[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

File: hulk.png (57KB, 577x445px) Image search: [Google]
hulk.png
57KB, 577x445px
Is he right?
>>
he's always right
>>
he usually is
>>
>>64450591
>LET ALONE

Let alone what? And why is everything in ALL CAPS?
>>
I thought it was blank, uninspired and safe. Same with Jurassic World. That doesn't mean it's good or bad. These critics who say it's straight up bad usually are hipsters going for clickbait articles.
>>
>>64450685
>>64450685
Read the tweets from bottom to top
>>
>>64450591
Really we have ourselves to blame for all of this + did we just forget that Lawrence Kasdan made Dreamcatcher?
>>
I'm not hopping on the backlash wagon, but they had a skeleton of a good movie and they fucked up adding the meat to it. I think there were a few really important omissions. Also if it turns out Rey is nothing but a Mary Sue I'm gonna be disappointed.

"You were the most force sensitive child I'd ever come across!!" I can see it happening already
>>
>>64450591
>Let alone a dramatic order.... great actors though. They had no foundation though.

Is there a word for when someone uses specific words like "though" in two sentences in a row? I hate it whenever I read a post I made and realize I did that.
>>
>>64450685
>And why is everything in ALL CAPS?
Dumb gimmick. He's pretending to be the Incredible Hulk as though the Hulk were a film critic.
>>
>>64450843
You know the force shit didn't bother me because well it's the force so God knows how it works and how easy/hard it is to use and master. To me the fact that she was an expert in everything else, flying ships, repairing ships, alpha manning Han Solo on his own ship, being an expert tactician, that shit annoyed me more because it's like she had no weakness other than WAHHHHH FLASHBACKS AND PREMONITIONS SCARE ME which she got over in seconds.

I have been noticing a lot of unskilled directors these days think strong woman = Mary Sue hardened bitch and this is complete shit. It's ok to make a strong woman character and embrace femininity but these shithead cucks are so afraid to do that. I though I would hate Finn the most in these movies, nah he's ok she's the worst character by far.
>>
>>64451117
What is Luke's weakness?
>>
>>64451456
Well for one thing the whole point of Han Solo was that Luke needed a pilot and a good one. He didn't just randomly and magically commandeer a random ship and fly it like a master day 1. In fact he played the bumbling shooter role that Finn did.
>>
>>64451106
>first /v/idya brings meme spouting reddit youtube personalities to /tv/
>now it brings twitter personalities
They can't keep getting away with it!
>>
>>64450685
>Let alone what?
"Let alone oh no, it was bad!"

He's not right.
>>
>>64451456

He played second fiddle in the Death Star escape and had to be saved from the dianoga.

In the trench run he had to be saved by Han.

In ESB he was saved, again, by Han.
And later on he was saved by Leia.
>>
>>64451456
In ANH he lacks confidence and is unsure. When Obi offers him everything he ever wanted (to leave Tatooine and take part in something greater), he initially refuses. He fails to connect with the force in Obi's training excercise. Han does most of the heavy lifting in the Death Star, and in piloting the Falcon. It's not until the climax where Luke finally grasps the Force and saves the day.

In Empire Luke is more confident, a battle hardened hero, but faces a greater challenge in learning the ways of the Jedi and confronting his fears in facing Vader. He clashes with Yoda's training of a more stoic nature, and charges headlong into Vader and gets almost killed for it.

Luke in Jedi flirts with the Dark Side, and ultimately must resist it to save his father.

Compare to Rey in Force Awakens. We're told she does not want to leave Jakku - then why does she have that moment with the Rebel helmet? She does not crave such adventure, supposedly. Yet the plot makes her decision for her - she is forced to leave Jakku anyway and ends up joining the resistance with little aforethought. Lip service is payed to the 'refusal of the call' moment when Han offers her the job - yet again it has little to bear on the plot. Also the lightsaber dream sequence that has her running away - this makes no sense with her character which has previously been showed as very strong and confident. Perhaps she should be freaked out but Rey would want to know more, not run away in cowardice. It feels a lot more like something Finn would do.
>>
File: 1449010687470.jpg (62KB, 750x736px) Image search: [Google]
1449010687470.jpg
62KB, 750x736px
>>64450591

>anyone past their teenage years posting about star wars angrily in all caps
>>
>>64451931
Don't forget Han had to track and save him in Hoth otherwise he would have died. He literally played second fiddle to everything not requiring interaction with Darth Vader and the SJW shitheads know this which is why the faggot ran away from this debate after thinking he got us with Luke.
>>
>>64452055
>>64451931
These are important points to make, but I feel like even if Rey struggled with her abilities her character would still be mediocre. Her character is inconsistent on a fundamental level, with a bunch of different motivations thrown in and none are really fleshed out, leaving her with a lack of meaningful purpose, something which Luke always had in spades. This is why I don't really buy into the 'Mary Sue' complaint; there's a lot more going on with the writing that's bad beyond the superficial.
>>
>>64451456
Sand people

Bar patrons

Regular ass TIE pilot (if wedge isn't around)

Vader in his TIE (if wedge isn't around)

That's just ANH.

ESB adds

>wampas in cold
>AT-AT's shooting him down
>objects being tossed at him
>his old, half robutt dad's swordfighting
>>
it's a children's movie lmao
>>
>>64452249
I think what you say is right but that doesn't exclude her from being a bad character that is also a Mary Sue.
>>
>>64451106
It's literally just normal talking with all caps and a Hulk picture next to it. How does someone do such low effort bullshit and get popular?
>>
>>64452969
I dunno... I like some of his stuff.

e.g. http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2013/06/12/film-crit-hulk-smash-the-age-of-the-convoluted-blockbuster

Good takedown of directors that withhold information from the audience for no goddamn reason other than muh tweeeeest.
>>
Whatever happened to Armond White?

His opinion on this film is the only one I will hear.
>>
>>64450591

Who is this guy and how was he so dense he couldn't understand the characters emotions and how they developed over the movie?
>>
>>64453375
Google is useful:
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/428730/star-wars-demystified

And holy cow... thanks for the tip. What a great read.
>>
>>64453471
I hope for your sake you're being facetious. You're proabably just a teen though... :(
>>
File: 1409796156681.jpg (35KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
1409796156681.jpg
35KB, 400x462px
I run all his articles through convertcase.net because I can't help but read capslock as a constant yelling in my head
>>
>>64453679
I did google it, right after I asked. I just figured, if he'd said anything, /tv/ would be spraying it on the walls. I guess there has been a sea change.

Also, you're welcome. Yes, White is a fantastic read and I'm glad you've experienced it too.
>>
>>64452249

Agreed. From word go we get

> I want to come with you to Alderaan.
There's nothing here for me now. I
want to learn the ways of the Force
and become a Jedi like my father.

And that's fucking perfect. It was his DRIVE. And the revelation about Vader being his father in ESB was PERFECT. The person he wanted to be was a fucking evil dude goddamn the OT was great.

There is NONE of that here. I'm far more interested in Finn.
>>
>>64453737
hola reddito
>>
>>64453975
>h-he knows
>ill call him reddit, thats a good trick
>>
>>64452969
He used to actually put a little more effort into the Hulk gimmick, like using Hulk talk/Hulk grammar. He also did the whole social justice thing for a while if I remember right.
>>
>>64450685
It's cruise control for cool.
>>
>>64453679

Good read.
>>
>>64450591
In some ways. But those things are not in and of themselves important, as we can see from all the other Star Wars films. So who cares that it wasn't better than Star Wars? It succeeded at being Star Wars, which was the goal.
>>
>>64454026
hello reddit
>>
>>64451456
What's his strength? He's a whiney teenager who fucks up all the time and constantly needs to be saved. He's pretty good at being a pilot, that's about it.
>>
>>64450591
I hate his gimmick.
The length of his articles make his gimmick awful.
>>
>>64451510
>implying Rey was a master pilot day one.
>forgets she crashed the Falcon into everything when she first got her hands on it.
>>
Film Crit Hulk is the worst. Reminder that he wrote a column about taking sexual assault seriously and he did it in his FUCKING STUPID HULK PERSONA. Way to undercut your own point retard.
>>
>>64457054
>has trouble taking off
>becomes a master pilot flying the ship through some incredibly tight spaces and doing impossible maneuvers 10 seconds later
Reyfags unironically think this disproves the whole Mary Sue thing. If anything, her struggles while taking off only highlight how retarded the following chase is
>>
I mean yeah but his word choice is bad and why is it in all caps why is he yelling.
>>
>>64453764
And they still don't make sense.
>>
>>64450591
>can't even come up with a good writing gimmick
>thinks he can write a good movie
>>
>>64450591
> "Earned moment" meme

Jesus christ this guy is just ad insufferable as ever.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.