[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

experiences at Hostels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (53KB, 463x344px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 463x344px
Hey /trv/ what are your experiences with staying at Hostels? Also Is it frowned upon to crash at night and leave in the morning and do I need reservations to stay at one? Sorry for being retarted.
>>
>>915392

First stay for me coming up, but i've researched a bit.

Yeah, you'll need to reserve, I did my reservation online but this hostel doesn't charge until check-in, so I assume they ask to reserve so they don't overbook. And yeah don't see why a single night would be frowned upon.

Also, be sure to check reviews.
>>
Single nights are fine. Reservations are likely needed during busier seasons. Best to send an email or call ahead if you're unsure about your plans.
>>
That's exactly what hostels are for. A place to sleep. Most guests are one night only. You can check in at 11pm and check out at 3am for all we care. Your roommates will probably hate you and you're not getting a refund. But it's basically just like a hotel. Reservations are sometimes necessary, weekends and summer especially. Just call or email. I work in a hostel.

General hostel thread?
>>
>>915392
You don't need a reservation if you're travelling in low season or don't care where you end up, however if you want to get the best/best value hostel you should book, especially in busy periods. Booking with sites like hostelworld is super easy and quick.
>>
Where do you work(country)? I'm going to Slovenia tomorrow, and I'm expecting lots of emptiness where I go since it's November and rain is common.
>>
>>915392
Sure, I recently spent a single night at one, arrived at around 6 PM and left at 5:30 AM. I reserved a short time beforehand using booking.com
>>
Hostels can sometime be fun because most people are travellers looking for travellers, so if u r into that you will most likely have a good time, even though tou may find disrespectful people just lile everywhere. I personally dont go there anymore because they are still expensive for a yearround traveller, and Id rather go on couchsurfing and meet local people or sleep in my tent if I can, but for a first time travler, this is not a bad idea to go there. Also, check on hostelworld, booking.com or else to find the cheapest around. You should also know that some offer lower prices on internet to get more people, and some do the oposite depending mostly of where you are in the world. So just check it out a little bit. I never do reservation in advance, it is not necessary, but dont get somewhere late at night without knowing if ther is room for you in high season. Good luck mate
>>
>>915392
when you say "crash a night" do you mean not pay? If so, then it largely depends on the dorm you crash in. I think most travelers wouldn't say anything if you shared a bed with whoever invited you in (or slept on the floor), but if you take a bed that is seemingly vacant, I can guarantee that bedowner will get you kicked out when s/he returns for the night.
>>
Reservations are a good idea. The worst hostel experience I had was at Anker apartments in oslo they charge you twice if you use a credit card which is just ridiculous. When at a hostel it's best to use cash, be ultra careful with your stuff too as theft does occur. I kept my money in my bra the whole time and slept on top of my bag. When taking showers if they have the type where there's a dry area in the stall bring your valuables with you. My passport stayed with me at all times.
>>
>>915921
I will definitely spoon with my bag or rent a locker as I want to be a retard and backpack lightly "This is my bag! There are many like it but this one is mine!
>>
what's the longest you've stayed at any one hostel?

I'm going to south korea and plan to stay in a hostel for a few weeks, but in a single room. seems like super good value for people like me wanting to stay in one place for a while.

By the way, what do you guys do for food when staying at hostels? it feels like a luxury when hostels offer complimentary breakfast, even if its just rice or bread
>>
>>915921
>>916064
>security
This. Vigilance is your watchword in hostels. Much more so than in hotels (though still don't leave valuables unattended in your room there).

I've met a crying brit girl who lost her passport and money because she left it in her bag while she went and showered.
>>
>see cheap price
>stay in one for 2 nights for short trip
>bunch of oh-so-social-unique-butterflies who want to talk your head off because theyre oh so traveled and oh so multicultural
>they never shut the fuck up about their pretentiousness and their totally sweet trip to amsterdam when youre trying to sleep
>public shower

pay the extra $20 for a hotel
>>
>>916114
>see cheap price
>stay in one for 2 nights for a short trip
>everybody is outgoing and i am too socially awkward to interact successfully
>get jealous of their experiences
>get self conscious about my shortcomings
>wish i could be alone somewhere so i could browse 4chan in peace
>even have to share shower with these people
>what a nightmare
>>
>>916121
>not wanting to talk to pretentious dudebro faggots
>ur antisocial and have no expereicne!!1!11

By the way, you're on 4chan as well
>>
>>916092
I stayed in a hostel that offered free breakfast and dinner. Didn't spend a thing on food while I was there, preddy gud
>>
I've stayed in hostels. Its great for cheap sleeping but thats about it.

I had two bags, one backpack with my technology and food, and a dufflebag with my clothes and toiletries. The backpack was on my person at all times and the duffle was stashed away. I still worried about it being stolen even though I only had one dorm mate (usually its 4).

Now I met a lot of awesome people. I met some french surfers who traveled the world in search of waves, punks who knew the streets well, and many others.

That said, hostels are typically lower quality than hotels or RVs. I barely got any sleep my first night due to the snoring fuck I roomed with. Earplugs + over ear headphones recommended.
>>
Stayed in hostels the first time this year and I had some pretty good experiences in all of them. Met some cool Aussies (I know right?) who taught me a fun drinking game, drank some home made tequila with one of the staff members of one hostel and just had a great time overall.

Never really feared for my stuff and every hostel except for one, had a locker where I could lock it away.

Other than that, never had anybody banging in my dorm. Had a few really loud snorers, but I am used to other people snoring since my childhood, so it's just like the background noise of the street for me (except if the guy's snoring next door suddenly turns into a sound like he's being choked)
>>
>>916151
Uhh you can't make "homemade" tequila.

Pretty sure you drank tinted moonshine or something. Tequila comes from Tequila plants only. anything else is not tequila. Im sorry i love my tequila and i cannot understand how someone could make tequila.
>>
>>916156
Maybe they were Mexicans? The process is a little involved, starting with the Agave plants, but certainly possible. Maybe it was technically mezcal.
>>
I'm too paranoid to stay in hostels, but I have done it before with large groups so we rented out whole rooms.

I prefer to pony up the cash and go to hotels or BnBs.
>>
>>916156
>>916163
yeah the guy was half-mexican, half-Japanese and came from Mexico two weeks ago. He said it's tequila (it was clear so I assumed it's silver Tequila), but it might've actually been something else for all I know

But that's not the point
>>
>>916171
Was he hot? i've noticed half spic and half white japs always look sexy as fuck
>>
>>916156
>tequila plants

It's called Agave, and the fuckers are everywhere here in Texas. The process is not so difficult that you could not make your own after harvesting.
>>
>>916183
uhh no. it's a specific, Agave Tequilana and it has to be farmed a certain way. They are actually not planting them as much due to it not being as profitable to the farmers so expect tequila prices to go up.
>>
I've traveled around a lot in asia/europe and stayed in maybe over 50+ hostels. Never had any big problems on the hostels side, as I usually do research before I go (hostelworld and the likes).

You don't have to be social if you don't want to, others will understand if you just want to sleep and be alone. Most european countries and some asian ones have what you call "party hostels" where you basically go drink/smoke/do drugs and just meet other travellers to party with. I'm not saying they advertise it, but with some hostels it's kinda implied (see Flying Pig hostels in Amsterdam). For example in Europe I don't usually socialize with people that much and try to avoid the "party hostels", as the people are usually young and there to party, when I'm there to see the city. But for example in Japan/China/Nepal I'll happily talk/spend time with the other guests, because they're there to do the same thing as me, seeing the culture/nature/cities. A lot of times I've meant to spend few days in one hostel/city just to see the place and the surrounding attractions, but stayed for longer as the people at the hostel were so nice hang out with.

Most people understand that you have to be quiet when you enter the room at night, but sometimes there's the drunk/inconsiderate people that don't get it. If you're too timid to confront them, enjoy not sleeping. I've had fully sober italian people come into the room at 4 am, turn on the lights and start talking with their normal voices waking everyone up. I'm usually very nice and considerate, but if you fuck with my sleep, I will get annoyed, raise my voice and tell them to fuck off.

Nowadays I sleep in a tent if I can, but big cities aren't really great for that, and sometimes you just want the bed/shower, so I stay in hostels.
>>
>>916191
And to add, I don't usually make reservations, just show up and ask for a place. Not always of course, summer weekends in touristy European cities won't work (Amsterdam/Prague/Berlin) and winter holidays in Asia (Christmas/New Year in Thailand). Even in Tokyo I was turned away from five different hostels because there was a holiday on a monday that I didn't know about (everyone took a long weekend to visit Tokyo). Just slept in a netcafe. Few times I've had to sleep on park bench, but that's on long trips where one night is nothing.

If I know I have a 30 hour trip to get somewhere, I will make a reservation, as I don't wander around looking for a place tired.
>>
I've stayed at around 20 so far. I almost always stay in hostels when I travel solo which is my usual choice. The times I stayed in hotels I did not meet a single person and ended up having to do shit on my own. On the other hand, almost every time I stay in hostels I meet a ton of people and am able to both have someone to talk to in the evenings but also often times also have someone to go see the city with or have dinner with.

I do my research on hostels and I try to book them the day before I arrive but on occasion just show up and ask to see if there's a room. I always pre-book a long time ahead during busy periods like xmas/ny as those are busy the world over. I read up peoples opinions on them as you can usually tell what is right and wrong with each hostel. But in the end, you should never have huge expectations for them. All I ever want out of a hostel is a bed to sleep in, a shower, and these days wifi. I try to spend as much time exploring the places I'm in compared to just sitting around in the hostel itself so I don't care about the decor as much. I do care about what the common rooms are like, I've been to some great hostels before that had poor designs where it was difficult to get people together to talk in common areas. The best hostels are designed in a way to bring as many of the guests together, I'm not outgoing at all but I find it super easy to find people to talk to in hostels with good common rooms.
>>
>>916092
I stayed for two weeks at a hostel in Seoul. the location was great but the place was shit. I'm 6" 5 and the room itself was only 6" 2 long, minus the top and bottom of the bed, so it Was cramped as hell. Also there was no AC or windows so I nearly sweated to death . I asked the desk and they told me it was winter and the AC was central, so they weren't gonna turn it on.

It was October and 26 degrees C.

I now know what it's like to stay in prison.

Maybe I stayed in a prison.

Anyway, Seoul is great! Long term hostelling is fine, just make sure you pick a hood hostel.
>>
>tfw you realize just how severely socially retarded you are when you spent 3 months traveling through hostels without ever having met someone to hangout with.

They said it would be so easy. Instead I get 98% aussie fratbros roaming the place with their clubsluts.
>>
>>916147
>Earplugs
Yeah, earplugs are essential for dorm rooms.

Actually they come in handy in all sorts of hotels too.
>>
>>916406
Yeah you have major issues, also you are judgmental as fuck. Just because somebody drinks beer and fucks girls doesn't mean they have nothing else to offer.
>>
>>916398
Besides the small room, what was it like being so tall in Seoul? did you get stared at by literally everyone? I'm 6"3 and feel like a fucking giant anywhere in asia. It's annoying getting watched by people non-stop while in public places, but I guess that can't be helped. Also, smacked my head at least 10 times on low ceilings, door frames, and subways while in Japan. Fun times.
>>
>>916194
Wow never thought about knowing their holidays! When you slept on a park bench was it sketchy?
>>
>>916121
topkek
>>
>>916457
So I did Japan and Korea as well, two weeks in both. Too be honest, I kinda liked the attention? Maybe that sounds beta as fuck but...eh.

I dunno, it's kinda fun to just be walking around and have a bunch of cute girls come up to you and ask for pictures with you.

I lived in a small town in South America for a few years so I'm kinda used to stares, but others might find it annoying.

Little kids especially were always really interested. I went to museum in Seoul and had a gaggle of school kids surround me and barrage me with questions about how tall I was and stuff. it was cute honestly.

Besides hitting my head I find it mostly positive. Girls love tall guys, kids think you're awesome and also it's just super easy to see. Seoul is crowded as fuck and I think it'd be claustrophobic if I was short but at my height (and yours as well) you can just see over the whole crowd. it's nice.
>>
>>916457
As a weird aside, I actually saw a Korean dude in Seoul who must've been like 6'7 and just kinda stared at him in amazement. Can't imagine how tired of getting asked his height he must be.
>>
>>916570
Oh yeah, all the attention definitely has its benefits. The groups of girls/cute little kids wanting pictures happened to me in Japan too. Also I was at a 7/11 in a rural town, accidentally dropped my used train ticket when leaving, and the store-hand girl literally ran half a mile down the street to return it to me. I really doubt that happens often. And one time I asked a random local where x hotel was, and he offered to give me a lift in his car. It did feel nice being treated like a celebrity even if its for the most superficial reasons.

But while they tend to love foreigners so much in Japan, I've heard that Koreans are way more xenophobic in comparison. They'll acknowledge you as being different, or a foreigner, but that doesn't entitle you to any special treatment.
Japan = like being on display in a zoo and you're the most interesting animal.
Korea = like being on display but no one really cares about you.
Any truth to this? This is coming from a friend, so it's probably total bullshit.

At least my hostel has a sweet common room to meet other travelers in anyway
>>
>>915392
Call ahead just in case I say but you should be fine if you just randomly pop up unless its a holiday. I think staying at a hostel is the best way to travel. I rather stay at a 5 star hostel than a 5 star hostel even if they were the same price. You meet a fuck ton more people at hostel, and some of my best travel buddies or (I call them travel wives) I met at hostels.
>>
>>916684
God, Japan is weird like that isn't it?

I remember looking for the Pokemon center with my friends in Tokyo, we got helplessly lost in Ginza (totally wrong area) and asked a random passerby.

He spoke almost no English but called his friend who spoke English. We explained to his friend who relayed it to the guy.

The guy then hails a cab and motions for the three of us to get in. in retrospect, probably a bad idea but we figured Japan was safe. The guy directs the taxi driver and we drive for 10 minutes or so. We get there, the guy pays the 1500Â¥ cab fare even after we offer to pay and walks us into the store. He wishes us a good trip and leaves. I was fucking blown away.

ANYWAY. your question.

Korea is...more hit or miss I'd say? If you're looking for girls, there are girls in itaewon who are all over white guys. I'd say most people aren't outright rude or anything but they're not as nice as they are in Japan. I guess there's just...less white privilege? Haha. It's nothing to worry yourself over there. it's never an issue.
>>
>>916122

Butthurt beta detected
>>
>>916122
You do sound antisocial and butthurt man.
>>
like others have mentioned, take care of your stuff and don't leave it lying around. I lock all my bag zippers and bicycle lock my bag to my bed if no lockers are available. While it won't keep out anyone determined to get into your stuff, it does keep out the "honest" thieves, which is mostly what your dormmates would be.
>>
>>915921
wtf, was it that bad, in olso? I didnt know we were 3rd world cunts charging people twice. Thats some real turkshit.
>>
Here's my advice:

-Always make reservations (even if just a few days before) as there is nothing worse than turning up somewhere and the only hostel in the area being full.

-Pack a small padlock (not suitcase padlock, just a bit bigger) as some hostels have free lockers but you have to use your own padlock for.

-Always take a photo ID. Most hostels insist on it nowadays and in some of the larger ones only a passport will do (check when you book).

-Don't be "those twats that wander into the dorm at 2am, drunk talking loudly and switching on all the lights". Be aware most people sleep between midnight and 7 or so in the morning so try to show some sense and have your loud drunken chats in the lounge before going to bed using a low wattage torch to find your way around the room if you're that drunk your night vision won't work.

-Even in the classiest looking hostels there will occasionally be people walking around in the nude or people who think they can masturbate in their bed without anyone hearing, try not to be one of those people.

-Prepare yourself for French people. The French, in general, have no idea when it comes to hostel etiquette and certainly do not have a volume control. For example: You and the other guests might be trying to watch the news in the morning and maybe hear what is being said on the TV but French people will see a TV that is not talking to them in French as an affront to their dignity and talk as loudly as possible to each other to drown out the TV for everyone else, rather than talking in another room. In any situation the volume of French conversation is many decibels higher than conversations held by all other nationalities so beware if you have a hangover. They also leave toilets in horrible states with things like piss on the seat and floor and excrement stuck to the pan or unflushed (and that is just the ladies).
>>
>>916121
rekt um
>>
>>916191
you seem like that one dullard ruining the hostel vibe. Do you ever consider that your sober quiet reflectional hipster photographer bullshit is killing my buzz? huh? Ya jerk? Ever think that youre the odd man out and everyone else wants to drink, fuck, come in at all hours, and YOURE the odd one out who is ruining it for everyone?

You sound German or Finnish
>>
>Scotland
>Ireland
My best experiences were by far in the countryside, because of the people in it. They're more often lone hikers so we share a similar objective and we meet again along the way.
In cities people tend to be more like hipsters ("I'm soo multicultural"), in groups of friends (it's awkward to go and talk to them) and interested in drinking+clubs in the evening. I never found someone to go to the pub with in cities, but it was almost systematic in the countryside.
>>
>>917462

Very much depends on the Hostel in English cities. The Embassy youth hostel in Liverpool is very friendly and the guys that run it actively encourage interaction between the guests. The Globe Backpackers Hostel in Plymouth is another good one with a low hipster count that encourages guests to open their groups up more too.

A good rule of thumb I find is that if you go for somewhere that has the feel of a smaller or family run hostel not in the exact city centre it'll have friendlier and less pretentious guests, even in a city.
>>
>>917430
so much butthurt

the only french I've ever had problems with were either niggers, muslims, or actually portuguese immigrants who simply spoke french

the rest of your advice is pretty sound though
>>
Are there any differences in the people/ atmosphere in hostels in Europe in winter compared to summer? I'm thinking of travelling around to Amsterdam, Budapest, maybe a few other cities around Europe starting in the next month or so
>>
>>917485
Nope the french are the australians of europe, either obnoxious,loud,insufferable arrogant douchebags, or hippy-chic dreadlocked gap year cunts.
Horrible people.
>>
>>917488
Their hippies are insufferable, as are the left leaning voters of any country.

you probably never even come into contact with the right leaning people because they never leave teh country. I really don't know what your beef is.

ozzies can be bad, as can the welsh, londoners, scottish, and irish, or pretty much any anglophone for that matter.

most europeans ride on a high horse of illusory superiority. The germans do it too, they just hold it in better.

Out of all europeans the only ones that weren't consistently as obnoxious as americans or travelers in general were the swiss and norwegians. they are absolute gentlemen.
>>
>>917493
>forgetting austrians and the finnish

Get the fuck out
>>
>>917510

You spelt Australians wrong brah
>>
I get the impression that a lot of people travel primarily so they can stay at hostels. It has the realtraveler vibe more than almost anything else.
>>
Let me tell you about my only hostel experience.

I arrive at Barcelona's airport. I am there because ive found a job in Barcelona and i were gonna move there. My employer has booked a room for me at a hostel until i can get an apartment in Barcelona. I get in a cab, i get driven to the hostel. My employer havent booked shit. No single rooms available. I try to contact my employer but i cant reach him. Book one bed in a six bed dorm. I am now in a dorm with my two big bags, laptop and so on. I arrived at a friday and work would start monday so i would have the weekend to see the city. I get quite cosy in my bed, its in the top corner so it basicly the best bed, i can look out the window and watch the whole room. The job turns out to be shit and i end up staying in the hostel for a week. I basicly own that dorm now, ive seen people come and go. My shit is all over the floor with my bags, when i leave the room my laptop is out. My flipflops are on the bathroom. I dont give a fuck. One night some spanish bitches comes in late at night to sleep. They fall asleep right away. But one of them was snoring so fucking bad i had to take my phone out and record it. She was in the bed at the other side of the room and you can still hear it loud and clear in my recording. Anyway, around the seventh day some fucked up shit happens.

Litterally fucked up shit. I shit my pants while sitting in my bed.

I am so fucking lucky that im alone at this moment. It was a wet as fuck shit. My pants are wet, my sheets have a big fucking yellow stain and smells horrible. I jump the fuck down from the bunk bed, off with pants, wash and clean my ass. Get new underwear on, new pants. I stuff my shit underwear and pants in a paper bag i leave in the corner. Just as everything looks normal, the other people living in the dorm atm, walks in.

After that i did the only fucking thing you can do.

I get my laptop, book a flight to Thailand, take all my shit to the lobby and get a cab to take
>>
>>917587
me to the airport, where i get on a plane to Thailand.

Impulse trips to Thailand are the best
>>
>>917587
>>917588

Shitting your pants made you think of Thailand?

Not the best endorsement for a country I've heard...
>>
>>917587
>only option was to fly to thailand

wat.jpg
>>
>>917487
not quite summer/winter but in September in Europe I encountered much fewer students for obvious reasons, and more "mature" travellers
>>
Great place to stay when traveling. Everyone is usually super friendly and most people are down to tag along for any adventures you may have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TD07-Rwcq4
>>
>>916443
>doesn't mean they have nothing else to offer.
He never said that. I know exactly what he's talking about, but he's a faggot for being so anti social.
>>
>>917697
interesting video
>>
>>916733
Fuck. Had a beta moment just now fuxnmmndndbemsj
>>
File: tomoki.jpg (80KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
tomoki.jpg
80KB, 500x750px
Anyone else get laid in the hostel?
>>
>>916705
how is that weird? Dude don't you wish most people were so polite and courteous and jesus he even went out of his way AND fucking paid your taxi.

Weird? nah. Great
>>
>>917781
It's not weird because the people are extremely nice, it's weird because they're only nice to you just because you're a specific type of foreigner.

One time I was backpacking with a friend to different cities around Japan and a man and his wife offered to let us stay at their house for the night. I think they were mainly interested in practicing English, but they gave us dinner, let us shower, set up futons and everything. We insisted on paying them for their kindness but they refused, and even gave us a gift when we left. Said we were free to stay there anytime in the future.

Who needs hostels when you can exploit your foreigner privilege and stay at locals places?
>>
>>917587

Hahahahahah
>>
>>917770
Yeah, once, turned one down once (sort of).

Staying in a hostel in Singapore in little India, woke up kind of late because german girl opposite in dorm woke up and made noise. Only ones in the dorm. I was just lying in bed watching her as she sat up in bed, stripped off her top and was looking for her bra to put on, she looked over at me, I smiled, she looked down at her tits, smiled, shrugged. I beckoned her over and she came over to my bunk, I beckoned her closer and looked her in the eye and rubbed a nipple, then pulled her in to kiss. We made out and went on and I found some condoms in my toiletry bag and we banged in the bunk bed, kind of softly because it made a bit of noise if we were too hard. Then she went to shower and I fell asleep, later she checked out and I never saw her again.

The other time was when I comforted a crying brit girl that had had all her documents, cards and cash stolen the day before. She had a headache and was generally feeling shit and had asked me for painkillers so I was giving her a back rub and I kind of pushed it along out of habit and she wasn't complaining but she wasn't saying much either and I realised that I was basically molesting a really vulnerable girl and decided to leave it at a back rub. Later I left the rest of my pack of painkillers on her bed head and she took them when she checked out later.
>>
>>917770
oh shit yeah tons of times bro

I was a hostel bum who lived in one for like 3 months in London, kind of sad but I had a steady rotation of pussy. Some memorable experiences include (not just in the London hostel):

>aussie girl with the hairiest pussy ive ever seen
>swedish girl I fucked in her dorm and in the shower, someone walked in while we were mid fucking and just laughed and walked out
>American girl I told I was 16 to get her to leave after
>kiwi girl who moaned loudly in a 12 person dorm (everyone was in there haha)
>fat american chick, also in a full dorm, feel bad for the person sleeping beneath me
>japanese chick who banged a guy like an hour before and another an hour after
>a fucking midget
>french girl in a private room with her brother, her brother was sleeping in the bed next to us
>asian kiwi who i gold digged the fuck out of for a few months, she gave me her car and i crashed it
>breaking a hostel bed with a horny chubby french chick (empty room)

Theres a bunch more but these are the funniest ones. I got dozens of stories bro. Wouldn't consider myself super desirable but I am a dirtbag and that goes a long way in hostels.
>>
>>918007
hmm i never thought of it like that, i guess they do discriminate against philipinos and koreans etc etc . non-english foreigners... Now that i think about it there was always a kind of "awkward" atmosphere whenever i went out with my jap friends untill i started speaking english then most people would open up and everyone seemed a little friendlier. Im hispanic so im a slightly brown and i guess they must have thought im from some other asian or indian country.

Damn nigga i never thought of that
>>
File: lindow man.jpg (418KB, 544x544px) Image search: [Google]
lindow man.jpg
418KB, 544x544px
>>918076

Try being a tour guide and you'll get more women and of a better quality. I am a 5 at best and morbidly obese but when the women saw my purple ball on a stick it would drive them wild with desire, which got embarrassing a few times in the British museum. It is hard to get amorous when Lindow Man (as seen in the pic) is watching you.
>>
>>918106
lindow man sees what you did
>>
>>917770
WTF pic am I looking at?
>>
>>915392
Bring earplugs - someone's bound to snore like hell and people arriving late/early walking into the room while you're asleep. Don't trust lockers. Check reviews before you book.
>>
File: MikeBrodie7.jpg (72KB, 721x477px) Image search: [Google]
MikeBrodie7.jpg
72KB, 721x477px
I've stayed in quite a few. They're my first choice for accomodation.
Generally people will buy the most expensive ones expecting them to be guaranteed better this isn't always the case but you tend to get nicer 'first time' dorm mates. I tend to find especially when your travelling for a long time you get less sociable. So these sorta transitory hostels near airports or train stations are usually the nicest for meeting people for a chat rather than slinging your kit on your bed and hooking up to the wifi with ear phones in.

Personally in the future I'm going to avoid youth atmosphere hostels. The ones with a party vibe advertising. They weren't as noisy as I expected but they were full of long term stayers who all knew eachother and had a pointlessly huge staff list. In fact I couldn't tell which was which. I felt completely out of place and by the end they seemed to get pretty rude. Just a gossipy atmosphere, I dunno. Worst thing was I spent quite a few nights in one but bailed to another hostel for my final day in London which was fucking amazing (Palmers Lodge, will be my go to for London every time).

Although I would never reccomend anyone to relax their paranoia I eventually took to leaving my valuables around hostels with no problem. They're mostly populated by like minded decent travellers and although thievery happens and basic opsec is important you don't have to be Defcon 1 paranoid like I initially was. A good tip is to bring a good padlock. One of the long tall ones that are both light to carry on your bag and can fit around all kinds of things. Hostels usually have cages under your bed which can be ill suited for normal padlocks probably to encourage you to buy the extortionate hostel rental ones.

Beds are usually pretty nice but I had a pillow case with me and didn't regret it. I'll travel with one in future
Ear plugs are a necessity. The cheap ones were never enough when I needed them. Whiskey helped.
Are expensive ones worth it??
>>
>>918125
Yes. Earplugs. Already in a room of 4 people, odds are good one will be a loud snorer.
>>
>>917462
how do you find countryside hostels. I always used the Hostelworld app to find them and although great for cities it maps fuck all else??

I usually had to resort to Booking.com BnBs otherwise.
>>
>>917770

Yeah, I had sex with a Danish girl in the bathroom at 3 in the morning when we both were drunk as fuck.

Was some fun flirting around with her for the days it lasted. I actually met her when she came home from the trip since I'm Danish myself. It was a complete bummer. Boring as hell. Didn't even fuck her.

It's just something different when you are abroad.
>>
>>918073

>not taking advantage of vulnerable girls
>>
I thought hostels had an unwritten It's impolite to fuck in the dorms policy. Only time I experienced close was when I woken by a Polish girl shouting NO we're in company!
>>
>>918076

>she gave me her car and i crashed it

Top kek

Story behind? Why did she give you a car and how did you crash it?
>>
>>918145

It's very impolite. Fuck in the bathroom or somewhere else.
>>
>>918147
yea another question is etiquette on dealing with snorers. I usually give them 45 minutes or some before angrily telling to roll over. I seem to be a lone asshole in doing this tho. Do people just lie there and let them snore? I did have ear plugs but in these situations they were useless.

I can't stand groups that lie awake and let their fat friend snore away on his back all night.
>>
>>918150

Yeah I wouldn't say anything in the case of snoring. With that being said, I consider myself a heavy sleeper. Snoring doesn't keep me awake
>>
>>918150
It depends on the snoring. I'm a light sleeper, and if it's loud enough, I can't sleep even with earplugs on. I usually give them some grace period on which they can roll over or stop or something, after which I will do something gentle like tug their blanket or something. If that doesn't work, I'll get more heavy handed.

The worst are usually people who come back completely plastered at 4am. And for whatever reason, Aussies are the worst in that regard. Pass out on the bed, then snore like a chainsaw.
>>
Hostels really are hit or miss.

Had a great one last year in Dublin. Everything was clean and each room had its own bathroom. Had a great room in Berlin as well with cool roommates.

Had a couple of shitty one's in the UK though. The worst were in London (Kensington area). Showers were fucking disgusting, the bunk beds squeeked and the people who ran the place were cunts.
>>
>>918147
As far as I'm concerned it is OK in dorms, just be considerate about how you do it. I've fucked a few girls in dorms and we were very quiet, with one girl we waited for people to leave (we got back in the morning). Only time I made noise was with a French girl and the bed was squeaky, but I really wanted to fuck her and there was only one other guy in the dorm who wasn't asleep yet, so we wouldn't wake him up. But yeah sometimes we have fucked in the bathroom or empty common area.

If somebody is fucking in the bunk underneath me and they are quiet and quick then I'm fine with that. Good for them. One time they were taking ages, shaking the bunk, giggling and talking (they were fucking like 15 year olds I swear, bloody English) and I leaned down and told them to shut up or fuck off which put a stop to it.
>>
>>918151
>Snoring doesn't keep me awake
That's because you're the one keeping everyone else awake.
>>
>>918073
>I was giving her a back rub and I kind of pushed it along out of habit
How do I develop this habit?
>24yo virgin here ;_;
>>
Lost my virginity to a volunteer in a hostel in Ireland. She is now my girlfriend.
>>
>>918360

Nice one. Where are you from?
>>
>>918362
Australia. This was in Ireland a bit over a month ago...
>>
>>918363
Already said that didn't I.

I am currently travelling through the continent.
>>
>>918364
she know it was your first time?
>>
>>918355
When I and all my friends were turning 18 or so and starting to fuck around, we were all into backrubs as the preferred way to innocently get your hands on opposite-sex flesh (well, mostly opposite, we fooled around). We knew what it was about, they knew what it was about, we all pretended it wasn't about anything.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM0wP07wD2g

Backrubs were a very common way for us to flirt and I kind of kept the habit. I've picked up a fair few chicks over the years with backrubs. It gets a girl comfortable with your touch, maybe liking your smell and relaxed, blood is flowing around her muscles and this will lead to physical arousal, you mix it up with some light scratching, tracing your nails on her spine, maybe lean in and whisper in her ear about where she feels tense...

It's a solid technique and gets good results and everyone pretends that it's just about muscle tension.

Where I'm from, the fedora wearers have all done masseuse courses. I know one fedora wearer who went into sports massages from it actually. Works for a major football club now.

>>918196
>leaned down and told them to shut up or fuck off
I'd tell them that if they're keeping me up then I want to get some too

Alternately, just drop down and watch them and masturbate. It's live porn, may as well make the most of it. It's half-way likely to stop them.
>>
>>916121
#REKT
>>
>>916184
>uhh
>uhh
>tequilla plants
>no.

you talk like you're fresh out of tumblr m8
>>
>>915392
I'm going to Australia in January for a year for a working holiday. Is it cheaper to stay in hostels the whole time or should I find a place to rent?
>>
>>916156
>>916151
>>916171
>>916183

Sorry but this has seriously triggered my autism. To be considered tequila it must contain Agave nectar in it, Blended tequila (the cheap shit like Sauza, Jose Cuervo, etc) has to have at least 50% agave nectar to be considered "blended tequila", to have merely "tequila" on the label it must be 100% agave spirits, in the US it has to be from mexico (though it can be bottled in the US), not sure about international regulations.

I don't know much about distilling, but I imagine the process for homebrewing tequila would be similar to moonshine, merely swapping grains and rye, with agave nectar and a good amount of sugar to balance out the bitterness of the agave.

>TL;DR
Homemade tequila can easily be made.
>>
>>916182
they could build you a car then steal it back.
>>
>>915392
Friend of mine got pissed on in one.
>>
>>915392

My room was small as fuck, bed stiff as fuck, and some randoms threw up in the hall way at 4AM.

But then again, the location was amazing for tourism/partying, the girls were also amazing, and I got to meet some genuinely interesting travelers.
>>
>>918373
>implying I had any female friends or friends who knew any females
Talk about a miss spent youth.
>>
>>919145

Lel
>>
>>919145
was it in new zealand?

I remember pissing a hostel bed around 2010 there
>>
>>916156
>maybe they lived in a tequila distillery
>>
>>919120
Could be cheaper just to rent a place.
Try gumtree.com.au to find a place.
>>
>>918184

Which one in Berlin? I stayed at Pfefferbett which was very good.
Thread posts: 111
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.