[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Teasers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: teasers.jpg (71KB, 596x642px) Image search: [Google]
teasers.jpg
71KB, 596x642px
Ok, right now there are a lot of star wars threads, and a couple of days ago there were a lot of jurassic park ones. But none of them discusses anything related to filmmaking or something remotely like it, So let's try doing that ok?
Teasers. People doesn't seem to get teasers, a teaser is a very short (less than a minute) trailer that must show the tone of the movie, that's the only thing, anything else it's just an extra. The jurassic world teaser? it's a pretty good one because it showed what's going to be the tone of the movie, they calmed down the ones yelling "OH GOD IT'S GOING TO BE A DUMB ACTION THING ISN'T IT?" with just 20 seconds, with the glass shot they said "hey, this is about suspense, this is about slow build ups, this was made by a spielberg fanboy",
the star wars teaser tho? it's not a good teaser, it's a bad trailer. hell it isn't a teaser at all it's like A MINUTE AND A HALF! that's retarded, it shows too much. maybe because JJ is just bad and his movies doesn't have a tone, they just show things happening, usually with handy cam (like the shots of the millenium falcon that are just a copypaste of the shots of the ships in his star trek movies...)

what other recent teasers come to mind as good examples of what a teaser should be? how can we make the star wars teaser better?
>>
>>
>>50964473
>it shows too much

It doesn't show shit.

What did you gather from the story based on that teaser? It just showed a few cool shots to get people talking.
>>
>>50964473
There was a serious discussion about the lightsaber design.
It got deleted with the rest of the star wars threads
>>
>>50964473
>tho
What are you, fifteen?
>>
Teaser's shouldn't exist
>>
>>50964473
OP here, let me just post an idea to make the jurassic world teaser something more that just a good teaser.

the shot starts with the glass, yes. but then slowly the camera moves and shows chris pratt looking at the glass, then he turn around, looks at the camera and calmly but showing a little of despair he saids "What did you do?".

that would still be less tan 40 seconds (a teaser) and you have a tease of the entire character (a trouble handler kind of badass, an indiana jones kinda character) and the slow camera work that adds to the suspense tone. that would have been GREAT.
>>
I thought new Star Wars looked pretty cool, more edgy, not sure about that lightsabre, but oh well, $$$$$$$$$$$
>>
>>50964500
>damn i forgot to forgot to put on sunscreen
>>
>>50964524
too much isn't the same as "too much plot" my friend. it shows too many things. just things, you get nothing, no tone, nothing about the characters, the only thing that you can see is that JJ haven't improved his directing from the previous shit he has done.
>>
>>50964473

Teaser Done right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0l69GtEaa0

Voiceover is just the reading of letter
Music is special collage piece done by Williams
Little Sound effects
Effective at showing scenes of interest

LENGTH: 1m 50s ABOUT THE SAME AS STAR WARS
>>
>>50964662
Why does the trailer make the film look like a made for tv shitfest
>>
>>50964662
that's not a teaser, no matter they call it. that's a feature length trailer
>>
>>50964662
that's cool and all but how do you make a good trailer form that? a teaser is a short trailer that just TEASES something. so if that's the teaser the teaser must be longer and show more things about the movie, resulting in a 3 min trailer that resumes the whole movie, the things we're used to lately.
that is a good thing yes, but not a good teaser, a good trailer IMO
>>
>>50964662
Harry Potter is based on a book so there's no worry about spoiling the plot. An original movie has to keep intrigue in its teaser.
>>
>>50964762
OP here, this guy seems to get it
>>
Theres not much to say about the movie quiality really. I'm expecting a Disney tier action film.
Why did they deliberately ruin it? There's a lot to say about that
>>
File: 1396072551115.jpg (62KB, 765x343px) Image search: [Google]
1396072551115.jpg
62KB, 765x343px
>>50964473

So who here going to support race mixing propaganda and pay for your own white genocide?
>>
>>50964762

I dont know what else you want to call it. It was the first trailer released. Its under 2 minutes, and it was released A YEAR before the movie came out. I remember seeing this in the Fall of 2000.
>>
>>50964655
So it shows too many things, but not enough to get a grasp of the tone or story, but enough to efficiently critique the directing of the film?
>>
I liked the trailer for David Fincher's version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo because it somehow managed to get me a little bit pumped up due to the music and the fast cuts when usually trailers/teasers don't do anything for me - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVLvMg62RPA

I think it would have worked a little better as a ~45 second teaser though, because there might be a bit too many scenes for some people.
>>
>>50965032
I haven't said anything about the directing of the films as a whole, i talked about JJ's directing through his carrer and said that after watching the shots of the millenium falcon, being just the same as a shot from a star trek ship, i could said that IMO he hasn't changed a thing. but i can't say that the directing will be bad, for example i don't like JJ but the second star trek isn't bad at all, i liked that one. so maybe the ship shot is the same but the movie around it it's good.... but i doubt it
>>
JURASSIC PARK TEASER (1992)

Here's how the whoe thing began

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QMue9j_RKg
>>
>>50965052
OP here. YES OH GOD YES! how could i missed that one? since it came out i've had it on my desktop and watch it every once in a while, it's so good it hurts.

i agree with you on the length but in this particular case the trailer/teaser is accompanied by a song so if they make it long it's not so bad as long as it still just teases things... and it does. you got nothing from it except the song, the editing and the pretty photography (all things you already know when you're watching a fincher movie scored by reznor and atticus ross)
>>
>>50965202
great example, OP here.

just to clarify, my OP wasn't rules that I think are the only answer and this proves it.
it's too long to me but even if it is, it doesn't show plot at all, but the first 30 seconds are useless and that the rest is just narrated exposition. it's not a filmmaker teaser, it's a teaser done by a screen-writer, probably by the studio even.
>>
>>50965052
>>50965280
>not posting the superior Muppets version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHqLcEtt368
>>
>>50965602
hahahahhaha wow that was great! i'm not from the US so i know nothing about the muppets, had nothing against them before but now i kind of respect the whole muppet thing more
>>
>>50964662
>those shitty cgi owls
0/10 this is like the phantom menace all over again
>>
>>50964473
>a teaser is a very short (less than a minute) trailer that must show the tone of the movie
all movies with teaser trailers are ominous I guess
>>
>>50966552
nope, for example. a teaser for guardians of the galaxy? the title card.
starlord dancing is everything you need to tease the movie, it tells everything about it without spoiling anything about it
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.