[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask someone who has seen the (almost) final cut of The Hobbit:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 268
Thread images: 21

File: HOB.png (1MB, 1023x681px) Image search: [Google]
HOB.png
1MB, 1023x681px
Ask someone who has seen the (almost) final cut of The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies anything.

You'll doubt me but screencap this thread.
>>
File: tumblr_mfjym941nL1qeip55o1_500.gif (133KB, 500x506px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mfjym941nL1qeip55o1_500.gif
133KB, 500x506px
How silly is Thranduil's moose?
>>
what happens in the last ten minutes?
>>
Do you prefer chocolate or vanilla ice cream?
>>
Is it true that they used... CGI in this film ?
I can't imagine how that will look like. Is it cool?
>>
What scenes that are not show in the book and the trailer, they show in the movie?
>>
Was "The Last Goodbye" song based and give you lots of feels?
>>
Was Mozart real?
>>
>>50640944
He was Salieri's spilit personality.
>>
>>50640876
Was the orc a big guy or were all the orcs big like that
>>
>>50640966
The plot thickens.
>>
Did it suck as much as you knew it would, or was it even worse than all that?
>>
OP is a faggot
>>
What purpose would a screencap serve? That we'd know you, an anonymous poster on 4chan, are full of shit once the movies comes out?

This is more amateurish than the "My dad works for Paramount/Fox and here's some spoilers for an upcoming blockbuster. threads"
>>
Was it hella f*ckin' ebin?
>>
>>50640894

Not at all. The CGI wasn't finished in one scene, but it looks great.

>>50640901

There's an epilogue that ties up what happens to each dwarf, especially Balin and Oin. As most people know they die in Moria, with Oin suffering a pretty grisly death. It looks great as they've perfectly recreated Balin's tomb.

There's also a scene that show the Eye of Sauron lighting up. What's left of the Orcs and beasts of The Battle of the Five Armies escape to Mordor. There's a brief moment in which trolls, as soon as entering Mordor, can't speak and begin to act like the animals we saw in The Lord of the Rings. Sauron's influence or whatever.

At the very end the film cuts to the boat heading to the Grey Havens with an elderly Bilbo and Frodo. Though all press releases say Wood isn't in the film, he is, but briefly. They reach the shore and it ends.

>>50640904

Chocolate.

>>50640924

I haven't read to book if i'm honest. I'm not very close to the production team, but I do know that Thorin's death is different. Though he is dying, he chooses to end himself by jumping into a river and off into a waterfall. You can see a still in the trailer.

Gollum makes an appearance in the epilogue.

>>50640942

Incredible feels. I'm dead inside now.
>>
>>50641035

I like The Hobbit. It's nowhere near as good as The Lord of the Rings, but apart from key shitty scenes, it's fun. This one is the best of the trilogy, if only for the awesome shit that happens at Dol Guldur with The White Council. There's a moment in which Sauron tempts Galadriel and it's chilling.
>>
>>50641115
>There's a brief moment in which trolls, as soon as entering Mordor, can't speak and begin to act like the animals we saw in The Lord of the Rings. Sauron's influence or whatever.
BRAVO HACKSON
R
A
V
O

H
A
C
K
S
O
N
>>
do thorin, kili and fili have good scenes together?
>>
How is the battle with Sauron? Does Saruman actually fight him or does he get corrupted/make a deal? Does Galadriel wreck shit? And does Sauron get a new physical form?
>>
>>50641115
>There's a brief moment in which trolls, as soon as entering Mordor, can't speak and begin to act like the animals we saw in The Lord of the Rings. Sauron's influence or whatever.
Any bookfag that can explain this? I always assumed there were differnt kindof trolls with different levels of intelligence. Some could talk and others couldn't.
>>
>>50641115
Peter Jackson here, this guy is full of shit
>>
>>50641255

Bob Costas here, Premature confetti.
>>
>>50641220

Actually they do. Fili dies first and this particularly leads to a great scene where Kili confronts Thorin mid-battle. He blames him.

>>50641235

After the "leave Sauron to me" moment, Saruman simply walks towards Sauron, the others flee and he begins to speak black speech. He's the one that starts dialogue with Sauron, and advises him that his army is failing and that he needs to take time to build "an amry that will conquer all lands of Middle-Earth". Sauron basically agrees and enters Mordor.

Galadiriel does wreck some shit, especially when she goes toe-to-toe with the Ring Wraiths. In somewhat of a physical/ghostly form, she repels them from Gandalf's body.

When Saruman is speaking to Sauron there is a brief moment in which we see his fair form, though who the actor is I can't tell.
>>
>>50641325
>Fili dies first and this particularly leads to a great scene where Kili confronts Thorin mid-battle. He blames him.

that sounds heartbreaking if true.
>>
>>50640876
Who cares. The hobbit series is trash compared to lord of the rings. I fell asleep both times I tried to watch the first hobbit and never went back.
>>
>>50641374

Thanks for taking the time to tell us that you do not care. 360 guy.
>>
>>50641357

It's genuinely sad. Even viewers who hate Kili will feel for him, especially since his killing blow comes before Thorin can apologize, talk with him or whatever.
>>
>>50641400

Does Kili impregnate the elf bitch so he can live on?
>>
Does Smaug die in the first 5 minute?
>>
>>50641422

Nope, and she gets brutalized by Bolg. She doesn't make it to the Battle of the Five Armies...
>>
>>50641480

I'd say the first 20 minutes after the prologue. His scenes are spectacular, especially when Bard fires his black arrow to take him down.
>>
>>50641495

Talk about a wasted subplot then.
>>
Does Saruman get Sauron to himself?
>>
File: no flies on asuka.jpg (11KB, 278x201px) Image search: [Google]
no flies on asuka.jpg
11KB, 278x201px
>>50641325
>Fili dies first and this particularly leads to a great scene where Kili confronts Thorin mid-battle. He blames him.
>a great scene
>>
>>50641495
heehee I might just download this movie
>>
does Link manage to recover the Amulet of Donkey Protection +5 from the sinister Hat Squad?
>>
When the cyclops heroically sacrifices himself for the party is it because he has down-to-the-minute foreknowledge of his own death?
>>
>>50641495

>Elf bitch dies
>damn Hackson for killing evangeline lily, best waifu ever
>>
>>50641398
your welcome bro.
>>
Does Thorin get to say his famous last words from the book? "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." Or some variation?
>>
Does Thrain have much screen time, and how does the battle compare to Helms Deep and Pelenor Fields.
>>
Does Beorn fight in the battle?
>>
>>50641495
i'm actuall glad she dies that fast
>>
>>50641400
i can't imagine feeling anything in a peter jackson movie made after he first got the idea to do reshoots
>>
File: seven nation army.gif (1000KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
seven nation army.gif
1000KB, 500x200px
Will the white stripes reappear in the OST?
>>
>>50641614

Yeah, it's taken from the book exactly or so i hear.

>>50641640

He's dead. He died in the extended Desolation of Smaug.

>>50641646

Yeah he does and he fucks shit up. Tearing at Orcs, going head-to-dead with fucking massive trolls and refuses to let anyone ride.
>>
>>50641640
Sorry meant Dain.
>>
>>50641725

Not much to be honest. It's good to see Billy Connoly acting again though.
>>
Does Bard kill Smaug with his bow or the windlance?
>>
does Bombur ever speak?
>>
>>50641769

He uses his bow at first but then uses the Windlance to take him down. Once grounded he runs up to his body, draws an arrow but stops. Smaug is alive but dying, and there's almost a moment in which Bard pitys him. Smaug dies with the words, "I am fire... I am...". Then dies.
>>
Does Bilbo fight in the battle, how would you rate the battle compared to the ones in Lotr.
>>
Stephen Fry get fucked up ?
>>
>>50641795
Fuck you.
>>
>>50641795
Smaug dies in the water. You're full of shit.
>>
>>50641706
Beorn, that was the only thing I wanted out of this 10/10
>>
>>50641795
>"I am fire... I am...". Then dies.
Seriously? Those are his last words?
Also, how long is he in the movie? I'd guess he lasts 20 minutes tops. They didn't even put him in the trailers, except for five second of the first one.
>>
>>50641822
Bilbo fights for around half the battle, then get knocked out. Bofur protects his body and drags him to safety.
>>
>>50641825
Burn in his chamber trying to save his gold.

>>50641867
As I said, around 20 minutes.
>>
>actually believing any of this
>>
Whats your personal rating of all six films.
>>
How does the movie open? Is it just Smaug fucking up Laketown straight away or is there a prologue?
>>
>>50641241

In the Lord of the Rings pretty much everything had intelligence and could speak, but if I recall Tolkien downplayed the whole talking monster thing after The Hobbit.

I guess you could say that you only saw the trolls/Shelob/spider folk when they were fighting and they didn't really get an opportunity to speak.
>>
>>50641930

-TFOTR
-TROTK
-TTT
-TBOTFA
-AUJ
-TDOS

>>50641974

Someone finally asked about the prologue!

It's a 10 minute prologue that centers around Sauron from the first age onwards. It's incredibly epic in sale, design and literally unlike anything we've seen before. with a voice over by Cate Blanchet it's really my favourite part of the film.

Also, the person who plays Sauron changes from form to form and age to age.
>>
Bilbo was the best part of the first two films, does he keep it up?
>>
>>50642110
Really? Is it an accurate description of his evolution?
>>
>>50642110
this would almost be all believable if you didn't say Thorin commits a sudoku over a waterfall.

Good try, too good to be true though
>>
How much of the runtime is dedicated to things actually in the book?
>>
>>50641276
Nolan here, why do you guys hate Interstellar?
>>
>>50642135

I haven't read the books so I don't know! I do know that some (if not all) of this material was taken from the Simirilian. Sorry, I don't know any details behind what's on screen.
>>
>>50642181

Fat Orge shits?
>>
>>50642190
>Silmarillion
Christopher calling his attorneys as we speak.
Rev up those lawsuits baby.
>>
>>50642177
They pretty much ran out of that after the first two movies
>>
>>50642177
Tolkien didn't really describe the battle at all, it's pretty much "Smaug was defeated by X. Y, Z and W died."
>>
No one fucking asked this.

How long is the battle? Is it better? Worst? Or equal to the battle of Pelennor fields?
>>
>>50642110
>It's a 10 minute prologue that centers around Sauron from the first age onwards

Holy fuck please be true
>>
>>50642528

Around 50 minutes. It's long, VERY long. I personally think Helms Deep is the best battle, so I'd say it's on par with Pelennor Fields.

>>50642635

It's incredible, and it's almost like an apology for how bland the prologue was in TDOS.
>>
>>50642190

>implying it is possible to create a major block buster and include material which you don't have the rights for.

It's like you aren't even trying OP.
>>
>>50642461
>bard killed him with a black arrow in the one weak scale
>not in the book
>>
>>50642713
Don't act like a moron. He probably means from the apendix of lotr.
>>
>>50642740

Don't be a moron, there is nothing in the LOTR appendices detailing Sauron and the first age, not to the extent he is saying 'exists' in the movie.
>>
>>50642679
Do they show the destruction of Numenor?
>>
Does the battle have a breathtaking moment like the arrive of the Rohirrim?
>>
>>50642824

Kind of. When the eagles turn up it's pretty fantastic. They go fucking nuts.
>>
Why the elf king attacks the dwarfs and how did he convince Dracula to join him??

And also, there is a scene in the trailer where the people of Laketown are clashing against the orcs in the town (i think)

How that happens?
>>
>>50642679
why do you sound like a viral marketer? no real person talks like this.
>>
>>50642959

No real person on /tv/, you mean
>>
>>50642951
because with the wyvern dead, they all go to the mountain to claim all the gold he left behind
>>
>>50642993

>He doesnt answer the second question

Stop the bullshit
>>
Is Legolass being a mary sue everywhere or does he actually get beaten for once
>>
File: 4321.jpg (112KB, 550x404px) Image search: [Google]
4321.jpg
112KB, 550x404px
>>50642110
>It's a 10 minute prologue that centers around Sauron from the first age onwards. It's incredibly epic in sale, design and literally unlike anything we've seen before. with a voice over by Cate Blanchet it's really my favourite part of the film.
>Also, the person who plays Sauron changes from form to form and age to age.

Tolkien sold the film rights to The Hobbit and LotR in the 60's BEFORE The Silmarillion or any of his texts on the First or Second Age were published. The rights to all of this material is still owned by Christopher Tolkien who despises the Jackson adaptations and will take the rights to his grave.

Conclusion: This thread is bullshit
>>
>>50643005
no that's actually what happens in the books, there are no orcs
>>
File: 1415587039301.gif (787KB, 200x164px) Image search: [Google]
1415587039301.gif
787KB, 200x164px
>>50641115
i love how much time people put into making this shit up.
>>
How many times does Legolas surf?
>>
File: ss+(2014-11-17+at+09.31.13).jpg (60KB, 844x444px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2014-11-17+at+09.31.13).jpg
60KB, 844x444px
>>50643033

Sure that didnt happen you fucking lier.

EVERYONE GO HOME
>>
>>50643061
The real question finaly got asked
>>
>>50643073
you seem upset
>>
>>50643029
Or maybe they just made up some bullshit. Which would make sense, seeing that they've done that for the last couple of years now. That way they're not using the silmarillion.

Conclusion: let's just wait and see, faget.
>>
>>50641115

The river is fucking frozen you nigger
>>
>tfw i'm not sure whether i should believe anything of this
>>
It would be a shame if all of this isn't true.
>Tauriel dies so fast
>Beorn fucking shit up
>Sauron intro

But knowing Hackson, Tauriel makes it to the end with a huge amount of screen time and Beorn is 5 min in the movie
>>
this is all too good to be true so calling shenanigans
>>
>>50641115
kind of cool i guess, but i always just assumed the lotr trolls didn't speak because they didn't have much to say.

>At the very end the film cuts to the boat heading to the Grey Havens with an elderly Bilbo and Frodo. Though all press releases say Wood isn't in the film, he is, but briefly. They reach the shore and it ends.
oh for fuck's sake. LEAVE THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY ALONE! LET THIS BE A STAND ALONE SERIES WHICH LEADS INTO ANOTHER STAND ALONE SERIES LIKE THE BOOKS! IT DOESN"T WORK OTHERWISE!
>>
>>50641495
Is it rape?
>>
>>50641325
>Galadiriel does wreck some shit, especially when she goes toe-to-toe with the Ring Wraiths

I'm ok with this, because it is something she actually had the power to do. I was almost expecting her to wreck Sauron
>>
Does beorn wreck shit?
>>
Do we see Azog's white wolf die? Please tell me Beorn kills the wolf!
>>
>>50646415
gosh I hope it's rape.
>>
Will we get a Oscar pre screening pirated version like in 2012? Saved me a bunch of money!
>>
>>50646519

I didn't know this thread was still going, but I'm still here for a few hours.

Good question. During battle his Warg/wolf/whatever is severely injured. He keeps kicking it to move it along but it slows down in pain. He gets off, takes out his mace and finishes it off himself. I watched the cut with 6 other people and this, alongside what happens to Tauriel, is what shocked them. It's not overly graphic, but it just shows that Azog has no patience for weakness.
>>
>>50646415

No, but he does beat the shit out of her. Throws her around, takes arrows to the chest, snaps her bow, pulls her by the hair, etc...
>>
>>50646648
good. was tired of orcs in the series being useless grunts while superman and superwoman elfs danced around them.

how does the fight compare to aragorn/lurtz?
>>
>>50640876
Any truly awful moments like the fucking barrel escape scene?
>>
>>50646648
Please let this be real.
I can truly forgive jackson if he meant to create a female elf who had no place in the movie at all just for him to brutally kill her
>>
In the book Dain kills Azog before the current events and Beorn kills Bolg in the battle. I assume someone else kills them in the movie? Shame if it is so. And what about that epilogue? In the bookverse Dain meets his end while fighting the Easterlings during the War for the Ring. I doubt we'll get to see this or any Easterlings but is there some mention of the Dwarf kingdoms in the future? After all they also fought in the war even though we didn't get to see this.
>>
>>50646625

Please tell me that Sauron isn't treated like a bitch when the White Council attacks, please
>>
Hey guys, I babysit Peter Jacksons dog when he's away and snuck into his study and read the script.

I can confirm everything OP is saying
>>
>>50646744
But it does take away something from Legolas' reaction after Gandalf's fall in Moria.
>>
One more thing.
What happens to Radagast?
>>
>>50646722

The Aragorn/Lurtz fight is superior, BUT I will say that this is the most intense, brutal and bloody fight of this trilogy. Azog literally grabs Kili and makes him watch. Seriously, it's genuinely brutal. I'd imagine some of the hard hits may be cut.

There's no music during the scene, just fighting noises.
>>
How were you able to watch this OP?
>>
How much Orlando bloom is there in this movie?
>>
>>50646814
Not OP but we know that nigga dies. Gandalf has Radagast's staff in Fellowship.
>>
>>50646758

In this Kili kills Bolg, Thorin kills Azog. There's no mention of Dain's fate, but like I said before, the main company of dwares are all given endings as such. The one that got to me was Oin being killed by The Watcher in the Water. It's a short scene, but ultimately ends with Oin sitting by the water facing the gate at Moria. His deaf horn thing was obliterated during the battle of the five armies, so he doesn't hear the Watcher in the Water slowly rising up behind him. It's really quite sad, as the picture fades out right before it grabs him.
>>
>>50646881
I hope he's at least good in the last movie. I don't consider him Jar Jar Binks or anything like that but he lacks really good scenes.
At least there's a chance for all wizards to be together in one scene. Oh and I hope that they didn't put any obvious clues that Saruman will be corrupted.
>>
>in my days trolling meant something
>>
>>50646935
Knowing Jackson and co. they wanted to show the Watcher actually killing something and of course the canon material provides with something like that.
I thought I would be disappointed to learn that they revealed this plot twist from FOTR but I actually like it better. And they can refference Ori being a chronicler of the Journey.
>>
>>50646769

Nope, he's a fucking badass.

>>50646814

Radagast changes a good deal after The Battle of the Five Armies. He's a bit more subdued, as if witnessing the battle kind of showed him how horrible Middle-Earth can be. Gandalf mentions that in time they may need him again, and Radagast kind of just nods, looks down and slowly walks off.

>>50646863

A good bit. More CGI dancing on the head of the dwarves too.

>>50646859

I don't want to say how (I know, you don't believe me), but I didn't work on the film directly.
>>
>>50646944
I really like what they did with him as a character. Gandalf and Saruman are very iconic and classic wizards, with charisma, mystery, power, bitterness, etc. Just having Radagast being another version of Gandakf but brown would have been boring. I like that hes slightly crazy from mushrooms and has a sleigh even. Gives him some of the children's book qualities.
>>
File: 1415368922014.jpg (30KB, 640x450px) Image search: [Google]
1415368922014.jpg
30KB, 640x450px
>>50647012
Who is this guy?
>>
>>50647012
>Radagast changes a good deal after The Battle of the Five Armies. He's a bit more subdued, as if witnessing the battle kind of showed him how horrible Middle-Earth can be. Gandalf mentions that in time they may need him again, and Radagast kind of just nods, looks down and slowly walks off.

There has to be a deleted scene where Saruman kills him. Gandalf has his staff in the next film
>>
>>50647012
>Radagast changes a good deal after The Battle of the Five Armies. He's a bit more subdued, as if witnessing the battle kind of showed him how horrible Middle-Earth can be. Gandalf mentions that in time they may need him again, and Radagast kind of just nods, looks down and slowly walks off.

Well, but he never returns. Unless the moths count.
>>
>>50647039
This. What kind of monsters and shit are in the movie?
>>
>>50647044

He gives it to him, simple as that.
>>
>>50647044
Please no Saruman. He has to remain a good guy until the end but the extended edition should contain a lot of good scenes.

>>50647039
I heard that's a kind of troll. We're gonna see snow trolls and river trolls as well. That's what I heard but I hope it's true.
>>
>>50647054

The eagler that save Gandalf in TFOTR and Frodo and Sam in ROTK

>>50647061

Loads of new creatures, most of which include different types of trolls, crossbreeds, giant worms, large rats, bats, etc

>>50647039

They don't really explain as he's only one enemy, but there is talk of various beasts being interbreed for war. Some looks disfigured as if crossbreeding them fucked up their bodies.
>>
reported for not using spoilers
>>
>>50640876
When will Thorin say, "In a world without gold, we would be heroes?"
>>
If this is all true then it's looking to be decent, but who knows.. OP you best not be joking fagget.
>>
>>50647127
>crossbreeds
Is this film really promoting multicultaralism? Thats fucking disgusting. racemixing and multicultarism sickens me.
>>
File: 1367676908619.jpg (432KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1367676908619.jpg
432KB, 800x800px
>>50647127
>giant worms
>>
Suddenly there's not much else to ask but I'll try to milk it for all it's worth.

Does Bombur say anything?

Is Legolas still a dick to dwarves at the end? Perhaps he blaimes them for Tauriel's death.

Is there any sign of Saruman becoming evil? Evil grin or suspiscious eye?

Any other great surprises that we don't have any clue about?
>>
>>50646935
I like kids movies with dark endings. Maybe I'll see this.
>>
>>50647019
Behold: The Cancer
>>
>>50640876
Is it true that James Deen is in this movie?
>>
>>50647227

I know most people think I'm trolling, but I'm not. I have no proof though.

I am withholding one surprise though, as I don't think anyone wants this spoiled. It's a cameo that has been denied a few times but it has made it into the film. Mentioning this will no doubt lead to everyone thinking i'm trolling even more.
>>
>>50647272
aragorn? god I hope not
>>
>>50647272
What do you drive?
What is your favorite color?
What is the best way to store vegetables?
Do you prefer Yoplait or Dannon yogurt?
>>
>>50647272
Christopher Tolkien?
Wait, no... Gimli? Aragorn? Maybe even *gasp* Peter Jackson?
>>
Does Aragorn show up with the eagles in the end?

Does Bilbo fight?
>>
>>50647272
>It's a cameo that has been denied a few times but it has made it into the film. Mentioning this will no doubt lead to everyone thinking i'm trolling even more.
Chuck Norris? Arnold Schwarzenegger? Bryan Cranston?
>>
Does Smaug's attack on Laketown make up for how weak he looked in the second movie?
>>
>>50640876
Camien wants to ride the Ferris wheel, the roller coaster, and the log ride. The Ferris wheel costs 5 tickets, the roller coaster costs 7 tickets and the log ride costs 1 ticket. Camien has 5 tickets. How many more tickets should Camien buy?
>>
>>50647245

Yes, when they're parting ways Bombur walks up to Bilbo out of earshot of everyone else, touches his shoulder and says "It was a pleasure, Mr.Baggins". Then leaves.

When Tauriel dies he blames them for her death. He hated them before, but going into TFOTR he despises them.

Becoming evil? Saruman makes a deal with Sauron to his face.

>>50647245

Apart from that cameo i mentioned above? I don't think so. Small things that might be of interest are Elrond mentioning Gil-Galad, a scene during the large epilogue (it takes place between THe Hobbit and TLotR) in which Gollum ventures into Mordor looking for his ring.
>>
are there more GoPro recorded scenes?
>>
File: tdkr-0017_772.jpg (29KB, 350x250px) Image search: [Google]
tdkr-0017_772.jpg
29KB, 350x250px
>>50647272
>>
>>50640876
all i want to know is that once released is there enough good content in this to cut out the shit and make a good supercut of the trilogy?
>>
>>50647356
Logan made 4 stacks of wooden blocks. The first stack was 6 blocks tall. The second stack was 2 blocks taller than the first. The third stack was 2 blocks shorter than the second stack, and the last stack was 10 blocks taller than the third stack. How many blocks did Logan use in all?
>>
>>50647365
Crashing the tower

With no survivors
>>
>>50647359
Just your mom's sex scene.
>>
>>50640876
Julian bought 9 packages of cat food and 5 packages of dog food. Each package of cat food contained 5 cans, and each package of dog food contained 4 cans. How many more cans of cat food than dog food did Julian buy?
>>
>>50647328

YES, the scenes of Smaug destroying Laketown are incredible. Very loud, violent and he burns the town to the ground.
>>
>>50640876
Anthony saved $42 in June, $17 in July, and $36 in August. Then Anthony spent $17 on school supplies and $57 on new clothes. How much money does Anthony have left?
>>
>>50647272
Motherfucking Cirdan
>>
>>50647359

Nope, thankfully not.
>>
>>50647285
>>50647304
>>50647326
Tom Bombadil of courshe faggots.
>>
>>50642110
>that ranking of films
dang, mildly looking forward to this now kind of
>>
File: 1374943470196.jpg (16KB, 238x279px) Image search: [Google]
1374943470196.jpg
16KB, 238x279px
>>50647272
Based Viggo.

Calling it now.
>>
>>50647347
>>50647372
>>50647393
>>50647407
Am I 2nd grade again?
>>
>>50647396
How was the music during that scene? Was there any epic choir playing?
>>
>>50647356
>Saruman makes a deal with Sauron to his face.

I'm sure it can be explained. Somehow. Or Christopher Lee the old ruseman lied to us about the noble wizard thing. After all they wanted Sauron off their backs and in LOTR they already know he's in Mordor. I don't know I just think it was a perfect chance to show Saruman back when he was good and so that the reveal in FOTR have more impact.
>>
>tfw you know OP is bullshitting but yet you can't help asking all kinds of questions to him

How was Beorn's arrival at the BOFA? Was it as glorious as Gandalf's arrival at Helm's Deep in TTT?
>>
How was the pacing?

From the trailer, I just imagine the movie as Smaugs attack, then a bunch of people walking around depressed, and then the huge ass battle.
>>
>>50641877
FUCKING BASED BROFUR

Best Dwarf of the trilogy
>>
>>50647493

He just charges in not giving a fuck, basically. I know you think I'm bullshitting, but trust me, this will be the film that will win over Lord of the Rings fans.
>>
does galadriel bring down the walls of dol guldur? or does she only do fighting
>>
>>50647537
Too bad many dwarves haven't got their scenes to shine.

For example Bifur or Fili. Damn especially Fili. He's better than his brother and he's so overlooked. I hope they a chance to be badass.
>>
>>50647272
Viggo, obviously.
>>
I misclicked and came here to /tv/, now I can't leave this thread.

http://4archive.org/tv/thread/50640876
http://4archive.org/tv/thread/50640876
>>
>>50647529

Smaugs attack, Smaug dead, shits starts going down with the Necromancer, White council stuff, dwarf/elven problems, Battle of the Five Armies, end of the battle as Sauron goes to Mordor, Thorins death, Bilbo bids drawves farewell, returns home, epilogue: an ending for each dwarf, moria death, oins death, the Eye of Sauron lights up, ?????, Gollum in mordor, Grey Havens.

That's a basic run down.
>>
How much screentime does Beorn get in human and animal form?

Do Bilbo get enough screentime? I thought he didn't get enough space in the last one.

Are the battles overly cartoony?
Judging from the trailer, I'm a bit concerned with all the gimmicky trolls and such
>>
>>50647617
Damn that's a bit much. I thought this could work as a good prequel to LOTR if you watch it in such order. Could it still work even with all those reveals about Saruman, Balin and Grey Havens?
>>
>>50647624

10 minutes in human and maybe 20 in animal.

He does. Maybe not for the Battle of the Five Armies, but yes they focus on him.

At times yes, but it's clear Jackson is trying to get back to the fights we've seen in TLOTR, namely Aragorn v Lurtz and Pelennor Fields
>>
Would you say that BOFA is the Revenge of the Sith of the hobbit movies?

Will it redeem the prequels?
>>
Why in the fucking fuck is it not called "There and Back Again"? The other two took the same titles from the book.
>>
>>50647663
And it's our first battle in the snow in Middle-Earth. At last. There's not enough snow in LOTR.
>>
How long is the epilogue sequence?
>>
>>50647688
I mean I'm not OP I'm just telling how great it is.

>>50647669
I think people expected too much. Besides unlike both SW trilogies and even LOTR, Hobbit movies are basically one. None of the endings feel natural.
>>
Does the ending of the movie (meaning the last couple of minutes) feel like a proper ending to the trilogy, or does it feel too much like it's foreshadowing LOTR?
>>
>>50647617
>?????
Cmon just tell it in spoilers then.

It's either the birth of Aragorn or something similair; or Tom Bombadil.
>>
File: whoopsie.jpg (30KB, 714x298px) Image search: [Google]
whoopsie.jpg
30KB, 714x298px
>>50647272
Holy fuck, confirmed he's coming back!
>>
>>50647669

Well I liked the first two movies personally, but I think for a lot of people it will. Looking back at how carefree AUJ was compared to how dark TBOTFA gets it kind of makes AUJ feel more welcoming and comfy, much like TFOTR does before Frodo is mentally broken. For me anyway.

>>50647716

It's long. I'd say 15 minutes.
>>
How long is the movie?
>>
>>50647663
>Pelennor Fields
it's the dwarven riders on rams charging, isn't it
>>
how based are elves in the battle? Will they kick some orcish asses or they get rekt like in Two Towers?
>>
I hope this time Jackson cameos as a troll.
Or perhaps they still haven't filmed it yet. They work on these movies to the last day.
>>
>yfw OP is hyping up everyone
>yfw people will be disappointed when they see the movie and realise OP was trolling
>yfw people on this board will hate the movie even more because of that
>yfw OP is a master troll
>>
>>50647755

I have to leave soon anyway. I'll reveal it soon. I'll spoiler tag it though as I don't want to spoil it for everybody.
>>
>>50647843
What are you talking about? They kicked ass in TTT.
Keep in mind it was 400 elves versus 10,000 Uruks.
>>
>>50647847
I don't like some of the things he said. Either way it's not gonna be the end of the world. Some of the stuff he already said is accurate. There really will be strange beast in the battle.
>>
>>50647843

They're like they are during the War of the Ring. Coordinated, fast and precise.
>>
>>50647876
-s
>>
I have to leave. If this thread is still going in a few hours I might have time. But for now here's the big spoiler. Beware, it took me off guard and made the movie for me.

Viggo is back as Aragorn. During the epilogue it covers his first meeting with Gandalf and focuses on him hunting down Gollum. Cut together with some very familiar music, I adored this scene. Viggo still looks the part, and seeing him interact with Ian McKellen was genuinely wonderful. He captures Gollum and brings him to Mirkwood, where he and Gandalf question him about his "precious". This obviously leads right into TFOTR. It drops the blurry, very CGI look of The Hobbit and quite literally looks like a deleted scene from TFOTR. Seriously, this one scene was worth the trilogy.

Thanks for all the questions. Don't believe me? Check this thread after release. You're welcome.
>>
>>50648029
Holy crap they remade The Hunt for Gollum
>>
File: 1415401512832.jpg (32KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
1415401512832.jpg
32KB, 396x385px
>>50648029
If this is not true, I'm going to find you, and kill you.
>>
>>50648055
If all of the info is true I really don't know in which order should I watch these movies. I thought they would work better as prequels. I'm trying of think like someone who's never heard of LOTR. Ok perhaps it still works. Such person would be hyped to know what's next and who's this or that guy.
It can work.
>>
>>50647843
>>50647871
In the Elves' defense Aragorn deciding to head-on charge the Uruks at the breach was fairly stupid. That seemed to have gotten most of them killed.
>>
>>50648029
Damn. Wanted to ask if Viggo looks too old/gray, or whether they made him look 40 again.

Thanks OP, great thread.
>>
>>50648029
So it's time to spam reddit with spoiler ?
>>
>>50647356
>Gollum ventures into Mordor looking for his ring
Why would Gollum look for his ring in Mordor? He knows Bilbo has it and that Bilbo is from the Shire. OP confirmed for being full of shit
>>
>>50648316
Because Gollum is by no means a logical creature?
>>
>>50648316
Yeah that's kinda retarded. In the books it's explained that he just wandered around and that eventually all evil things are drawn to mordor
>>
>>50647356
Explain everything that happens in the Sauron Epilogue PLEASE! not just vaguely its about Sauron but what actually happens.

And the details of Gollums Scene!!!!
>>
>>50648225
That's what you do when castle walls have been breached. You have to either push them back or retreat because if they start spreading out you're fucked.
>>
If RADagast doesn't show up at the battle of 5 surfing around on his rabbit sled I'm gonna be very sad.
>>
>>50648029
I'm not sure I like this. Why can't Lucas and Jackson just leave the original trilogies alone. ;_;
>>
>>50648029
this better be true
>>
>>50640876

Does the arc literally have Mr Twig for a hand now?
>>
>>50641325
The actor is Cumberbatch.
>>
>>50651538
>Cunderchum
>Implying he is fair/handsome/beautiful
>>
>>50651096
It does seem good except for that bit about Saruman. Unfortunately I think this is how it will be. No mysteries.
>>
>>50648029
All this in a 2h 20 min film. Fuck you.
>>
>>50640876
How bad was it?
>>
>>50650642
actually, what DOES radagast do in the battle of 5? any badass stuff?
>>
File: 1396552807829.jpg (29KB, 450x327px) Image search: [Google]
1396552807829.jpg
29KB, 450x327px
>tfw OP is just rusing us
>tfw we will never see tauriel get brutally ravaged by bolg
>>
File: 1416224813902.jpg (22KB, 274x237px) Image search: [Google]
1416224813902.jpg
22KB, 274x237px
I hope no one is actually believing OP. He's not even making an effort, he obviously don't know shit about Tolkien since if he did he'd knew that they can't do stuff about Sauron in the first age, since they don't have the rights to the Silmarillion

Not to mention how the first track on the soundtrack is Fire and Water, so we're obviously getting smaug and not Sauron
>>
>>50653850
I wish PHMP would come back
>>
>>50653850

I'm not lying. You'll eat those words come December 17th.
>>
>>50653763
Nothing he's cowardly. His only appearance in LOTR is him running and going into hiding because the Nine are on the loose.
>>
How long is the movie?
>>
>>50654450
2 hours and 20 minutes
>>
>>50654579
2h20m and it still includes all the shit you mentioned? Even with a 10 minute prologue and 20 minute scene of Smaug attacking Laketown?

I don't know man, i hope you're right because i like some of the things i'm hearing, but i'm finding it kinda hard to believe.
>>
>>50654646

I'm OP, not that guy.

It's all in there. You don't have to believe me man.
>>
>>50654680
>I'm OP, not that guy.

Well then, about how long is the movie?

Also, anything about the music in the film?
>>
>>50641495
>Nope, and she gets brutalized by Bolg. She doesn't make it to the Battle of the Five Armies...
At least hackson did something right
>>
What happens to the elf chick?
>>
>>50654770
Gets admitted to college.
>>
>>50654805

Fucking knew it.
>>
>>50654721

I didn't keep track of the runtime, so I'm going to assume it was the same as they're saying it will be at final cut. The only part I could have seeing being trimmed down was the Bolg v Tauriel fight. That's it.

Nothing much. The only part of the score that I loved prior to the prologue was the Sauron/Mordor theme that kicks in when the White Council go up against Sauron.
>>
>>50647847
master shill more like it
>>
Does Morgoth make an appearance in the last battle?
>>
>>50654923

I have no idea who that is, but no. I haven't read the books.
>>
File: 143250484530.png (16KB, 291x300px) Image search: [Google]
143250484530.png
16KB, 291x300px
>>50641115

Fucking Hackson. Study the lore you fat fuck.
>>
>>50642110
I don't want to believe this is true, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hoping for it...
>>
>>50655050
What does the lore say about this then?
>>
Do you see Bilbo's return trip to home? Does Beorn join them?
>>
>>50655090
There are different varieties of trolls. Some can speak and some are stupid as shit.
>>
>>50655121
I don't think any are particularly intelligent
>>
We need a detailed explanation of this prologue of Sauron.
>>
>>50655294
You won't get one because it's bullshit.
Jackson would never be allowed to incorporate Silmarillion elements.
>>
Some of this stuff seems too good to be true and the rest seems too bad to be true. I don't believe any of it
>>
File: 1385323049946.jpg (2MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1385323049946.jpg
2MB, 4000x3000px
>mfw this shit is going viral

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11433&p=1059896
http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=796936#796936

GJ OP, great baiting
>>
Do you think Peter Jackson loves Jew cum?
>>
If this is viral at least lets talk about our "may-mays" like big guy or for you
>>
DAIN?
>>
>>50655870
a big dwarf for you
>>
>>50655768
It was posted on the TheOneRing.net forum as well
>>
>>50655993
Disregard that, I suck cocks. I saw now that you linked that as well
>>
>>50656020
*unzips dick*
>>
File: Totally not Jackson.png (1MB, 887x664px) Image search: [Google]
Totally not Jackson.png
1MB, 887x664px
Say OP, how did you see this earlier? And where?
>>
If it's bullshit it's actually for good. Tauriel will suffer anyway and the movie won't be such a parade of spoilers from LOTR.
>>
"Dr Gandalf, I'm Bag End."
"He wasn't alone."
"You don't get to bring friends."
"They are not my friends..."
"Don't worry, no food for them."
"And why would I want them?"
"They were trying to grab Smaug's prize. They work for the dwarf. The manletta man."
"THRAIN?"
"Erh."
"Get them inside, I'll call it in!"

"The food I have in the pantry will be enough for me, my elevensies, Dr Gandalf here, but only one of you!"
"First one to talk gets to stay in my hobbit hole!"
"Who paid you to eat my fish?"
"He didn't chew so good!"
"Who wants to try next?"
"Tell me about Thorin! Why does he wear the Oakenshield?"
"A lotta loyalty for a homeless dwarf!"
"Or perhaps he's wondering why someone would feed a dwarf before throwing him out of a hobbit hole!"
"At least you can talk! Who are you?"
"It doesn't matter who we are. What matters is our map."
"No one cared who I was till I put on the Oakenshield..."
"If I pulled that off, would you cry?"
"It would be extremely sorrowful."
"You're a big dwarf."
"For you."

"Was getting nothing to eat part of your plan?"
"Of course!"
"Dr Gandalf gave us an offer favoring you. We had to find out what you told him."
"Good morning! He said good morning!"
"Well, congratulations! You got nothing to eat! Now what's the next step of your master plan?"
"Raiding this pantry..."
"WITH NO LEFTOVERS!"
>>
File: descarga.jpg (6KB, 219x231px) Image search: [Google]
descarga.jpg
6KB, 219x231px
>>50656658
>pic r8
>>
Reminder that this thread is archived for future reference.
Let's see if this teaches us a thing or two about trusting a anon.

>http://4archive.org/tv/thread/50640876
>>
>>50647127
>giants worms
graboids from tremors
>>
>>50647778
such archer, such skill

please let it be
>>
>>50641115
This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. No one was expecting you to explain this, Jackson. Why the fuck did you feel a need to put it in the movie?
Thread posts: 268
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.