB, 275x155px
>>64478216
>Ello Asty
>EL O ES TE
>L O S T
>>
>>64478216
He died too, what a shame
>>
>>64480401
maybe the first order destroyed everything else . it wouldnt even be a stretch. the squad that attacked the starkiller base was tiny. remember when he saids " we lost half our fleet " sounded desperate like they didnt have replacements when they returned from the battle you can see there werent extra space craft just laying around
>>
>>64479749
>jet engine

you are retarded
>>
>>64478587

He was already an admiral in Jedi, fucknuts.
>>
>>64478216
It also sounds out L O S T
bravo jj
>>
>>64478154

Jek porkins' son -- big reveal in ep 8
>>
>>64480529
>xenophobic

Is there any source beyond EU fanfiction that says that the Empire favors humans or is this just us trying to parallel them with Nazis?
>>
>>64480749
The Republic was ruling like, what? Half the galaxy? Its fleet should have been bigger than anything we see from the Rebels in the OT.

If the fleet was destroyed along with the planets, the Republicans are too stupid to live.
If the fleet wasn't destroyed, they did't give a fuck about the inminent destruction of the Resistance planet.

The Resistance base was also discovered by the First Order because the Resistance, in, what it seems now typical Republican stupidity, allowed the Falcon to fly towards their planet (which is pure nonsense, BB8 could have been transported by any other ship).

The PT also showed us earlier models of many ships we see later in the OT, such as early TIE Fighters or Star Destroyers. Whereas in TFA there's nothing indicating some technological progress, except the Starkiller base.

There's no logic in anything from TFA.
>>
>>64480944
i was waiting for the all stormtroopers are black reveal
>>
>>64480892
Actually, Admiral Ackbar is his name. It's just like how Grievous' name is General Grievous.
>>
>>64480978
cause they were destroyed before the movie even began ? how is that even a stretch the whole planet of jakku is littered with spacecraft the first order and resistence has fought alot before the movie even began
>>
>>64480944
The single fact you never saw an alien imperial officer, but you can see some alien pilots and officers in RotJ.

Or Admiral Piett's dislike of the alien bounty hunters.
>>
>>64480944
I am pretty sure its mentioned somewhere in new canon.

>>64480978
New Republic underwent massive demilitarisation in order to distance itself from the jingoistic empire and embrace pacifist values for which the rebellion fought for.
>>
>>64481057
Battle of Jakku happened year or two after RotJ, that is nearly three decades before TFA.
>>
>>64480944
Ever seen a stormtrooper helmet with lekku housing?
>>
>>64481114
3 decades of fighting first order gained the upper hand obviously. destroyed most of the resistance fleet only thing left are x wings . you can make up these logical explanations yourself. do you need your hand held through everything ?
>>
>>64481114
>year or two
>that is nearly three decades

In what, dog years?
>>
>>64479606
I hope we see Mr.Bones on screen soon
>>
>>64481186
what?
Your reading comprehension is shit pal.

>>64481167
mate resistance has was funded only relatively shortly before tfa
>>
>>64479527
>>just like in real life

Well, the Navy has consolidated the jobs of at least four previous separate aircraft into variations of the F/A-18 airframe. I imagine X-Wings are something like that.
>>
>>64477941
> Porkins belly run

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!!!
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 660x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 660x400px
>>64479749
>>split a jet engine
Are you retarded?
First, these are obviously not jet engines being that these work in, you know, space.

Secondly, if it were a jet engine, the shape of the intake does not determine d the shape of the engine itself.

Retard.
>>
>>64481261
not enough time for funding = can only afford xwings. damn you really do suck at making sense of things.
>>
>>64481560
Okay, i am not disputing that.
However what the fuck does that have to do with you claiming that its fleet is so small because first order destroyed it over time or even with claiming that the wrecks on jakku belong to the resistance.
>>
>>64481608
sorry i dont wookiepedia fanfiction eu or whatever i just make logical assumptions from what i saw i saw a fucked up xwing on jakku and seeing as how there mad shit just laying aroud i assume there are more rebel ressitance fighters down too . but would you like a whole scene dedicated to their budget or 10 minute of exposition to tell you why there are only xwings in a kids space movie. didnt effect my enjoyment for the movie.
>>
>>64481796
This.

The over explanation of the minutiae of everything is a big part of what made the prequel trilogy such a boring shitpile.
>>
>>64481073
The old Republic didn't have a formal army, but it still had some capital ships that were turned later into war ships. They wete even capable of massively producing pre-Imperial Star Destroyers.

Even if the old Republic didn't suffer galactic-wide wars, there are still local disputes and forces to deal with. Back in Episode I we are told the Republic doesn't control or influence the politics and economics of outer planets like Tatooine. Instead, these planets have local lords like Jabba the Hutt.

In the OT, at its maximum strenght, the Rebellion had a fleet that could only rival Vader's private fleet in ESB. Which makes sense, the Rebelluon still only controlled a very small part of the galaxy.

The New Republic had control of like half of the galaxy. Even if it haf a demilitarization process, there are capital ships here and there. There's no reason why couldn't the Resistance have a fleet bigger than the Rebellion's fleet in SW77, excrpt that JJ Abrams made a mere glib factisime.
>>
>>64478435
Yeah I caught Miles Straum in the base scene. I pointed it out to my friend but he didn't believe me because it wasn't in some buzzfeed-tier article he read listing all of the cameos in TFA
>>
>>64478216
>>64480717
He had such a cool design, I was sad when he blew up
>>
File: Stalin_1902.jpg (92KB, 800x1075px) Image search: [Google]
Stalin_1902.jpg
92KB, 800x1075px
>>64478154
it's josef stalin
>>
>>64478892
Why would he feel Nunb? Is that his friend or something?.
>>
>>64478216
Ello Kitty
LOKT
>>
Seeing the fat cop from Heroes took me out of the film completely whenever he was onscreen, it's the same with everything he's in.

Fat prick.
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.