[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Britfag here, why is it when Latin people (Spanish ,Italians,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 12

File: 1412570738658.gif (1001KB, 280x203px) Image search: [Google]
1412570738658.gif
1001KB, 280x203px
Britfag here, why is it when Latin people (Spanish ,Italians, South Americans etc) come into your hostel room you fill up with hope, knowing that there will be a warm and social atmosphere within the room but when a German arrives you know you will have to deal with a piss faced cunt for a few days.

>The answer
>Germans are cunts.
>>
>>911041
because their minds dont think like normal humans. They have NO senses of humor, literally you tell them a joke and they will wonder why you intentionally said an illogical and untrue story. They don't really know how to relax, the german mind is always obsessed with seeking effeciency and perfection, and feel they have to do everything to its fullest potential. Losing at a game of darts, for instance, to a brit is just something that happens. To a german it is a shameful display of laziness and ill preperation.

They are fucking hard to deal with.
>>
Southern Europeans are different to us Anglo-Germans and Scandinavians

We are as a society a lot more closed off and private, latins are really the opposite. They're taught from an early age how to have fun, which unfortunately grim northerners aren't.

You see it in the East of Europe too, Czechs and Russians are a lot less friendly than Croats, Bulgarians or Greeks, so maybe it's something to do with climate too, idk.
>>
>>911046
dont bring Swedes into this one, they are social and know how to have a good time.
>>
>>911042

I have a lot of German friends so I really badly want this to be untrue, unfortunately for the most part it's not. However, when staying in Germany things do get done a lot more painlessly compared to Wales where everything is a mess because everyone is a mess.
>>
>>911047

A lot of family is from Sweden. Swedes are a fucking blast but only if you know them beforehand I find, one of my best memories is my Swedish uncles convincing my friend to jump into the icy waters of the Stockholm archipelago because some old women were entering the sauna we were in.

Despite this, trying to meet new people in Sweden is fucking impossible, they don't like strangers talking to them. I've also visited Norway and Denmark and I'm convinced that Sweden is the worst for this.
>>
Fuck off back to /int/, OP.

I haven't had bad experiences with Germans. The worst for me have been Aussies, Brits, French, mainland Chinese.
>>
File: lena_obacht.png (181KB, 542x315px) Image search: [Google]
lena_obacht.png
181KB, 542x315px
German here. What a biased thread. There are Germans and Germans. When I was backpacking I had no problem with partying and socializing with people from all over the world. On the other hand, I don't consider myself very 'German' though. Still: Keep an open mind. It's the most important part of traveling anyway.

>>911042 is full of shit though.
>>
>>911042

German engineer here.
>literally you tell them a joke and they will wonder why you intentionally said an illogical and untrue story

You are so right, I'm actually laughing a bit right now. You still deserve to be punched in the face.

Ever wondered why Germans never tell 'funny jokes'? There are no jokes (including 'funny' ones), so stop interrupting my line of thought with your incomprehensible gibberish, I'm trying to figure sth out here.

>>911066
>partying and socializing
and you my friend, are a try-hard. stop denying your gifts and predispositions, get educated! There are higher things to do for us!
>>
>>911072
Based germanobro's.
Only just below austrians in terms of humble and introverted travellers.Better than the fucking obnoxious,loud,3am video calls in the middle of the 12 person dorm spanish.
>>
>tfw not a racist

It's a warm fuzzy feel.
>>
>tfw not judging someone based on their passport.

It's a warm, fuzzy feel.
>>
>>911041
>British complaining about anyone

There is nothing that fills me with more hope than the sound of a pretentious accent forced out of the mouth of a fat ugly englishman.

Hope for an Ebola outbreak in the land of the pommy porkers.
>>
>>911041
Personally, I think germans are alright. A little boring, but not bad.

Italians are always fun and friendly. Spanish are loud and annoying, but can be fun, and south americans are just the fucking worst. They complain nonstop about their vacations, and I even met a brazilian once who complained that working in germany for 14 euros and hour sucked because he didn't get an hour long siesta.

South americans are just lazy, unappreciative trash.

That said, germans warm up a bit if you can speak german and you get a few beers in them. They're basically just white asian people.
>>
>>911060
I agree, Germans are ausgezeichnet. Canadians are the worst -- smug, passive-aggressive backstabbers.
>>
>>911111
Horry shittu, I got squints. And I wasn't even trying.
>>
>>911041
Could be worse, could be sharing a room with a fucking yank
>>
>>911114
I think you might be The One
>>
>>911041
Also a "Britfag" here, and you're a daft cunt m8. Most Germans are polite and keep to themselves. Try sharing a room with a Chinaman or a Somalian and then tell me they're piss faced cunts.
>>
>>911143
>Chinaman
I'm guessing you don't travel much, old chum?
>>
>>911143

> Thinking Somalis aren't the most affable, polite and generous people around

lel
>>
>>911042
I am german and I kek'd at that.
>>
>>911143
The Chinese in hostels are very quiet and polite on the whole
>>
>>911161
Are you sure you can tell the difference between Japanese, Korean, Hong Kongers, Taiwanese, and mainland Chinese? The first four are quiet and polite and behave. Many mainland Chinese on the other hand have no concept of things like waiting in line, letting others sleep, respecting the local culture, and so on.
>>
Do not feed.

Come on, guys, this is basic stuff...

Thank you based hide button...
>>
Germans are machines, but I love them for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48aUMXifAn8
>>
File: Impressive.jpg (2MB, 2662x1774px) Image search: [Google]
Impressive.jpg
2MB, 2662x1774px
>>911148
>Somalis
>Not the worst demographic next to Serbs

All of my what. Every fucking Canadian city has an absolutely toxic Somali community. Jamaicans and Kenyans are usually pretty fucking cool, but Somalis are without a doubt the worst culture in the entire world.
>>
File: achewood.gif (44KB, 700x721px) Image search: [Google]
achewood.gif
44KB, 700x721px
>>
>>911164
as much as I hate chinese compared to other asians, you can't really forget that 40 years ago literally 15% of them starved to death, and 60 years ago they were publicly yelling people to death in communist reeducation programs

they've come far in the last 20 years. I think they'll eventually reach a level close to, though not at, the japanese and koreans
>>
Germans are ok, they're just average. There's too many of them traveling but they're better than Latinos. The timid Latinos are great, but there's very few of them. Most are too "outgoing" to put it nicely. Very quickly I want them to just shut the fuck up...
>>
>>911237
"Please don't disturb me by having a good time! I'm writing love letters to my waifu and making a vlog about cultural differences!"
>>
>>911324
meant for the beta autist who posted >>911260
>>
>>911060
whats wrong with aussies
>>
>>911335
are you kidding me bro?
>>
>>911335
>loud
>dumb
>completely culturally ignorant
>aggressive
>violent
>rude
>obnoxious
>lifelong fratboy
>annoying accent
>really really dumb
>arrogant
>poi fish tattoos
>>
>>911335
Don't worry about these poofs, yanks and pommies just cant handle the bantz.
>>
>>911335
Drunk loud oafs.
>>
>>911345
Sadly, that train of thought being exclusive to Aussies means everyone else views them as >>911340.

If you're the only one to think as such, it makes you the partypooper.
>>
I'll probably spend some months studying in Ireland. What kind of people should I expect from the Irish?
>>
>>911370

Generally friendly, as long as you're down to earth. Like a drink.

Don't even bother with mentioning history or politics though.
>>
>>911370
the irish are clannish. meaning they are friendly if they accept you into the clan, but being part of the clan necessarily includes a fair bit of jockeying for status, or social roughhousing. Also, if you're out of the clan, they hate you with a passion and would probably gut you without a second thought or regret if it wouldn't get them in trouble.

Personally, I tend to be wary. The clannishness is real, and it's tiring to deal with for long durations
>>
File: IMG-20120518-WA0001.jpg (5KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20120518-WA0001.jpg
5KB, 231x218px
what's all this /int/-like gibberish doing here? please hostel-kids get the fuck back to /int/ or /pol/
>>
>>911164
>>911144
>>911143

Chinamen are the fucking worst. Crossed that bloody patch of shit twice in my life, hate china and especially the chinese. Meeting them in Europe usually ruins my day
>>
bump. this is interesting.
>>
>>911089
>white asian people

you are unwittingly correct in more ways than one, my friend
>>
>>911111
>I agree, Germans are ausgezeichnet. Canadians are the worst -- smug, passive-aggressive backstabbers.
Confirmed for truth.
>>
Dear Britfags,
You are more racist than redneck americans, (the americans that we are emberassed about.)... stop doing that. it's not cute. All germans I've met have been cool. I didn't meet many americans traveling, but I've heard the horror stories, and it's always from brits and canadians. Just keep it to yourselves please. We get it, you've met one really bad american or german. it's not all of them... i'm gunna go eat some hamburgers.
>>
>>911089
>I even met a brazilian once who complained that working in germany for 14 euros and hour sucked because he didn't get an hour long siesta.
And he was 100% right.
>>
File: Typical TRV user.png (43KB, 756x603px) Image search: [Google]
Typical TRV user.png
43KB, 756x603px
>>911335

This is what's wrong with Aussies
>>
>itt sourkrauts
>>
>Pictures of Namibian women in traditional attire are deleted instantly
>This thread stays on the front page for days
Well done mods
>>
>>911378
lol so true. but once you are in the debauchery is so real. once a group of irish is committed to a task it will get done. but they will snub you if you are a tool
>>
You guys sound boring. Latinos I've met are fun as fuck if you can roll with it. They dont seem to take things very serious and seem quite charming to be around. Though I hate the Mexicans/spics that act like gangsters/cholos whatever you call i.

But in my experience italians are more stuck up then Latinos and when drunk they always end up talking about how they have a relative who was once in/is/possibly has mob/mafia connections. Or something to do with it which is so lame lol. i heard central american latinos are a little more "refined" but I'm unsure of how true that is

Brit here
>>
File: hghghg.jpg (30KB, 413x290px) Image search: [Google]
hghghg.jpg
30KB, 413x290px
>>913107
>committed to a task
>>
>>911625
This is just sad, seriously, why would people even do something like that?
>>
>>911089
Brazilians are probably the most fun people I met on my trips. As for complaining, the person I met whose complained the most was an Argentinian.
>>
What >>911395 said
>>
>>911066
Germans are fine. They have a sense of humour but it's just different.

You know how in English they have all those fictional sex moves like the Arabian Goggles, the Gecko, Donkey Punch and shit like that? They have nothing like that. Do a German a favour, and tell them all about the Cleveland Steamer.

As an Ausfag, we're the worst of the worst. But it's what our culture does to us. Binge-drinking, obnoxious and loud, can't take them anywhere. We just don't know any better, but at least our women are easy.
>>
>>913237
argentinians are self hating white wanna bes. They literally do not consider themselves hispanic/latin they consider themselves white because of all the europeon blood/war criminals that have lived in Argentina. It's fucking shameful . im not even spanish but i had a friend tell me about it i went to argentina few years later and witnessed it. its so fucking lame bruh
>>
>>911395
>not realizing that /trv/ is just int/ without flags
>>
>>913793
Uh, no. /int/ is a den of shitposting. /trv/ is one of the few decent boards.
>>
>>913925
True but sometimes it id a little like /int/ without flags. Just go to any thread about Canada for example and you'll see.
>>
>>914019
Canadian shitposting is about as old as the board itself, unfortunately.
>>
>>914029
Yeah that Montreal guy takes it to new heights though, but at least I get a good laugh out of it.
>>
>>911111
>Canadians are the worst -- smug, passive-aggressive backstabbers.
Canadian (of German Descent here)
That's mostly Torontonians, but you're right, they're a cancerous lot. Non-Asian Vancouverites are similar.
Western and Maritime Canadians on the other hand are pretty loud and boorish, but friendly and easy to get along with.
>>
>thread about the worst tourists
>no one has mentioned Israelis
Do any of you actually fucking travel? Spend a week on the Thai islands if you want to see bad tourists. They're all hotheaded 20 year old cunts coming fresh off their mandatory service trying to blow off steam. I've never seen any group as belligerent and aggressive as Israelis. Fuck 'em, not even /pol/ either.
>>
>>914161
They also like to start wildfires in Patagonia
>>
>>913259
well to your credit, at least you're aware of this.
>>
>>914161
Or Russians.

Russians and Israelis are in a cunt-class of their own.
>>
>>914161
Like with all other countries, it depends where they are. The lone Israelis traveling Europe I've seen have been okay. The ones you describe are in India and SEA. Just like horrible Americans go to Mexico or something, but the Americans in Europe are fine.
>>
>>914161
was thinking the same

next time i hope OP meets some brainwashed argumentative and foul-mouthed israelis straight out of military service...

then again, maybe they will get on like "a house on fire"
>>
>>911164
truth
>>
>>913259
I like ya.
>>
>>914180
I guess most travellers don't really take into account the way another country might be radically different to their own.

Australians have it bad because they don't realise that maybe not every place in the world isn't a fucking ACDC karaoke bar waiting to happen.

Remember our closest holiday spots that are overseas are Bali and Thailand. SEA is basically our Tijuana.
>>
>>911042
This one was funny to me.
>>
>>914576
Forgot link http://youtu.be/-oB6DN5dYWo
>>
>>914577
What the hell did I just watch?
>>
>>911625
>>913219
I'm Australian and I endorse that post.

I know people that would do that and think it was hilarious. One of the reasons I get out of the place as often as possible.
>>
>>914577
Get your shit in order klaus, you've killed more people than jack the ripper. Also people say the Germans can't into comedy
>>
>>911089
>South americans are just lazy, unappreciative trash.

South American here and this is kind of truth. They always blame others for why they are poor "because rich people get richer and poor people get poorer", "because racism", "because government", "because american imperialism" and others excuses.
Them comes a bastard asian immigrant without a single penny and not even speaking the local language. Work hard every day and saves money instead spending all on alcohol and parties and in a generation or two they go from poor farmer to store owners, engineers, doctors, judges, etc.

Yeah, the government is bad, the corruption is rampant to the point that a criminal that Interpol issued a red notice is considered by many a great politician (and they are all well aware of his dishonesty and corruption). But the people also are responsible to their fates.
>>
>>911237
Yeah, but I have a friend from a Taiwanese family and when he speaks in Chinese with his family they also speaks loud like if they were angry. While when they speak in portuguese they speak in a much lower tone. He said that due to the many intonations speaking louder makes it easier to understand each other. On the other hand I have met a an adorable meek and shy Chinese girl in New Zealand so there are exceptions.
>>
>>911042
>yfw people respond saying that what this said was an untrue story and call it biased.

Just proved it's own point there.
>>
>>911041
Answer: you just can't get enough shitskin cocks. The English have been programmed that way.
>>
Mexicanized or Germans that have been staying for a long while in Mexico are total bros.
Many of my teachers in college were German, and they were a cool bunch. Very helpful, smart and had a very cynical humor about the school or other shit, you couldn't help but love these guys if you shared a similar mindset. Of course, some students either didn't get their humor or were offended.
Plus, motherfuckers can drink. They always told us that they were our teachers at school but our friends at gatherings. And damned if you invited them to a party just to ask them for a good grade or anything, they'd just laugh in your face and tell you to fuck off.
The German female teacher was a pretty nice lady too. Very calm and helpful. I miss all of them.
>>
I'm Australian and I promise I'm not like this ;_;

Are people going to be mean to me when I travel just because I'm Australian?
>>
>>911140
Better than a euro fag.
>>
>>911041
Culture differences. Also I find latin people to be more welcoming than their white counter parts. This may also come from them also seeming to be braver and more willing to have new people enter their social circle.
>>
>>915978
Only sometimes.
>>
From my experience Ausfags are the worst when travelling young/doing hostels and the casual bar type travelling. They're loud, belligerent, and seem to be fun until you realize everything and anything bad that can happen WILL happen to them.

When being touristy and going to museums and shit, mainland Chinese are the worst. They cut in line, shove in front of you and use their lack of English/any other fucking language to do anything and just stare at you dumbly if you say anything.

And then personally I'm not a fan of Spaniards. They're fun to go out with for a few drinks but outside of that all they fucking do is complain and it gets really irritating. I also don't like this specific type of American traveler who doesn't realize that not everything American is available around the world. Like the ones who ask for splenda with their coffees in a kiosk in a Mexican village, or are gluten-free because of a diet and expect waiters to cater to that when gluten-intolerance is virtually unheard of and the waiter already barely understands them.
>>
>>916080
>splenda
Gross why would anyone add powdered cancer to there drinks.
Also I hope this gluten free shit will go away soon and people just move onto the next diet fad.
>>
>>911143
>Somalian
My experience in a nutshell
>yo Abdi what are we having tonight
>banana and rice innit
Everyday
Banana and rice
>>
>>916080
>不学中文所以你可以告诉他们走
How'd I do?
>>
>>911041
Oh, a Britfag crying about Germans, what a surprise. Leme guess, you want to Berlin, and couldn't get a German girl to suck your fat pale little sausage?

I've been living in Germany for close to 5 years. Believe it or not, there are many Germans who aren't autistic sperglords. There is German humour, and they do laugh at things, it's just different from anglo-humour (which is superior, IMO).

>>911111
>>914143
>That's mostly Torontonians, but you're right, they're a cancerous lot.
Nigga please. Project somewhere else. Go to any Toronto thread, it's plain to see who the most butthurt Canadians are, with all the provincials showing off their Tall Poppy Syndrome. It is so painfully and pathetically Canadian it makes me cringe, especially with you seeming to brag about your German connections. You don't see Torontonians whining about other places or giving any fucks. "Seattle Freeze" is a real thing, and not so different in other West Coast spots. Get a life.
>>
>>911075
>>911076
These.

>srsly making broad national stereotypes in 2014
Ich shiggidiggiere dich
>>
>>914029
It's only in the past year or two.... I've been around here almost 5 years, there never used to be so much shitposting, unless it was Kuzu saying how great Dubai was or the occasional old fashioned /b/-raid. Pollution from /int/ and /pol/ has definitely increased, along with more mindless shitposters.
>>
>>915641
>meek and shy Chinese girl
Ya don't say? Did you see many of those rare white types of sheep either?
>>
>>916083
>drinking a glass of corn syrup diluted with water and some chemicals.
>eeeeewwwwwy splenda causes cancer

>>916080
I'm not a fan of the anti-gluten fad either, but I have a cousin who is legit gluten allergic. Shit is real, and not fun at all.
>>
>>916105
You are completely right about the canadians.

They are seriously the most passive aggressive betas i have ever met. i hate using the word "beta" but jesus christ they are the definition. They claim to be multicultural and love all races blah blah, but get one drunk and say something even slightly racist about any other race and you will let loose the flood gates.

Also for some reason , they fucking despise americans and always have a million things to say about america / americans EVEN THOUGH everything in "canadian" culture is a poor clone of an american trend.

i think weaboos call this being tsundere or something.
>>
>>915643
i remember going to a bar that was having this Boardgame night and there was this fully german couple playing a boardgame. I joined them (its open tables and they needed a player) and we were all drinking. So the atmosphere was pretty nice, fun and light.. i mean we were all pretty much nerdy people so yeah.

Anyways, he starts explaining the rules and the girl beside me talks to me so i have a quick conversation with her , Making sure im quiet and still listening to the german, and he just stops reading. Puts on this serious face and stares at us. We say sorry and he stays quiet still staring (we stopped talking at this point) We just look at eachother like what the fuck, This nigga looked like he was a terminator who malfunctioned or something. We say Continue reading hte rules we'll stop talking. So he does but he has this fucking tone in his voice that made me want to stab him .

it was the most bitchy , condescending tone when he was speaking + a german accent. His gf just sat their quiet the whole time. So we finally started the game and of course him and his gf were 100% seriously playing the game. No smiling, no joking around just being fucking statues staring and strategizing. While you could hear everyone at every other table joking and laughing . our table was completly silent. We eventually just said we are bored and went to another game.

>germans
>even once
>>
>>916129
>gluten allergy
>OMG ITS SRS

no it's not. i have one and all that happens is you get bloated and it takes awhile to shit. it fucks up your shitting for the rest of the day but it is not a REAL fucking allergy, not like peanuts or something where if you eat it you'll die. Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>916096
But I don't want to learn Chinese, anon.

>>916129
Yeah the people with legit gluten-allergies are kinda shit-outta luck. I have a friend who is gluten allergic and lactose allergic (what a joy she is to travel with) and we went to countries where none of us spoke the language and it was such a mission that 90% of the time she just ordered some sort of grilled meat/fish and vegetables

>>916160
Bruh it doesn't just get you bloated. Its severity varies in people like most allergies. I have one friend who gets almost immediate diarrhea and another one gets actual rashes, migraines and some sort of joint paint if he has gluten.
>>
>>911041
Implying South Americans are Latin
>>
>>916160
I once travelled with a group to Rome, and we had to look for restaurants that serve gluten-free meals because one of the girls had a serious allergy for gluten. She explained it to me, if I remember correctly, if she ate anything containing gluten her intestinal villi would break down, and her intestines wouldn't be able to properly absorb nutrients any more.
>>
>>916188
Yes that's true but its not like 1 time if you take gluten bam it breaks down. It's terrible for your intestines but its not anything like other allergies. Most gluten intolerant people use it to get pity . And im the same guy, i have it pretty severe but im aware it is not deadly. Its like IBS
>>
>>911213
Truth, I fucking hate Somalis, they ruin every city they live in and make everything smells like piss.
>>
>>916157
Most don't really care about Americans at the end of the day, for all the moaning you might hear. As a 'small' culture next to a gigantic global culture powerhouse, where there is frankly already a lot of overlap, I think it's only natural that this leads to an inferiority complex. It's not a deep or genuine despising of anyone, it's more of a love of bitching in the face of the constant reminder you are smaller.

>>916159
Has it occurred to you that what you might be describing is merely the behaviour of a single boardgame nerd, and not necessarily representative of 80 million people?

And I thought /trv/ was supposed to be an intelligent board...

>>916160
Your experience ≠ everyone elses. I don't know why this would cause you to get this mad.
>>
>>916215
Go back to reddit. im not even joking you fucking reek of political correctness

>best not offend anyone :^)
>>
>>916247
And... where the hell do you even see "political correctness" in that post? I've been on /trv/ longer than you've even been on 4chan. Go suck a nigger dick and get AIDS, manlet. You gain zero credibility by spewing empty memes.
>>
>>916265
>nigger dick
>aids
>manlet
>you get zero credibility by spewing empty memes
>>
>>916129
>>drinking a glass of corn syrup diluted with water and some chemicals.
>implying I drink that shit
>>
>>916298
>you fucking reek of political correctness
so are you done shitposting here?
>>
>>916157
>They claim to be multicultural and love all races blah blah, but get one drunk and say something even slightly racist about any other race and you will let loose the flood gates.
Introduce them to an Australian...
>>
>>916201
pls tell me more
>>
File: 1411301769859.jpg (46KB, 400x438px) Image search: [Google]
1411301769859.jpg
46KB, 400x438px
>>911041
>not RUs, Israelis, Swedes and Strayans
Do you even travel?
>>
File: 1324780616115.jpg (10KB, 251x240px) Image search: [Google]
1324780616115.jpg
10KB, 251x240px
>>911041
>coming from a bong

You do realise English/British tourists are some of the most despised in the developed world?

Loud and obnoxious, and constantly drinking their cider/beer shit. As Avi says in Snatch, you fucking invented the language, but you don't seem to speak it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk/2137729.stm

Northerners are the most chill. Problem with Danes, Germans, etc, is that they usually need a beer or two to get going.

As a Dane/Scandifag, we tend to keep to ourselves until we are invited. The problem is, is that this is a double-edged sword, since if no one invites, they assume the other is a dullard.

Northerners, including Germany, are some of the friendliest people in the world and there's a reason why we consistently rank highest as the happiest people.
>>
Being Austrian and having had to deal with Anglo people in Hostels when I travelled to Japan this summer was a pain in the ass.
They don't respect you if you're not a tryhard swagfag who spends all day in a Japanese city looking for new sneakers or caps, and only speak English, yet they are pissed off when Germans meet each other and talk in their own language.
You guys are fucking cancer and can't try and observe a different culture, you always have to spread yours, I can't stand it.
>>
>>914552
>Australians have it bad because they don't realise that maybe not every place in the world isn't a fucking ACDC karaoke bar waiting to happen.

also the fact that all natural wildlife isn't out to get us
>>
>>917127
>Israelis
>Strayans
The the Israelis I've ran into have been cool people and the aussies seem to have so much money that I rarely have to buy my own beer around them since they just keep forcing me to take theirs.I do agree though on the fuck the Russians and the Swedish.
>>
The quality of the people depends not only on where they are from, but where you are staying. If you're staying a "party hostel" that's aimed to be as cheap as possible, you'll be stuck with obnoxious teens. On the other hand, if you can shell out a bit more for a higher-end hostel, you can have some nice experiences. The last few times I stayed in a hostel, I picked one of the not-so-cheap ones, with good reviews, and which wasn't a "WOOO PAAARTY!" hostel. Didn't have a bad experience with other people, including Aussies, Brits, and so on.

I actually spoke with some Brits and Aussies, and they agreed that their countrymen are awful when traveling, but they were all nice guys. It seems to really have helped to pick a good hostel.
>>
>>916160

You just probably have an allergy to FODMAPS, but there are people with Coeliac Disease who can digest gluten.
>>
>>917166

*can't digest
>>
I don't particularly think one race is worse than others. I've met Aussies who were nice and pleasant to talk to and I also met party Aussies (who actually were quite nice themselves). I met Brits who were just the friendliest people in the world but also met Brits who pissed themselves on their bed. Americans are generally great to hang out with, a lot of them are very ignorant of other cultures and historical events but that's due to the way their country is run and not down to an individual.

To be honest, the people who I had the most frustrating time dealing with were people who had a lot of money. No matter what race, they are all just incredibly demanding and often times were not willing to sacrifice their comfort for the good of the whole group. And it's very weird to me but from all the people I met on my travels, the more money they made the more ignorant they were likely to be. Things like Italians hating all the food that's not Italian or Americans comparing things to how they have it back home. But at the same time, like I said before, I've met some great people from many countries.

Now I do have a gripe with my own country. I'm Polish Canadian, I'm fluent in both languages, moved to Canada at a perfect time where I don't have a foreign accent in either one. Usually when I'm traveling in Europe I say I'm Canadian, when I travel in other parts of the world I say I'm Polish (less likely to have met many other Polish people so it's a good ice-breaker as people are more interested). The thing is, when I meet other Canadians, and I say I also live in Canada, they automatically stop having any interest in talking to me. So I've experienced situations where Canadians would rather talk to a German tourist in London than to me. See, this never happens when I meet Polish people, they're usually excited to find another Pole, especially in the more exotic locations. I don't know what it is, probably just cool points for talking to a foreigner.
>>
>>917202
I'm Canadian, and frankly I do sort of avoid most other Canadians abroad. It's not a rule, just mostly I don't care. I've also lived outside the country for nearly 5 years now, so maybe I'm a bit spoiled, or I don't feel quite as much kinship anymore. I don't know. I've never been very nationalistic. I'm also from Toronto, and part of me just doesn't want to (potentially) deal with the chance of redneck provincials bitching about a big bad place they've never even been (it's happened a couple times-- some twat from Edmonton, and a guy from Quebec City with a thick accent, although he at least was good with the banter, and we ended up getting drunk together and having a fun night stumbling around Rome). The last thing I want is stupid Canadian melodrama harshing my expat vibez. I don't want to have the same ol' conversations about our inferiority-complex relation to the US (I have a few good, close American friends and just can't stand the same old whiney AMERICA DURR buzzpoints), and our lame chest-thumping about how we're 'better than the US!' (but pathetic compared to most of Europe), or hockey which I don't give a flying fuck about (anymore), or plebby trash like Tim Hortons. Abroad no one much cares or knows about Canada, and honestly I'm relieved to not have to carry around a lot of nationalist baggage.

Too many Canadian tourists spend too much time trying to convince everyone else they aren't American. It's cringingly pathetic, and always makes me roll my eyes and want to go in the other direction. This sounds like some CK ad, but just be cool, be you, don't try to feed people what their impression of you should be, and I'll hang around with you where ever you may be from.
>>
>>917231
i agree, fuck Canada, everyone there is brainwashed into being super patriotic about stupid shit like maple syrup hockey blah blah blah like that somehow makes it unique or different from the states, only when I traveled abroad did I realize its just the states with better healthcare. No real culture.

I am also Canadian btw.
>>
>>917298
I wouldn't say we have no real culture, but that it's just weak in comparison. And of course there's a huge overlap with the US in some regards, things that have also been part of Canada for a long time, but it's already labeled 'American' so we're shit out of luck. But as I said, and I don't care if this makes me sound snobby, I'm just so tired and bored of it, and have zero interest in hanging out with Canadians (at home or abroad) who are still on that.
>>
>>917202
>>917298
This is why people laugh at canadians. Have some pride for your own country. (I know there's not much to proud of as canadian, but still)
>>
>>911625
>be an autist
>follow people around like a fucking creeper
>they play a prank on you
>cry like a bitch

EPIC
>>
Met some based Germanbros at The Flying Pig or whatever it's called in Amsterdam, maybe I was just lucky.

>>911046
>We are as a society a lot more closed off and private
wouldn't that be a reason not to stay in a shared room with strangers?
>>
>Only European countrys are good, everyone else has shitskin DNA
>>
>>917298
Only people in Ontario and the shit-tier Eastern provinces. They're such dweebs.
>>
>>919609
lol

>Italians and Spanish = Arab-Euro hybrids
>France now an Arab country
>UK soon to make it's first language Urdu, sharia courts already operating
>Sweden = Somalia 2.0
>Germany, the Turkish colony after 2 million women raped by Russian mongols in WWII
>The East = slavs (lol)

Sorry, what's that about European purity?
>>
>>919880
From what I noticed here on /trv/, it seems to be the west coast and Quebeckers who are THE biggest whiners, period. Every time I read a post like this, I want to hand over a box of kleenex and a depression support phone number.

It's funny how they're always shit-talking about "the East" or "Anglophones" or whatever. Whether it's jealousy, butt-hurt, rednecked provinciality, or just classic Canadian Tall Poppy Syndrome, or some combination is a bit unclear. But the level of rage and sneering hostility is something you don't find in these supposed 'dweebs'. It's purely a one way level of hate, which only suggests some projection of feelings of inferiority. Jealousy breeds contempt, right?

Shouting at everyone all the time while on the verge of tears that no, really, for real, cross your heart swearies you are better than them is probably the least effective way to convince anyone of that.

Srsly, all this shitposting by Canadians makes me just want to avoid the place even more, especially the west coast and Montreal, since they seem to only be full of bitter trolls. Fuck 'em. If I want West Coast, I'll go to Seattle or Portland that are far better than Hongcouver anyway. If I want French culture, I'll go to France. Quebec is just a francophone Pennsylvania.

>>919882
>>>/pol/

You've obviously never been to Europe. Plus you forgot to sneer about Gypsies. Also, what's funny is that there are three times as many Somalis in Canada as in Sweden. This 'Turkish colony hurr durr' in Germany is way overplayed. You'll only find Turks in big cities, and at least half are pretty much integrated. All these issues pale in comparison to the Black race riots and Latino colonization that the US has.
>>
My observations

I'm British but I generally find anyone more pleasant company than Anglophone people. Australians are the worst (you are a fucking abomination of a country, I hope you all die) , followed by Brits then Americans; but there's not much in it. Genuine warmth of south Americans (for example) is nice, but anglos do this whole fake, immature friendliness and fun crap, pretend to be your best friend when they don't know you, like they can just be themselves and have fun naturally. They are so self aware and pathetic. It's generally pitiful. Canadian women are some of the boring people on the planet. Seriously why? All Anglo women are ugly, masculine and badly dressed, but what makes Canadian women lack any feeling towards life, even pretend ones?

Germans are at least honest if a bit boring. I find them friendly enough, the males are often kind of nerdy and autistic, but that's fine. German women are really nice and usually pretty. Italians are funny and endearing in a way but annoying, almost always pussy hounds, seem to love cocaine and hard drugs more than anyone else too. French are great for the most part, GOAT women. Brazilians are relaxed, warm and surprisingly intellectual. Russians are great. Middle easterners are either overly taciturn, really genuine and cool, or obnoxious "party hard" Anglo wannabes (presumably trying too hard to let loose when outside of their conservative societies). Scandinavians are often false like Anglos but are a lot more intelligent and so less unpleasant with it.
>>
>>920351
>can't just be themselves
>>
File: 1295615496013.jpg (43KB, 250x318px) Image search: [Google]
1295615496013.jpg
43KB, 250x318px
>>919972
>I make sweeping generalizations of people based on anonymized interactions via img boards.

Heavy, man.
>>
>>920354
It's like the kept all the worst traits of Brits and then learned all the worst from Americans. Kiwis for some reason are much more tolerable, I've noticed.
>>
>>911073
Had an Austrian girlfriend that I saw not too long ago. Her and her brother would try and say something sarcastic and it just would never work
>>
>>911089
Have you even been to South America?
>>
>>911563
We aren't racist, we just don't approve of them.
>>
>>911143
Err... Do Chinese even hostel? I've never seen them doing anything other than big bus tours, and I've travelled a lot (albeit I haven't hosteled for 5 years).
>>
>>920351
>Australians are the worst (you are a fucking abomination of a country, I hope you all die)
come to Aus and say that to my face u cheeky kunt
just takin the piss m8, your a'right ;^)
>>
>>920478
Yeah the young generation is just starting to get into hosteling. They're not into it as much yet cause many can't afford travel but as they earn more and more we'll see more of them in hostels. The majority of Asians in hostels right now are Jap, Korean, Taiwanese and Singaporean. Asians like their luxury travel though, their society is all about show so they prefer to stay in well off places. But as with every society, the more money they earn the more they travel and an offset of those will end up staying in hostels.

Also, the guy you quoted is right. Chinese from mainland are some of the worst hostel guests I've ever met. They have terrible manners, they are often loud when they shouldn't be, they have no courtesy for others, they're messy. I guess they use hostels as a means of a cheaper place to stay and not what hostels are all about, meeting people from other parts of the world, so in a way they just take up space for people who you'd rather have in hostels.
>>
>The day /trv/ died
>>
>>913274
But Argentina is white. Saying they aren't is like saying Americans aren't white because 40% of their population is black or hispanic.
>>
>>921857
I don't care about 'whiteness' one way or the other, but of Argentina's Euro-descended population, the majority are Italian, Spanish, or Slav (including many Jews), with just a bit of this and that from elsewhere. There is a very distinct olivey 'tan' shade to the average Argie.
>>
>>920351
easy there holden caufield
>>
Personally I've had mostly good experiences with German backpackers. The French, on the other hand...
>>
>>921947
>the majority are Italian, Spanish
But Italians and Spanish aren't white either. And more than 51% of Argentinians have idian blood.

>>921857
Americans aren't white either. Remember, America is a continent, not a country.
>>
what a clusterfuck
>>
>>921970
>But Italians and Spanish aren't white either.
Ah, you're one of those people.
>>
>>921970
>America is a continent, not a country.
North America and South America are continents, 'America' is shorthand for [United States of] America.
>>
>>911111
>No 9/11 jokes
So dissapointed
>>
OP, i shouldve read this thread last night
Went out with a german here in prague and the entire time, he's lecturing me about everything wrong in the US justice system
I just wanted a drink and to look at girls
>>
File: argentin.jpg (940KB, 992x1820px) Image search: [Google]
argentin.jpg
940KB, 992x1820px
>>921970
>>
South American here

both british and Germans are cunts.
The irish are great
the scottish are alright
Canadians are ehh
Yanks are also ehh

French are ehh
Italians are ok
Austrians are better than Germans at least
the swizz are alright
>>
>>922845
The Scottish are British you dopey cunt.
>>
>>922845
If there's one country in Europe that's full of cunts, it's Austria. Switzerland is close behind. I don't know where the heck you're forming your opinions from, but I lived in Innsbruck long enough to know.
>>
>>921857

That's a bad analogy. Americans aren't white in fact American whites have a huge cultural inferiority complex over this uncomfortable fact. American's are mutts and mongrels; you'll be hard pressed to find a white person in the states who doesn't have a native american or black ancestor in their family tree.
>>
>>920351
This is pretty accurate. Brits are always a bit weird, though.
>>
>>911041
I've always found the opposite to be true, especially after living in dorms a couple of years. Spanish people would be loud, obnoxious and with a constant drive to prove their amount of testosterone.

Whereas Brits, Germans, other central/north Europeans would have a more civilized manner (still drunk though).

On a slightly related note I've always found girls who go after Spanish guys the female version of guys with yellow fever.
>>
>>911164
>Many mainland Chinese on the other hand have no concept of things like waiting in line, letting others sleep, respecting the local culture, and so on.
It's so interesting because this is exactly how I would describe the US people I've come across while living in Asia.

Not saying Chinese mainland is a great place, just that the douchebags are more visible than the more timid or normal ones (of which there are many in China).
>>
>>923090
Americans know how to stand in line. Americans also don't tell their 3 year old child to run ahead in the line so they can pretend to be distraught while they "look" for their kid, and are so happy when they find them that they don't move back to where they came
>>
>>923096
>Americans know how to stand in line.
In my experience Americans would make a mistake, blame it on someone else and make everyone else wait while they scream to "see the manager".
>>
>>923088
this

jesus christ hispanic cultures are annoying as fuck

they can't even board a train in france or switzerland without fucking yelling and running around
>>
>>923051
lel. No.

White Americans are largely mutts and mongrels, that's true, but usually of 3-4 European backgrounds.

Most blacks do have some white ancestry. However, claims of Native American ancestry are almost always far overblown. It's a claim requiring absolutely no proof, and became popular in past generations as a way of legitimizing oneself as 'also' native, and thus, like totally for real, deserving of the ties one had to the USA during periods of heavier immigration.
>>
In general European people are a pain in the ass when you work in the Hospitality industry. Outside of the British who can be ok they all tend to be a pain in the ass (particularly French people who can never just stop complaining "allo front desk zis soup is cold I need ze chef to make new zoup" [call placed 47 minutes after room service order was placed]) Scandanavians are generally nice and not demanding but they way they pussy foot around asking questions makes things a hassle. I like slavs though because they're the only ones who don't care if I don't smile.

I'm not familiar with the Chinese though, they only speak to 1 of the 2 dedicated Chinese speaking front desk workers and I can never tell if they're yelling at each other or having fun.
>>
>>923141
You do not know many black people.

The whole Native American thing is almost always about having good hair/light skin.
>>
>>923158
>In general European people are a pain in the ass
>general European people
Not sure if US troll or actually generalizing over 80 ethnicities.

Either way, shitpost.
Thread posts: 168
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.