[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please someone explain to me the appeal of Korea. I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 9

File: yao-yao-guo-shu-yao-01.jpg (236KB, 480x701px) Image search: [Google]
yao-yao-guo-shu-yao-01.jpg
236KB, 480x701px
Please someone explain to me the appeal of Korea. I don't get it.

It seems a lot of kids under 25 see Korea the way that kids under 25 saw Japan 10-20 years ago. Japan I get--it has anime, a sophisticated exotic culture, and a complex history. Korea is basically a shitty, dirty, poorer copy of Japan. It lacks the complexity, barbarism, and history of China, and it lacks the sophistication and pop culture of Japan. It's a shitty compromise. All that it has going for it are some cute girls with nice legs who sing badly.

Is that it? Seriously? Please someone explain the pleasure of Korea.

Pic unrelated; she's Taiwanese.
>>
Language rather easy to learn, compared to Japanese and Chinese and their thousands of characters.
Pop culture still quite attractive
Sexier than japan who is often too hard on censorship, and doesn't embarrass so much with formality
China too mainstream and sometimes seen as too "professional'. It's more hip to like Korea or Japan. And the Chinese are severely lacking in pop culture, at least Korea makes some watchable dramas.
>>
It's wrong to view it as a second division Japan. The thing about Korea is that it was isolated for centuries before it was forced to open up to Japan and the west in the 19th century. It was the most hardcore Confucian culture before that time. So one of the other things that's interesting about Korea, compared to Japan, is just how fast it modernized and encountering the ancient and the futuristic alongside each other. It's not significantly poorer than Japan, either, and its economy hasn't been stagnating like Japan's. Where are you even getting these ideas from? Hopefully not from this website.
>>
If you actually knew anything about Korea you wouldn't say that. The food has a pretty broad depth and lots of really delicious and interesting things. The culture is unique, and extremely identifiable. The entire country is like one huge family, and social relations are predicated on the relative ages of people. It's also rapidly become a huge part of the global economy, has a big pop culture influence and doesn't necessarily have the same stigma as Japan.

What is completely lost on you though, is that Korea is MUCH more popular throughout Asia than any western country. Throughout Asia, Korean dramas, movies, and pop songs became extremely popular simply because back in the 90's, it was cheap to buy the licencing. So broadcasters in places like the Philippines picked up Korean shows, and they just really took off.
>>
>>875291
Also, I would like to point out that like Japan, Korea has massive social problems. Their young guys are completely fucked in the head when it comes to women. The mothers are banshees. If a young Korean girl winds up pregnant before marriage, they will tell her she is a disgusting whore, that she should just die, to get an abortion. Suicide rates are the highest in the world I believe.

Similar to Japan, in that it's 'exotic' and has a lot of media for people to soak up, and also that it has massive societal issues it needs to work on. Different reasons for why each are popular.
>>
>>875257
Lived there for a year. Its bretty gud.
>>
>>875257
It's an Asian country between being cheap and being high technology.

It's great if you are generally interested in Asian countries for every day life and not sightseeing, pretending to give a shit about exotic culture. Social life is great if you aren't a social misfit.

But for me personally I pick Korea over Japan because the animu neckbeards don't go there.

Oh yeah, and there's plenty of Japanese girls in Korea too
>>
>>875292
What's up with so many people claiming that their countries are number 1 in suicide? I have heard this even from kiwis and Brazilians! Although Korea is pretty close as number 3. Greenland is number 1, Lithuania is number 2, Guyana is number 4 and Kazakhstan is number 5.
>>
>>875367
lmao are you serious? Every foreigner i've met in korea (im foreign too mind you) is a full blown korea boo.

I dated korean girls before and seriously their culture is nothing special and they are so naive/ uneducated about countries besides korea that it's like talking to a brick wall. Also once you get past the intial meeting them they can be rude as fuck

If you can afford it goto japan because japan is a much nicer place/ has much more polite people then korea

If you're going because you're into kpop then go ahead but prepare to be dissapointed as korean girls ain't that pretty and a shocking amount of them that are have had plastic surgery

It's the #1 country with suicides on the planet for a reason
>>
>>875398
Countrys that actually matter and have significant populations.

Nobody cares about guyana or lithuania lol
>>
>>875421
Still have greenland. They should just say that korea has the highest rate in asia
>>
>>875404
>It's the #1 country with suicides on the planet for a reason
No it's not. It's high, but so is Japan. If that's your scale of countries to visit, why not go to Syria? They have a very low suicide rate.

>korea boo.
I don't know what people you attract. I didn't meet any socially inept chubbies with an unhealthy addiction to childrens games or toys.
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 531x295px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 531x295px
In Brazil we had this guy who went through plastic surgery to look Korean
>>
One of my coworkers is half-Korean. Speaks the language and all that. He lived there for a few years, and finally said fuck it and left because he wanted his kids to grow up in a civilized country where they weren't treated like shit for not being 100% Korean. He himself was constantly overhearing racist comments directed toward him, on the street or on public transportation or at restaurants or wherever, because the morons couldn't believe that a non-100%-Korean could possibly speak or understand the language.

>>875291
>Korean dramas
Yeah, that's true. It still doesn't really explain all the kids who think Korea is some sort of magical fairy land.
>>
>>875454
>I have made a very big mistake
>>
>>875514
He doesn't think that way, neither those celebrities that used to be reasonably pretty and become hideous abominations.
>>
All Korean girls are prostitutes.
>>
>>875404
>have had plastic surgery
So long as they've got big titties I don't care.
>>
>>875404
This guy gets it.

Koreans have a terrible attitude about their country. It's an endless stream of "we're the best", until one of the many huge flaws is pointed out, and then it's "don't pick on us, we're developing" or "we're just a small country".

I understand that it necessary to pump your schoolchildren full of nationalist propaganda, but if you want to develop as country, somewhere along the line this has to be abandoned.

Koreans culture sucks so bad even Koreans hate it, but their nationalism won't let them admit it to anyone other than another Korea. But seeing how many Koreans leave Korea even after they got rich, it's a pretty damning indication of Korean society. Even Koreans in other places still have ?,

95% of the expats in Korea are fuckups. If their not Asians in love with Korea's shitty pop culture, their weeb equivalents or would-be charisma men. The worst are the white guys who started behaving like Korean guys. Tourists are usually pretty cool but I question their sense of coming to Korea and not one of the more cultured countries nearby.
>>
korea is the worst country to visit or stay
>>
>>875627
No they get it on their faces .

Like full blown Chisel your fucking skull plastic surgery.

Majority get eye work though as its more affordable
>>
>>875257
Yin and yang: the blue and red circle at the heart of the South Korean flag neatly symbolises not only the divided Korean peninsula but also the fluid mix of ancient and modern aspects of the country officially called the Republic of Korea (ROK). For the vast majority of visitors a trip to this part of the world means spending time in South Korea. Unfairly overshadowed by the headline-grabbing antics of its bad-boy neighbour, South Korea is a dream destination for the traveller, an engaging, welcoming place where the dazzling benefits of a fully industrialised, high-tech nation are balanced alongside a reverence for tradition and the ways of old Asia.

Academics still quibble over whether the Land of the Morning Calm (a term coined by travel writer Percival Lowell in 1885) is an accurate translation of the old Chinese characters by which all of Korea was once known. Dive into Seoul, powerhouse of Asia’s third-largest economy, and calm is likely the last thing you’ll feel. This round-the-clock city is constantly on the move, its ‘work hard, play hard’ population the epitome of the nation’s indefatigable, can-do spirit.

South Korea’s excellent transport infrastructure and compact size mean that within an hour of the urban sprawl more tranquil moments are achievable atop craggy mountain peaks enclosed by densely forested national parks threaded through with picturesque, challenging hiking trails. Get further off the beaten bath than you could believe possible by sailing to remote islands, where farming and fishing folk will welcome you into their homes and simple seafood cafes. Or sample the serenity of a Buddhist temple retreat where the honk of traffic is replaced by meditation and the rhythmic pre-dawn chants of shaven-headed monks.

and that's just the lonley planets summary. maybe should read up on somethign before you run your mouth. you been to korea btw?
>>
I live in Taiwan and I took a short trip to Seoul to see what the hype was about. Probably my least favorite country I've visited. It seemed superficial and lacking unique culture. Maybe it gets better if you live in the smaller towns. One thing I noticed was that everyone was dressed really nice. Heated floors were pretty cool and the Subway subway is good. I love when subways connect to the main airport. I doubt i'd go back, even though the ticket is pretty cheap.
>>
>>875632
>but their nationalism won't let them admit it to anyone other than another Korea
>t's an endless stream of "we're the best",
I bet you never asked a white guy where he's from and he proudly beats his chest proclaiming he's an ahmerrrrricuuuun, claiming it to be the no.1 country in the world despite having the worlds highest population of male tits in the world.

So yeah, all Americans must be bad because I met these guys while traveling. Or?
>>
>>875670
OP here. Lived there for two years, have Korean relatives. Know the country better than anyone else in this thread, most likely.

Of course, you think Lonely Planet is worth reading so you're obviously not worth talking to. :]
>>
>It seems a lot of kids under 25 see Korea the way that kids under 25 saw Japan 10-20 years ago.

yep, I would agree with that completely.
>>
>>875865
That's good. Someday you can post that when there's a thread about America.

I like to read a blog called "Ask a Korean" it's by a Korean guy who moved to the USA and became a lawyer. One of his topics was 'how to criticize Korea properly, and one of the comments on that post sums up the situation perfectly. Korea is a little boy on a football field "The little boy stands on the sidelines screaming "I'm a big boy! I'm a big boy! I can play with you big boys, you must respect me as a big boy!" Then gets hit with a hard tackle and says "Please take it easy I'm only a little boy!" Then when he scores a goal he gloats in the faces of all the other players yelling "Look at the little boy kicking the asses of all you big boys! I'm so small and don't have any natural resources but I'm beating all your asses!" After the game at the bar, when the check comes, he says "Sorry, I'm only a poor little boy with no money." And finally on his way out the door he brings out a wad of cash and flashes it at the ladies, saying "Check out the big boy with loads of cash."

In other words, big boy when it's advantageous, little boy when it's not, but generally annoying and hypocritical regardless."
>>
>>875398
damnit the one time I see the shit-tier homeland of my ancestors on /trv/, it's because they're top 5 in suicide
>>
>>876291
So we're only allowed to compare Korea to Japan. Am I getting this right? Who's Japan in the game then?
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 297x297px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 297x297px
>>876306
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 540x304px
>>876312
Interesting how Korea always try to bring up Japan even if nobody mentioned it.
>>
>>875865
>the worlds highest population of male tits in the world
Murrica, fuck yeah! We're #1! #werenumberone!!!
>>
>>876326
It's literally in the second sentence of this thread.
>>
>>875865
You've never been to Thailand.
>>
>>876291
That's a pretty good analogy, although AskAKorean often comes across as a bit of a nationalist asshat.

If that's how Korea really is, and it definitely gels with my experience, then that would explain why it's such an annoying shithole in the eyes of foreigners, whereas even shittier countries (China) are more appealing.
>>
I'm studying abroad in Seoul next spring... What am I in for?
>>
>>875632

i liked korea way better than japan. decent food, good subway system, korean girls are qt and nice, not autistic and weird. some are rude, especially in nightclubs, but it's like that everywhere.

also, japan has way more niggers, and they're quite obnoxious
>>
>>876592
He's a flaming liberal asshat to boot. But he's admittedly intelligent and gives me insights to my adopted home.

>>876604
Korea's shelf life for enjoyment is about the length of 1 turist visa. After 90 days, you've done it all, and the negatives wear on you. Japan is a much better country overall. We often discuss these facts and more over at >>>/int/, because we're not really talking about traveling anymore.
>>
>>876512
I'm talking about the post he mentioned.

Nowhere he said that you can't compare it to America or mentioned Japan but here it is Korea bringing up japan again.
>>
>>876522
I have, and most of the foreign whoremongers I see there are Australian or British. I'm perennially amazed at how many British alcoholics marry prostitutes.
>>
>>875257
Korea has MMORPGS but you don't really need to go to Korea to experience that. Korea is also mostly christian- i.e their minds have been colonized by the 'west' so really there is nothing attractive about the country for me. Japan is greatly superior
>>
>>875267
>he thing about Korea is that it was isolated for centuries before it was forced to open up to Japan and the west in the 19th century
No it wasn't. It was isolated in the same sense the rest of the Middle East was isolated but Korea was always open to China and the rest of the far eastern civilization.

Japan is the one that spent centuries being isolated then opened up and had a massive burst of innovation and then closed down for another few centuries.

Korea was always open to other civs in the same group.
>>
Spent a summer in Korea.

It's an awesome place to go while you're young. Great nightlife, tons of outgoing people, a little bit of white privelege, Soju all around, and little to no weebos.

The only people I ever got into arguments with happened to be a group of Korean Americans who said I don't belong in the country and this weebo faggot who kept trying to speak Japanese to me.
>>
>>875632
>I understand that it necessary to pump your schoolchildren full of nationalist propaganda, but if you want to develop as country

need I remind you that children are forced to say the pledge of allegiance every morning in the united states?
>>
>>876977
So Koreans are the annoying Americans of the Asia?
>>
>>876991
That's mainland Chinese. The smelly ones that still think they're on top, despite half the country living in poverty.
>>
But do Korean cuties have big tits?
>>
I grew up in a city with a large Korean population. Maybe for that reason I don't see what's so exotic or special about Koreans. I don't think the women are particularly attractive, but I'm not into Asians generally anyhow. I hate anime and Asian pop, etc. etc.

I've had plenty of Korean food too, I find it rather meh. Kimchi is a nice touch, sometimes, and there are some decent signature dishes, but it's nothing fancy to rave about.

One of my coworkers is Korean, he was a KATUSA for most of his 20s, and his english is very good American-accented, he's pretty white-washed even though he's only been here 3 years (you'd think it were 20). He's always going on about what an embarrassing mess Korean culture is.

All in all, I just see zero appeal to Korea.
>>
>>875291
>extremely identifiable
arr rook ze same
>>
File: average3.webm (3MB, 382x912px)
average3.webm
3MB, 382x912px
You can obtain an A V E R A G E kgf if you are white and workout in Korea with ease.

>tfw no A V E R A G E kgf to come home to
>she will never call you oppa
>you will never listen to kpop with ur A V E R A G E qt
>tfw no A V E R A G E kgf
>>
>>877076

This is a pretty ignorant statement, I don't even know where you pulled that from tbh
>>
>>877584
nope every korean girl i've seen/been with has has like bcups at the most. perky though
>>
>>875257
My mom is Korean, I've been to Korea and while I like many aspects of the country a lot, I agree that the obsession some people have with Korean pop culture seems really fucking stupid, and I am frankly just as baffled by it is as you are. I think a part of it is that once Korean music and drama's became popular in Japan it spread quickly to the Weaboo demographic in the west.
It is worth noting that if North Korea were to collapse, millions of refugees along with meth and guns would probably flood across the dmz, which would be a humanitarian disaster but could also result in Seoul becoming cyberpunk as fuck and possibly more interesting to people who don't like the kpop aesthetic.
>>
>>875632
charisma men? Wtf is that lol. That just sounds so funny to me
>>
>>876522
silly anon, Americans don't visit Thailand.
>>
>>877873

So they're a little America then? Why is that even surprising? Unless you're not American, then I understand your position.

I agree that Korea doesn't have much of a cultural appeal, but that's precisely because their culture runs parallel with the United States' culture. They're practically the USA of Asia.
>>
>>875267
Um Japan was the one that modernized rapidly, and was isolated until the 19th century, so yes, it is a second copy of Japan, they even have the same god damn history.
>>
>>875257
everyone I know who is Korea now was originally rejected from Japan. Literally every single person I've ever known who went there tried to go to Japan first.

so there's that.
>>
>>877880
It's something like this guy >>877837

It's a white guy who can't approach white girls but feels comfortable around Asians because of the language barrier and/or cultural differences. Said men often have a better time in Asia because few girls reject them outright and when that happens they can brush it off and attribute to factors other than them being repulsive.

>>877864
They did a study on it (my gf claims). 88% are A cups, 9% are B's. I love big titted asians and see a few every day.

>>877906
The difference between Americans and Koreans is that most Americans are willing to admit America's faults-- or at the very least that some faults exist. Koreans, on the other hand, are usually not too quick to admit there's a problem or attempt to explain it away, despite the myriad evidence that their 'cultural norms' are literally destroying their society (suicide rates, motor vehicle fatality rates, worker productivity, working hours, birth rate, etc.) .Korean language has 7 honorifics based on status- the culture is inseparable from the language. Growing up, the younger people take shit from the older people and vow to change, but when they get older, the don't want to give the younger generations a break because they endured so much shit being shoveled on them they don't want to forgo their status. So the cycle continues until all the Koreans have immigrated or immigrants have dilute the Korean identity out of existence.

Korea is fun to come party and get fucked up in. There is literally nothing here that can't be experienced to a better extent in a neighboring country- unless you're really big on fermented vegetables, go to Japan or China.
>>
>>877926
how did they get "rejected"?
>>
>>876602

I'm studying abroad in the spring in Seoul too...
>>
I know just one person who likes Korea.
She likes it because liking Japan was mainstream. Now, liking Korea is mainstream too, she start liking Vietnam.
>>
File: 10341.jpg (204KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
10341.jpg
204KB, 960x960px
Spent a lot of time in both Japan and Korea.

Korea > Japan.

cheaper, much better food, better transport, no niggers.
>>
>>876306
I visited it before mate.
Loved the holes in the ground you guys use to shit.
>>
>>877938
>The difference between Americans and Koreans is that most Americans are willing to admit America's faults-- or at the very least that some faults exist. Koreans, on the other hand, are usually not too quick to admit there's a problem or attempt to explain it away, despite the myriad evidence that their 'cultural norms' are literally destroying their society (suicide rates, motor vehicle fatality rates, worker productivity, working hours, birth rate, etc.) .

This is the single dumbest thing I have ever read. Americans do the same shit.
>>
>>877909
>Um Japan was the one that modernized rapidly
I'm not sure about Japanese history but haven't them developed in a slowly stagnating pace since the second world war?

When talking about the rapid modernization in Asia I'm guessing the previous poster refers to the "four asian tigers": Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan and Hong Kong. Countries that reached an industrial level in an extremely short time.
>>
>>878179
>in a slowly stagnating pace since the second world war?
No, only since the 1980s.

As for the 'industry' of Hong Kong and Singapore, don't make me laugh.
>>
>>878273
Im not sure what point you try to make. Fine if you dislike SK, but the asian four tigers are still those countries no matter what culture you prefer.
>>
>>878046
Not Kazakhstan, my family is from Guyana
>>
File: a v e r a g e.jpg (17KB, 288x427px) Image search: [Google]
a v e r a g e.jpg
17KB, 288x427px
>>877938
>They did a study on it (my gf claims). 88% are A cups, 9% are B's. I love big titted asians and see a few every day

88% are A? That's a damn shame.
Then again, I guess it suits the Oriental aesthetic.

>I love big titted asians
Preaching to the choir brother.
>>
>>878345
You're in the wrong continent if don't want A-cup tits. Most Asians across all of continental Asia (except Russians) have small tits. This should be no surprise.
>>
>>878457
>>878345

I've seen some Thai girls with nice tits. Even asses too. One girl I was with had to take hormones which made her tits grow bigger. The other was a mom.
>>
File: typical femanon pushups.gif (613KB, 354x354px) Image search: [Google]
typical femanon pushups.gif
613KB, 354x354px
>>878498
>One girl I was with had to take hormones which made her tits grow bigger.
thisismyfetish.jpg
>>
>>878526
That looks extremely painful
inb4 FOR YOU
>>
>>875267

korea was modernised by japan itself, and after the korean war the west massively invested in and (over)modernised the south while simultaneously starving the north of any external resources, trade or any kind of support, purely to make the north look as shit as possible. this has lead to tens of millions of deaths and an almost unimaginable level of seperation between north/south BUT IT'S OK BECAUSE IT PROVES CAPITALISM IS THE BEST!
>>
>>875604

found the jap.
>>
>>878546
Actually, after the korean war the USSR and China massively invested in and (over)modernised the Nouth while simultaneously starving the southth of any external resources, trade or any kind of support, purely to make the south look as shit as possible. this has lead to tens of millions smartphones and an almost unimaginable level of surgeries between north/south BUT IT'S OK BECAUSE IT PROVES COMMUNISM IS THE BEST!

Seriously, the DPRK was more developed until the 80's. The USSR fell, you lost, deal with it. God even hit you fags with a famine and killed Kim Il Seong to drive the point home.
>>
>>878546
Yeah and the Kim family and North Korea's elite are 100% innocent, not to mention China and the USSR.

Fucking idiots.
>>
>>878528
It's a a normal back exercise. Good for posture, doubly good for someone with such an assets.
>>
Racist, closed eyes, yellow spooks.

No.
>>
>>875257
Long story short: A Chinese barony with a throwback Altaic language that became an independent country because the US needed to flex its muscles against the evil commies. Because the Koreans have never had any culture of their own aside from their isolated language, they became fixated on stealing all they could from Japan (which was already going into the heiwaboke era after WWII and didn't respond for fear of getting reprisals from the US).
Korean "culture" doesn't exist, and the government is busy trying to steal Japanese land (Takeshima), IP (Sony/Panasonic cases), culture (historical revisionism making up "Korean precursors" to samurai, kendo, anime, manga and idols) and money (Korea waves), as well as being busy killing Japanese citizens (May 2013 Osaka stabbings). The US overlooks it because it protected the South during the war and will lose face if it admits that the Koreans are a tribe of thieving, murderous, squealing simians with no ability to create any culture of their own, instead stealing and lying solely for the purpose of ruining another country's culture.
And the best part is that they still can't do it right - look at their suicide rates, smoking rates and abysmal positions on mental health/happiness rankings, and they still aren't that successful. Take away stolen Japanese IP (that is, everything that they export), and they'll show themselves as the screeching simian throwbacks they are.
>>
>>878546
>IMPERIARIST RUNNING DOG CAPITARIST LACKEYS!

Although it's true that Peopre's Korea has been conspired against by Western devil agents, that makes no difference in spite of the many great Juche advances and discoveries by Holy Kim Gods 1, 2, and 3.
>>
>>878528
FOR Y-
>inb4
Shit. :(
>>878574
Supermans are pretty good. Right up there with planks.
>>878498
Funny you mention that.
The one time I traveled to Phuket (and then realised how much of a shithole we've made it [and also realised when locals ask you if you like it to say "No"]), besides the pods of white middleaged whales, the Thai girls who hung around the frat-bois often were stacked.
Like, one girl with her John came bouncing along the road next to the shopping centre as I was eating at a restaurant and all the jacked YOLO-Yanks started chimping out and trying to get her attention.
Her chest and arse must have been nearly the size of her neonatal head.
>wood berry
Seriously though, fucking Australians, Germans and Americans yelling at staff because they want more/don't have enough guacamole with no "Pleases" or "Thank you".
>>
>>878879

>Yolo jacked yanks

Were they niggers?

>yanks yelling

Nice try, Brit bong. Only your scumbag kind, bogan Aussies and pedo Germans/other euros go to Thailand. White Americans hardly go there
>>
>>878620
Japanese culture is all stolen from China as well.
>>
>>875454
>homosexual does something crazy
>>
>>877851
>smelly
check
>think they're on top
check
>half the country in poverty
check
>>
>>878843
>>878620
>no korean culture
>implying korea didn't invent pizza
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiLA6Bk_ivs
>>
>>878907
Japan have a mix of the cultures of natives and China. Them it stayed isolated for centuries.
>>
>>878888
because the only shitty people from America are niggers. Im black and I only see white guys doing that stuff
>>
>>878879
do you mean pattaya? Didn't know phuket was lame too. Haven't been to either.
>>
>>875454
HOLY MOTHER OF CHRIST
>>
>>875632
I know and have met many Koreans who have taken significant pay and status cuts to leave Korea.
>>
>>879050
seriously? Tell us about a few
>>
>>879053
Examples:

A Korean (woman) wife of a friend of mine in Canada. Met a Canadian guy on vacation (in the Philippines I think) and got hitched and moved to Canada and had a kid. She was a university graduate with a 'good' job (by Korean standards, i.e. overlong hours doing nothing productive) while in Canada she works at a dollar store in a small town. Her family hated the marriage since my friend is a blue-collar guy, so she's pretty much disowned AFAIK. She misses no opportunity to rant about how much she prefers Canada would never go back and especially how happy she is for her kid not to grow up in Korea. She essentially traded a high-end Seoul life to become rural Canadian white trash.

A friend of mine here in Korea, white American guy has been teaching here for years, married a Korean woman and had some kids while they were living together in Korea. But the kids HATED school in Korea (bullying, etc.) so the wife (who also much preferred the states) moved them to the US, while he's stuck alone working in Korea sending all his money back to his family (because he has crazy student loan debts in the US he can't work there). Her family also hated the match, and they used their threats against her to get her and the kids admitted to the US.

Just yesterday I was at the optometrists in Seoul. Women there obviously had a great job, fancy building, etc. but when she found out I was Canadian she started to go on about her plans to leave Korea and move to Canada.

It's common to meet and hear of families in Korea that have one parent working in Korea to make money, while the other raises the kids abroad because Korean culture is so toxic and education so dysfunctional.
>>
>>879050
>>879060
One of my uncles is a rich doctor living in Gangnam and spent a lot of money to send my cousins to an American boarding school to avoid the Korean educational system.
>>
>>879134
I was in Gangnam yesterday for a doctors appointment. The smell is absolutely INSUFFERABLE. It was all I could do not to throw up the sewer gas smell was so overwhelming. If I was in charge of Korea, now that they have money, priority #1 would be a proper sewer system. What point are $8 coffees and new cars and shiny new buildings when it smells like shit everywhere???? How can you enjoy these things when you're inhaling thick shit vapour all day every day everywhere you go? How glamorous can your $500 handbag be when you're never more than 20 feet from an open sewer?????
>>
>>879154
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ttongsul
They enjoy the smell. What else would you expect from simians who only passed the shit-flinging phase after Japan modernized their country?
>>
>>879060
>It's common to meet and hear of families in Korea that have one parent working in Korea to make money, while the other raises the kids abroad because Korean culture is so toxic and education so dysfunctional.
I work at an international school and can confirm that this is very common. They either have one parent living abroad with them, or get left with a 'guardian' who looks after a number of Korean kids in the same situation. Every single class I teach has at least 3-4 Koreans.
>>
>>879168
A common 'exit strategy' for long-term English teachers in Korea is to move back home (to the US/Canada/Australia/UK) and start a "home stay" that will take in Korean kids to do school abroad.

I have a Korean friend who went to high school with my brother in Canada in such a situation (staying with a local Korean family which I knew who made money taking in kids). He was pretty dumb (but from a connected family) and fell in love with drugs in Canada so had to go back to Korea in the end (he's now a firefighter in Seoul), but most would want to go to university in the West (Korean university is an absolute joke: the hard part is getting in, but once you're there they never fail anyone and university is the one time in their lives most Koreans can relax; pretty much the opposite of how the West works).

The white-trash Korean I mentioned above keeps talking about starting a home-stay and taking in kids for cash. Seems to be quite lucrative if you have connections in Korea to recruit.
>>
>>879172
>Seems to be quite lucrative if you have connections in Korea to recruit.

Lucrative, hahahahaahahahahahaha

Confirmed for not being able to operate a calculator. Actually ask yourself what someone would pay monthly for that, and what sort of services they'd expect. Then calculate that out.

Result: "just scratching by"
>>
>>879154
this post is hilarious to me for some reason. Also reminds me of Thailand a bit. Bangkok specifically. You got these hot, flawless-looking girls in heels walking past spilled bags of wet garbage. Like lol wtf.
>>
>>879156

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ttongsul

O

M

G

W

T

F

B

B

Q
>>
>>879190
People sacrifice a second income to have one parent living with the kids abroad. While paying enormous fees simply to have the kids in a public school in the US/Canada/Australia (look up what it costs a foreigner to send a kid to your local public school, you'd be shocked). They could be making two incomes in Korea, and all someone'd have to provide the kid (as a homestay operator) is a bed, roof over their head, rice and kimchi.

I remember a story a few years ago where people in Canada (I think in Manitoba) doing this had the kids in deplorable conditions and still they got away with it for a long time. My friend who went to school in Canada like this lived in a GROWHOUSE with a stonebag Korean guy, and his family are LOADED in Korea. They just didn't know any better or what was happening.
>>
>>879231
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ttongsul
Well. I learned something today.
>>
>>878550
He posted again
>>878620
>>
>>879468
The first post is way too clumsy for me. I have standards.
>>
>>879222
Can confirm.
>>
>>879154
I live in Gangnam and the only time I've smelled sewer smell is once when they replacing the road. I've never smelled it once when the sewer wasn't being maintained. You have no idea what an open sewer is if you think Seoul has them.

Piss and puke smells are pretty common on a Saturday or Sunday morning, but besides that, I'd say Seoul is substantially cleaner than NYC-- except for the trash can situation.
>>
>>879563
Yeah, what I posted about Bangkok can be said about many places
>>
>>879563
>Seoul is substantially cleaner than NYC

Settin' the bar real high, aren't ya?
>>
File: Korean-guys-hairstyles.jpg (87KB, 460x624px) Image search: [Google]
Korean-guys-hairstyles.jpg
87KB, 460x624px
All the good looking men older than 24 in Seoul are all either workaholics or assholes.

All of the ugly men in Seoul are clingy stalkers who want to marry the first white girl they see, regardless if they've only known each other for a week.
>>
>>879563
Seoul (including Gangnam) smells like shit like all of urban Korea smells like shit.

Generally the older the street the worse it is, and the few places in Korea I haven't noticed it are very new developments with all new streets at the edge of cities. Similarly any apartments that aren't very new will have that aroma piped strait into them via the drains.

Most sewers in Korea (anything that isn't brand new) vent strait to the street and have positive pressure. It's pretty developing-world standard, since it was build when Korea was a developing country (hence also developing-world practices like not flushing toilet paper). Combine that with the extreme population density and lack of airflow from all the tall buildings and it's some of the worst in the world.

And re: being clean, Korea has much more litter than the West for the simply reason that there are few and often no public trash cans. I'd say it's less than you'd expect (it's not 3rd world tier), but it's nowhere near as clean as the West (where you're rarely more than a few metres from a public trash can)
>>
>>879599
Generally Asians seem to care a LOT more than Westerners about the appearance and service, while Westerners (especially North Americans) are focused on efficiency/value. Asians'll put a new coat of paint on things before they'll worry about fixing the plumbing.
>>
>>879598

Nobody wants you fatty. Stick with banging niggers in the military. Nobody wants either of you in Asia, lol
>>
>>879154

Lived in Gangnam for three months and never smelled anything. Pretty nice part of the city, would live there again.
>>
>>879599
Did you even read my post? Keep telling me about the area I live in.

Korea doesn't have trash cans-- they did back in the day but everybody started throwing their household trash in the cans because they saved money on the stupid food trash bags.

My apartment drain does smell sometimes but we put a top on it. I've never smelled it in the streets in two years of living here. I hear people talk about it all the time but I've still never seen it, as opposed to China, where there are actually open sewers.

>>879638

I always find people (not you m8) on 4chan funny about name dropping Gangnam like it's the Upper East Side or Beverly Hills. Literally every part of urban Korea is exactly the same as every other part. Maybe Chungdum-dong can claim the most elegant apartments and 'nicest' (read: overpriced) restaraunts, but there are plenty of average folks living in shitty old buildings there too. Korean neighborhoods (with maybe the execption of Itaewon and Hongdae) and boroughs have no unique culture of their own and every one is the same as the next.

>>879601
I do see this alot. The Koreans will put a new facade on an old building an it looks modern as fuck, but the same 1970's prone to collapse peice of shit is still underneath.
>>
Good thread, guys. Pretty interesting info and stories here. Kept me pretty entertained during my weekend in Chiang Mai, Thailand. I have a cousin teaching there now so I've been interested. Thanks to those who responded to me.
>>
>>879698
>interesting info
So you are traveling another country and decided to read shitposts about Korea instead of enjoying the one you visit?
>>
>>879666
>I hear people talk about it all the time but I've still never seen it

If you admit that people talk about it all the time, maybe the problem is you--or your nose?

I lived in Korea for two years and I know exactly the smell that that poster is talking about: it smells like a sewer, and is common throughout all of Seoul. I don't know why Korea has this problem. My Korean wife agrees that this exists too.
>>
>>879756
Because there aren't enough hours in the day to read 100 posts on 4chan AND go out in Chiang Mai.

Not everyone reads as slow as you, retard.
>>
>>879666
Either your nose is broken or you're so used to it you can't smell it anymore (that would be something, since it's absolutely horrible)
>>
>>879762
this. Kayaked for the first time in my life, ate Indian food, made love to the attractive woman I took with me, went to two museums, and still had time to read some good ol' shitposts. Back to work teaching now.
>>
>>875263
Korea bans pornography. There is no sexiness in the country.
>>
>>879798
Pornography is banned (or essentially so) but prostitution is quite open.
>>
I want to go to korea to go whoring. Supposedly korean whores are very high class for east asians.

Can anyone confirm/deny
>>
>>879807
>but prostitution is quite open
Tell me more
>>
>>875263
porn is illegal in Korea though.
>>
>>876804
This Christian morals ruined the country. Japanese girls see sex as something you do with somebody you like. Koreans see it as something you do after marriage to please god. Also porn can't be made in Korea. half the reasons to visit any Asian country gone already.
>>
>>879920
>uptight Korean girl with Christian morals
>liberal Japanese girl who may/may not have been filmed having sex with an octopus

Pick one
>>
>>879879
>>879807

It's not open to foreigners/waygooks as far as I know
>>
Hai guise, I'm a whittu piggu looking to find and shack up with a hot, rich Gangnam girl and live off of her in apartment in Korea for a few years. How do I find one and do that? I know what to do afterwards (pulverize their tender vaginas w/ cock and provide them with good orgasms, lick their asshole, eat that pussy, suck their toes, etc), but I don't know where to meet them.

I met one girl from Incheon, but she wasn't rich and lived with her parents. And another near Pusan who had money and a good job, but she was ass ugly.

Little help?
>>
>>879952
>And another near Pusan who had money and a good job, but she was ass ugly.
There's always cosmetic surgery
>>
>>879920
>never Fucked an Asian Christian
Pity
>>
>>879957
>>never Fucked an Asian Christian
Speaking of which, how do I bang a Christian Filipina?
Just go for it?
>>
>>880120
>how do I bang a Christian Filipina?
There's really no mystery to it. Easiest thing in the world.
Thread posts: 136
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.