[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Japan General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 6

File: 54eecf8f-s[1].jpg (124KB, 680x451px) Image search: [Google]
54eecf8f-s[1].jpg
124KB, 680x451px
The neverending Japan General thread still goes on...

As always, feel free to ask about:
>places to visit / do in Japan
>stuff to do for weeaboos
>Teaching English in Japan
>How to become Yakuza?

Info on prostitution in Japan, so please don't ask.
>http://rockitreports.com/topics/foreigner-friendly-pinsaros/

The previous thread is here: >>910669
Please refer to the previous thread (as long as it's still around) to see if your question has already been answered. Thanks.
>>
There was a red light district with whores sitting on display like 5mins from my hotel back when I visited Osaka. Anyone have any personal experience with Japanese prices etc? I'm heading back in December
>>
>>918561
That place is called Tobita Shinchi and there's no other place like it in Japan. I'm not usually into paid sex but I also wanna go there next year.

Some badass old dude Japanese shop keeper told me about it, said to go there and experience it because the Japanese government are most likely shutting it down within the next few years. I didn't go though, and regret it now. But expect to be paying at least $100 for any kind of service
>>
>>918572
thats reasonable. do they have any of those blonde tanned super whorish looking ones? that is my fetish
>>
How actually tolerant are people there of weeaboos, or some one with a healthy interest anime there? I keep on hearing from different sources that range from
>They are a-ok with it
to
>"What are you, a fucking pedo? Git outta here."
>>
File: IMG_0616.jpg (2MB, 2664x4000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0616.jpg
2MB, 2664x4000px
So the plan is to travel to japan and live there for a year in 2020, hopefully employed for some of that time.

I'm a 19 year old male currently, thus by then I will be 25.

What are the chances of me being able to find a job there. I would think that there will be demand for English speakers to live over there during that time.

I have completed throughout high school, so i am able to communicate somewhat to Japanese people as well.

How would I go about organising something like this?

Am i better off not waiting for so long, and going sooner and finding a different job over there? Is it possible to find jobs over there apart from teaching english?

I went to Japan with my school group in between year 10 and year 11 of high school. It was a fantastic experience and really made me fall in love even more with the country. I can't wait to get back.

pics related, from my trip to japan
>>
>>918577
If you're not Japanese, it's almost expected to a degree. You will get strange looks if you, say, go to Akiba and completely freak out in the middle of the street, but otherwise you'll be fine.
>>
I want to know the craziest, out-there things I can do in Japan. I am not a pussy, dont give a fuck about weeaboo shit, just want to do the strangest 'what the fuck' kind of things.

Planning to be there
6-18th Jan
>>
>>918580
Good to know

Thing is I ain't into it all that much, no more than western and korean movies. I just see it as another niche of film with its own positives and negatives.

I also like to laugh at weeaboos.

So I might just visit Akiba to see hats all goin the down there.
>>
>>918578
First, you need to check to see if you are eligible for a working holiday visa. If you can obtain one of these, you can spend around a year in Japan, looking for work and taking up odd jobs or part-time jobs as needed. US citizens are not eligible for a working visa.

If you can't get one, you'd either have to get a tourist visa, which is only good for 3 months and doesn't allow any kind of employment, or get a job prior to going and obtain a visa that way. The easiest way to accomplish this is to go for ESL jobs; however all of the legitimate companies and programs will require at least a bachelor's degree.

>>918583
Please don't embarrass yourself. Foreigners living in Japan don't need another reason for Japanese people to hate us.
>>
>>918573
nah, if you want ganguro girls you must go to Tokyo.
>>
>>918552
I heard that the Japanese are really racist, I'm half Greek Cypriot so I'm pretty tanned. What should i expect to encounter i terms of racist behavior?
>>
>>918619
>I heard that the Japanese are really racist
They're not.
>What should i expect to encounter i terms of racist behavior?
You might have a chance encounter with a nationalist rally, in which case they'll shout in Japanese/terribly unintelligible English about how they hate foreigners. You might be asked to leave a restaurant, usually if you start kicking up a ruckus. But more than likely, you won't experience any blatant racism like that.
>>
>>918620
I've been told they look down on people who don't have light skin and it's very hard to book a decent hotel if you're not white?
>>
anyone has tips on what to do in fukuoka city? during the week I don't have time because of work but I would like to do stuff on weekends.

tips on how to get in contact with Japanese would be nice too. my Japanese sucks, so I only went to a place which is like an English school but a bar in the evening.
>>
>>918585

Merely asking for some alternative activities.
>>
>>918621
That's not true at all.

>>918622
Check out Fukuoka Tower and Hakata Port Tower if you're into those.

Ohori Park (and the small Japanese garden contained within) and Maizuru Park (which is right next to Ohori Park and contains castle ruins) are nice if the weather is nice.

Tenjin is the spot for shopping and where all the youngin's hang out.

Hakata Station itself is quite vast and contains a ton of shops and restaurants to explore, plus there's a Namco arcade in the neighboring bus station.

If you're into temples, you could check out Joten-ji, Shofuku-ji, and Tocho-ji, which is the home of the largest seated wooden Buddha in Japan.
>>
>>918624
Thanks, I've been to Tenjin and Ohori park a few times already. It's only like half an hour walking distance. The arcade is a nice tip, I will check that out.
>>
>>918573
The prostitutes in that area are mostly super cute, with a few older / chubbier ones for the people who like that or can only afford that.

They all have an old women sitting with them acting almost like a pimp, calling people to try their "goods".

The foreigner friendly ones will call you over and beckon you in, the non-foreigner friendly ones will stay quiet.

I don't know about prices as I just walked around to see what it was like.

Felt very safe, for being pretty much one of the sketchiest places in Japan. Way sketchier than Kabuki-cho, as this is basically a small block under a freeway. No flashing neon signs or tourists walking around.
>>
>>918620
>Japanese not racist.

Ho ho ho, look at this guy.
They're not racist like KKK racist, but they see anyone not Japanese as weird and dangerous at worst, and amusing at best.
>>
>>918635
That's why I said
>>918620
>blatant racism
>>
>>918636
>They aren't really racist, they're just low key with their racism.
>>
>>918637
Exactly. Most of them don't even realize they're being racist, and neither do the folks on the receiving end.
>>
>>918638
Oh, I see, that's okay then.
>>
>>918639
I'm not saying it's acceptable, just describing it as it is, anon.
>>
Can anyone tell me anything about Chiba or Tsu?
Is either those two cities a good place to live in for a while? How do they compare to Tokyo? (besides being much smaller?)
Any kind information on those two would be welcome.
>>
Hey what are some ways you guys have saved up for your japan trips and how much did you save up?

I'm having trouble not touching my savings and was wondering if y'all had some tips
>>
>>918669
1. Have a job
2. Try not to spend too much on figs
3. Try not to spend too much on beer

Repeat yearly.
>>
I expected to find it in sticky or in the or, but didn't. I'm sure it's been asked a million times already but,

What's the best online resources for studying moonrunes?
>>
>>918676
anki
>>
>>918669
part time job
>>
Hello /trv/. In about 2-3 years, when I save enough money, I'm planning to go on a full tourist visa trip to Japan. So like 90 days. But the whole point of my trip is to travel from the north towards Kyuushu for those 3 months. So no mainstream Akiba, Shinjuku, etc. visiting (already done that 2 years ago). Just me and some lonely traveling.
Well I'm still planning the route and the only part I'm sure of yet is cycling from Honshuu through Seto Islands, and then taking a ferry to Takehara and staying there for one night for Shokei no Michi (yea I'm a Tamayura loving weeb).
Anyway, I'm looking for some advices not only for some cool places to go through while journeying Japan, but also for ways to "survive" for 3 months on rather small budget (I should have around $7K, maybe more) probably from Sep to Nov. If it's possible, I want to sleep outdoors whenever I can and clean myself in rivers and 銭湯.
So what do you think? Possible or just stupid? Anyone done something similar? Any tips?
>>
>>918585
Not him but this is interesting to me because I am canadian and can receive one of these visas.
What I'm curious about is how do stay longer than a year? I don't really intend to spend my life in canada and japan seems nice since I wouldn't be unfamiliar with language, history and some aspects of the culture.

Would it technically be possible to pay a prostitute or something to sign marriage papers with you for a permanent visa and then rapidly divorce? Has anyone heard of someone doing that?
>>
>>918794
I've heard of people holidaying in Thailand and purchasing some 'quality' papers. Their isn't some database they check, they won't follow up unless something in your paperwork sets off alarm bells. I know at least 3 people who've done this, however if you get caught you'll likely be deported.
Hence I'm currently at uni with. 2 years to go because I'm too much of a pussy to risk fake degree
>>
>>918676
Here's a link to some resources for learning Japanese.
>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1G5C7fCe07CDzYalZYZObzxv_fhw7RUNsLHiMAY-t7FA/mobilebasic?pli=1

And a bonus link just because.
>100 most common words in Japanese
>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GK7W2AwWsQr5VvgDYRMKSrhTJhDSkB5_jlaVGJks-Hc/pub
>>
story time? (for people looking for an small town experience rather than big city life)

i recently got back 2 weeks in shikoku. i stayed at a friends farm in takamatsu but we got around to all four prefectures. before you think a farm is lame, its not too bad since there are still vending machines and combini nearby.

food:
- famous sanuki udon (but since im no udon connoisseur i cant really advocate)
- histumabushi (special eel bowl) in kochi

attractions:
- same as anywhere in japan really. castles and shrines (shikoku has 88 famous temples for Buddhist pilgrimage. i visited a few in passing, just because.)
- hot springs (again, you can do it anywhere in japan, but getting way outside the big cities feels kinda special. the one i went was rotenburo aka outdoors, and i think i saw more stars in the sky than every before in my life and who knows whats in the water but i felt like god and it was amazing)
>>
>>918669
well anon what is making it hard to not touch your savings? what is that you really wanna buy? is the short term thrill of the purchase really worth more than the thrill of a few weeks of travel?
maybe have multiple savings accounts, with one being specifically a travel fund which you do not touch
>>
>>918635
but im pretty sure they literally dont know any better
ive met many people in japan who have never left japan or never even left a small town. i really cant blame them for feeling something or commenting when they see a foreigner.

as long as they leave it as a mere matter-of-fact comment ("hey, that person is not japanese") then what is so offensive?

im not saying there aren't people who take it further, to the extent of condescension or treating gaijin like novelty. BUT, i cant compare the japanese form of racism to say, the racism between blacks and whites in america. its just not coming from the same place in their mind.
>>
Anyone here have experience touring Japan by bicycle? I'm looking into major bicycle routes but can't seem to fine any
>>
>>918962
http://www.unframedworld.com/japan-by-bicycle/

http://www.unframedworld.com/Japan%20by%20Bicycle%20eBook.pdf
>>
>>918872
cheers mate!
>>
>>918877
Well I've been in Canada my whole life, I'm 22, and I've never been on a plane or train. Never even left ontario but I have a hard time saving for travel for some reason.

Part of me keeps thinking "well I've gone 22 years without traveling , do I really need to blow a chunk of my savings to go to some other place for 2 weeks?"

In my mind I can't seem to justify the cost with the experience since I have no clue what traveling so far would be like.

And I know I sound lame but I genuinely enjoy people and am Very much a people person, I just never ended up traveling in my life.
>>
>>918625
nakasu

i know fukuoka inside and out. ask me anything
>>
>>919034
I'd wager that when you go for those two weeks you will catch the travel bug and it will become a much bigger part of your life.

Or you will realise that travel is not really for you and never do it again.

Either way its money well spent and you learn your lesson for the future. But if you never go and keep rationalising yourself out of going then you will never know and could well miss out on one of the defining aspect of your whole life.
>>
>>919034
>for 2 weeks

Theres your problem. The longer you stay the more cost effective it is. As long as you don't plan on staying in a hotel the entire time.

Cheap hostels run at rates not too different from what you pay for rent at home.

Food is cheap if you aren't running out and eating at fancy places every night.

I think 1/4 of my 3 month trip is going to end up being airfare, if I were to stay 2 weeks it would be half or more.
>>
How long are capsule hotel rooms? I'm planning a trip and I'd like to spend a night there just because I can, but I'm 194 cm, 6 foot 4 inches. Would I even fit?
>>
>>918552
What're some cool Jap videos to see on YouTube? Already seen some interesting ones lie about their cramped hotel and manga cafe, some chick talkign about why japs don't stink and so on and so forth.

For someone interested in the place, what is there to be recommended? For learning purposes, entertainment, anything.
>>
File: image.jpg (89KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 600x400px
I'm going to Japan for schoolies but only now realised that the drinking age is actually 20
This is a problem seeing as I'm only 18
How easy is it to get booze in restaurants and 7/11's
>>
>>919170
>How easy is it to get booze in restaurants and 7/11's
Pretty damn easy if you look old enough/look borderline the correct age. 7-11/Lawsons/Sunkus etc. have a touch screen than flashes up when booze is scanned through by the cashier. Either hit the big button in the middle of the screen when it appears or the cashier will assume you're an illiterate whitey and will reach over and press it themselves for you.

Restaurants? It's bad enough for the staff to try taking your order if you don't speak good Japanese so they won't even try to get you to provide ID (and if they do, a fake driving licence or other non-Passport type of ID in a foreign language will be fine if you're desperate for the alcohol).
>>
>>919170
no problem at all
>>
>>919167
Haha Chick talking about why Japs don't stink.
That's Rachel from Rachel n Jun. They're awesome.
>>
>>919167
https://www.youtube.com/user/QuickRhino

this guy is pretty funny and since hes actually been there, isnt completely full of shit like most. a few of experiences seem hard to believe but its ok
>>
Does anyone have experience on immigrating to Japan? I've been doing some research and I've come up with a couple of questions.
1)Can you enter Japan on a temporary visa, apply for jobs while staying there and apply for the working visa if offered a job? If not, is there a similar method (temp visa to permanent visa without having to leave the country)? From what I've read it seems like if the government gets any sort of feeling that you might be trying to work in Japan without the appropriate visa first they'll straight up deport you, but a lot of job listings I see require you to be in Japan to even be considered in the application process so I don't know how this would work.
2) How hard is it going to be to find an apartment as a foreigner and what should I do to prepare for it? What about with my three cats? (I have a friend in Japan who might be able to bullshit a reference for me)
>>
nope
>>
>>919213
>Can you enter Japan on a temporary visa, apply for jobs while staying there and apply for the working visa if offered a job?
Yes, thats what I did. Or at least in my situation I already had a job lined up, so I came, stayed on a tourist visa (just say visiting friends or traveling or whatever) and then my compnay helped me turn into the proper working visa.

They'll get suspicious and maybe deport you if you work on the wrong visa/no visa at all, but looking for a job under the tourist visa is fine. Just make sure the company will sponsor, ie help you turn it into the proper working visa.

Some companies require you to be in Japan simply because they want to interview in person or dont want to worry about someone coming for the first time, having difficulty coming overseas, etc. There are some that will interview on skype if you look hard enough.

As you know teaching english is one of the only opportunities there is. Gaijinpot.com is a great place to look. protip: apply even if you dont have certain requirements like experience or conversational japanese ability. Many dont care that much and will hire you anyway.

2. Your company should set you up in an apartment. To get one in Japan requires someone to sign as your, im not sure how to say in english, guardian or something, to make sure you pay and stuff. Since youre not Japanese its next to impossible so companies will help you. You could find some sharehouse or something where they dont need it, but you might be living with other people or have a low quality place.

i dont shit about bringing cats or pets
>>
Just applied to JET for early admission 2015. I have a MIP that was cleared in court after taking a class so it will probably not show up on FBI check, but I still declared it. Am I fucked?
>>
>>919167
The chick who talked about the stinky parts is Rachel from Rachel and Jun. Its a good jvlogging channel. Informative and fun to watch.
>>
>>919225
Sorry for the double post. Just scrolled past the other guy that said the same.
>>
Anybody know a website with concert or other live music stuff happening in Japan? American websites only seem to show western artists, and I can't read Japanese. I'm interested in more underground or lower-tier bands (i.e. shows that would cost less) but to see some Idol group or something would be neat, too.
>>
>>918669
In the same boat kind of, I've got $2500 saved up for a 3 week trip in March but I had to take my cat to the vet and my car to the shop. Afraid I'll have to dip into my savings a bit, though I should be able to make it back by March. I already have the ticket, though, so at this point I'm willing to pull out a $1000 loan if the time comes and I'm as much short.
>>
>>919190
He's a funny guy.
Though recently he asked for money from his subs saying he needed it for flights and it'd go towards all these new videos from japan. Then he basically fell of the map.
>>
>>919224
Who knows, but you were really dumb for declaring that.
I wouldn't worry too much, theres plenty of jobs you can score other than JET
>>
So Japan is now technically in a recession.
http://www.bbc.com/news/business-30077122
What's that mean for those planning to travel there? What does that mean for those who want to work there?
>>
>>919240
well yeah i stopped watching a while back when i got tired of it, he ran of stories and such, and my own experiences and knowledge surpassed his

his oldest videos are the best
>>
>>919262
King of the Morons, best jvlogger.
>>
>>919190
This guy is the worst. Incredibly annoying American.
>>
>>919167
Abroad in Japan is brilliant
>>
Does anyone still get approached by Japanese women?

I read somewhere that even about 9 or 10 years ago it was still common for Jap girls to approach gaijin men they found attractive in Tokyo, but not anymore.
>>
>>919167
>>919190

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxbzhCDLCo5tIrENwB8T6PQ

Ryan Boundless is better. he's a bit older, and his current steady girlfriend is ugly as shit. He used to sleep with pretty cute Japanese chicks, so I don't know why he settled for her. But he has tons of good videos on Japan (mainly Osaka and Kobe), English teaching, Jap culture, etc.
>>
>>919269
It can happen, but you need to be more than just white. You need to be decent looking.
>>
What would happen if I tried to apply and get hired for English teaching jobs in Japan with a fake degree and fake experience? Is there any chance you can get away with it, or do you have to get it notarized
>>
>>918552
life in Japan summed up
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8IwiEMT56VA
>>
>>919244
The reason I did it, is that if the check comes back with something on my record than I'll be immediately blacklisted from the entire organization. In hindsight, I really should have gotten a check well before to see what was on it.
>>
>>919276
Again, just don't.
>>
>>919276
They spend a month checking up on every little detail in your application. You need to send them your actual degree or official unopened transcripts and they still call the school to verify
>>
File: 1412225690744.jpg (47KB, 281x341px) Image search: [Google]
1412225690744.jpg
47KB, 281x341px
1)If you enter with a tourist visa and manage to find someone willing to employ you, can you update your visa to a working one without leaving and re-entering Japan?
2)Given an asian studies degree taken in a mediocre uni, is a bachelor fine enough for english teaching jobs, or taking a master's is always bette?
4)Also, are english certs useful for non-english natives? So far I got PET during high school.
3)How much are JET and alike programs competitive? Do they take previous working experiences in high regard? Does the JLPT N1 helps alone?
5)Most poorfag option for staying in Japan? So far manga cafes seems good, but I heard that capsule hotels are giving discounts to people who plan to rent a capsule for more than 30 days.

Thanks in advance for your answers.
>>
>>919269
I get approached by women very frequently, mostly in bars and clubs but occasionally in coffee shops and such.
>>919275 is right, you need to be good looking. I'm not trying to brag just saying it how it is, but I am a pretty attractive 193cm blonde guy and it helps tremendously with the ladies. Not surprisingly, a large portion of white guys that come to Japan are not the best looking and being white isn't enough to get you laid here.
>>
>>919327
1. potentially, but it'll be more difficult
2. any bachelor would be fine for visa sponsorship, unless otherwise specified
3. JET doesn't care about your JLPT because you won't be speaking any Japanese with students around. go for a private school like Berlitz for Aeon. stupidly easy to get and get sponsored
4. no. if you're from a non-native country you need to prove X amount of years of English education (depending on the school, but it's usually 5+)
5. poorfag option? don't fucking come.
or stay with friends, hostel, sakura house, guest houses, homestay
seriously, learn to Google your obvious fucking questions
>>
>>919349
are you in Roppongi often? kek
>>
>>919276
please try this and post results
the worst that will happen is they reject your application
it's all sweet bro
>>
How easy/difficult is it to get a job as an English teacher with a bachelor's in psychology and a half decent understanding of Japanese?
>>
>>919353
stupidly easy as long as you're from a country where English is the native language
>>
Lots of peeps here move to japan or want to by teaching english; which is fine for some i suppose.
Im curious though any professionals around here willing to share their experience of working in/moving to japan? Perticularly interested in people with masters and phd degrees in the pure sciences and engineering.
>>
>>919167
gimmeaflakeman (kind of raucous expat dude, pretty funny)
kanadajin3 (retarded canadian girl that thinks she speaks japanese... and pronounces it like canada GIN)
sharlainjapan (shes lived in japan for years. some videos are dumb and girly, but overall informative/fun look into japan subcultural shit)
bilingirlchika
>>
>>918580
lol wtf are you some kind of faggot who lives in a bubble, people who are obsessed with japanese stuff will look fucking weird as SHIT even if you're white
>>
>>918578
>Is it possible to find jobs over there apart from teaching english?
i went to university over there for a year - one of my friends from California found a part time programming job while a student with extremely limited Japanese

he got a FT offer when he graduated and moved back to japan
>>
>>918795
>their isn't some database
>their isn't some
>their isn't
>their

oh please tell me YOU are going to teach english
>>
>>919271
That guy is a fucking moron. I watched a video he made on teaching English in Japan, and he said Japanese people were taught English wrong, and the "wrong" things he cited were pronouncing "often" as "offen" and claims no one in America says it that way (WTF I AM FROM AMERICA AND WE SAY OFFEN) and also complains about the wrong way they pronounce "been" as "bean." WTF THAT IS HOW LIKE HALF THE FUCKING WORLD PRONOUNCES IT.
>>
>>918552
OP rule #1 of being in Japan is you have to be ugly as fuck

seriously watch a video about japan made by an american - they are invariably ugly mother fuckers with facial deformities, bland personalities, and nothing interesting to say
>>
>>919380
same could be said about 95% of all weeaboos.

My guess is they imagine a fantasy society where men are judged by their intelligence and being overweight/ugly is okay because it shows power and confidence.

Such a world does not exist, just one where people can't really differentiate between whiteys. I am a 7/10 Canadian white guy and I got compared to David Beckham, Robbie Williams, and Justin Timberlake.
>>
File: mexican yakuza.jpg (183KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
mexican yakuza.jpg
183KB, 700x466px
>How to become Yakuza?
only mexicans can become honorary yakuza

ive never seen a white yakuza

kansai fag posting
>>
>>918552
After my degree my plan was to study at the Yamasa Institute for at least a year while on the side teaching part time (then go full time after)

Is this even worth doing or should I apply for Nova/AEON etc and just work full time/learn Japanese on the side?

I guess the advantage is if I apply for a job with one of those companies they will cover the cost of travel/arrange accommodation?
>>
>>918620
>>918635
Let's not forget what their government's stance on their brazilian immigrant population was
>"Fuck off please, we'll even buy your plane ticket home!"
>>
>>919261
The currency continues to fall in our favor.
>>
Which destination is the absolute best for new years in Japan?
- Not for this year, but 2015/2016. I'm going on a two month long trip in mid 2016, so this new years trip is just gonna be a short week-long one where I stick to one city only. I'm considering either Osaka or Kyoto and am excluding the option of Tokyo completely, since I've got plans to stay there for the longest time during my mid 2016 trip.
>>
Went to Japan last year and got stared at by tons of J women in Tokyo. Even had one or two hold strong eye contact with me and smile while passing each other on the sidewalk. Unfortunately, none of them turned into a lay and I had to leave shortly after.

I'm not even good looking, kind of chubby bear mode, but over 6 feet tall. Is that normal? I thought they were way used to gaijin in Tokyo by now.
>>
Is it true that japanese women are into white guys because asian men have such tiny penises? I am 6'0" and athletic - can i expect to bang a ton of japs?
>>
>>919474
yeah absolutely, they'll start dripping right as they hear the plane with another whitey approaching
>>
>>919438
I haven't been there, but have you considered somewhere in Sapporo?

Snowy NYE celebrations in Japan sounds fun.
>>
>>919379
> bean
no

love,
northeastern amerifag
>>
>>919372
Again, in Japan, it's expected. I can't count the number of times I've heard this conversation go down:

Japanese person: So, how did you get interested in Japan in the first place?
Foreign person: Well, I guess it wss anime...
Japanese person: I knew it!
>>
>>919447
Japanese standards of beauty are very different from western ones in general, so people that they find attractive might not be considered attractive in their home countries. I also experience something similar to you and it's quite off-putting...
>>
Third place posting this but an answer would be a great help.

If I was to buy a house in Japan, would I still need to get sponsored and such to live in it? Or would owning the home give me some sort of 'free pass'?
>>
>>919368
I actually love Sharla. Kind of a fan and wouldn't mind a copy of her figurine.
>>
>>919364
Japan is not a 3rd world country, and most of the population goes to college. They also know Japanese. You have to be better than them
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 427x292px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 427x292px
>>919485
Some people pay to get their teeth crooked like this
>>
>>919397
I'm at Yamasa now. How do you expect to fit both teaching and school into your schedule?
>>
>>919535
Speaking of which, can anyone explain to me why so many Japanese people have poor teeth? Is dental care just not as common here? It's quite a turnoff when I see a nice looking girl and then she smiles and I see all her crooked yellow little teeth
>>
>>919571
NOVA and Gaba will work around your schedule if you're a student IF you've already graduated college. They're almost totally uninterested in people pursuing their bachelors
>>
>>919476
Tokyo was like going out on a Tuesday night for NYE this year. There were people out, but hardly anyone. People don't party on New Years so you would want to be in a place with a ton of people.

I can't imagine how boring Sapporo will be with their much smaller population and ridiculous cold.
>>
taking a trip to japan, between the 16th of december & 7th of january. looking for recommendations for things/places to do and see, as I really only know some stuff in Tokyo and a little outside that.

So far, the plan is to spend about 2-3 days in Tokyo, then start heading south and seeing shit along the way, ie. mt. fuji & the suicide forest, stop on nara for maybe 2 days & see some stuff around there, then go to Kyoto and then Osaka for 1-2 days each, then down to Hiroshima for another 1-2 days.

After that, head back to Tokyo so one of my travelling companions can fly out, where me and my other mate will stay for another day or 2.

After that, we've got about 5-6 days to kill before we go to Aomori to stay with a friend who lives in Japan for new years. Other than seeing Nikko park on the way up, have literally no idea what there is to see/do up north.

So, any suggestions, comments etc?
>>
>>919580
Bring a heavy coat because it will be cold as balls
>>
>>919572
I assume a mix of that + genetics? Maybe they don't give any fucks about teeth for some reason.

My teeth aren't perfect, but really close to. Just a few really small gaps, not hillbilly tier by far, but it's enough to make me feel self conscious at home where everyone has near perfect teeth. Luckily in Japan, everyone's teeth are munted so I don't have this problem. Plus the constant "you look like movie star desu!" helps.
>>
>>919572
Teeth aren't really part of finding someone attractive in Japan. It's more abput the size of the eyes and face, height of the nose, and for women, having nice legs.
>>
>>919572
Most people in Tokyo take care of their teeth. It hasn't spread all over the country but teeth care is becoming important. A slightly misaligned tooth isn't a cause for braces (Japanese people find *slight* imperfections endearing), but you rarely see any one with totally jacked up teeth outside of the countryside that is under 40.
Thread posts: 115
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.