[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>completely fucked the new republic in one shot from the outer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: starkillercrop.0.0.jpg (98KB, 1280x854px) Image search: [Google]
starkillercrop.0.0.jpg
98KB, 1280x854px
>completely fucked the new republic in one shot from the outer rim
>got to see screaming innocents as they tasted the power of the sun

better than death star 2 imo. what did you guys think
>>
>>64475986
why create super weapons when you can just destroy a planet by flying into it at lightspeed?
>>
>>64475986
The Empire Strikes Back is to this day STILL the only good Star Wars movie that isn't about destroying a fucking Death Star. After seven god damn movies.
>>
>>64475986

who was the government? The First order or the republic?

Im guessing the empire controlled everything, then after Jedi, they lost a bunch of systems that formed their republic.

So now its this new republic vs the systems still in the old Empire, PLUS rebell forces still in the empires territory which is the resistance.
>>
>>64476040
that was an entirely new thing

just han being han
>>
>>64476040
star wars doesn't respect relativity at all. It also operates as if light speed is instantaneous. So there's no infinite mass from moving at light speed and not a lot of travel time.
>>
Which planets did they blow up? I didn't care at all.
It's kind of when they blow up Alderaan. But it's Leia's home, so at least we get some reaction.
>>
>>64476515
at least you actually saw people die this time
>>
>>64476515
>Which planets did they blow up?

whatever planet the republic was on

I thought it was funny how easy it was for them. At least the death star had to pull up next to the planet and then charge up

They just fire this thing from whereever and the fucking sun finds the planet and blows it up
>>
>Purchase five cheap ships 5,000 credits each
>Man them with droids
>Send them at beyond light speed to each planet
>Same result
>>
>>64476040
>why create super weapons when you can just destroy a planet by flying into it at lightspeed?

Exactly. The whole point of a shield around a planet is to stop this sort of thing from happening, otherwise the Empire could have just found a couple of kamikaze pilots instead of wasting money on the Death Star. But now that Han showed that you can fly right through it, the shields seem kind of useless.
>>
>>64476107
Uhhh no. If they can attach hyper drives to planet sized battle stations why would you even need a super lazor? You could literally just start shooting planets at the capital from across the galaxy.

Starkiller is so fucking over the top it and logistically absurd it makes any kind of conventional weapons seem retarded.
>>
>>64477330
You're not getting it. He's saying why even build a super lazor if you can just fly entire fucking planets across the galaxy like it's nothing. Shit why doesn't the republic capital planet have a hyper drive so it can just fly the fuck away.
>>
>>64477494
because it wouldnt be a movie
>>
>>64477494

Flying planets across the galaxy seems expensive, though. Seems like it would be easier to just build a couple Star Destroyers and crash them into a planet at faster-than-light speed.
>>
>>64477544
Nobody gave a fuck five minutes after those planets blew up anyway and I seem to remember the "movie" chugging along.
>>
>>64475986
Tell that to Kanjiklub
>>
>>64477575
Yeah the republic is portrayed as literal shit teir retards, the only way a truce with the empire could work is if there was mutually assured destruction, meaning as soon as the planets exploded a massive automated republic counter strike would occur to destroy any empire held planets.

Or the pubs can just get bodied over and over until they fly a space freighter with a nigger a wookie, an old man and a mary sue to destroy their whole setup.
>>
>>64477494
I want to see this.
I want to see a Blackadder like crew of overplayed british characters look up into the bright sky, and remark that by jove, it does appear those houndish First order rascals are at it again, before ordering a servant to fire up the planet's hyperdrive, on the way to grabbig tea.
>>
>>64475986
Not only was starkiller completely unnecessary to the plot as a whole, it just introduced negatives into the movie. The plot could have gone on just fine if those worlds hadn't been destroyed, starkiller base was just a normal base, and we didn't have to suffer through the whole collapsing-planet wank at the end

Plus, the whole aspect of it being a carved-out planet instead of a manmade object made it just different enough to be called different, which made things even cheaper
>>
File: 1451933278942.jpg (174KB, 1280x854px) Image search: [Google]
1451933278942.jpg
174KB, 1280x854px
>>64475986
Wait for the next movie.
>>
File: drake come on.png (296KB, 649x649px) Image search: [Google]
drake come on.png
296KB, 649x649px
>Takes the Empire 2 decades and the pooled wealth and resources of the entire galaxy to make the death star
>Some backwater empire-worshiping cargo cult is able to make a planet-sized death star that is exponentially more powerful and sophisticated.
>>
>>64478350
the only way to damage control this would be if they discovered it as an ancient artefact or something.

Anyway, blockbusters don't do "new" anymore.
>>
>>64478008
Disney don't care about making their films good, so why even bother analyzing them as if they do?

>>64478247
>no, r2d2. *I* am your father!
>BLEEP BLORP bleep squeeeeeee
>>
>>64478350
Also the "resistance" has the plans for said battle station but doesn't immediately alert republic command so they can mount a preemptive strike against an opponent that has been shown more then willing to indiscriminately destroy entire planets in the past.
>>
>>64478008
Starkiller base only serves to illustrate the lack of ideas from the people in charge. The second half of the movie is insomnia cure tier.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.