[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>i shall call you Darth.....Vader >because.......??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: images-18.jpg (10KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
images-18.jpg
10KB, 384x384px
>i shall call you Darth.....Vader
>because.......??
>>
is that the guy from bill and ted?
>>
>>64467016
Because it said so in the script.
>>
>Henceforth, you shall be known as Darth...........(heavy, focused breath)
>pulls out script and quickly flips through the pages, scanning with his lightning filled fingertips
>Darth........(mumble) (mumble) whereisit..........AH! Ah, yes. (his finger stops)
>Vader......Darth Vader
>(heavy, Sheev'y breath)
>Rise
>>
>A young Jedi, named Darth Vader

What did Obi-Wan mean by this?
>>
>>64467016
Sith masters basically reach out into the Dark Side when knighting their apprentices to come up with a name. Basically the midichlorians tell them what their Sith name should be.
>>
Why do they have to be Darth anything? I'm assuming it's a title but it's a big giveaway in someone's lifestyle as such. Jedi don't have dumb naming shit like that, just wondering why they'd bother
>>
>>64467114
It's poetry, really.
>>
>>64467091
I love the sort of 'reverberating bass' (or whatever you call it) they added to Sheev's voice after Windu is killed and he's in full-on Sith Lord mode.

Sound fucking awesome
>>
>Because 'Vader' is Dutch for "father" so when in Episode V you reveal to Luke you're his father, years later retards can make the connection and pretend it's what Lucas was going for and it will even be mentioned in Pitch Perfect by Anna Kendrick so just go with it asshole
>>
>>64467016
vader means father in Dutch
Sheev knew about pregnant padme and that she was going to give birth soon so he called him that
>>
>>64467132

>I'm assuming it's a title
>"A young jedi named Darth Vader"
>"You can't win, Darth."

Lucas was making it up as he went along

It was retconned into a title just like Tatooine costumes were retconned into Jedi robes
>>
>>64467016
>because you're going to be a Father...a Dark Father
>>
>>64467136
he can do pretty damn good without much sound editing, really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HtfSuazG70
>>
Does he need a reason?
>>
>>64467192
why could Sheev speak Dutch?
Why would he chose Dutch of all languages available?
>>
>>64467339
The Dutch are the most evil bastards to walk the Earth, Sheev knew they were closest to the Dark Side of the Force.
>>
>>64467188
>Kendrick says it means father in German when it actually means father in Dutch
>Kendrick says this despite the fact that everyone knows Lucas didn't plan on the father twist and it wasn't written into Empire until it's third draft

this is why women shouldn't make movies
>>
File: robben.jpg (60KB, 215x322px) Image search: [Google]
robben.jpg
60KB, 215x322px
>>64467390
They are also the statistically tallest people on earth.
>Aryan
>>
>>64467016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZD-6B1S3qA
>>
Did anyone else used to think he was called Dark Vader? What the fuck is a Darth?
>>
>>64467254
The clip has added reverb but it's still pretty fucking good, but McDiarmid is after all a proper Shakespearean actor.
>>
>>64467470
Just you, moron
>>
>>64467016
InVader
InSidious
>>
>>64467550
InMaul
InTyranus
>>
>>64467561
InPlagueis
InBane
InIcky
InInsanius
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 359x291px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 359x291px
>>64467091
>>
Vader = father

POETRY
>>
>>64467254
so qt
>>
In retrospect they should have written the first movie better and named childhood Anakins best friend Vader. Vader could have done something that changed Anakin's life and foreshadowed his turn to the dark side. Then when Anakin has to choose his name that event comes to mind
>>
>>64467254

absolutely based
>>
> it sounds cool
>>
>>64467561

>IN-Tyranus
Inta-your-anus :^)
>>
>>64468137

Or just make it Anakin's pseudonym he chosses himself. He names himself Darth Vader without Obi Wan knowing about it and he hears about all the terrible deeds that so called Darth Vader did and no "He even killed younglings" bullshit
>>
>>64467550
InSide
InYerMom
>>
>>64468137
In retrospect they should have never done the prequels, it would have worked better if the Vader's ascension and the Clone Wars and everything remained a occasionally referenced mystery
I mean really, nobody needed to see him as a child, I would've never liked to learn he was called Annie etc
>>
>>64467114
So what you're saying is that George Lucas is the dark side, right?
>>
>>64467222
>Tatooine costumes were retconned into Jedi robes
I fucking hate this meme. Jedi are space monks, that's why they dress in robes.
>>
>>64468640
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the OT paint them more as warriors than monks though? I can't really remember
>>
>>64467451
Who would think this is funny?
>>
>>64468671
There were some lines about only using your powers for defence and never attack and about keeping your mind clear and free of hate. Kinda like the Shaolin monks with some samurai stuff mixed in too.
>>
>>64467550
>Insideous
>Hideous
Poetry
>>
File: images-25.jpg (18KB, 250x588px) Image search: [Google]
images-25.jpg
18KB, 250x588px
>yfw this isn't cosplay
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.