[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rey confirmed mindwiped and has been to Luke's planet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: Rey has been to Luke's planet.webm (1MB, 720x304px) Image search: [Google]
Rey has been to Luke's planet.webm
1MB, 720x304px
So this pretty much confirms that Rey has been to Luke's planet and was mindwiped. Don't know how to add subtitles to WebM so here's the audio for the part:

>So lonely
>So afraid to leave
>At night, desparate to sleep
>Imagine an ocean
>I see a... I see the island
>And Han Solo
>You feel like he's the father figu...

What the fuck were they thinking???
>>
>>64431549
BB-8 showed her the map before, dingus.
>>
Was it rape?
>>
/tv/ is now worse than /v/
>>
No. She can see the future. Just like how she saw fighting Kylo in the snow in a vision.
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-03+at+12.47.17).jpg (97KB, 728x439px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-03+at+12.47.17).jpg
97KB, 728x439px
>>64431572
>BB-8 showed her the map before, dingus.
A starmap is not the same as knowing there was an island on the planet along with an ocean. All she saw was this

>>64431637
Why do you say that?
>>
>>64431654
>No. She can see the future. Just like how she saw fighting Kylo in the snow in a vision.
No, that was a "Force Memory" from Luke's lightsaber when he was confronted by Kylo and his goons. It's not the same as a Force Vision.
>>
>>64431693
Except it was clearly the exact same place where she later fought Kylo. She can see the future.
>>
>>64431734
>Except it was clearly the exact same place where she later fought Kylo.
Oh yeah I guess there is that literally 1 second long part where Kylo comes out from behind the tree. The majority of that scene is the past, though.

If she can see the future then why the fuck didn't they showcase her seeing the planet as soon as she saw the map? Or after she encountered Luke's lightsaber? Why did they even need the starmap if she could see the future?

She might be able to do it but it seems more likely to me that she was mindwiped.

Or maybe it's just a massive plothole.
>>
she's been to bespin as well. the first location in her force vision is the corridor luke & vader fought in at the end of tesb
>>
>>64431549
Looks like he's fingering her.
>>
In kotor 2 there was a true empire and we never get to see it. Maybe we will finally?
>>
>>64432320

thats in swtor fampai
>>
>>64432198
>she's been to bespin as well. the first location in her force vision is the corridor luke & vader fought in at the end of tesb
I don't think that means she has been there. It just means she is seeing Luke's memories from his lightsaber.

What doesn't make sense is how she knew specifics about the planet Luke was on.

Doesn't make sense for her to have precognition either because they never mentioned it in the movie at all, and they went to great lengths to establish her as a Mary Sue... precognition is something that is reserved for the most powerful force users, so why wouldn't they show it if she had it?
>>
>>64432361

Doesn't exist, as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>64431549

Luke went to that planet AFTER Kylo killed his students.

So you're implying that Luke went on exile, carried Rey with him, once he got to the planet he said "wait, I'd rather be alone here", he took Rey on his ship and brought here to Jakku, left her there as if she was a dog and Jakku was a space gas station, and then he went back to his comfy island in the middle of the ocean.

Because that's the only fucking way Rey could remember the planet because she was there and she didn't just saw it on a vision.
>>
>>64433533
>Because that's the only fucking way Rey could remember the planet because she was there and she didn't just saw it on a vision.
there's no other explanation for it. if she had precog they would have shown it just like with her other force powers and lightsaber prowess. she didn't see it in the visions from luke's lightsaber, either, and couldn't.
>>
>>64431549
>>Imagine an ocean
>>I see a... I see the island
So he's able to search through her mind wipped memories but can't see the map that she saw a couple hours earlier and is still very present in her mind

terrible writing
>>
Are premonitions caused by the dark sides influence?
>>
>>64433684
She was hiding the map.
She can't hide memories she doesn't remember.
>>
>>64433753
>Are premonitions caused by the dark sides influence?
no.

precog is reserved for the strongest force users, like yoda, anakin, palpatine, etc. light/dark doesn't matter.
>>
i remember having a coughing fit during that entire scene, i barely got anything of that.
>>
>>64433820
So Rey is one of the strongest force users?
>>
>>64434083
>So Rey is one of the strongest force users?
she's not confirmed to have precog yet and it's more likely she has been to luke's planet before.

literally the only supporting evidence for her having precognition is ONE (1) second of her running in the forest from the end scene and Kylo stepping out from behind a tree. This could easily be explained as something else.
>>
File: memearrowlukefags.jpg (393KB, 960x309px) Image search: [Google]
memearrowlukefags.jpg
393KB, 960x309px
>>64431549
Rey is Ben's brother, roughly 5-10 years younger. They were brought to Luke for training together. Ben was corrupted. Rey was brought to Jakku to protect her from Snoke and Ben since she was the strongest force-user in the universe and they would have killed her if they could. Han and Leia asked Luke to mindwipe any conscious memories of Rey to protect her further, in case Ben tried to get her location out of them. The Force directed the ownership of the Falcon to Jakku because of Han's subconscious desire to see his daughter again.
>>
>>64434259
>Rey is Ben's brother
literally no
>>
>>64434259
Why mind wipe and abandoning her. Why just not hide? Is she so weak that she cannot resist the dark side and be trained while hiding?
>>
>>64434259
This
>>
Kylo = the past
Rey = the future

it's pottery
>>
>>64434835
She was 5 years old. No matter how strong in the force she was, she couldn't handle a lightsaber battle with a 15-year-old Ben. As for the mindwipe, it's not like the commander of the Republic Resistance and the most famous smuggler in the Galaxy could just disappear. Someone on Jakku would recognize them. Luckily, one of Leia's Alderaanian mentors agreed to stay close, but not too close, to Rey on Jakku to keep watch in case of emergency.
>>
>>64434259
If you're even close to correct, I'll go ahead and stop liking these movies.

Mind wipes are for droids, not people. Rey's memories are intact, the audience just hasn't been made privy to her backstory.
>>
>>64431549
She was probably having visions about Luke's location because she is force sensitive and the force guides people towards their destiny. It also makes no sense for her to go to that island because Luke was searching for the first Jedi temple without her. Rey was probably hidden from the Knights of Ren on Jakku shortly after their betrayal. The only thing that indicated Rey going to the island prior to VII is how close it is to Jakku, assuming the planet Luke is on is Rakata Prime.
>>
>>64434259
Luke was never taught mindwipe and there was only one instance of it in the entire EU.
>>
>>64435134
>Luke was searching for the first Jedi temple without her.
isn't the jedi temple on coruscant? How is it hard to find?
>>
>>64435114
It's not Rey who's been mindwiped, it's Han and Leia - at their own request - to prevent Ben and Snoke from finding out they left her on Jakku.
>>
File: 7 seconds 1 punch.gif (274KB, 183x208px) Image search: [Google]
7 seconds 1 punch.gif
274KB, 183x208px
>>64431661
>camrips
>>
Rey is the strongest force user and was mind wiped by a sith who trained her. She is a sith.
>>
You know, she could have been just too young to have a detailed recollection of those events.
>>
>>64435200
The first Jedi temple, not the one on Coruscant. The one on Coruscant is the 2nd newest, Luke's would be the 1st if he had an actual temple built. The republic was canonically 1000+ years old so it is safe to assume the Jedi are much older and had ancient temples on other worlds.
>>
>>64435269
How old was she was abandoned? If she's in her 20s now then even age 7-8 might be long enough.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.