[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>biggest faux pas you can do or have seen in a hostel GO!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 8

File: jersey-shore-face.jpg (62KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
jersey-shore-face.jpg
62KB, 533x800px
>biggest faux pas you can do or have seen in a hostel

GO!
>>
>be staying in Miami hostel
>Swedish dude and chick from Georgia have pot
>hell yeah dude I'm down
>go to this black dudes room to light up
>can barely get a toke off this shitty joint
>hostel owner bursts in tells us all to get out
>black dude wasn't even smoking
>we didn't even get high
>stay with this chick I met off couchsurfing
>eat her whole pot brownie
>wake up in a dream
>leave for new Orleans next day
Man I was/still am a piece of shit stoner
>>
File: 1256922877884.jpg (10KB, 251x246px) Image search: [Google]
1256922877884.jpg
10KB, 251x246px
>>944955

Hostel in Barcelona
>Get back to room and theres this shifty looking asshole who seems startled and high of his fucking head
>Uhhh hey guys, i just busted this dudes locker open, guy has a tonne of cash, iPad, laptop and camera, wanna split it ?

Turns out it was my friends locker
We basically kicked the fuck out of him, dragged him to reception and told the owner

The owner phoned the police who came in a few minutes, it was just off the Ramblas and they arrested him

The next morning the guys girlfriend was going insane as she didnt know what happened to him, so we told her that he left with another chick in the next room and told us not to say anything, but because she was drunk he tried to force himself upon her and the police got involved and lifted him

Hilarious
>>
>>945008

Lel

Get rekt thief
>>
>>945008
rekt
>>
>>945008
I've seen the after-effects of someone being robbed, a sobbing brit girl who's holiday was completely fucked because she suddenly couldn't cross the next border due to not having a passport anymore, had no money or cards, had to wire family for money, beg the hostel to let her stay for free until money arrived and then go to the capital and apply for a new passport and probably by the time it arrived, she'd just have to go home because her holiday would be up. Plus she's probably run out of money anyway.

I've never seen anyone actually do anything particularly bad though.

Haven't had people smoke inside, never witnessed a theft, a few noisy people packing/unpacking at night but that's hard to avoid and I've done it myself when I was leaving early or arriving late. Had some loud snorers but ear-plugs always work and it's not actually their fault anyway.

Seen people sharing bunks before and some people get changed in public, neither bother me at all. Except when the Venezuelan chick was one of the ones sharing a bunk and this idiotic brit beat me to her, that was disappointing, I'd had a flirtation going with her for a bit, I felt sure I was going to score.

Some Israeli guy left nut pistachio shells all over the floor, that was pretty rude. Had people tramp in water/mud before.

I don't think I've seen anything worse than just making mess though and I've been traveling on-and-off for years. Mostly people are ok.
>>
>>944955

i hate hostels. i much prefer 2 star hotels.

however, aside from the shittiness and uncleanliness of the hostel itself, i think the worst i've dealt with are just shitty drunks in the shared bathroom and sketchy homeless looking guys in the lobby. A few weeks ago I woke up to disgusting guy throwing up in the bathroom around 5am. i was pissed as he fucked up the whole bathroom that only had one toilet.
>>
be that one guitar playing faggot in the common area
>>
>>945456
Thats me. You mad I get laid more than you? Or just mad I have an art?
My favourite thing to do is to rip a fat delta blues fingerpicking solo next to some bitch trying to skype.
>>
Haven't been to many hostels yet, but this was probably the funniest thing I've experienced, it was literally something out of a movie.

>Share room with two scousers
>One of them has birthday, so naturally they get wasted
>Whatever, don't really mind them
>Went clubbing with other people, had great time
>Come back at 8am
>Notice the birthday boy isn't around, his mate is
>Other guy is half-awake, ask him where his friend is
>'Fookin' ell', I've no ideah m8'
>Just think whatever, went to the bathroom to brush teeth and put my contacts off
>Open bathroom door
>Birthday-Liverpudlian literally sleeping on the middle of the floor in the bathroom
>Fast forward to a few hours later
>Birthday lad hung over as all hell asks
>'Oi m8, how late did you get home this morning?'

I'm sure I'm in for a lot more fun, this was only my second stay at a hostel ever.
>>
I would NEVER stay at a hostel. Airbnb offers so much more. How can you live with drunk people sharing your room? Are you all barbarians?
>>
>>945472
it's mostly for socializing, getting drunk with others and easy chicks, plus it's (usually) the cheapest option
you don't go there for comfort
>>
>>945473
Yeah, it's mostly for the social life. The hostel I'm in had an organised dinner party last night, it was great fun.
>>
>>945456
Yeah thats bad. If you ever go to SEA you would know about the dreadlocked surfer australian who has that laid back twang and is as easy going as a gentle Michigan summer breeze.
>>
How old is too old for hostels?
>>
>>945624
Depends on the person. I met an awesome guy in his 60's. He lost his wife abut 2 years beforehand and decided to travel the world. because he was traveling alone, he chose hostels. I went to dinner with him, drank beers, and so did many other people of all ages. I'm 33 and I still stay in hostels when I want to.
>>
>>945624
25+ is too old.
you look sad as fuck.
>30 yo here
>>
>>945627
I'm 30 too and this is how I felt and opted for hotels instead this time.

>>945626
This makes me think I could've been okay. I love the security and comfort of a hotel but with the social atmosphere of the hostel. Why is this not a thing? Not enough people want the combo?
>>
>>945624
Depends on the person and the hostel. The best part about hostels is meeting a bunch of people. I met people in their mid 30's who felt completely comfortable hanging out with people in their 20s. On the other hand I met some very young travelers who were just douches to everyone older. Basically outside of any western country age doesn't matter, in western countries you just have to watch out for party hostels and stay away from them.
>>
>>945628
>>945627

I posted some threads asking about this (I'm 29 and planning on going on a year-long trip) and everyone told me that it didn't matter.
>>
>>945627
dude stop it. i was 23 (now 24) when i did my eurail and met tons of late 20s early 30 year olds. tbh there are too many schoolies doing OEs and that can sometimes ruin the vibe. it all depends on the person really
>>
>>945462
"this next one's call Wonderwall guys, sing along if you know the words"
>>
>be in Berlin hostel travelling by myself.
>Hanging out in a 6 dorm all guys room with a a 3 man group of anglos (scot, australian and english) along with 2 bavarians who just finished high school.
>tag along on pub crawl with these guys
>Bar has a special for 400 shots
>Challenge is accepted between the groups.
>I noped right out thinking nothing good was going to come out of doing this
>return to hostel at 1 am.
>Get woken up by Police doing a raid on our room at 4.
>In walks the guys in plastic handcuffs getting ordered to find their passports.
>Scottish guy is shouting about how he "dindu nuffin" and to "leht meh goo"
>Find out they were jumping on cars setting off alarms, tagging, sneaking onto the top of trains and behaving like young hooligans.
>kind of regreted not doing that challenge with them.
>>
>>945462
why the fuck do you need to bring it upon yourself to take a guitar with you when backpacking? that annoys me more than anything.
>>
I've had some low moments in hostels. The lowest was probably cooking crack in a hostel kitchen in a wednesday afternoon so I could have a nice relaxing smoke of crack. Most fucked thing I've seen in a hostel was a girl getting double fisted in the middle of a dorm room in a hostel in Budapest.
>>
>>945627
>25+ is too old.
>you look sad as fuck.
>this is what beta 18 to 22 year old males who are worried we'll steal their girls actually believe
>>
>>945642

Top kek
>>
Someone stole my deodorant in Singapore ; _ ;
>>
>>945648
that's really awesome, do you have anymore drug stories to share you sound like an amazing traveler
>>
>>944955

Possibly the Canadian guy who was a little bit over refreshed projectile vomiting all over the floor when he arrived back at the dorm, top bunk ftw on that occasion
>>
>>944955
I have a habit of forgetting to hire a towel and ending up stealing (well, borrowing) one from the linen closet at 2am. Sometimes I do it because the hostel is charging rip-off prices for them.
>>
>>945428
>not sleeping in a coat that has your passport and wallet on inside pockets
>>
>>945628
Stay at hostels but opt for a private room instead of the dorms.
>>
When I got back really drunk once I must have tried to pull off my jeans and accidentally pulled my pants down too, then fallen asleep like that. I woke up at like 11am the next day with my naked hairy arse exposed for all to see.

Another time I punched a guy in face after he threw an empty bottle at me while I was trying to sleep. And another time I was really drunk and knocked on the door at like 3am until someone let me in and then passed out on the floor.
>>
>>945803
you seem like the kind of guy people love sharing hostels with

i hate this whole LOOOL HOSTELS I CAN ACT AS ANNOYING AS I WANT LET'S GET WASTEEEED xDDDDD culture
you're the kind of guy that goes to amsterdam to smoke weed
>>
>>945804
I'm not necessarily proud of myself, just sharing some embarrassing stories. I do drink heavily in evenings but I'm not really one of those #ladsontour travellers; you would probably find me personable if you met me.
>>
File: DSC_0506.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0506.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
Disgusting fungus feed faggot
>>
>>945809
He looks like he just treked across middle earth to mordor.
>>
>>945627
Not at all. I'm 24 and I just spent a month in Thailand virtually everyone I spent a significant amount of time hanging out with was older than me, from 25 all the way up to ~40.
>>
>>945627

Bullshit, I'm 24 and backpacked all over Eastern Europe last year, no one ever reacted to my age and I met several people who were older. I've seen people in their 40's sleep in dorms and go on pub crawls, and for the most part people don't care as long as they're being cool guys. Which they usually are.
>>
>>945711
I'm not proud of it, it was a definite low point in my life. Is cooking crack in a hostel kitchen not a pretty big faux pas? Get your head out of your arse.
>>
>>945618
That's me.
But you won't see me because I live in a small village in Malaysia.
>>
>>945627
>stayed in a hostel in Tblisi when I was 27
>was one of the youngest guests
>>
>>945627
>staying in a hostel on an island in the middle of lake malawi
>random indian guy at least 60 years old
>challenging everyone to indian leg wrestling
>he's clearly high as fuck but effortlessly beats every other guest
>>
>>944955
At Hostel in Amsterdam.
Go out with German guy and English girl for dinner. Get some sandwiches or something. On the walk back on the corner of the block where the hostel is, see a guy completely fucked up trying to take a selfie with a local's dog. Try to take a photo of what is happening. He notices and wants to become friends. Tells us about a drug hook up he has. Invites us into his hotel which is across the st. I'm so nervous about doing this but German is like fuck yes let's just do this man. English girl goes back to hostel.

Get into hostel and his friends are in there doing cocaine. Invite me to but my nose is too blocked. Rub some on my gums. They call up drug hookup and the German and I ask to get some MDMA. Lots happened in between. I'm dragging this out a lot but I end up getting back to the hostel rolling way too fucking hard. I'm speaking probably way too passionately to some Scottish girls and then a couple who are teachers. I do the same in the smoking room. I'm not too bad. Like I wasn't making a scene but taking a party drug and then being really sociable in a smoking room... just isn't the place for it.

It's like 5am and I climb the stairs to the fucking 4th floor of this hostel which is like the equivalent of the 6th floor anywhere else. My key card isn't working. Have a 2 hour shower. Sort of crashing hard at this point and feel like I've overdosed and am going to die. Recover for walk to get key card fixed. Get keycard and spend the rest of the night chewing the pillow listening to Kanye.

I don't know... kind of embarrassing and a big misstep but I wasn't going to be in Amsterdam for the weekend and just wanted to get fucked up once.
>>
>>946146
I'm only remembering now, but I knocked on the door twice. Which is a shitty thing to do at that time of night. Wasn't too loud, though. Kind of like, if anyone is up, help me out.

Usually I am so quiet and conscientious of others... like prepack everything I need for the next day. But I was feeling like dying at that point and it was so fucking far up.
>>
>>945645
This has to be a joke, a scot, aussie and a brit? All you need is throw a Russian in there and you'd just get drunk from standing in the vicinity
>>
>>944955
I'm at work atm but boy have I got a hostel story for you. It ends with a 45 year old severely autistic man masturbating in the middle of our hostel room

I have never met a man as fucked up as this guy...
>>
>>946155

waiting for this, checked those dubs too
>>
>>946121
>>946119
>>945908
>>945879
>>945666
>>945640
>40 years old
>going on pub crawls with 22 year olds
>not sad
this is called a mid-life crisis, and it is sad.
Well guys, feel free to have fun in your loud, stinky hostels. I'm not physically judging you since I won't be there to see you. But on /trv/, I can judge your sad asses all day long. Get a job, faggots.
>>
>>944955
bunk bed. I was on top. i puked over, directly into the azn girls who was sleeping downstairs shoes's

kind of fun, i didnt remember, shje told me the next day
>>
>>946164
I'm 38 and have no problem staying in hostels when I feel like it. I do it for the social aspect. You meet all sorts of cool people. Nobody has ever had an issue with my age, and there are plenty of people of my age too.

I have a job btw, and can easily afford to stay at 5star hotels. Which I do as well, but sometimes I take the hostel just for the socializing. You must be one of those guys that's mad that I can afford to take the young girls out for drinks and dinner and pay for it all.
>>
>>946198
>You must be one of those guys that's mad that I can afford to take the young girls out for drinks and dinner and pay for it all.
why would anyone be mad about that?
looks more desperate than anything tbh
>>
File: angora rabbit.jpg (84KB, 878x658px) Image search: [Google]
angora rabbit.jpg
84KB, 878x658px
>>946164
>assume air of maturity
>still judging people on the internet

I may have bad news concerning how others perceive this.
>>
File: o_coming.jpg (9KB, 223x288px) Image search: [Google]
o_coming.jpg
9KB, 223x288px
>>946155
Waiting
>>
>>945466
>this was only my second stay at a hostel ever.

I was going to say, hella boring story.
>>
File: 1416498977166.jpg (43KB, 540x696px) Image search: [Google]
1416498977166.jpg
43KB, 540x696px
>>945466
>Birthday-Liverpudlian literally sleeping on the middle of the floor in the bathroom

The absolute madman
>>
>>946204
>tfw have a job and taking a college girl out is almost like not spending any money.

Spending money on girls is sad in college but when you have even just a little bit of money it makes no dent at all in your pockets but it makes life so much easier.
>>
>>946228
Exactly. It's pocket change. I can buy a round of beers for people I've just met in a hostel. It's negligible money for me, but for them it's like "oh wow, are you sure?" I'm not rich, I just have a normal day job, but it's easy to forget that whatever little money you might spend is huge for the people you meet in the hostel.

And it's not like I do it for "hurr durr I paid for dinner now gimme pussy". I take people out and pay because it's fun and I enjoy it. If I get sex from it, then great, if not, then who cares.
>>
Best thing I've seen was a guy who pushed his girlfriend through drywall and then made her pay for the damage. Wasn't aggressive or anything they were just playing around but he totally blamed her.

>>946227
10/10 reply
>>
>>946229
>GUYS THIS ROUND IS ONE ME DON'T WORRY - I CAN AFFORD IT HAHA YEAH I HAVE A JOB WHY DO YOU ASK? OH SURE YEAH I CAN PAY FOR DINNER TOO NO BIG DEAL I HAVE A JOB AFTER ALL BUT I STILL SLEEP AT HOSTELS YEAH THAT'S JUST THE KIND OF GUY I AM I MEAN I CAN AFFORD IT SO WHY NOT LOL GUYS IT'S ON ME
>>
>>946231
I have rarely seen this amount of buttmad in a single post on /trv/. Are you sure you were not trying to reach /r9k/ and accidentally clicked on the wrong board?
>>
>>946229
some slightly older guy kept offering to buy drinks for people in a hostel in thailand i was at and we all thought it was weird
>>
>have been to a handful of different hostels in the US, Caribbean, Australia and Europe
>have never been invited out by other guests or really even talked to

why am I so autistic?
>>
Haven't witnessed a whole lot of bad stuff in hostels since I usually rent a private room, but once in Belgrade I overheard a discussion between the Serb bartender and some Swede where the latter was drunk, blaming Serbia for all the woes in Europa, calling them child murderers and so on. He was thrown out of the hostel, but I'd love to see the same confrontation in a nightclub and not a hostel bar.
>>
I once spent a night drinking with some people I just met in that hostel and threw up all over the floor in a private room in a hostel. One of the staff members I was drinking with helped with the clean up... Sorry dude.
>>
>>946248
why don't you try to start some convo's yourself?
>>
>>946227

touché, it was kind of funny though.

also, considering the guy on the picture is wearing a United top, I'm quite certain he isn't a scouser
>>
>>945767
That girl had been an idiot and left her handbag with everything in it on her bed while she went and had a shower.

I'm not saying that she wasn't stupid, just that I've seen what happens when travellers steal from other travellers.
>>
>>946322
I see this a lot...the only shit I leave unlocked is stuff I am prepared to lose. Last trip some guy just left his credit card n passport sitting on his bunk n left the room...I was going to mention it to him but he spoke no English

Saying this I've done stupid shit like leaving my passport on the hostel reception desk....we have all been there
>>
>>946217
>>946163
>>946155

right finally got round to this, sorry i was shattered.

Anyway I just got back from a london/paris/amsterdam break for 2 weeks.

In paris, I hooked up with this american girl and ended up sleeping in her bunk (yeah....) I didnt spent a single night in my room as this one was far more awesome people wise as well.

a part from NICK.

Nick is a 45 year old american from new york. Nick is severly autistic and mentally retarded.

My first introduction to Nick came early in the evening at the hostel bar...the aussies from the room were telling me about how they had this slightly crazy american guy in their room. I brushed it off, he then came up behind me and started asking the girl next to me if she wanted a foot massage, or if she could give him one...in the most autistic way possible.

Nick then continues to greet everyone he sees, he greets them with a compliment...its like hes been taught this is how you greet people.

"nice shirt"
"i like your breasts"
"would you like a massage"
"thats a nice beer"

Anyway fast forward 6 hours and me and this girl are hooking up in her bunk, theres a bit of tom foolery going on all around the dorm room, people were fairly okay with it.

So what does nick do...he starts asking for back massages and then tells us he is masturbating over us, thanks Nick.

Anyway im there doing my thing and Nick decides its time to talk politics...."OBAMA IS A NIGGER, y'all communists if you disagree"....girl im with them proceeds to have a shouting match with Nick.

Thanks Nick.

Fast forward to the morning

Nick offers us a strip tease, we decline...he gets very dissapointed and calls us all horrible people who abuse him. Theres also a new girl in the room who just wants to sleep....we leave her alone with Nick. She requested a transfer within an hour. Nick offered a massage and harrased her.

1/1
>>
>>946346
Me and this girl come back after a day of wandering around paris...we ask nick how his day was...he clambers down his bunk to meet us in nothing but his white stained underwear.
Nick has done his laundry today, he also spoke to his supposedly long lost father....Nick is a habitual liar as well, so we doubt this.

2 hours later I come back to the room, nick is jokingly being egged on to do a strip tease (he offered)....the music plays the lights dim, its all too much for me, I borrow a keycard and wait for the screams to begin.
I come back in to the sight of nick zipping up his trousers and calling us all horrible people and that he wanted to do it for us.

anyway we all brush it off and go down for dinner at the hostel bar...nick joins us.
Me and nick have a talk about his life...apparently nick is a photographer and owns several small businesses....i doubt this. Nick shows me some of his photography...its all shitty shots of train stations taken with an s3 mini, i try to nod and look interested.
a few more massages are offered, some breasts complimented, my choice of shirt commended. Then out of no where Nick bursts into tears...like full on bawling his eyes out in the middle of the bar.
Everyone is spaghettying, no one knows what to do, me and the girl next to me exchange furvative glances...do we say something, in the end we just tried to continue our conservation and ignore nick who screaches intermittantly....

2/2
>>
>>946350
Fast forward to the evening, nick has recovered and seems to be in a better state. Me and him move on to religion, I avoid my views fearing the consequences of revealing I am an atheist. Nick is apparently spirtually japanese or some shit. hes a shaoling buddah whos also roman catholic....
Nick likes guns but the bible says guns are bad. Nick suddenly decides he wants a ciggarette...nick doesnt smoke. He is given one then proceeds to go outside and smoke theatrically while watching at us, throwing rocks at the window when we turn away.

Fast forward to 3am. Nick wakes us all up saying his heart hurts and that he needs help. Nick has mentioned he has a heart condition before...Nick is a habitual liar.
When someone finally offers to help him, it turns out that what he actually wants is a therapy sessions and some codelling. and proceeds to sit on the terrified girls bed.
When she tells him to leave he runs off screaming that we are all abusing him and off he went into the night.

5 mins later we hear arguing out the window...its nick, hes foung some large black men outside, and is proceeding to outline how obama is a nigger but that they are respectable black men. Bless.
So the girl im with being the sweetie she is decides to go down and find out whats going on..yes shes worried for nick. I dont care if Nick lives or dies but i was worried for her.

we chat with the reception and security, turns out nick had gone off into the night in -2 weather in just a t-shirt....after having an altercation with several black males.

Reception are aware of nick and have received an unmatched number of complaints.
>>
File: nick_cray_cray.jpg (43KB, 384x381px) Image search: [Google]
nick_cray_cray.jpg
43KB, 384x381px
>>946353
To end the story of Nick.

I woke up the following morning and the american girl I was with told me not to open the curtains....I opened them. Nick is there, stark naked masturbating. That image of his podgy dishelved body and tiny penis will be forever seared into my mind.

We tell him to stop, he seems to think we like it more and that it made up for last night even though we were "abusive" to him...at this point im legitamtely scared of nick.

anyway, a few hours later Nick got kicked out the hostel and banned from the entire chain. He started masturbating to a girl...alone and trying to come into her bed.

Nick was sighted one last time before I left paris, apparently scaling the arc de triumph armed with his trusty samsung s3>

Side stories/notes:

Nicks bunk mate would often here him masturbating late at night and then awaken to nick standing there, staring at him in his underwear.

Nick can actually speak french, we assumed this was a lie too.

Nick is supposedly wanted for felony crimes in the US, something about fake anthrax threats.

Nick was asking around for hotel money the day after, we assume he was just maxing out credit cards.

I dont think ive actually descibed nick very well...he was so fucked up its hard to get it across, everything about him was awkward and forced.

This is Nick.
>>
Nick just sounds like a typical +25 yo hostel guest to me.

awkward, weird, poor
>>
>>946359
my mother teaches special needs...i have never met anyone as scary, fucked up or unstable as nick.
>>
>>945456
>"i only brought one spare pair of undies, a toothbrush and an extra tshirt. you just dont understand how to travel light bro"
>brings guitar
>>
>>946346
>>946350
>>946353
>>946358
fuck that was scary but interesting at the same time. I liked the writing style though anon, thanks for sharing
>>946359
stop b8ing, we're not gonna bite
>>
>>946368
glad you found it interesting. I can generally write quite well, but thats a bit all over the place tbh.

Might tidy it all over the weekend and post a fucked up hostel thread.
>>
>>946370
Retarded people can be scary when they're all grown up. That guy belongs in care not running around by himself but it's a serious thing to say that an adult human isn't allowed to walk around on their own. It usually takes incidents before some court will sign off on it.

CWC is on his way down that same path, though he's maybe not as bad masturbation wise. Imagine if he learnt another language and started back-packing around the place?
>>
>>944955
Sex in crowded places, but only because it reminds me of my own isolation.
>>
>>946164
i can sense a little bit of envy and jealousy in you in not liking the vibe of 'stinky hostels' or the enthusiasm of young people. no lie or trolling but i feel really sorry for you.
>>
>>946263
working in a hostel must be harder work now that i think about it and read replies in this thread. I lost my virginity in a camp ground in venice and i got super drunk vomitting in my bed, on the girls nice breasts and the tent, and ended up spilling tons of whiskey and my condom on the wall. come to think about it i came back and some poor illegal migrant worker who fled his home country ended cleaning that abomination. sorry dude.
>>
>>944955
I've got plenty of stories...

but what stands out:
- Chilean fag who hotboxed the entire hostel room in Amsterdam. Hostel had many clearly posted NO TOKING IN ROOMS signs everywhere. I wouldn't have minded if maybe he shared (I was leaving that evening)... He was done and baked when I got back, and mumbled a few words then went into the attached toilet and proceeded to shit really farty diarrhea for the next 20 minutes. Hilarious when I think back on it.
- People coming into the room way past midnight, turning lights on, talking, zipping and scrunching bags loudly and shit. WHAT. THE. FUCK. Worse case was when these two French faggots did this in a room I had otherwise had to myself at 3:30 am. Once they settled in, they snored really loud bizarre snores too. Fuckers.
- Two British girls sitting around in their bra/panties slowly "getting changed" while a roomful of guys try to hide their boners.
- Danish girl and her boyfriend at a hostel in Spain... totally unashamed of their nudity, which is like, OK YOU GO GIRL, but really?... Really? They were still sleeping when a buddy and me woke up one morning. She was intertwined with her boyfriend and totally naked on a top bunk (relatively low, eye level bunks), so I got a good long look at her tits and big blonde bush. If this had been in the era of smart phones, I'd have taken some creeper shots. Another day, she got up topless but with panties on, casually put on a big loose t-shirt and proceeded to some yoga-like stretches, ass in the air, ample down-shirt views, etc. etc. All like it weren't even a thang. WTF Danes.
- Hostel in India that was run by an elderly man who had obviously run the place since the 1970s (pics and newspaper articles about the place all over the place), but clearly gone slightly insane.
>>
>>946396
>CWC
who is cwc?
>>
>>946454
Deeply disturbed man who writes shitty comics about a character he invented called Sonichu. He was recently arrested for macing a Gamestop employee because a cardboard cutout had arms the wrong colour.
>>
>>946446
>- People coming into the room way past midnight, turning lights on, talking, zipping and scrunching bags loudly and shit. WHAT. THE. FUCK. Worse case was when these two French faggots did this in a room I had otherwise had to myself at 3:30 am. Once they settled in, they snored really loud bizarre snores too. Fuckers.

It's ALWAYS the French who do this!
>>
>>946524
>recently arrested for macing a Gamestop employee
Damn, I had heard about the glitter-bomb threats but mace is new.

Anyway, the point stands, imagine if he started backpacking because he realised that staying in mixed-sex hostel dorms is a good way to meet boyfriend-free girls?
>>
>OMG people who snore shouldn't stay in hostels, thats like so rude they should get their own room blah blah blah whinge whinge whinge

this is what my friend told me when we were in Myanmar.
I told her she should have earplugs, the onus is on the light sleeper.

who's right?

>>945710
that's like the worst thing to ever happen in Singapore

>>945646
maybe the guitar is just lying around the hostel

>>945624
ive met cool older people at hostels. no one gives a shit except for fagets like >>945627 whom you wouldn't wanna hang out with anyway

>>946358
damn

>>946370
wait a month or six, this board is slow
>>
>>946536
>this is what my friend told me when we were in Myanmar.
>I told her she should have earplugs, the onus is on the light sleeper.

It's a tough one because I'm generally in favour of people not inconveniencing others but...

The snorer can't choose not to snore, they may not in fact know that they snore. They may not snore normally, dorms can have uncomfortable mattress and/or temperatures, tropical countries can be hot and humid etc.

Earplugs is a sensible thing regardless and who stays in hostels without having some anyway? Snoring isn't a problem for everyone, just for light sleepers so she's taking more offence over it than other people will.

It's non-trivial but I favour earplugs.
>>
>>946536
Luckily I grew up in a household with a very loud snorer so I can sleep even through the most chainsaw like snoring without a problem
>>
>>946536
I'm a light sleeper but I have sympathy for snorers. They can't help it and it must be embarrassing for them. Having said that, I still get frustrated almost to the point of tears when I'm forced to lie awake all night because of some dude's disgusting nasal rasping. And of course, there is snoring and then there is SNORING - the latter usually committed by people drunk off their faces.
>>
Once I stayed in this cheapest of the cheap hostel in Wellington. There were loads of semi-homeless people staying there. This one old guy in my dorm, who looked homeless, would start raging and cursing very loudly in his sleep, at random moments during the night. Like some PTSD thing or something.

Scared the fuck out of me the first time, after that it was just like a loud snorer.
>>
>>946539
>>946542
snoring is almost always caused by being overweight and poor health habits. there ARE fixes, but most people just don't bother.

snorers should just get a private room. especially in third world countries where it's all cheap as fuck.

they're literally sacrificing the sleep of 12 other people just because they "don't know they snore." yeah fucking right.
>>
>>946571
>yeah fucking right

Are you implying people can hear themselves snore? If nobody tells you then you have no way of knowing.
>>
>>946575
I very occasionally snore, like once or twice a year (when I have a cold/am drunk/sleep in the A/C and lay on my back).
It wakes me up after the 2nd time then I proceed to lay on my side.
I'm not even a light sleeper but I can hear myself snore.
>>
>>946536
A light snorer doesn't bother me at all. I can't get used to sleeping with ear plugs or an eye mask but usually don't even notice other people snoring.

Except this one time. I was in Portland, OR and this one obese guy, he was probably autistic too cause he acted like a fedora faggot just snored the loudest snore ever. I was sleeping on the top bunk but the guy sleeping underneath got up a few times and got the obese guy to sleep on his side. It was impossible to fall asleep otherwise.

>>946443
I would never want to work in a party hostel. The amount of shitheads who destroy the place you have to deal with is enormous.I would just get fed up all the time. I never saw that guy who helped clean up my vomit afterwards, should have left a note with the front desk saying I'm sorry...
>>
>>946571
Yeah, from a utilitarian POV, the responsibility to move should lie on the snorer rather than everyone else in the dorm who is bothered by the snoring.
>>
>>946526
In my experience as well. It's also the French who will do Skype calls at 3am when everyone else is trying to sleep.
>>
>>946578
Well I apparently sound like a chainsaw but I have never heard myself snore under any circumstances.
>>
>in an 8 person dorm room in new zealand
>german douchebags appear, 1 in particular has zero sense of courtesy
>he's loud throughout the night
>i'm waking up around 5/6am so I get up and quietly get my things to go
>german guy jumps down from his top bunk and shouts
>GOOD MORNING MARTY
>(my name isn't even marty)
>>
>>946454

Christian Weston Chandler
>>
>>946346
bit tl;dr, but...
>Nick is severly autistic and mentally retarded.
How did he even wind up in Paris?

>>946358
...is Nick you? You habitual liar.
>>
How do you approach people and make friends when you arrive at a hostel? Many hostels I've been to I just end up being alone, which sucks. If there's an arrangement going on, like pub crawls, I often tag along and meet people that way, but in the vast majority of cases I end up doing the actual travelling alone (ie. seeing sights etc). It goes back to me being socially retarded, but also very often people are never in the room (where it's easy to start a conversation), they just stick together in groups in the common areas. I find it hard to just intrude into a group of people talking, especially when I'm sober.

How do normal people do this?
>>
>>946633
you're supposed to say
>'ello m8
>>
>>946652
its easier if you see two different groups of people, or two other strangers conversing
thats when you swoop in with the
>sup guys
>where you guys from
>how long you been here
>>
>>946353
>spiritually japanese
kek
>>
>>946654

So that's the normal way of doing it? To me it seems unnatural to just break into a conversation between other people like that, but I guess I'm just anxious about making an ass out of myself...
>>
>>946658
well it might be weird in normal life, especially if you aren't american and used to talking to everyone you see
but you're in a hostel. you're never going to see these people again. thats just how it happens. you sit down and start chatting with one, two, or many people that just met each other too
>>
>>946660
Thanks for the advice, I'll try to put it into practice next time I'm travelling.
>>
>>946662
Honestly dude, it's not just you.

I'm not socially awkward, but we have all been there...

Two tips I can give.

1) Have a conversation starter other than just hi I'm nick. I like your tits.

Ask them where something is etc

2) stay at slightly more expensive but better rated hostels. They tend to attract a better breed of traveller rather than people who just need a place to stay.
>>
>>946649
I think he is on the run from a felony charge in the USA. He could function he just had no social skills or awareness.
>>
>>946649
good one
>>
>>946666
Also walking tours. Great way to do it.
and great thing to do in general.

I'm English beeN to London 100s of times. I have to fly through there to get to places so I often hostel it. I've still done a few walking tours and thoroughly enjoyed them.
>>
>>946359
>typical +25 yo hostel guest

Geez, I started backpacking when I was 26. Have I missed something?
>>
>>946666
Languages are great tool. Well, this is my hobby, and perhaps some personal skill to memorize bullshit but perhaps you find it useful.

Try to learn greetings or some funny phrases in foreign languages. When you hear someone speaking it, just use what you got. This is fantastic opener

When the language is something difficult or unusual like Hungarian or Finnish or Catalan, the effects are mind blowing. You win friends within seconds.

Of course it's not so simple when approaching solo travelers whose nationality you don't know. But aren't lone grills worth a bit more effort?
>>
>>946660
This. Who cares even if you did make an ass of yourself? You'll likely never see them again after your time in the hostel. But hostel common rooms are precisely for swooping in to conversations with new people who also don't know each other. You can always sit near them and listen in, follow the convo and wait for an entry (talking about things you've seen/did that day is a classic ice breaker).

I'm not super social, and in fact until my early 20s (I'm early 30s now) I was pretty much what would be called 'beta' today. And I still didn't have big problems talking to people when I travelled back then. Being open/receptive and not so fucking self-conscious is half the battle.
>>
>>946683
No. Just ignore the teenage bitter basement dwellers, they have no idea what they're talking about. I'm 31, been in and out of hostels for almost 9 years, and I still use them sometimes. I have always met people of all ages and never even thought it was strange that 50 year olds should be there.
>>
>>946633
>>GOOD MORNING MARTY
Uh, hi Rick...
>>
>>946583
>they're literally sacrificing the comfort of 12 other people just because they "don't know they're subhuman." yeah fucking right.

Yeah, from a utilitarian POV, the responsibility to move should lie on the black people rather than everyone else in the dorm who is bothered by their skin color
>>
>trip to Scotland over the weekend
>well gonna share my hostel room with this australian guy in his 40's.jpg
>Nothing much to say about him, talks a lot though
>Aussie leaves for dinner
>Indian guy join the frat and go to sleep
>oz man is mad because Indian/paki took his bed (his pillow was a bit brushed indeed and choose a new bed
>oz apparently had a couple of drinks and repetitively wakes up swearing at the guy who inadvertently took his bed
10 fucking minutes of swearing moaning oz man later he kick him out from the room
don't go back to sleep to his initial bed but stop his shit.
>met him the next day and don't give a fuck about what happened
This guy was actually one hell of a psycho.
>>
>>946717
In certain parts of the world niggers and jews are not allowed in hostels
>>
>>946725
What parts specifically?
>>
>>946725
Israelis are banned from many hostels in SEA.
>>
>>946748
In which countries?
>>
>>946748
What about non-israeli Jews?
>>
>>946748
In the Muslim parts?
>>
>>946753
They wouldn't know.
>>
>>946726
In India there's a few hostels that don't allow Israelis cause they cause too much trouble for the other guests.

>>946748
Only in Malaysia and Indonesia which both don't officially recognize Israel as a country and both are muslim nations.
>>
>>946752
Muslim countries that have no diplomatic relations with Israel.

>>946753
95% don't care and will never know who's a Jew or not unless you're dressed up in Hassidim clothing (and maybe not even then) waving a big Israeli flag and curb stomping some Palestinian children.

I have a Jewish friend who's been all over Malaysia and Indonesia (he likes scuba diving), albeit on a French passport, and he's never had a problem, despite that his names and even his looks are fairly obviously Jewish to westerners.

>>946767
You'd want to avoid hostels with lots of Israelis anyway. Most are decompressing after time in the IDF, and they're loud entitled arrogant faggots just looking for a fight.

Israelis can enter Indonesia or Malaysia in theory, despite the lack of recognition for Israel as a country. Only way if they go through an agent, but it's still a complicated process. If you're part of some official delegation or cultural troupe (dancers, chess players, academics, whatever) you can get in relatively easily for short durations. You can also give 'gifts' to visa staff at embassies in other SEA countries (I've heard Singapore is relatively lenient), especially if your entry point is Bali.
>>
>>945462
>I have an art
Well that's an overstatement if I've ever read one
>>
>>946717
what are black people doing in hostels? this is why we build prisons
>>
>>946717
To be honest, black people honestly shouldn't be allowed in cinemas except for Eddie Murphy films. They make too much noise.
>>
>>946752
India in particular, but also others in the region. Israelis have a well-deserved reputation for being awful guests, and many hostels just turn them away because they want to avoid them.

>>946753
>>946755
Just Israelis. People don't even know what a jew is in those parts. All they know that Israeli passport == trouble.
>>
>>946396
I had never heard of the guy. I did a quick search and... holy fuck. No matter how much autism you are used to seeing on 4chan, once in a while something will seriously freak you out. This guy is one such case.
>>
File: lolpainfullol.gif (1MB, 290x189px) Image search: [Google]
lolpainfullol.gif
1MB, 290x189px
>>946346
>>946350
>>946353
>>946358

10/10 story, thanks for posting, should be archived
>>
>>946524

So CWC is Chris Chan?
>>
>>946863

Why are Israelis so shitty guests?
>>
>>946884

Yes

http://www.sonichu.com/cwcki/Main_Page
>>
>>946886
>>946884

What does this have to do with hostels?
>>
>>945627

nah.......the people you think are 30 are probably 40+

I'm 30 and a girl the other day thought I was 23
>>
>>946868
Now which is the more autistic, the guy himself of the wiki that autist trolls have made about his entire life?
>>
>>946896
Well imagine having him in your dorm?

Alternatively, read the thread and work it out for yourself.
>>
>>946934
>I'm 30 and a girl the other day thought I was 23
I'm 39 and I get that all the time. I once dated a girl who had somehow missed hearing my age in conversation twice. She dumped me when she found out my true age, she thought I was ten years younger.

People assume things based on context, if you're not obviously ancient and you're dressed kinda cool then hang around with a bunch of 25yos and they'll think you're 30 tops. Which is handy because that's within range for a girl who wants thinks she fancies a guy with some maturity and feels like giving you a go.
>>
>>946951
>>946934
It depends on a lot of things like genetics and your actions, some people look like their 25 when they're 40, others look 40 when they're 18. Apparently shorter people often look younger or are perceived as such, I'm fairly short and people think I'm around 21-23 when I'm actually 28. But I also pretty much only wear jeans to work and have a faux hawk on my head...
>>
>>946989
There's an Australian comedian called Gary McDonald who's kind of famous for playing bald loser characters. He said that the best thing about losing your hair young was that you didn't seem to age after that.

At 20 he looked 35 and then at 70 he looked 35. People would come up to him and say that he hadn't aged a day in 40 years. He got all his visible aging done in his 20s.
>>
>>946934
>>946989
I'm 38 and in hostels people assume I'm around 28-30. And yes, I am short, and blonde, so that probably plays part.
>>
>>947047
I'm tall but have long hair and generally dress and act like I would have when I was 21 except that I was too up-tight then. Man-childs are easy to underestimate the age of and youngans often don't look past the obvious and assume you're the right age to be where you are and doing what you're doing.

Not that there's a wrong age but since they think there is, they assume you're not it since obviously you wouldn't be staying in a hostel and drinking with 20-somethings if you were too old...
Thread posts: 148
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.