[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

South America Travel PY-AG-UY-CL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

File: Screenshot_2016-10-09_20-31-43.png (484KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-09_20-31-43.png
484KB, 1366x768px
Hi /trv/.I'm planig my first major travel,it will be to South America (pic related) and would
apreciate some fedback and tips,mostly from locals or people who have been there before.

PY-AG-UY-AG-CL

I am fluent in Spanish and English.I'll be traveling just with a backpack (have a 20L and a 40L
but will do my best to fit all my stuff in the 20L one,opinions?) and my DSLR camera.

I lived in Asuncion for 8 months and have a good idea how the city works.

Budget $4000 (after plane tickets).I wont need to pay for my stay in Asuncion, Montevideo and maybe
Santiago.I know Buenos Aires is very expensive but i'm not looking for that face of the city,
though i would like to know how munch could it cost a week there in a cheap yet secure hostel.
I'm not expensive, dont need great hotesl or fancy restaurants.Know the most expensive ones
will be AG and CL

I will need to cross land borders, do you know how good/bad are the following borders?

Encarnacion(PY) - Posadas(AG)
Concordia(AG) - Salto(UY)
Colonia del Sacramento (UY) - Buenos Aire (AG) Buquebus
Las Cuevas (AG - Cancha Pelada (CL)

I have a doubt when it comes to AG.I'll be going from Buenos Aires to Mendoza in order to get to Chile
but would like to know Rosario o Córdoba.I bet they are not as expesive nor have the crime rate of
Buenos Aires but do they worth the detour?

time:1 month (can extend a week more if i have to)

pic
1/5
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-12-08_11-22-02.png (468KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-08_11-22-02.png
468KB, 1366x768px
>>
File: UY.png (440KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
UY.png
440KB, 1366x768px
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-09_20-19-18.png (582KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-09_20-19-18.png
582KB, 1366x768px
AG 1
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-12-08_11-26-07.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-08_11-26-07.png
1MB, 1366x768px
CL
>>
AG 2 would be the travel from east to west but I havent decided the route
>>
Are the stars on your map tourist attractions?

Have you already been to the Iguazu falls of what?

I don't know about you, but I hate long bus rides. Consider stopping somewhere between Buenos Aires and Mendoza to get some sleep.
>>
Buquebus is ez pz. You get to the terminal and wait for the ferry. Ferry gets you yo Colonia and then a bus gets you to Montevideo. Colonia is a pretty chill city. Really small and comfy as Fuck.

Montevideo, really dirty city buy pretty modernized when it comes to computers Internet and free WiFi. Wouldn't mind guiding you through it, I've already done it before with other people.

Now for salto, can't really tell, never went to Argentina that way. Salto is pretty well known for their oranges so you might want to try some.

I'm currently at work right now, but leave me as many questions about Uruguay as you want and I'll try to answer them all.
>>
>>1189928
>Are the stars on your map tourist attractions?

most of them are natural areactions.

>Have you already been to the Iguazu falls of what?

no, i haven't but i would like to stay away from brz and the triple border this time.

>I don't know about you, but I hate long bus rides. Consider stopping somewhere between Buenos Aires and Mendoza to get some sleep.

thats why i'm asking about rosario and cordoba and why i didn't posted AG2
>>
>>1190026
I think i have read your coments in somebody's thread asking for punta del diablo-cabo polonio.
I will be entering UY in salto and leaving from colonia del sacramento to Buenos Aires.

Few things I want to ask about UY:
In the north (Salto,Tacuarembo and Melo) is it really safe to do hitchhiking? also to go from salto to Tacuarembo my options are route 3+26 or route 31,because I want to visit the meseta de Artigas does it worth to go there and back to salto to take route 31 or should I take someting from meseta de Artigas to Tacuarembo? pic related.ty for awnsering my thread
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-12-08_23-24-52.png (343KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-08_23-24-52.png
343KB, 1366x768px
>>1190044
forgot pic
>>
>>1190044
I'll answer you tomorrow after I wake up. I'll go to the gym and research a little bit about it as I wanna be sure about a few points I wanna make about those places.

For instance, Uruguay is overall a pretty safe country, although you can always find a few freaks out there ready to do stupid things, but you should be fine, specially because you speak Spanish, that should make the trip extremely easy.

You should also know that in Salto you have the pretty well known termas(hot springs oriented as small waterparks). This might come handy as you can pay a day fee and relax in hot water before continuing on your trip.

And the last thing I want to say before going to sleep: yes, I'm probably the one who helped someone asking about Punta del diablo. I'm always trying to help out people when it comes to Uruguay/Argentina.
>>
>>1190044
Now, I've already asked a few friends that did some backpacking earlier this year and I feel way better to answer your question.

From salto to Paysandú(Meseta de artigas) it should be fairly easy to hitchhike. Now, as I feared, getting to Tacuarembó hitchhiking won't be that easy. From my friends experience, it was a real pain in the Ass and they had to walk a big(relatively) part of the way before getting someone friendly enough to pick them up.

Prices to get a round trip Paysandú - Tacuarembó and Tacuarembó - Paysandú will probably be around $800 (usd 28), pretty expensive but it's up to you and how much time do wish to spend.

If you still want to get there hitchhiking, route 31 should be easier than 26.

For safety, as I said before, you should be pretty fine as long as your are not an idiot. People in towns should be friendly enough to help you with indications and other kind of things. Just remember people there have a really different accent from Montevideo/Buenos Aires and use some local words that don't really exist.

My friends perspective on this point is that they were never threatened while backpacking in Uruguay and it is should come as a pretty chill experience. They actually got robbed once they arrived Buenos Aires.

Can't check spelling/sentence structure right now because I'm in a hurry, but hopefully it is still readable.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.