[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is /tv/ so full of contrarians?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (175KB, 1387x717px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
175KB, 1387x717px
Why is /tv/ so full of contrarians?
>>
>>64446327
Both are shit, but then again any Star Wars movie is.
>>
it's the nature of 4chan
>>
>>64446327
All I see are 411 patricians
>>
It's treason then.
>>
You may as well ask why DailyKos is so full of liberals.
>>
it's contrarion to come here and defend a movie that made so much money
>>
TFA isn't even Star Wars.

It's a glib facsimile.
>>
>>64446327
To be fair, Revenge of the Sith was the only decent prequel movie. It wasn't great, but it was far better than the other 2 shitfests.
>>
>>64446361
this
>>
File: 1447234900750.jpg (602KB, 800x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1447234900750.jpg
602KB, 800x1040px
Teenagers make up the majority of this board and care only about the lulz or however it's pronounced these days. It's just what happens when ironic shitposting becomes the base level of content, gotta take it to the next level to irritate people. And then you got the ones who actually eat the entire contrarian cake because they're too autistic to recognize satire.
>>
>>64446361

yes
>>
>>64446327
Wow /tv/ is still 51% patrician even with all these tourists flooding in

I'm proud of you, boys
>>
Why even bother. I think TFA is a better film overall than RoTS, but both are very underwhelming.

I think the difference is that TFA was hyped to no end, and it's just really disappointing, but with RoTS, we already knew disappointment from eps I and II, so III was actually a pleasant surprise because it wasn't as shitty as we expected it to be, even though it was still shitty.

That said, overall TFA is by far the better film, but like RoTS, it's still very disappointing. Honestly, Star Wars as a franchise has always been pretty mediocre, even the original films. I'm so tired of this franchise being hyped up as more than what they are.
>>
literally
>WE HATE POPULAR THINGS: The Board
>>
i'm more surprised with the fact there are more than 4 people here
>>
The people who say that TFA is better are the contrarians, champ. The poll proves it.
>>
File: 1364995490931.png (128KB, 345x294px) Image search: [Google]
1364995490931.png
128KB, 345x294px
>809 voters
>/tv/
>>
The average age here is probably 10 or 11 at this point judging by the infantile contrarianism, the "sense of humor," the poor grammar and spelling, the neo-nazi shit, etc. I actually remember fairly distinctly when I started cringing at contrarianism. I was maybe 10 years old riding the school bus realizing that the music some of my peers were listening to was entirely determined by what was obscure at the time. As soon as a band became popular, they dropped it saying it was [hyperbolic buzzword] and picked up a band no one had heard of. That's just standard behavior here, which says a lot. If we didn't have /pol/ this would certainly be the worst board on the site, even next to shit like MLP and LGTBBQ
>>
the whole internet is full of contrarians. i haven't opened a single thread in the past month where the first reply isn't someone disagreeing with OP
>>
>>64446770
H E L L O
R E D D I T
>>
>>64446475

we'll beat back the disney tumblr scourge one shitpost at a time.
>>
File: 1448692895028.png (455KB, 810x688px) Image search: [Google]
1448692895028.png
455KB, 810x688px
>>64447026
Le patrician comment for 2016 friendo! The current year my brother!
>>
>>64446770
>Lol does anyone here remember the Woody Harrelson AMA?

Go back to leddit nigger.
>>
>>64446327
It's not contradiction objectively Revenge was far better.
But you're a normie so you wouldn't understand anyone
>>
I hate this board.
>>
>>64446422
Menace was a good movie if you mute Jar Jar and stop acting like a fucking retard because anakin was acting like a fucking 9 year old like he was supposed to be
>>
File: sallyhorny.gif (2MB, 245x270px) Image search: [Google]
sallyhorny.gif
2MB, 245x270px
the majority of this board hates the rest of mankind so much they'll say, do or force themselves to believe anything as long as it makes them different from others. this validates their own notion of being better than the people they hate through arbitrary benchmarks, such as being able to pick the "patrician" Star Wars flick.

The word "patrician" on /tv/ is equivalent to "contrarian".
>>
>>64447451
Nah, it far worse problems than fucking Jar-Jar. That's a meme answer, anon.
>>
I'm getting really sick of this contrarian meme nonsense.
Why is it impossible for people to believe that there are people who simply didn't like the new movie?
Citing rotten tomatoes and the latest box office numbers from Shill Magazine to try and slap down opposing makes you look like a fucking faggot.
>>
>>64449356
there is a certain objectivity the film making. talking purely of the craft ROTS is much worse than TFA.
show me anything from TFA as bad as this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqTilCyRyvc
>>
>>64447501
Hello Reddit!
>>
>>64449580
>4 minute Plinkett compilation

Not watching that shit. Obviously no one is arguing that the prequels were high art.
Give it time. More and more people will come forward and admit it was shit, with plenty of compilations of Ridley's wooden acting (I mean come the fuck on, seriously) and various plot holes which are quickly covered up with Look! It's an OT character! OMG Explosions! Exposition? That's fucking gay!
Honestly felt like it was being made by Micheal Fucking Bay. Goddamn Bay would have at least tried to make it a little more sensible than what we got.
Even if you overlook the fact that it's a blatant rehash of 4, it's executed very sloppily by JJ's ADHD on Turbo-cocaine style of filmmaking.
>>
>>64449580
>a is objectively artistically superior to b

Get justifying, how is not always simply taste
>>
>>64449788
>"Air Bud" is better than "Come and See"
>>
>>64446361
Reddit
>>
V > IV = VII > VI > III > I > II
>>
>people unironically and genuinely think ROTS is better than TFA

TFA didn't blow me away but it was objectively better than the prequels in terms of direction, writing, cinematography, choreography, characterisation, story, pacing and action

it was a solid 6 whereas the prequels were just jaw-droppingly bad, even ROTS because TPM is better
>>
>>64450124
RotS is genuinely the best star wars movie m8, while TFA breaks so many rules it isnt even star wars.

3>6>5>1>4>2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>7
>>
File: EP3_IA_93670_R.jpg (46KB, 600x256px) Image search: [Google]
EP3_IA_93670_R.jpg
46KB, 600x256px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMGxqvg4K74

Why didn't the new movie have GOAT scenes like this one?
Why did it look like a cheap syfy show?
Why did it it have Marvel-esque humor?
>>
III is an okay movie. Try remaking that poll with episode II or I and I guarantee you'll see that most people on /tv/ prefer VII.
>>
File: 1445829227304.jpg (660KB, 3192x2124px) Image search: [Google]
1445829227304.jpg
660KB, 3192x2124px
>>64446770
>>
>RotS has the high ground
Pottery
>>
>>64447501

Or maybe it's just that TFA is a pathetically mediocre movie and anons here just have enough sense to realize it and not to buy into the hype that it's a "good" movie like most sheeple do.
>>
>>64451612
>sheeple
Please show yourself to the exit
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.