[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Here are my VHS copies of the original Star Wars trilogy, acquired

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: iPhoneUpload_zkbrerwsoy.jpg (495KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
iPhoneUpload_zkbrerwsoy.jpg
495KB, 1600x1200px
Here are my VHS copies of the original Star Wars trilogy, acquired from various thrift stores.

I went through them around Christmastime. This copy of ANH was nice and clean - just the movie. ESB had a two-minute blurb in the beginning about how the whole trilogy was now available on videocassette. ROTJ was preceded by a longass interview between Leonard Maltin and the almighty legendary deity of George Lucas. As the tapes got newer, the fact about it being STAR WARS became a bigger and bigger deal.

I'd like to find copies that are all like ANH, but that could be a challenge.
>>
>that giant yoda
for what purpose
>>
>>64436312

Yeah, I don't get that either. He freaking dies in that movie.
>>
>>64436352

The pleb-ness of this remark cannot be overstated.
>>
>>64436276
Artistic depiction Leia looks so über hot on that old ANH cover.
Does anyone have that as a jpg file?
>>
File: anh_quick_satanika[1].jpg (2MB, 2807x4000px) Image search: [Google]
anh_quick_satanika[1].jpg
2MB, 2807x4000px
>>64436621
>>
>>64436728

wow. thanks anon. absolutely stunning with no text
>>
>>64436312

i think that was the final release of the unaltered VHS versions before the special editions came out cause i had it in a set.

ANH had a stormtrooper and TESB had vader if i recall correctly. their faces were on the spine too.
>>
>>64436918

My dad had those. I remember because there was once an offer on a box of cereal for a "Making of Star Wars" tape whose box had a similar style and I was obsessed with getting it so it could match the other tapes. We did get it and I don't think I ever watched it.
>>
>>64436728
God damn. They knew how to sell movies back then.
>>
>>64436728

>Leia with radiation symbols on belt
>Luke going Super Saiyan with his lightsaber, looking like a bodybuilder rather than a twink
>dat Tin Woodsman lookin Threepio
>bottom 15% of pic is just colors

2/10 how this flick ever made a single billy in the box office I never will know.
>>
>>64437789
I hope someone murders you in your sleep
>>
>>64436918
That is correct. I have the laser discs of the original trilogy.

However, if I remember correctly, the "special edition" you're talking about does not have all of the changes that George Lucas made. The films are still the original theatrical releases.
>>
>>64437789
>bottom 15% of pic is just colors

It's almost like that's where the text went or something
>>
>>64438253
>That is correct. I have the laser discs of the original trilogy.
Mah nigga. I've got them too, I just no longer have a laser disc player.
>>
>>64438408

>shilling this hard

This is getting embarrassing to watch
>>
>>64437789
While I do agree that Star Wars should have bombed and never been remembered, that poster is actually pretty nice. It's not honest at all since Luke looks like a fucking alpha hero and Leia is hot as fuck on it but it looks good.
>>
>>64438844
>Shilling
>For an almost 40 year old movie
>>
>>64436276
that jedi isnt original. thats the 90s remaster. that was the first one where lucas started fucking with it.
>>
>>64436276
you should just download the despecialized movies. they are the only worthwhile editions of star wars
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.