[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Film that captures the life of cities

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

So /trv/ I, like many of you who frequent this bored love traveling, however a lot of us don't get to do it as much as we'd like. For reasons such as finical burdens, career commitments or whatever really. We spend a lot of time dreaming about our next excursions or conjuring up memories of our past ones.

I'm low on money right now and traveling is not in the near future for me. I've sort of been on a search for films that express the essence and respect the aesthetic of a certain city/country, films that can help us bring back memories of our time spent in a certian place. Two movies I've recently come across are Oslo, August 31st and Copenhagen.

Oslo, August 31st is a film about a recovering heroine addict who takes a trip back into Oslo to reconnect with some of his old friends and wrestle with his doubts for the future. The movie elegantly captures the meloncholy and subtle beauty that exists in Oslo and it's people.

Copenhagen is a film about an american who arrives in Denmark to hope to find his unknown grandfather. By chance he befriends a 14 year old Danish girl who helps him, and in the process a questionably taboo relationship develops between the two. The cinematography in this film brings out the underrated beauty of Copenhagen. Both the script and acting convey youth culture and desire one might experience visiting Copenhagen.

So, sorry for the long winded post but I'm hoping that some one you can relate to this niche of film and can maybe share some titles with me and the rest of the board. Cheers, and happy travels!
>>
bump for interest
>>
Naked, the essence of London.
>>
Some recommendations that are also excellent films all around. I tried to stick to films made in that past 20 years that reflect the contemporary reality of these cities. Also yeah all Asia, that’s my thing.

Shanghai: Suzhou River

Hong Kong: City on Fire, Election

Tokyo: Lost in Translation, Tokyo Sonata, Ley Lines, Pigs and Battleships

Osaka: Osaka Tough Guys

Mumbai: Slumdog Millionaire

New Delhi: Amal, Siddhartha,

Varanasi: Water

Phnom Pehn: Phnom Penh Lullaby, Holly

Seoul: Park Chan-wook's Vengeance Trilogy, The Chaser

Taipei: Eat Drink Man Woman, Yi Yi, Monga
>>
Interesting idea for a thread, does anyone have any suggestions for Cairo?

As a suggestion, I thought City of God was very good film about Rio
>>
>>941397
Same, Same, But Different (Even though is Tinglish and stars a Thai actress) describes Cambodia and is a true story.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same_Same_but_Different
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VjZSx6bjqk
>>
>>941747
The Mummy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3ptPtxWJRs
>>
The Square? That film about the revolution, idk, Europe is more my style.
>>
Great thread

Kar Wai Wong's works for Hong Kong
>>
>>941397
Midnight in Paris

Makes me think of my time there. Great that alot of Paris still looks very 18-19th century
>>
it'd be cool to mention movies that give the feel of a city in different times also (like late 90s, early 2000s, recent times)
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.